5 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

I guess I won't admit that I found some of it quite funny, then. ;-)

yup

best not

• Like 1
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It sure has, actually I'll be on the beast in the photo. A bit scary, having seen it in action!

I'm not sure the kiwi commentator is smart enough to know that it fucks Ken off. I think he is just commenting on the few things his feeble mind understands. "Ken, what made the teams decide

The TVNZ coverage had the graphic at bottom which cycled through speed+VMG / flight time / wind speed. That graphic is f@#$&+g horrible. The layout precludes comparing VMG between boats

Posted Images

So I just watched all the Bermuda AC (not challengers) races again. I know they are not, but the boats just look slow and cumbersome compared to these. And I'm definitely a cat guy. The upwind speeds are especially telling as compared tot he monos. Its a bit of an eyeopener.

• Like 4

Prada cup was advertised to air 2:00pm est on NBCSN January 31. (According to newspaper) I got up and did what I had to do and was all prepared with Dark and Stormy's and various unhealthy snacks. I turn on TV and it's women's soccer. I have nothing against women's soccer, but was very disappointed. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tack nazi said:

Prada cup was advertised to air 2:00pm est on NBCSN January 31. (According to newspaper) I got up and did what I had to do and was all prepared with Dark and Stormy's and various unhealthy snacks. I turn on TV and it's women's soccer. I have nothing against women's soccer, but was very disappointed. 

NBCSN Chicago is showing it late at night.  Next races, Feb. 12, 9-11pm; Feb 13, 9:30-11:30pm. CST.  YMMV

23 hours ago, Tack nazi said:

I did the same thing and then realized it was on the schedule because they were not sure if it would go that far. But USA was eliminated so nomo till the 12th US which is the 13th in NZ.

I usually just have a 7yr Flor d cana with a splash of pepsi or (soda stream) lemon lime.

22 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

NBCSN Chicago is showing it late at night.  Next races, Feb. 12, 9-11pm; Feb 13, 9:30-11:30pm. CST.  YMMV

Feb 16, 9-11pm CST.

According to NBCSN,  races on the 12th and 16 are being  shown live

4 minutes ago, Paddywackery said:

That’s nice of them, what about the rest?

They have shown everything so far. No reason to believe that they would stop now.

Their published TV schedule only goes out about 2 weeks at a time.

https://www.nbcsports.com/tv-listings/full

On 2/5/2021 at 3:32 PM, Paddywackery said:

True, and hopefully they won’t. 

For what it is worth, my cable tv provider has races scheduled to be shown through Feb. 21. That is the scheduled end of the Prada Cup finals.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Just seen it announced that BBC will cover the first 4 races live on BBC iplayer, red button and on its website. 

This is more coverage than I can ever recall BBC providing of sailing. Incredible. Whether it will be any better than the YT coverage I'm not convinced. But we'll see.

10 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

Just seen it announced that BBC will cover the first 4 races live on BBC iplayer, red button and on its website. 

This is more coverage than I can ever recall BBC providing of sailing. Incredible. Whether it will be any better than the YT coverage I'm not convinced. But we'll see.

I thought you British were luckier then us in terms of tv coverage of sailing events!

20 hours ago, animeproblem said:

Interesting, so does this mean the fabulous "GOLD" package thingy has been abandoned? I just checked the listing on DIRECTV & it shows live coverage as well.

Nope still there on gold. Live with 4 streams to choose from: data feed, on board cam for each boat, and the general coverage with commentary.

Major races are often reported by the BBC in late night shows but are 'photogenic' clips with a poor story line and no analysis.

There has been a few minutes a week from the December/January activities in NZ even though they advertised widely there would be plenty of real time stuff.

Sky have been excellent for those with a Sky media package but it's hardly FTA. It is though recordable.

The move for the BBC to put the first 4 final races on FTA (via its iPlayer) is good news.

I like the feed coming from NZ but wish we had more graphic info on the wind directions.

But TV is a step up from earlier years.

The Times (including the Scottish edition) had a big page comparing the two boats and the main guys driving them which was informative for the non sailor which was good to see.

I think all the broadsheets have had fairly big articles. Coverage is definitely more this time. The fact that Ben is the skipper helps as he is one of only a few sailors the general public has a hope of recognising (Francis Drake & Ellen Macarthur being the main others, or at a push Knox-Johnston,  Chichester or Shirley ).

If he wins the Prada then I think coverage would increase quite a lot.

1 hour ago, FINS said:

So is the coverage free on NBCSN in the USA yet???

It is if your cable provider offers NBCSN as part of a basic or enhanced package.  At least it is for me.

I guess the next question is, will the geo-blocking on the U tube feeds continue here in the states? At any rate I intend to have them fired up, with VPN if needed, who knows how many commercials NBCSN will try to mix in, likely at the worst possible timing.

This will entail some running up & down the stairs a bit, if I want enjoy my big flat screen plasma anyway, all I have downstairs where my computer lives is a creaking antique CRT.

4 minutes ago, animeproblem said:

I guess the next question is, will the geo-blocking on the U tube feeds continue here in the states? At any rate I intend to have them fired up, with VPN if needed, who knows how many commercials NBCSN will try to mix in, likely at the worst possible timing.

This will entail some running up & down the stairs a bit, if I want enjoy my big flat screen plasma anyway, all I have downstairs where my computer lives is a creaking antique CRT.

Hopefully, well worth the effort.

3 hours ago, animeproblem said:

You are near me, right? In Snohomish County my Comcast NBCSN displays that it will show tonight’s racing, Live. Ch 626. 

^I know, right, Comcast is my upstairs big TV setup, downstairs is the old CRT on DIRECTV, it gives me 3 hours early access to Adult Swim.

Of course Comcast gives me fast internet, that's why I have both.

4 minutes ago, animeproblem said:

^I know, right, Comcast is my upstairs big TV setup

Yep, Comcast cable boxes are on all of my of screens. All Internet/WiFi and land-line phone too, maybe I will switch to super-fast fiber if Comcast hikes rates too much but so far so good. Has the coming snow belt hit LFP yet? 

1 hour ago, Stingray~ said:

Yep, Comcast cable boxes are on all of my of screens. All Internet/WiFi and land-line phone too, maybe I will switch to super-fast fiber if Comcast hikes rates too much but so far so good. Has the coming snow belt hit LFP yet? 

Just went outside to check, was going to say no not yet, then I felt some tiny bits falling on my head, about the size of a grain of sugar I would guess.

15 minutes ago, animeproblem said:

Just went outside to check, was going to say no not yet, then I felt some tiny bits falling on my head, about the size of a grain of sugar I would guess.

I really wanted the Rain City Bitch Pigeons to be a thing

21 hours ago, animeproblem said:

I guess the next question is, will the geo-blocking on the U tube feeds continue here in the states? 

If I had a VPN, which country should I set it to do it isn't geo-blocked? I would really like to be able to watch complete races. Thanks

42 minutes ago, Speng said:

If I had a VPN, which country should I set it to do it isn't geo-blocked? I would really like to be able to watch complete races. Thanks

I first tried AUS, but that didn't work the second time. Switzerland has worked every time. Funny ads, though.

1 hour ago, nroose said:

I first tried AUS, but that didn't work the second time. Switzerland has worked every time. Funny ads, though.

Try Ireland, works well and not too many ads. 

46 minutes ago, Paddywackery said:

Try Ireland, works well and not too many ads. 

I used the free US NBCSN coverage last night. Good enough for me. Without the hassle of the VPN, and good old 'Merican fast food ads.

20 hours ago, animeproblem said:

^I know, right, Comcast is my upstairs big TV setup, downstairs is the old CRT on DIRECTV, it gives me 3 hours early access to Adult Swim.

I downloaded the Adult Swim app on my newer TV. I had never seen the first episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force. I was LMAO. Some stuff on the app is free and some is pay.

Who were the 2 new guys at the beginning of the NBCSN broadcast. They were as boring as the racing.

1 hour ago, nroose said:

I used the free US NBCSN coverage last night. Good enough for me. Without the hassle of the VPN, and good old 'Merican fast food ads.

The problem is that the gold package with four different feeds--overview, two boat cams, and data feed--is now apparently disabled. I have (had?) the gold package, but the four video streams never went live last night, so I watched it on regular NBCSN.

It's disappointing not to have the video feeds I paid for,  even though I enjoyed watching the racing on the big screen TV, rather than multiple smaller 

computer monitors. We'll have to see what happens when it gets to the Match. Maybe they are trying to drum up business by giving the basic feed away at this stage.

Scares Aligned and I watched Race #3

so I guess there will be an extra race

No watching tomorrow evening as it's a Spawning Holiday so I Must Swim UpStream and ........

Women are Soooo demanding

7 hours ago, nroose said:

What are "ads"?

• Like 1

It's mad that we have the live streams on YouTube here in Ireland, we have traditionally gotten fucked over for the cup in the past, they would split it between multiple Sky sports channels so a standard subscription wouldn't cover you. That said when it comes to the match itself it'll probably be Sky only ffs 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Varan said:

Uninterrupted coverage is best. Thank you youtube. 

Yeah true that, loving not cutting away straight after starts for 3 minutes of crap :-D

2 hours ago, 45Roller said:

It's mad that we have the live streams on YouTube here in Ireland, we have traditionally gotten fucked over for the cup in the past, they would split it between multiple Sky sports channels so a standard subscription wouldn't cover you. That said when it comes to the match itself it'll probably be Sky only ffs 

I agree and hope that it’s not Sky only once we get to the AC match itself. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, KiwiJoker said:

Heads up.  A pause in racing. Level 3 conditions  here in Auckland for next three days following new virus concerns. May be extended.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-19-coronavirus-auckland-to-level-3-tonight-rest-of-country-at-level-2/XIHDKTK57ZKASTIEZNOLQZUUGY/

I Soooo wish they would have put off the CUP till 2022-2023

so It could be the 4 Ring Circus it has  ben  been in the past

spotty Tube coverage does NOT Make up for Not being able to be there in Person on me YACHT !!!

Ya I will plan to go to Auckland for the Next Defense !!

• Like 1
16 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

spotty Tube coverage does NOT Make up for Not being able to be there in Person on me YACHT !!!

Ya I will plan to go to Auckland for the Next Defense !!

What, your YACHT hasn't sunk yet?

And if still afloat, will it go 50+ knots?

Picture or it isn't true.

Asking for a friend...

13 hours ago, Fiji Bitter said:

What, your YACHT hasn't sunk yet?

And if still afloat, will it go 50+ knots?

Picture or it isn't true.

Asking for a friend...

Ain't sunk as long as it's stickin out

still floats

image.png.63af706e04a829aeddafb3525721fcec.png

I dunno how fast But they would need to pass me 2x per lap

image.png.e6b4c4b3887162593405ce0b8031919c.png

the Actual Race is Fun Too But I LOVE The CIRCUS all around

image.png.c801515ec5c631d69f9284eff9901dc2.png

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

I dunno how fast

Great pictures Woody, I knew you would oblige!

Now just add some foils and you will be flying.

Then paint Grenadier on the sides and get Ratcliffe to sponsor you, next time.

• Like 4

Moving to Australia before the match. What are the options over there? 

Will probably listen to PJ Montgomery on iheart radio but wouldn't mind pictures.... 

3 minutes ago, NZL4EVER said:

Will probably listen to PJ Montgomery on iheart radio but wouldn't mind pictures.... 

@not from this world is in AUS and is watching on YouTube via VPN

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NZL4EVER said:

Live on foxtel, or Youtube with a VPN 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Flags said:

Live on foxtel, or Youtube with a VPN 

Oh cool I think I have foxtel where I"m staying cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Just took a look at the Comcast guide for tomorrow night, I do believe I'll be back on the Youtube/VPN system, NBCSN showing delayed coverage, likely with ads shoved in piggly wiggly.

On 2/21/2021 at 9:48 AM, NZL4EVER said:

Oh cool I think I have foxtel where I"m staying cheers.

Need to have the "Fox Sports" package otherwise you will be Youtube VPN with an HDMI cable to your TV :)

54 minutes ago, wildcardnz said:

Can anyone recommend a doco about the history of the cup (modern or historic) I can show to the wife ahead of racing start?

Trying to find a decent clip on the history of Luna Rossa, this one is good but short:

for ETNZ there are a couple out there, this one covers the beginning back in 86/7 right up to today

I guess those two are a good start, we can dig into the DoG match between EB & LE to show that side of the cup too if you want:

19 minutes ago, 45Roller said:

Trying to find a decent clip on the history of Luna Rossa, this one is good but short:

for ETNZ there are a couple out there, this one from Americascup.com covers the beginning back in 86/7 right up to today

I guess those two are a good start, we can dig into the DoG match between EB & LE to show that side of the cup too if you want:

Started watching this, but honestly far too much of a blow job for Lazza for my liking.

I'm pretty sure Lazza's semen dribbled out of the narrator's mouth after doing this.

1 minute ago, jaysper said:

Started watching this, but honestly far too much of a blow job for Lazza for my liking.

I'm pretty sure Lazza's semen dribbled out of the narrator's mouth after doing this.

Hopefully Jeremy Irons was well paid

1 minute ago, jaysper said:

FFS jaysper, you’re bad  

Lazza’s daughter made it. 

Just now, Paddywackery said:

FFS jaysper, you’re bad  

Lazza’s daughter made it. 

Oh did she? LOL!

To be fair, I don't think there was anything particularly wrong with it factually.

Relatively speaking Lazza was the good guy here.

Its just when the facts are so in one person's favour, it can be a little tough to take.

Just now, jaysper said:

Oh did she? LOL!

To be fair, I don't think there was anything particularly wrong with it factually.

Relatively speaking Lazza was the good guy here.

Its just when the facts are so in one person's favour, it can be a little tough to take.

True. She cut her teeth on this and went on to make Zero Dark Thirty. 

7 hours ago, Flags said:

Need to have the "Fox Sports" package otherwise you will be Youtube VPN with an HDMI cable to your TV :)

Quite alright the Queensland premier didn't let us fly anyway..... 

5 hours ago, Jethrow said:

image.png.9c2d4bb3254beed09142ed7792712056.png       :P

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

7 hours ago, 45Roller said:

for ETNZ there are a couple out there, this one covers the beginning back in 86/7 right up to today

Exactly what I was after - thanks! 

4 hours ago, wildcardnz said:

Exactly what I was after - thanks! 

No worries mate, as others have noted, the Wind Gods documentary was produced by Skydance, owned by David Ellison, so it's painfully biased, but there aren't any other documentaries out there that cover the run up to the 33rd cup in any detail, so we're stuck with it 

On 3/8/2021 at 11:55 AM, animeproblem said:

Just took a look at the Comcast guide for tomorrow night, I do believe I'll be back on the Youtube/VPN system, NBCSN showing delayed coverage, likely with ads shoved in piggly wiggly.

My NBCSN (on sling) show it starting at 8:30 tonight the 9th which is 4:30 NZ the 10th. I believe that is live. In some of the past shows, they have kept showing the racing past the 2 hr mark because of race delays.

I give NBCSN a C+ mark only because of the commercials and some bad commentating and they have both boats talking at the same time. Sometimes it's hard to tell which boat is talking.

1 minute ago, Meat Wad said:

My NBCSN (on sling) show it starting at 8:30 tonight the 9th which is 4:30 NZ the 10th. I believe that is live. In some of the past shows, they have kept showing the racing past the 2 hr mark because of race delays.

I give NBCSN a C+ mark only because of the commercials and some bad commentating and they have both boats talking at the same time. Sometimes it's hard to tell which boat is talking.

Surprised they are not using the commentators with the feed.

7 minutes ago, Meat Wad said:

I think you are a bit off on your time zone figuring, 16:00 in NZL works out to 19:00 (the prior evening) PST.

Of course it's all change this weekend (fuck I hate DLST).

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, animeproblem said:

I think you are a bit off on your time zone figuring, 16:00 in NZL works out to 19:00 (the prior evening) PST.

Yes, after this weekend it will be 3 hours, because we loose 1 hr. But for now it is 4.

In the past when I have called the Blokart HQ and talked to the guys I made a point to see exactly what day and time it was over there. I think I called around 1pm and it was 9am the next day in NZ.

And YES I hate DST too. I have asked My local wacky Calif rep (I never voted for) to propose a bill to stay on DST instead of switching twice a year because it is too hard on our pets. I figured their feeding times were a soft spot for the Wacky Calif Dems. But they like telling us when and what to do. I know Arizona our neighbor does not change times.

41 minutes ago, animeproblem said:

Regular NBCSN has it at 2330 EST, which would be delayed.

NBCSN Gold Pass has it live at 2200 EST. First start scheduled at 2215 EST.

On 2/2/2021 at 7:45 AM, Flags said:

Simple solution is to VPN. But maybe you are not familiar with this? You could download "EPIC" browser and once installed, click the little icon on the right of the toolbar end of red arrow in first image.

Select ON and France. (see second image)

Then go to youtube. don't log in if you have a google account.

Search "Americas Cup"

Select video you want to watch.

Other browsers eg: Firefox also have this functionality.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Just for help if anyone needs it

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Flags said:

Just for help if anyone needs it

Thanks for posting again mate, I'm sure we'll have a few queries on vpns etc :)

^^^You're on the wrong side of it Meaty Boy, stay on ST, okay I'm a little biased on this matter, it's been construction for my entire working life & in my experience construction workers will trample women & children to get off early, ignoring of course the start of the day stumbling around in the fucking dark!

And of course those get off early types always argue about "beating the traffic" & since I won't take a job I can't access by public transportation I don't give to two fucks about it, I'm happily reading a book sitting on a bus.

I have a different GUI today on SAAC, anyone else? 

Normally when I clicked the blue star next to the Topic, it would take me to my last-read post. Now it takes me to the very first post of that topic?? 

111C1C04-E5A3-42CC-8B7E-676E4E06D60A.thumb.jpeg.eff5b816decc21570f2fd6277175c62a.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

I have a different GUI today on SAAC, anyone else? 

Normally when I clicked the blue star next to the Topic, it would take me to my last-read post. Now it takes me to the very first post of that topic?? 

111C1C04-E5A3-42CC-8B7E-676E4E06D60A.thumb.jpeg.eff5b816decc21570f2fd6277175c62a.jpeg

Yeah mate, the forums got an upgrade today, looks sweet, I like the sidebar on each thread giving you the stats (when viewing on a desktop browser)

edit: attached a snip for info..

sidebar.PNG

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 45Roller said:

Yeah mate, the forums got an upgrade today, looks sweet, I like the sidebar on each thread giving you the stats (when viewing on a desktop browser)

Okay, thanks for verifying that it got an ‘upgrade.’ But on an iPhone, it just doesn’t work for me now, I have to click on the latest response and then scroll up the posts to where I think I left off, it’s pretty bad :) 

yeah the forums were offline for a while earlier, I was thinking FFS of all the days... pinged Ed an email, and he replied saying he was upgrading, they were back online probably 5 minutes later

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Okay, thanks for verifying that it got an ‘upgrade.’ But on an iPhone, it just doesn’t work for me now, I have to click on the latest response and then scroll up the posts to where I think I left off, it’s pretty bad :) 

Get into any thread, move to the very bottom of the page. On the right hand side there is link to the " Next unread topic>". That should take you to where you last reached.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, mauriciogfj said:

Get into any thread, move to the very bottom of the page. On the right hand side there is link to the " Next unread topic>". That should take you to where you last reached.

Perfect, that works and helps! Thnx