10 minutes ago, Not for nothing said:

With the pending civil war  , what boat would you buy and where would you go?

say under 200K, 

presently on the flooded east coast of Fl.

Something like this: https://www.yachtsforsalewest.com/buy-a-yacht/detail/260027/1980-nordic-cruising-sailboat-44/

Leaves you $100K to fix stuff.

Go now before they close the borders to USAnians.

• Like 1

Buy something for 50, outfit it with another 50.  And then Stash the remaining 100k  in the bilge so you have some traveling money.

The downside is that if you leave the state,  might be a while before you could legally set foot in another country for a long time.   Or another state for that matter.

If you are concerned for your safety, it seems tI me you would be better off buying a chunk of land in the   wilderness and building an annoying to penetrate perimeter. 
Put up a large solar array and create as self sufficient a farm as you can establish. 

• Downvote 1
6 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

this one

large_2683458.jpg

Not as pretty, but possibly better fur the task at hand,  Packer's Arctic P.

For those (non Aussies) who don't recognise the name try a google. Kerry Packer was always a function over form man.

11 hours ago, Not for nothing said:

say under 200K, 

during a war, you  pick the boat you want from the enemy and take it..............

• Like 3
1 hour ago, dacapo said:

I've read stories of how people scuttled their owe boats so they wouldn't be taken, only to refloat them after the war

A guy in the FL Keys used to scuttle his old trawler at his house. Once a month, he would pump it out and float it, heat gun the engine to get the wax to melt out of the cylinders and go do midnight drug runs when there was no moon.

He got busted and the boat is probably still in the bottom waiting for the next job

1 hour ago, Not for nothing said:

I was thinking more like the yacht I sailed on in the tropical waters of the Gulf of Tonkin

USS Lyman K. Swenson - Wikipedia

I don't think that one is still available. Looks like a FRAM 1 or 2 (Gearing) class? The last one I know of, given to Pakistan's navy, was taken out of service and probably melted down for razor blades, about 15 years ago.

FB- Doug

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

I don't think that one is still available. Looks like a FRAM 1 or 2 (Gearing) class? The last one I know of, given to Pakistan's navy, was taken out of service and probably melted down for razor blades, about 15 years ago.

FB- Doug

Sumner class Fram 1 or 2, went to To Taiwan 6 May 1974 and cannibalized for spare parts

17 hours ago, Not for nothing said:

say under 200K, 

An unbeatable J29