Sign in to follow this  
B dock

Moore sailboats Liquidating?

I'm doubtful until we hear it from the horse's mouth.  Ron Moore knows how to spell and write in complete sentences.

Smells like BS.  If it were legit, I'd expect photos of the production floor, tooling, etc.  Not a couple of rando Moore 24s

Plus, as said above, Ron knows how to spell.  and is a get-the-details-right kinda guy.

2 minutes ago, sledracr said:

Smells like BS.  If it were legit, I'd expect photos of the production floor, tooling, etc.  Not a couple of rando Moore 24s

Plus, as said above, Ron knows how to spell.  and is a get-the-details-right kinda guy.

Not rando.  Grendel (technically not a Moore 24 I suppose) and Gannet. Neither for sale.

But I suspect BS too.  I'd guess Ron can mostly spell, and doubt he'd start with a Craigslist listing to part out the business 

I don’t think even a “small” manufacturing shop with expensive tooling, equipment and property really would rely on a a 5-6 line Craigslist listing to sell everything off. Could be wrong. But just the real estate must be worth a chunk of change that is worth professional marketing. 

Moore-33-Stbd-Fwd-Low_trans2-300x198.png

Well, we finally got the story on the Moore situation from Blaine Rorick from Moore Sailboats, Inc., and it adds some clarity and insight to our Craigslist story.  We apologize for not getting all the facts ahead of time.

Moore Sailboats is not for sale. Moore Sailboats, Inc., a different entity building the Moore 33, is neither for sale nor in trouble.

The ad was misguidedly placed by a friend of Ron Moore’s after a dinner conversation during which Ron, discussed the possibility of retiring one day and all that might mean. Ron did not authorize his friend to place this ad.

A business of this caliber and reputation would not resort to a spur-of-the-moment Craigslist ad that contains numerous spelling and punctuation errors, one that includes random unidentified images,  indicates the wrong location, and would certainly not get the name of the company wrong.

It does appear that the owner of the Watsonville property might not renew the lease. In anticipation of this, the company has initiated plans to move production to SoCal. We were going to announce this when the details were finalized.

Plans for the new Moore 33 are proceeding well. Location issues will not affect the production schedule and we remain on track to have the first two hulls launched in the spring of 2021. Ron Moore is the Vice President of Moore Sailboats, Inc., and will be a vital part of the Moore 33’s success.

Wow Trump must have placed the ad, thats real fake news. Glad to hear that Moore is still around

18 hours ago, some dude said:

Not rando.  Grendel... and Gannet

Yeah, not random boats.  I guess I meant "random photos", like, anyone could find in a random search for "moore sailboats"

Both of those photos pop up really quickly

moore sailboats - Google Search

• Like 1

When SA goes up for sale, or at least talk (over tacos) about Scot retiring, we all know that @Snaggletooth will be retained to draft up the Craigslist Advert.

• Like 4