• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It sure has, actually I'll be on the beast in the photo. A bit scary, having seen it in action!

I'm not sure the kiwi commentator is smart enough to know that it fucks Ken off. I think he is just commenting on the few things his feeble mind understands. "Ken, what made the teams decide

The TVNZ coverage had the graphic at bottom which cycled through speed+VMG / flight time / wind speed. That graphic is f@#$&+g horrible. The layout precludes comparing VMG between boats

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, weta27 said:

Stephen McIvor is a very good sports commentator, polished, fronts the Auckland pro tennis tournament and has worked in many other sports over the years.

Hes just not much of a boxer. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

The YT streams for the 3 days are now online:

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

The streams for the races Rennmaus linked are not available in the US, so I think we have our answer on whether the races will be available live on YouTube here. They won't.

12 minutes ago, porthos said:

The streams for the races Rennmaus linked are not available in the US, so I think we have our answer on whether the races will be available live on YouTube here. They won't.

Fucking bullshit.  Greedy bastards.  

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, porthos said:

Bummer! So sorry.

EDIT: Maybe get a German IP address?

39 minutes ago, porthos said:

What about on americascup.com

I thought that GD was celebrating that the AC would be free to view?

1 minute ago, winchfodder said:

What about on americascup.com

I thought that GD was celebrating that the AC would be free to view?

The fact that youtube won't be available in the US is pretty telling. It would make no sense to geo-block the US on youtube but not on the other digital platforms. Again, the fact that NBCSN is charging for live access to the American's Cup strongly suggests that the only place to watch the racing live in the US is through NBCSN's gold pass, otherwise they couldn't really charge for it.  But this is 2020, and maybe some strange shit will happen and the live racing will be available on Facebook or on the cup site even though it is not available on youtube.   

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Enzedel92 said:

How does one go about this?

Via a VPN. There are several providers when you google "VPN". Some for free, some with fee.
You can also try Servus.tv (livestream here: https://www.servustv.com/americascuplive/, and later here: https://www.servustv.com/mediathek/). Maybe, they don't do geoblocking.

In addition, these are the pirate sites I used for Bermuda, but they don't seem to have sailing anymore:

http://livetv.sx/dex/allupcoming/
https://cricfree.sc/

This is the Bermuda thread with quite a few VPN/Proxy addresses:

5 minutes ago, MastaVonBlasta said:

Which is really surprising - I thought that with Sky Sports lined up in UK the YouTube streams would be blocked

Exactly my reaction after I saw that they were not available in the US (despite the promises and that table). I winder whether the cup itself will be available in US

46 minutes ago, MastaVonBlasta said:

I'm based in UK and these scheduled YT videos appear to be working for me....

Which is really surprising - I thought that with Sky Sports lined up in UK the YouTube streams would be blocked

As it's 2AM race starts, I can't see any reason Sky would shell out for exclusive coverage. Probably glad to have any live sport after the last 9 months.

That's my take on it.

This is surprising to me. Certainly fans have been led to believe there would be free access for all.

I wonder if someone forgot to flick a switch for US. Will be interesting to see what Aussies get.

Appears to be working for the French based on YouTube comments.

Every matches and racing of the 36th America’s Cup presented by PRADA will be streamed live on Youtube, Facebook and americascup.com in almost every country around the world.

I guess this is the answer for those stateside.

Love the grammar on the AC website. Jesus fucking Christ.

7 minutes ago, pusslicker said:

Every matches and racing of the 36th America’s Cup presented by PRADA will be streamed live on Youtube, Facebook and americascup.com in almost every country around the world.

I guess this is the answer for those stateside.

Love the grammar on the AC website. Jesus fucking Christ.

Yeah that almost always made me think the U.S. would get shafted. Vpn it is then. Would have been nice if they spelled out specifically which countries were excluded so it was clear.

• Like 1

VPN rookie here, first off thanks for the tips! I can view the streams now in the US. But when I try and click on the AC Youtube channel to see what other streams are available like the port entry option posted above, I get an error message saying the site isn't available, but if I have a link in here I can watch. Any ideas of why this might be happening? 

3 hours ago, RMac said:

I'm using NordVPN. Just took a trip with it to, oh, say, Austria, and all of a sudden I can see the YT links 

Nord here as well. I decided to go to NZ. There is no covid there. Seems to be working. Hopefully the curtain doesn't drop at 8:59 EST tonight.

• Like 1

This is what I got to work in the US.

Download and install Firefox browser.  install add-on for UrbanVPN (it is free).  

Open firefox, start urban vpn (click on icon in toolbar) and choose new zealand for the server.  start the vpn by hitting the play triangle.  

Then paste the URL link from the first YouTube video (right click on video in this thread and copy URL).  paste url into the Firefox.

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

Download and install Firefox browser.  install add-on for UrbanVPN (it is free).  

Open firefox, start urban vpn (click on icon in toolbar) and choose new zealand for the server.  start the vpn by hitting the play triangle.  

Then paste the URL link from the first YouTube video (right click on video in this thread and copy URL).  paste url into the Firefox.

That worked as well.

18 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

Thank you sir for making it simple and free....

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, porthos said:

UrbanVPN is an extension on Chrome as well and it works by selecting the New Zealand server.

It is also available for Safari, so I guess I could have just used that.  I just wanted to keep it separate from the normal browsing.  

I also used the Urban VPN to get a free access on demand account account with TVNZ.  It gave me the free account that I can login to, but it still will not play any programs because it gives me the following error code:

This video cannot be watched from your location. If you're in NZ, please deactivate any VPN or Smart DNS service you may be running, and make sure timezone settings are correct on your device

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

Yes thanks for this. Will see if FB or ac.com works first. 

41 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

Thanks, just sent that info to a few mates over there. 

15 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

It is also available for Safari, so I guess I could have just used that.  I just wanted to keep it separate from the normal browsing.  

I also used the Urban VPN to get a free access on demand account account with TVNZ.  It gave me the free account that I can login to, but it still will not play any programs because it gives me the following error code:

This video cannot be watched from your location. If you're in NZ, please deactivate any VPN or Smart DNS service you may be running, and make sure timezone settings are correct on your device

I do this too.... "keep it separate from the normal"

Yeah I have yet to get around the TVNZ problem although others on google reckon they do??

2 hours ago, rh3000 said:

This is surprising to me. Certainly fans have been led to believe there would be free access for all.

I wonder if someone forgot to flick a switch for US. Will be interesting to see what Aussies get.

Appears to be working for the French based on YouTube comments.

Those links are all showing blocked for me here in Australia.

11 minutes ago, martin 'hoff said:

It's a bit dodgy. You probably want to run it in a throwaway VM for safety.

I would absolutely do that if I had any idea what you meant. I'm sort of a Luddite when it comes to this stuff. I'll probably just sign up for NordVPN.

1 hour ago, markvannote said:

Nord here as well. I decided to go to NZ. There is no covid there. Seems to be working. Hopefully the curtain doesn't drop at 8:59 EST tonight.

That's literally the funniest thing you've ever said

• Like 1
2 hours ago, porthos said:

UrbanVPN is an extension on Chrome as well and it works by selecting the New Zealand server.

This seemed to work for me.  Never did the VPN thing before.  All the youtube links were blacked out above, then I downloaded this VPN extension selected NZ in drop down menu and Whamo, there they are.  Pretty easy.  FNBC. 

• Like 1

dont forget to try the obfuscated servers on nord

nord has an nz server .. but tvnz / spark may have the address and block it ... if they haven't you can watch straight from tvnz site

kodi addons provide far more options  ( far to many to list individually )

live nettv .. is worth a try .. i have only found an APK for install that's android only .. can be installed on a kodi setup or try it on bluestacks if your not into kodi

there is always a way

just keep asking till you get a workable solution

I'm surprised about all the hand wringing concerning how to get the live feed for free.  I'm sure americascup.com will post a free copy of the live broadcast  soon after each race day, as they did in 'Frisco and Bermuda.  So why not go to bed at a reasonable hour and watch the race while enjoying your breakfast?

• Like 1
On 12/5/2020 at 2:56 PM, DayTripper said:

Jesus. What's your problem?

WATCH ONLINE

Every matches and racing of the 36th America’s Cup presented by Prada will be streamed live on Youtube, Facebook and americascup.com in almost every country around the world.

I'd like to take this opportunity to dunk all over your idiocy. The AC will not be streamed live on Youtube and Facebook in the USA. So if ANYONE in the states wants to watch it, they have to pay NBC or use a VPN. This is absolute SHIT. ETNZ is only making the AC more exclusive by working with NBC. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

and grant dalton does not keep his promises

Kind of a whopper this.  The 4 countries represented have a total population of 460 mil.  The USA has 71% of that.  So, "almost every country around the world "  is just a tad disingenuous.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, pluscount said:

Kind of a whopper this.  The 4 countries represented have a total population of 460 mil.  The USA has 71% of that.  So, "almost every country around the world "  is just a tad disingenuous.

And of that 460 mill how many are even aware it's on? 

5 minutes ago, kenergy said:

And of that 460 mill how many are even aware it's on? 

And how many are aware that there is such a thing as outside the US?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Nutta said:

And how many are aware that there is such a thing as outside the US?

I stand corrected.  "almost every country around the world " is accurate and therefore we US crybabies should harden the fuck up.  Dalts did keep his promise with no subterfuge intended.

43 minutes ago, Just A Skosh said:

I'd like to take this opportunity to dunk all over your idiocy. The AC will not be streamed live on Youtube and Facebook in the USA. So if ANYONE in the states wants to watch it, they have to pay NBC or use a VPN. This is absolute SHIT. ETNZ is only making the AC more exclusive by working with NBC. 

I would agree.  I don’t know who is behind it but it’s very ironic and un-American I may add that the America’s Cup isn’t broadcast for free in America.  I mean it’s is the America’s Cup is it not?  

But if I live in Tonga, Mexico, North Korean, or Russia I can stream all day for free.

What the actual fuck

6 minutes ago, pluscount said:

I stand corrected.  "almost every country around the world " is accurate and therefore we US crybabies should harden the fuck up.  Dalts did keep his promise with no subterfuge intended.

I don't know US broadcasting, but is there any one provider that would cover the entire US? Stitching together US-wide coverage with multiple providers might be tricky? No idea what the commercials around that would be like, but nigh on impossible I'd suggest?

1 minute ago, Nutta said:

I don't know US broadcasting, but is there any one provider that would cover the entire US? Stitching together US-wide coverage with multiple providers might be tricky? No idea what the commercials around that would be like, but nigh on impossible I'd suggest?

There are several sports channels that cover the entire country: ESPN, NBCSN, Fox, CBSSports. ACE went for the payday rather than making access easy for people here.

7 minutes ago, Nutta said:

Youtube?

True, though have you tried to stream video via YouTube? I know a funeral that had a live stream that YouTube dropped because their algorithms picked up music in the background and decided it was contrary to terms of service...

Not an excuse, but might be more complicated than it seems from the outside?

4 minutes ago, Nutta said:

True, though have you tried to stream video via YouTube? I know a funeral that had a live stream that YouTube dropped because their algorithms picked up music in the background and decided it was contrary to terms of service...

That's some rather anecdotal evidence. With so many users on YouTube, you can absolutely find a time when it didn't work if you want. But the only evidence you need to confirm that the platform is good is that ACE is streaming THIS cup on YouTube. Clearly, they are fine with it.  All of which is to say, this isn't complicated: NBCSN wrote a check and got exclusive rights. Q.E.D.

1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

If you don’t have a VPN or can’t figure out how to watch free streams then you don’t deserve it. It’s 2020. 

and grant dalton does not keep his promises

Maybe not to you.

BTW where is the ETNZ video you promised us before San Fran??

21 minutes ago, Nutta said:

Dalts sold the US rights to NBC.  Most sports in the US are aired free and the network gets its money back from advertisements.  For some reason, NBC thinks it can charge $175 to watch live.  Beyond stupid.  Also beyond stupid is that Dalts didn't require live viewing from NBC.  Ya think Dalts got more $ without that requirement?  Asking for a friend.
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, phill_nz said:

10 mins in of the coverage from tvnz

nothing but cringe so far

it might improve .. cannot see it having heard the 2 anchors

hope is eternal

Who is the fuckwit in shorts with Toni Street?? Shouldn't he be stacking shelves at Bunnings??

12 minutes ago, Nutta said:

Presumably with a significant sports event like this, they would be able to reach prior agreement not to fuck with the stream?

After all, this would drag a decent audience onto their platform. I reckon at this peak, the viewership could top 10 or 15 Million.

Not massive, but not nothing either.

1 minute ago, pluscount said:
Dalts sold the US rights to NBC.  Most sports in the US are aired free and the network gets its money back from advertisements.  For some reason, NBC thinks it can charge $175 to watch live.  Beyond stupid.  Also beyond stupid is that Dalts didn't require live viewing from NBC.  Ya think Dalts got more $ without that requirement?  Asking for a friend.

Mayo&Calder were responsible for the broadcast negotiations.

1 minute ago, pluscount said:

I'm sure the contract with NBC requires that NBC carry the cup events live. The contract clearly also permits NBC to make the event basically ppv for the live portion, which suggests that NBC paid more for the rights figuring it would make the extra with ppv revenue.

1 minute ago, phill_nz said:

3pm

so an hour of these .... sperts

So a whole hour of useless crap. Thanks TVNZ for wasting our time. As interesting as Toni Street is, I don’t give a fuck for what she has to say. No wonder Intend to watch Netflix and Amazon these days.....with free to air drivel like this, I’d happily pay for her to go away.

1 minute ago, zillafreak said:

Yes looks like I was an idiot to pay $175 for live coverage, its all replayed 4 hours later on NBCSN. Didnt know that was an option. Oh well...

I give you top marks as a super fan. To spend that amount you must be a real fan of the sport. 

11 minutes ago, mako23 said:

So a whole hour of useless crap. Thanks TVNZ for wasting our time. As interesting as Toni Street is, I don’t give a fuck for what she has to say. No wonder Intend to watch Netflix and Amazon these days.....with free to air drivel like this, I’d happily pay for her to go away.

The vast majority of NZ TV presenters are garbage or at least they were the last time I actually watched TV about 10 years ago.

Can't imagine things have improved since then.

Looks like NBC online will have it live, but for $175.

Does anyone know if the VPNs actually work for these broadcasts?

Does anyone know if the online full replays will be free in the USA?

Just now, nroose said:

If you have NBC Sports Network, the races will be broadcast a few hours after the racing concludes (1-3a here on EST). Ask me in about 20 minutes if the VPNs work.

2 minutes ago, nroose said:

Ok you could get the TVNZ app on iPad or Android and use a VPN. I use vpyvpn to get American and British content. Works well for me

Just now, terrafirma said:

Watching the preview now on Foxtel in Australia. Pretty much just an intro to what we already know and have seen etc. Not long now till start. what will be the winning margin for Race 1 and who will win? :D

Being discussed over in the Christmas Regatta thread. There are not a variety of opinions.

28 minutes ago, mako23 said:

Does anyone have any idea what time does the actual racing starts. Watching TVNZ and all seems to be all filler which bores me senseless 

Chill, Sharkie. This filler stuff is dumbed down a bit for the masses for sure. You'll get your fix soon.