Sign in to follow this  
Shortforbob

Run off election Georgia

Could someone please explain what this means?

I know it's for the Senate but I thought all positions were voted on in the big Nov election.

BTW, this is what Trump's dealing with. I could almost feel sorry for him.

Er Nah

qHfoc9cA_bigger.jpg

GEORGIA TRUMP SUPPORTERS: EVERYONE NEEDS TO REMEMBER TO WRITE-IN “DONALD TRUMP” FOR BOTH SENATE SEATS IN THE JANUARY RUN-OFF; ALL WRITE-IN VOTES FOR TRUMP WILL BE ADDED TO TRUMPS NOVEMBER VOTES FOR PRESIDENT!! WE NEED TO SUPPORT TRUMP NOW MORE THAN EVER!

2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Thanks Decapo but it's Ad blocked. C&P ?

"Georgia requires the winner get at least 50% of the vote. In this year's election, none of Georgia's candidates got that many votes.

Sen. Kelly Loeffler, the Republican incumbent, and Democratic challenger Raphael Warnock are set to face off again, as are for Sen. David Perdue, the Republican incumbent, and Democratic challenger Jon Ossoff in their race."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

You can't turn off your ad blocker?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dacapo said:

"Georgia requires the winner get at least 50% of the vote. In this year's election, none of Georgia's candidates got that many votes.

Sen. Kelly Loeffler, the Republican incumbent, and Democratic challenger Raphael Warnock are set to face off again, as are for Sen. David Perdue, the Republican incumbent, and Democratic challenger Jon Ossoff in their race."

Ah, a new poll. I thought so. The term "run off" is confusing. thanks :)

1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

You can't turn off your ad blocker?

I could, but I've tried that before and find there's so many Ads, the news stuff is unreadable. Half blocked by ads.

11 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Ah, a new poll. I thought so. The term "run off" is confusing. thanks :)

Basically, it's a do-over for the election but just between those two pairs of candidates.

Many states have a margin of victory that a candidate must reach in order to actually win. It's very small (I think in Georgia is 0.5%), effectively this law nullifies a tie instead of fighting over a couple of million individual votes one by one.

For example, North Carolina had over 5.5 million votes cast in this election, and one of our state-wide judges seats will be apparently be decided by less than 50 votes. This is silly, they've been recounting and challenging each other votes for a month and it will continue for another month. On the one hand, it's a great argument that YOUR VOTE REALLY DOES COUNT but it would be far more efficient and probably better way to get the will of the people to just hold another election for them. This way, all we learn is who has the most tireless and dick-ish lawyers.

- DSK

• Like 1

Kelly Loeffler is bat shit fucking crazy. Like holy fuck nuts in the fucking brain crazy....

Next time the devil goes down to Georgia, maybe he could encourage his fans to follow the advice of the twit I quoted and write TRUMP on every ballot. 

19 minutes ago, dacapo said:

Kelly Loeffler is bat shit fucking crazy. Like holy fuck nuts in the fucking brain crazy....

Never trust a 50 year old woman whose hair hangs on her tits

1. She can’t debate

2. she has no vision for the US much less Georgia ( sorry Georgia f you vote for her)

3. Did I mention that she’s bat shit crazy

22 minutes ago, dacapo said:

Related to Michelle Bachman?

It was like watching Rudy Gulianni after the Sept. 11 attack.

"Guns, Law & Order, 9/11"

Except with Loeffler it's "Radical Raphael, Defund cops, and Matthew 6-26".

She looks like Ann Coulter, but with an extra 15 Lbs.

3 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Related to Michelle Bachman?

Same crazy eyes

Just now, Sean said:

Same crazy eyes

Same bo-tox brow.

3 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

It was like watching Rudy Gulianni after the Sept. 11 attack.

"Guns, Law & Order, 9/11"

Except with Loeffler it's "Radical Raphael, Defund cops, and Matthew 6-26".

She looks like Ann Coulter, but with an extra 15 Lbs.

AC without an Adam’s apple 

32 minutes ago, dacapo said:

And said to be the richest person in congress.

34 minutes ago, bridhb said:

And said to be the richest person in congress.

She had better be rich because she hasn’t got the beauty thing working for her

2 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Empty suit, empty podium.

3 hours ago, dacapo said:

Yep.

In Georgia, Loeffler again refuses to say Trump lost

Asked specifically about President-elect Joe Biden's victory in Georgia and whether she agreed with Trump's unfounded accusations of widespread voter fraud, Loeffler sidestepped the matter.

Although Trump has lost round after round of court challenges in Georgia and other battleground states, and Georgia's results were certified last month, Loeffler described Trump as merely pursuing “every legal recourse.”

4 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Well well well!

Interesting pic, what/where is it?

Newcastle Island, off Nanaimo. They had a stone cutting system, provided many milling stones and prime quality building stones for venues as far as San Francisco. Very interesting history to wander through.

http://toadhollowphoto.com/2013/04/26/sandstone-quarry-a-quarrys-story/#.X82607N6rCE

1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

Newcastle Island, off Nanaimo. They had a stone cutting system, provided many milling stones and prime quality building stones for venues as far as San Francisco. Very interesting history to wander through.

http://toadhollowphoto.com/2013/04/26/sandstone-quarry-a-quarrys-story/#.X82607N6rCE

Thanks, I'm always on the lookout for unusual places/landscapes. :)

4 hours ago, dacapo said:

1. She can’t debate

2. she has no vision for the US much less Georgia ( sorry Georgia f you vote for her)

3. Did I mention that she’s bat shit crazy

She also wears a wire.

She was like a Stepford Wife.  Painful to watch.  From Illinois, appointed by Gov. Kemp just 10 months ago and never elected, crushing insider trading abuses, no policy except whatever Trump tells her for the next 45 days.  Hopefully Georgians realize this.

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

She also wears a wire.

That's not a wire, that's a brain tap. Gotta keep the fluids moving.

Just now, Ishmael said:

That's not a wire, that's a brain tap. Gotta keep the fluids moving.

She obviously favors insider information.

4 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

She obviously favors insider information.

That's why she's there.

Here we have Senators Loeffler and Perdue at a rally.  Wondering what Dog and the Faithful think about the exhortation in the background?  I thought those. were bad.

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 11.41.49 AM.png

And WTF is with those anti-American masks?

On 12/6/2020 at 5:18 PM, LB 15 said:

GOP Senate appointee Kelly Loeffler has extensive history of giving to  Republicans — and a few Democrats • OpenSecretsKelly Loeffler | | waltontribune.com

She's got a bit of a Pence look going on.

Another Nexus-9 Replicant? 

10 minutes ago, benwynn said:

She's got a bit of a Pence look going on.

Another Nexus-9 Replicant? 

One that got bounced around a bit in transport.

On 12/6/2020 at 7:14 PM, Steam Flyer said:

Many states have a margin of victory that a candidate must reach in order to actually win. It's very small (I think in Georgia is 0.5%), effectively this law nullifies a tie instead of fighting over a couple of million individual votes one by one.

Civilized states (so far, only Maine) and communities (lots of those) use Ranked Choice Voting - eliminates the cost of run-offs. 

The Reich hates it so you know it must be a good idea. 

Although in Georgia, RCV might have produced Loeffler & Perdue wins. 

https://www.fairvote.org/where_is_ranked_choice_voting_used

On 12/6/2020 at 6:37 PM, Shortforbob said:

Could someone please explain what this means?

I know it's for the Senate but I thought all positions were voted on in the big Nov election.

BTW, this is what Trump's dealing with. I could almost feel sorry for him.

Er Nah

qHfoc9cA_bigger.jpg

GEORGIA TRUMP SUPPORTERS: EVERYONE NEEDS TO REMEMBER TO WRITE-IN “DONALD TRUMP” FOR BOTH SENATE SEATS IN THE JANUARY RUN-OFF; ALL WRITE-IN VOTES FOR TRUMP WILL BE ADDED TO TRUMPS NOVEMBER VOTES FOR PRESIDENT!! WE NEED TO SUPPORT TRUMP NOW MORE THAN EVER!

This is how some of the southern states made sure that they didn't get black Senators, in the event of having too many candidates on the ballot. This way, in the event that a "nigra" was the top vote-getter in the election, the God Fearing folks could coalesce behind one white candidate for the runoff and make sure representation remained appropriate, as long as nobody exceeded 50% of the vote in the general election. 

Looks more like a prank directed at Trumpian mouth breathers that will have the effect of negating large numbers of Republican votes.

It is important to take on the Both-Sidesism phony meme whenever possible. 

In Georgia, the social and other media of the Reich has organized a well funded campaign of lies. 

There is nothing like this on the progressive/liberal side. 

I cannot imagine what it must be like to live one's life producing lies - what contempt for other people, what disdain for the truth 

How do they sleep at night ?? 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/22/technology/georgia-senate-runoff-misinformation.html

24 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

It is important to take on the Both-Sidesism phony meme whenever possible. 

In Georgia, the social and other media of the Reich has organized a well funded campaign of lies. 

There is nothing like this on the progressive/liberal side. 

I cannot imagine what it must be like to live one's life producing lies - what contempt for other people, what disdain for the truth 

How do they sleep at night ?? 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/22/technology/georgia-senate-runoff-misinformation.html

Ask @Dog. I bet he sleeps just fine. 

I get a lot of Georgia media where I am...and a ton of ads. The democRATS are running 75% positive ads about their platforms, 25% slamming the incumbents’ records. The Americans do not discuss their records at all. It is 100% scare tactics against caricatures that bear no resemblance to their opponents. But that works in Georgia. Hugo Chavez is very powerful, and Turrifying. Almost as turrifying as running on their own records at re-election time....

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Ask @Dog. I bet he sleeps just fine. 

I get a lot of Georgia media where I am...and a ton of ads. The democRATS are running 75% positive ads about their platforms, 25% slamming the incumbents’ records. The Americans do not discuss their records at all. It is 100% scare tactics against caricatures that bear no resemblance to their opponents. But that works in Georgia. Hugo Chavez is very powerful, and Turrifying. Almost as turrifying as running on their own records at re-election time....

Senator Perdue is likely to gain another record.  But, this one will be courtesy of the criminal justice system.

If they closely examine the trading practices of Senator Loeffler, she may get one, too.

Just now, Bus Driver said:

Perdue is likely to gain another record.  But, this one will be courtesy of the criminal justice system.

I doubt it.  We have two criminal justice systems in this country. As long as he didn't rob any rich folks, anything he did will be swept aside. Robbing po folks is capitalism. Robbing the Best Americans is criminal. 

What did he do? The stock stuff? 

39 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I doubt it.  We have two criminal justice systems in this country. As long as he didn't rob any rich folks, anything he did will be swept aside. Robbing po folks is capitalism. Robbing the Best Americans is criminal. 

What did he do? The stock stuff? 

I realize the current iteration of the Justice Department won't investigate anything done by a Republican.  Maybe the SEC will see fit to do it.

36 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I realize the current iteration of the Justice Department won't investigate anything done by a Republican.  Maybe the SEC will see fit to do it.

I don’t think they will do anything next year either. Remember, insider trading was legal for them until early Obama reforms made it illegal. Congress quietly killed that prohibition in another bill when nobody was looking. They can trade on inside info. Their limiting factor is their shame. That leaves a broad playing field. 

On 1/3/2021 at 10:23 AM, Sean said:

Brutal ad from The Lincoln Project -

https://fb.watch/2MJQBcI72a/

One of the founders of the LP is a registered foreign agent for Russia.

Collusion is bad....sometimes

Those pesky dominion voting machines always have problems in Republican areas.

Heres

with the scoop. "Dominion machines in 3 of the largest Republican precincts are down.They are told they cant scan their ballots because the machines dont work.The pole workers are saying 'When it's fixed we'll scan it for you'. There's all kinds of red flags"

https://twitter.com/WW_NEWS_/status/1346501359835742208

El-TSVCXUAEXP33.jpg

I almost took you off ignore to read your latest petulance.

:lol:

Nah, just joshing. Wallowing in putrefaction serves only to blunt one's intellect.    

• Like 1

On 12/7/2020 at 12:49 PM, Shortforbob said:

You need a better Adblocker. I had no problem readnig it with uBlock Origin running. As well as Ghostery.

• Like 1

Elections WILL have consequences 

14 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

I almost took you off ignore to read your latest petulance.

:lol:

Nah, just joshing. Wallowing in putrefaction serves only to blunt one's intellect.    

Lyin' Mo isn't petulant,

He's a nasty, stupid prick.

Ah, finally the stench of Donald Trump working in our favor.

6 hours ago, roundthebuoys said:

CNN calls Ossoff for GA.

Anyone who knows how to add numbers knew that around midnight.

I just didn't know the circus would show up.  Clown shows used to be fun, I guess I'm just too jaded.

Can elephants stampede?

19 hours ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

Those pesky dominion voting machines always have problems in Republican areas.

El-TSVCXUAEXP33.jpg

Quoted for prosperity. Mo thinks the election was stolen. How ya feeling today Mo?

3 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Quoted for prosperity. Mo thinks the election was stolen. How ya feeling today Mo?

A Tribute to Moe Howard of the Three Stooges - Neatorama

Gotta appreciate Trump putting himself on the ballot in Georgia... he helped turn the Senate blue!

Rumor is George Soros will be sending checks and short notes of appreciation to social media participants found to be most influential in convincing voters that Team Trump is a bunch of whiny bitches. I wonder who here might qualify? 

Personally, I'd like to thank @Dog for doing a disservice to America. After he cleans up the mess he made on the floor in front of the TV today he can sleep outside. 

Shunned dogs can serve as an example.

Good dogs don't support insurrection and don't piss the bed. 

2 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Gotta appreciate Trump putting himself on the ballot in Georgia... he helped turn the Senate blue!

Rumor is George Soros will be sending checks and short notes of appreciation to social media participants found to be most influential in convincing voters that Team Trump is a bunch of whiny bitches. I wonder who here might qualify? 

Personally, I'd like to thank @Dog for doing a disservice to America. After he cleans up the mess he made on the floor in front of the TV today he can sleep outside. 

Shunned dogs can serve as an example.

Good dogs don't support insurrection and don't piss the bed. 

one hand clapping

14 minutes ago, hasher said:

Anyone who knows how to add numbers knew that around midnight.

I just didn't know the circus would show up.  Clown shows used to be fun, I guess I'm just too jaded.

Can elephants stampede?

Yeah I get that.  But it's always good to have it confirmed.

Georgia, once again as blue as Sherman left it. Whoda thunk? 

3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Who gets the money?

9 hours ago, Mark K said:

Georgia, once again as blue as Sherman left it. Whoda thunk? 

Uncle Billy (General Sherman) did a good job, it's notable that it took a generation or more for the KKK and "Knights Of The Noble Magnolia" (or whatever) to take hold in the region he practiced his "war is hell" anti-insurrection doctrine. It wasn't just turning that part of the Confederacy into Chimneyville, he had worked up a very practical method of cavalry flying squads, supported by infantry, to flush out the young men willing to fight, encircle and exterminate them.

It was a common saying in the South of my youth, "fuck with the bull, you get the horn." Let's see if that still holds true.

- DSK

10 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Uncle Billy (General Sherman) did a good job, it's notable that it took a generation or more for the KKK and "Knights Of The Noble Magnolia" (or whatever) to take hold in the region he practiced his "war is hell" anti-insurrection doctrine. It wasn't just turning that part of the Confederacy into Chimneyville, he had worked up a very practical method of cavalry flying squads, supported by infantry, to flush out the young men willing to fight, encircle and exterminate them.

It was a common saying in the South of my youth, "fuck with the bull, you get the horn." Let's see if that still holds true.

- DSK

There's a joke in that for the guy with the buffalo head..a prison joke, I hope.  

• Like 2

This is the guy who replaced the millionaire inside trader.

Georgia counties certify Senate runoff races

ATLANTA, Ga. (WTXL) — Georgia's U.S. Senate runoff races have officially been certified by all 159 counties in the state, according to the state's certification tracker website.

https://www.wtxl.com/news/election-2020/georgia-counties-certify-senate-runoff-races

Inauguration is Wednesday but the Tweet I read said that Harris would be swearing in Warnock, Ossoff and Alex Padilla (her CA replacement).

I fully expect and demand that those Newkies 

get in plenty of good trouble in DC 

On 1/8/2021 at 3:57 PM, Olsonist said:

This is the guy who replaced the millionaire inside trader.

Well clearly that prayer shit was aimed at the wrong Jesus!!!  The right Jesus comes in on a Gulfstream, don't you know.  And expects hard cash, not soft words..

6 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

America is becoming unAmurican. At least the America of legend, myth and folklore.

On 1/6/2021 at 2:39 AM, Gouvernail said:

That's my best friend's grandfather in-law!

"Sing along with Mitch" was one of my most avoided shows... I would rather eat broccoli than watch that show!

image.png.0c60666581aca87bbfb995fcf90ef25d.png

Myth America.

12 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

image.png.0c60666581aca87bbfb995fcf90ef25d.png

Myth America.

Is that the same as The Time of Legends?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIVukJN2OVsvyCKl7qzUJ

image.png.a99cac25aca19246f8119597223d86e5.png

Unicorn guy kinda looks Scottish, doesn't he?