Jump to content

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, AnotherSailor said:

Are they cunts or dicks?

 

Asking for a friend.

A bag of dicks, tiny little dicks!

If you watch all 29 listed races it's only $6/race or about $15/hour with 25 min races...

 

 

Someone drank the cool-aid at a pitch meeting!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Still trying to digest the statistics, what if it is a blow out and I don't want to watch more than a couple of races, cost/race goes up substantially.  I am counting (or is that cunting) on a cunning work around of some kind.  Pretty fucking stupid, maybe the De Vos Amway pyramid butt fuckery people will cough up some of their hard earned (just fucking kidding) cash to help us plebeians out, oh, wait, they don't give a shit about the unwashed masses, do they.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Captain Bastard said:

Sounds like a great MS Teams event with live commentary. Also, I bet the AC sponsors are thrilled that the largest consumer market in the world will have trouble tuning in....brilliant. I would love to see the pitch deck on that shit idea.

Forget the pitch deck, I want to go to the party where the deal was done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zenmasterfred said:

Still trying to digest the statistics, what if it is a blow out and I don't want to watch more than a couple of races, cost/race goes up substantially.  I am counting (or is that cunting) on a cunning work around of some kind.  Pretty fucking stupid, maybe the De Vos Amway pyramid butt fuckery people will cough up some of their hard earned (just fucking kidding) cash to help us plebeians out, oh, wait, they don't give a shit about the unwashed masses, do they.

Of course they do - without the unwashed, who would they have to fleece?

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is imperative that all must be included in the ability to view the America's Cup LIVE. It makes me sick that a Media Giant such as NBC is charging to view this internationally popular sport. Talk about exclusion....you can only watch a rich person's sport if you pay for it!  Where is the Inclusion and Diversity Promotion ?  This is Shocking and Offensive!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

The AC has been bullshit ever since Conner's cat went up against that dickless Kiwi monster.

Why would anyone even want to watch it?

Maybe if Canada ever put forth a decent challenge, you’d understand. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaaaarrrgg I can‘t tell how sick I am from all this profit driven suckers. Honestly those guys do not understand how serve customers, how to be positive noticed. They decide to fail fast!

Fortunately I not live in the USA. But if so, I just wouldn’t pay. I just wouldn’t give one Minute to NBC. Either I decide to watch an event sponsored by brands and see their names all over the place (already the case wit the AC), or it‘s free of sponsoring but then I have to pay. But if both is happening I am out. Dear profit tigers, eat your money and suffocate on it.

If you pay, you accept their rules. If not, there is a chance they will understand and it not happens again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That just so pisses me off!  I just spent most of the day watching the PTO (Professional Triathlon Organization) Daytona Championship for free!  Over 1 million in payout equally for the boys and gals.  Exciting racing and format, good announcers, the works.  But for the "America's Cup" if I want to watch, I have to pay NBC?  Fck that!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck NBC.  Last time around, we literally had streaming links posted on a daily basis ahead of the races.  This merely drives the same thing.  This costs MORE to watch than the NFL, which frankly is infinitely more desirable to watch than boats bobbing around a racecourse.  Especially since after the first couple races there's a 90% chance we'll know the outcome.

Fuck NBC.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was under the impression that it would be free in the "local" markets just like Monday/Thursday night football when you need to have a paid tv service to watch it and they are broadcast on the local NBC/CBS/FOX stations. Oh well, YouTube and a VPN will resolve that real quick.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RImike said:

I was under the impression that it would be free in the "local" markets just like Monday/Thursday night football when you need to have a paid tv service to watch it and they are broadcast on the local NBC/CBS/FOX stations. Oh well, YouTube and a VPN will resolve that real quick.  

That's not true anymore.  The games on ESPN are no longer broadcast in the local market this year.  They have a streaming app, but maybe it works and maybe it doesn't.  And the app will only work on a phone if the screen is small enough.  Tablets, laptops, casting to a TV screen: all banned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xyzzy said:

That's not true anymore.  The games on ESPN are no longer broadcast in the local market this year.  They have a streaming app, but maybe it works and maybe it doesn't.  And the app will only work on a phone if the screen is small enough.  Tablets, laptops, casting to a TV screen: all banned.

This is correct. I cut cable tv this year and installed an antenna. I can’t watch the 49ers tonight because it’s exclusively on espn. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, IMR said:

This is correct. I cut cable tv this year and installed an antenna. I can’t watch the 49ers tonight because it’s exclusively on espn. 

Good to know, I was considering getting an Antenna to watch local channels as I don't have cable and stream everything through Kodi and a VPN. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, robalex117 said:

Seems like with a cable subscription you can stream for no extra payment on nbcsport.com.  For the extra money you get the gold package that is live and move features.

 

 

NBC_Viewing_Guide_v6.pdf

Do I understand the two "levels" correctly, but is the gold live and the standard on a tape delay?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I interpret that to mean they will show the races tape delayed on NBCSN, which most TV “cable” sports subscriptions include. Races shown late at night, so I will just record them and watch the next morning, but have to avoid reading AC forum each evening!

Link to post
Share on other sites

it is your own fault.

Here you knuckleheads have been jawing away for years about super AC this and spectacular AC that.

 

In the new reality the world has morphed into, large woke corporations are destroying themselves listening to the bunk of the most vocal zealots.

They think the 27 of you posters are representative the entire US population for the demand in America of which they control the supply in the US.

They drank the koolaid from Larry selling them on the Oracle licensing business model  (Use $$$ pricing to denote quality and if the customers dare complain, you increase the price to show who is boss).

 

Like other woke corporations, NBC will fail.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot figure out where to get the races here in Canada. I would gladly pay the fee listed to have access but NBCSN is not available here. If anyone knows the facts around the streaming options like youtube, I would appreciate knowing. 

Some research says you should get a VPN to access the feed from the source but I don't know how that works either. Do you need to get a VPN from that part of the world? If I run it from my smart tv I don't think I can record it on my dvr so will it be podcast?

If any of you have the answers, please let us know. 

Thanks, Dan

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, danstanford said:

I cannot figure out where to get the races here in Canada. I would gladly pay the fee listed to have access but NBCSN is not available here. If anyone knows the facts around the streaming options like youtube, I would appreciate knowing. 

Some research says you should get a VPN to access the feed from the source but I don't know how that works either. Do you need to get a VPN from that part of the world? If I run it from my smart tv I don't think I can record it on my dvr so will it be podcast?

If any of you have the answers, please let us know. 

Thanks, Dan

36th America's Cup presented by PRADA

Link to video options. They say all races will be live streamed to YouTube but frankly that doesn't make sense to me considering the fees listed above for NBCSN. If I were NBC and paying for rights I wouldn't be happy the content was also available for free on demand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, danstanford said:

I cannot figure out where to get the races here in Canada. I would gladly pay the fee listed to have access but NBCSN is not available here. If anyone knows the facts around the streaming options like youtube, I would appreciate knowing. 

Some research says you should get a VPN to access the feed from the source but I don't know how that works either. Do you need to get a VPN from that part of the world? If I run it from my smart tv I don't think I can record it on my dvr so will it be podcast?

If any of you have the answers, please let us know. 

Thanks, Dan

Dan, when you set up a VPN, you get to choose the data exit point.  Popular VPN's like Nord, Express, and others have servers in many many countries.  Now, setting them up on your computer is fairly trivial.  Setting them up on a smart TV will completely depend on whether the VPN supports your TV and your TV supports that VPN.  You BEST bet is to set it up on your computer, and then hook your computer to your TV via an HDMI to watch it.

If history is any judge, kind people here have recorded the stream and posted google or mega upload links to the videos so that folks from the US can watch them.  Of course, that is illegal.  But so, technically, is using a  VPN to circumvent location restrictions on content.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

 

On 12/11/2020 at 5:11 AM, danstanford said:

I cannot figure out where to get the races here in Canada. I would gladly pay the fee listed to have access but NBCSN is not available here. If anyone knows the facts around the streaming options like youtube, I would appreciate knowing. 

Some research says you should get a VPN to access the feed from the source but I don't know how that works either. Do you need to get a VPN from that part of the world? If I run it from my smart tv I don't think I can record it on my dvr so will it be podcast?

If any of you have the answers, please let us know. 

Thanks, Dan

You should be able to stream them direct from the AC's website direct without any geo restriction. I set my VPN to Toronto and it worked effortlessly and cost me nothing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RImike said:

 

You should be able to stream them direct from the AC's website direct without any geo restriction. I set my VPN to Toronto and it worked effortlessly and cost me nothing. 

Thanks Mike, I will set up the VPN if I need it. So far all the races have come up on YouTube right away. Not sure if it is live but when I get up in the morning it has been there. 

Dan 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...