penumbra

NBC are cunts

Last time was a fun game of trying to watch, haven’t even looked into yet. The great and the good here will have every option figured out in time. 

• Like 1

ain't youtube streaming this shit live for free in the un-united statez of 'merkkka?? 

1 hour ago, AnotherSailor said:

Are they cunts or dicks?

Asking for a friend.

Yes.

You can slide the dollar under the door.

10 hours ago, zenmasterfred said:

Cunts w/ dicks me thinks.

Somebody else can google that.

13 hours ago, AnotherSailor said:

Are they cunts or dicks?

Asking for a friend.

A bag of dicks, tiny little dicks!

If you watch all 29 listed races it's only $6/race or about $15/hour with 25 min races...

Someone drank the cool-aid at a pitch meeting!

Haven't watched the AC for many, many years, and don't plan on watching the next one.  Sure as hell would not pay to watch.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, AnotherSailor said:

Are they cunts or dicks?

Asking for a friend.

You got your dicks, your pussies and your assholes... They are all three.

Because you're a cunt of course.

20 hours ago, AnotherSailor said:

Are they cunts or dicks?

Asking for a friend.

They are dicks and cunts.

That way they can go fuck themselves.

NBC? Who watches stuff on NBC? 
I watch stuff in the internet.

Hope to watch the next AC in person like I did San Francisco.

If not I will use the internet.

Sounds like a great MS Teams event with live commentary. Also, I bet the AC sponsors are thrilled that the largest consumer market in the world will have trouble tuning in....brilliant. I would love to see the pitch deck on that shit idea.

There is no Diversity , Equity or Inclusion ...how dare the networks (Media) request a fee from the USA Market to watch such a exclusive and owner self absorbed Yacht Race? This is SHOCKING! 

Still trying to digest the statistics, what if it is a blow out and I don't want to watch more than a couple of races, cost/race goes up substantially.  I am counting (or is that cunting) on a cunning work around of some kind.  Pretty fucking stupid, maybe the De Vos Amway pyramid butt fuckery people will cough up some of their hard earned (just fucking kidding) cash to help us plebeians out, oh, wait, they don't give a shit about the unwashed masses, do they.

11 minutes ago, Captain Bastard said:

Sounds like a great MS Teams event with live commentary. Also, I bet the AC sponsors are thrilled that the largest consumer market in the world will have trouble tuning in....brilliant. I would love to see the pitch deck on that shit idea.

Forget the pitch deck, I want to go to the party where the deal was done.

1 hour ago, zenmasterfred said:

Still trying to digest the statistics, what if it is a blow out and I don't want to watch more than a couple of races, cost/race goes up substantially.  I am counting (or is that cunting) on a cunning work around of some kind.  Pretty fucking stupid, maybe the De Vos Amway pyramid butt fuckery people will cough up some of their hard earned (just fucking kidding) cash to help us plebeians out, oh, wait, they don't give a shit about the unwashed masses, do they.

Of course they do - without the unwashed, who would they have to fleece?

It is imperative that all must be included in the ability to view the America's Cup LIVE. It makes me sick that a Media Giant such as NBC is charging to view this internationally popular sport. Talk about exclusion....you can only watch a rich person's sport if you pay for it!  Where is the Inclusion and Diversity Promotion ?  This is Shocking and Offensive!  

The AC has been bullshit ever since Conner's cat went up against that dickless Kiwi monster.

Why would anyone even want to watch it?

• Like 1

If I play my cards right, $ 175 will get me one or two cunts, and that be orders of magnitude more fun than the Scalextric America's Cup.

I thought it was streaming on YouTube?? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

The AC has been bullshit ever since Conner's cat went up against that dickless Kiwi monster.

Why would anyone even want to watch it?

Maybe if Canada ever put forth a decent challenge, you’d understand. 

Aaaaarrrgg I can‘t tell how sick I am from all this profit driven suckers. Honestly those guys do not understand how serve customers, how to be positive noticed. They decide to fail fast!

Fortunately I not live in the USA. But if so, I just wouldn’t pay. I just wouldn’t give one Minute to NBC. Either I decide to watch an event sponsored by brands and see their names all over the place (already the case wit the AC), or it‘s free of sponsoring but then I have to pay. But if both is happening I am out. Dear profit tigers, eat your money and suffocate on it.

If you pay, you accept their rules. If not, there is a chance they will understand and it not happens again.

That just so pisses me off!  I just spent most of the day watching the PTO (Professional Triathlon Organization) Daytona Championship for free!  Over 1 million in payout equally for the boys and gals.  Exciting racing and format, good announcers, the works.  But for the "America's Cup" if I want to watch, I have to pay NBC?  Fck that!

Fuck NBC.  Last time around, we literally had streaming links posted on a daily basis ahead of the races.  This merely drives the same thing.  This costs MORE to watch than the NFL, which frankly is infinitely more desirable to watch than boats bobbing around a racecourse.  Especially since after the first couple races there's a 90% chance we'll know the outcome.

Fuck NBC.

I was under the impression that it would be free in the "local" markets just like Monday/Thursday night football when you need to have a paid tv service to watch it and they are broadcast on the local NBC/CBS/FOX stations. Oh well, YouTube and a VPN will resolve that real quick.  

10 hours ago, RImike said:

I was under the impression that it would be free in the "local" markets just like Monday/Thursday night football when you need to have a paid tv service to watch it and they are broadcast on the local NBC/CBS/FOX stations. Oh well, YouTube and a VPN will resolve that real quick.  

That's not true anymore.  The games on ESPN are no longer broadcast in the local market this year.  They have a streaming app, but maybe it works and maybe it doesn't.  And the app will only work on a phone if the screen is small enough.  Tablets, laptops, casting to a TV screen: all banned.

2 hours ago, xyzzy said:

That's not true anymore.  The games on ESPN are no longer broadcast in the local market this year.  They have a streaming app, but maybe it works and maybe it doesn't.  And the app will only work on a phone if the screen is small enough.  Tablets, laptops, casting to a TV screen: all banned.

This is correct. I cut cable tv this year and installed an antenna. I can’t watch the 49ers tonight because it’s exclusively on espn. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IMR said:

This is correct. I cut cable tv this year and installed an antenna. I can’t watch the 49ers tonight because it’s exclusively on espn. 

Good to know, I was considering getting an Antenna to watch local channels as I don't have cable and stream everything through Kodi and a VPN. 

NBC may or may not be cunts, that’s not really the issue. The issue is that Dalton and the kiwis are bloody pus filled sheep cunts for not making certain the America’s cup is free to watch.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, robalex117 said:

Seems like with a cable subscription you can stream for no extra payment on nbcsport.com.  For the extra money you get the gold package that is live and move features.

NBC_Viewing_Guide_v6.pdf

Do I understand the two "levels" correctly, but is the gold live and the standard on a tape delay?

I interpret that to mean they will show the races tape delayed on NBCSN, which most TV “cable” sports subscriptions include. Races shown late at night, so I will just record them and watch the next morning, but have to avoid reading AC forum each evening!

it is your own fault.

Here you knuckleheads have been jawing away for years about super AC this and spectacular AC that.

In the new reality the world has morphed into, large woke corporations are destroying themselves listening to the bunk of the most vocal zealots.

They think the 27 of you posters are representative the entire US population for the demand in America of which they control the supply in the US.

They drank the koolaid from Larry selling them on the Oracle licensing business model  (Use $$$ pricing to denote quality and if the customers dare complain, you increase the price to show who is boss).

Like other woke corporations, NBC will fail.

I cannot figure out where to get the races here in Canada. I would gladly pay the fee listed to have access but NBCSN is not available here. If anyone knows the facts around the streaming options like youtube, I would appreciate knowing. 

Some research says you should get a VPN to access the feed from the source but I don't know how that works either. Do you need to get a VPN from that part of the world? If I run it from my smart tv I don't think I can record it on my dvr so will it be podcast?

If any of you have the answers, please let us know. 

Thanks, Dan

3 minutes ago, danstanford said:

I cannot figure out where to get the races here in Canada. I would gladly pay the fee listed to have access but NBCSN is not available here. If anyone knows the facts around the streaming options like youtube, I would appreciate knowing. 

Some research says you should get a VPN to access the feed from the source but I don't know how that works either. Do you need to get a VPN from that part of the world? If I run it from my smart tv I don't think I can record it on my dvr so will it be podcast?

Thanks, Dan

36th America's Cup presented by PRADA

Link to video options. They say all races will be live streamed to YouTube but frankly that doesn't make sense to me considering the fees listed above for NBCSN. If I were NBC and paying for rights I wouldn't be happy the content was also available for free on demand.

On 12/7/2020 at 8:03 AM, Grrr... said:Especially since after the first couple races there's a 90% chance we'll know the outcome.

Fuck NBC.

The 10% must have been San Francisco in...

5 hours ago, danstanford said:

Thanks, Dan

Dan, when you set up a VPN, you get to choose the data exit point.  Popular VPN's like Nord, Express, and others have servers in many many countries.  Now, setting them up on your computer is fairly trivial.  Setting them up on a smart TV will completely depend on whether the VPN supports your TV and your TV supports that VPN.  You BEST bet is to set it up on your computer, and then hook your computer to your TV via an HDMI to watch it.

If history is any judge, kind people here have recorded the stream and posted google or mega upload links to the videos so that folks from the US can watch them.  Of course, that is illegal.  But so, technically, is using a  VPN to circumvent location restrictions on content.

• Like 2

I stream with youtube TV. Caught some races o NBCSN and it didn't cost me a cent. 

On 12/11/2020 at 5:11 AM, danstanford said:

Thanks, Dan

You should be able to stream them direct from the AC's website direct without any geo restriction. I set my VPN to Toronto and it worked effortlessly and cost me nothing. 

3 hours ago, RImike said:

You should be able to stream them direct from the AC's website direct without any geo restriction. I set my VPN to Toronto and it worked effortlessly and cost me nothing. 

Thanks Mike, I will set up the VPN if I need it. So far all the races have come up on YouTube right away. Not sure if it is live but when I get up in the morning it has been there. 

Dan