Most weather/UV proof tape

I'm looking for tape to cover something that I won't get to fixing for months.

Even the most durable duct tape, like Sticky Ass, is a mess after a few months in the sun and weather.

What else should I try? White is best, tearable not important, cheap and easy to find would be great.

• Like 1

Don't know what width you need, but this is the stuff I use on deck for wrapping cotter pins, etc. Clean removal after years of exposure, but that's Canadian sunshine.

81Q94efvU0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

For more width, I use 3M 8979 (nuclear grade) tape. https://www.3mcanada.ca/3M/en_CA/company-ca/all-3m-products/~/3M-Performance-Plus-Duct-Tape-8979N-slate-blue-2-8-in-x-60-yd-72-mm-x-55-m-12-per-case

Iv'e had better luck with white duck tape than the gray stuff as far as UV exposure goes, and it cleans up fairly easy with acetone. 

also available in a groovy leopard print! 

image.jpeg.0e9c92269457ac48d7707d393890b70e.jpeg

• Like 1

FYI: I had a bad experience with the white tape used for shrink wrapping. It was applied to the cabin top of my boat to cover some removed windows and other holes - and left on there for about 1 1/2 months, outdoors. It was effective at covering the holes but when the tape was removed the adhesive separated and stayed behind leaving a terrible mess on the gelcoat. The adhesive was remove-able with a lot of work, extremely aggressive. The only thing that took it off was Bestine - rubber cement thinner.