Jump to content

Mail Jumpers


Recommended Posts

WTF ?

 

The utter mouth dropping stuff that posters find just blows me away.  

What Insurance Company handles this?

No way in hell would anybody be allowed to pull this crap on my dock.  

I thought this would be some weird old tradition from Norway or Denmark......BUT NO.... WisconSIN! USA. 

What is the story behind this abomination..... Please do not tell me this is United States Post Office..... Got to be some sort of monied mid west private lake that we never heard of....please, please, please not the bankrupt US Post Office. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_jumping

 

I KNEW THE United States POST OFFICE WAS INVOLVED!!!      Lake Geneva...hmmmm who do we all know on that Lake?  

 

Do they deliver Amazon....that is up to 70lbs that a regular Mail Carrier will deliver? 

I can see doing this if it was UBER Eats or the new UBER Drinks (Beer and Liquor).  But jumping so some rich prick gets his Penny Saver advertisements?   There is no big tip for delivering the Penny Saver!!!    A good bottle of Scotch and six Steak diners delivered to a rich prick... I mean a monied Gentleman might earn solid investable capital.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kent H said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_jumping

 

I KNEW THE United States POST OFFICE WAS INVOLVED!!!      Lake Geneva...hmmmm who do we all know on that Lake?  

 

Do they deliver Amazon....that is up to 70lbs that a regular Mail Carrier will deliver? 

I can see doing this if it was UBER Eats or the new UBER Drinks (Beer and Liquor).  But jumping so some rich prick gets his Penny Saver advertisements?   There is no big tip for delivering the Penny Saver!!!    A good bottle of Scotch and six Steak diners delivered to a rich prick... I mean a monied Gentleman might earn solid investable capital.  

Wow, why so bitter, Kent? You do realize the jumpers are seeking and competing for this fun sounding summer job don't you.

Have a cup of tea and do some breathing exercises.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

This has been going on for decades. A coveted job that the local TV stations dutifully cover every Summer. There are even segments when the reporters themselves try to do it.

But the most coveted job of all is being  a Hot Dogger, driving one of the Oscar Mayer wienermobiles.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kent H said:

WTF ?

 

The utter mouth dropping stuff that posters find just blows me away.  

What Insurance Company handles this?

No way in hell would anybody be allowed to pull this crap on my dock.  

I thought this would be some weird old tradition from Norway or Denmark......BUT NO.... WisconSIN! USA. 

What is the story behind this abomination..... Please do not tell me this is United States Post Office..... Got to be some sort of monied mid west private lake that we never heard of....please, please, please not the bankrupt US Post Office. 

i saw a similar story on a travel show, except it was on some pacific islands or even NZ

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Willin' said:

Wow, why so bitter, Kent? You do realize the jumpers are seeking and competing for this fun sounding summer job don't you.

Have a cup of tea and do some breathing exercises.

You are absolutely right.  I substituted coffee for Tea and took a very deep breath.   

Ok

ok...... OMFG of all the insane liability inducing messes of all time....

Where is Mr. Clean when you need an Attorney’s opinion who knows a thing or two about liability.    

Where is that guy from Farmers Insurance... the one that knows a thing or two about insurance because they have seen a thing or two.  

Tour Boat Operator ( Duck Boat sinking, tour boat capsized messes)  as a Contractor for USPS.....  I see nothing to be worried about here....   Not my dock, not my daughter.....

USPS ..... Not bitter....very greatful for their willingness to take on 160 Billion Dollars in debt while delivering packages....Previously dealt with them frequently.....not very happy employees but as long as they do not “Go Postal” around me we can coexist. 

On the other hand....( the evil one)...I can see how putting a light coat of clear grease on the dock could provide daily entertainment for those into that sort of thing...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, warbird said:

Goose shit and rain can make a slippery landing.

 

And a nasty blood infection if you get scraped up with goose shit!  One of our mates slipped on goose shit hauling his Aquasport at the town dock, scraping his leg on the concrete landing.  His GF told him to immediately go home, and deep clean with alcohol, peroxide or bleach.  He ignored her advice and was in the Emergency Room the next day hooked up to two different antibiotic IV drips...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Innocent Bystander said:

I'm with WIllin'.  Some of you guys need to stop sailing and get seat belts for your Barco Loungers so you are safe from injuries while browsing the internet.  

Tits  next door called PA for duh no longer sailors. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

all fun and games until Sally misses and smacks the boat side hard and the inflatable PFD fails to inflate.

Dear Mrs Sally's mom.  Sorry about your loss.   We will be having tryouts next week if you have any other kids who would like to come on out...

 

I would think they would wear water skier pfds to ensure the runner floats should they miss the boat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Foreverslow said:

I would think they would wear water skier pfds to ensure the runner floats should they miss the boat.

 

That, and even upgrade it to a Dave Letterman Velcro (r) suit.  Recovery will be all but guaranteed so long as the boat's still there.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, warbird said:

No matter how hard you push the envelope. it will always be stationary...:ph34r:

Gets my stamp of approval!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...