Mysterious monolith found in Utah desert

On 11/24/2020 at 3:58 AM, Zonker said:

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/utah-monolith-art-trnd/index.html

Let's just hope its an art installation. If its aliens they have to wait until Jan until they say "take me to your head honcho"

Well, lessee:

1. It isn't a solid, one-piece construction

2. It isn't stone.

Ergo, it's not a monolith.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, bplipschitz said:

Well, lessee:

2. It isn't stone.

what do you call 1 lith ???

4 hours ago, bplipschitz said:

Well, lessee:

2. It isn't stone.

yeah it's a stainless steel box held together with pop-rivets.. 

I was hoping they'd find DB Cooper inside...

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Zonker said:

Really, pop rivets? That's pretty cheesy. At least weld it and grind and polish the welds smooth so it's more mysterious.

Lazy artist or whoever.

Aliens thet our notte as technicalley advansted as us?                                        :)

• Like 1

likely the future of communications / message boards

after the governments have all run their course

basically ya just piss on it

you can shit by it But you Must face North

Thank god they haven't found the 12' tall cast salt penis I put out there in 1986.....

Too bad the folks with expensive helicopters, off road vehicles and expensive drones couldn't have figured this out faster than Sailing Anarchy.

That being said - one of my most memorable discussions with Capitan - )who has done 1 - 1/2 laps and is one of the smartest people I know) asked me a couple of years ago why I was asking "sailing anarchy" for help with a technical question, my reply was "Capitan, SA, and sailors in general, are independent, self reliant, problem solvers that follow the code of the sea: help other mariners".

Now I am sitting in Mazatlan on his Swan 47 diagnosing the voltage differential between the house bank and starting battery. I'll be checking the specific gravity in the morning after the Phoenix 12/50 charger does its wizardry overnight.

"He was like, 'Whoa, whoa, whoa, turn around, turn around!' And I was like, 'What.' And he's like, 'There's this thing back there -- we've got to go look at it!'"

That's like, some erudite yammerin' right there.

type utah mysterious monolith into google maps.. someone's already pinned it.

10 minutes ago, bmiller said:

Help me out here, the link just takes me back to the last place I was looking at. I'd like to go check it out, anywhere red rocky in Utah is of interest to me. 

edit: apparently google has removed the pin. 

14 minutes ago, Bump-n-Grind said:

Well hell, I've been right by there, last time was a year or so ago. By the time I get back it will have been overrun and trashed. 

4 minutes ago, bmiller said:

Well hell, I've been right by there, last time was a year or so ago. By the time I get back it will have been overrun and trashed. 

or painted up with graffiti..

3 hours ago, ancientseawolf said:

-lith

a combining form meaning “stone” (megalith), “stone tool” ( microlith), “mass of rock” (batholith; laccolith), “calcareous concretion, calculus” ( otolith; urolith).

so a lil-lith would be a very small rock?

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Caca Cabeza said:

Too bad the folks with expensive helicopters, off road vehicles and expensive drones couldn't have figured this out faster than Sailing Anarchy.

That being said - one of my most memorable discussions with Capitan - )who has done 1 - 1/2 laps and is one of the smartest people I know) asked me a couple of years ago why I was asking "sailing anarchy" for help with a technical question, my reply was "Capitan, SA, and sailors in general, are independent, self reliant, problem solvers that follow the code of the sea: help other mariners".

Now I am sitting in Mazatlan on his Swan 47 diagnosing the voltage differential between the house bank and starting battery. I'll be checking the specific gravity in the morning after the Phoenix 12/50 charger does its wizardry overnight.

Not everyone with a Helicopter from here Buzzes around there

it's a logistical thingie

point out something in SoCal ..... Coast to Mountains (west desert)

Preferably w large Breasted Cougars and a spot to land

34 minutes ago, d'ranger said:
3 hours ago, ancientseawolf said:

-lith

a combining form meaning “stone” (megalith), “stone tool” ( microlith), “mass of rock” (batholith; laccolith), “calcareous concretion, calculus” ( otolith; urolith).

so a lil-lith would be a very small rock?

I woudentte saye that.........                :)

Lilith-Sternin-Cropped.jpg

30 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Notte till I wached the vidio, that dose add to the mysterey.....................                  :)

In the first photos posted by the helicopter guys you can see the top...barely. A later longer version of their video shows the three sides as they walk around it.

Makes it more interesting that a square post.

Message inside?

11 minutes ago, familysailor said:

In the first photos posted by the helicopter guys you can see the top...barely. A later longer version of their video shows the three sides as they walk around it.

Message inside?

Maybe it's used for sharpening razor blades.

On 11/26/2020 at 8:20 PM, familysailor said:

Message inside?

A triangle is also easier to haul.  Three same sized panels and a top/bottom piece.  A rectangle would have a lot more pieces.

1 hour ago, peragrin said:

A triangle is also easier to haul.  Three same sized panels and a top/bottom piece.  A rectangle would have a lot more pieces.

If it was tapered to the top, pyramid like, no top piece needed. 

Amateurs 

On 11/25/2020 at 10:48 AM, Zonker said:

Really, pop rivets? That's pretty cheesy. At least weld it and grind and polish the welds smooth so it's more mysterious.

Lazy artist or whoever.

Maybe it was 3D printed and popped from the inside out....

Jimmy Hoffa's headstone?

it'll probably turn up on eBay or craigslist

I'm guessing it will mysteriously show up someplace else.

And then disappear and show up again in some other place.

That's one brilliant artist. The whole world is talking about their work. It's become a global event.

Bravo ! WFD.

3 minutes ago, Pipe Dream said:
On 11/26/2020 at 7:52 AM, Snaggletooth said:

Nowe wearre thickeng!                    :)

Was it delivered to site by Harley or Corvette? Maybe a flock of Swans took it there piece by piece??? :):P

Swanee coude of paide the 'loude pipe" gangue to staye farr frome hisse house and droppe it theire.  He ist sneakey that waye.........                 :)

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Pipe Dream said:

Was it delivered to site by Harley or Corvette? Maybe a flock of Swans took it there piece by piece??? :):P

Ridgeline

On 11/29/2020 at 8:02 AM, Not for nothing said:

Mysterious Metal Monolith In Utah Desert Suddenly Vanishes

My guess is government officials feared another cult following and pulled it.  It's pretty clear there are way too many of those types roaming the country.

On 11/29/2020 at 2:23 PM, SloopJonB said:

Nope - then it would be all squared off.

Ted Turner to Britt Chance, RE: America's Cup,12 Meter, "Mariner":

"Hell Britt, even a turd is pointed on both ends!"

Britt had an office in the local Dauntless Shipyard*, decades ago...  Nice guy, when I met him.  

* Now a Corporate owned "Safe Harbors" conglomerate Marina, and last I heard Ted's and DC's former crewman, Rives Potts was in charge of all of them, working from their Texas offices....

• Like 1

Monolith appears in Romania

https://www.vice.com/en/article/v7mb84/mysterious-monolith-update-new-mysterious-monolith-appears-in-romania

Now if somebody had been clever, they should have measured it. People are lazy. I bet the Utah one was built in even increments of inches.

I'll bet the Romanian one is in even increments of mm. (like 2500mm high x 500 w etc).

If you really want to mess with people you pick measurements that are not even in either system :)

1 minute ago, Zonker said:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/v7mb84/mysterious-monolith-update-new-mysterious-monolith-appears-in-romania

Now if somebody had been clever, they should have measured it. People are lazy. I bet the Utah one was built in even increments of inches.

I'll bet the Romanian one is in even increments of mm. (like 2500mm high x 500 w etc).

If you really want to mess with people you pick measurements that are not even in either system :)

Now if it was built in cubits...

On 11/29/2020 at 11:56 AM, Dorado said:

I'm guessing it will mysteriously show up someplace else.

And then disappear and show up again in some other place.

That's one brilliant artist. The whole world is talking about their work. It's become a global event.

Bravo ! WFD.

DOH !

1 hour ago, Zonker said:

And release them in periods of metric time

download.png

2 hours ago, Jules said:
2 hours ago, Zonker said:

Now if it was built in cubits...

Or cunthairs.

Stanleyincrements.jpg.c99a86c9ea849ee5f54cc4362ca1a491.jpg