someone to look at a boat in Union Hall Va.

is anyone close to Union Hall Va. (Pelican Point YC) ??  A friend of mine is interested in a Colgate 26 that's been on the hard for a few years there and I said I'd ask around to see if anyone knows where this boat is or what's the deal with it.  Anyone live close by?

Seems remote to go look at a colgate, but man the google map of the area is kind of neat - nearly every house around the YC has a boat house as well.

1 hour ago, ryley said:

Seems remote to go look at a colgate, but man the google map of the area is kind of neat - nearly every house around the YC has a boat house as well.

my friend has a place in Fla. for winters and lives here in NY rest of the time. Heading back for holidays and wants a Colgate 26. Annapolis Yacht Sales had one for sale but it was sold. He's been looking for a used Colgate 26 for over a year now

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, dacapo said:

my friend has a place in Fla. for winters and lives here in NY rest of the time. Heading back for holidays and wants a Colgate 26. Annapolis Yacht Sales had one for sale but it was sold. He's been looking for a used Colgate 26 for over a year now

I can sell him a J29

32 minutes ago, jesposito said:
1 hour ago, dacapo said:

I can sell him a J29

I hearer thoise J29 boates macke ownere bittere, I dointe no why people saye that.........                    :)

4 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

I hearer thoise J29 boates macke ownere bittere, I dointe no why people saye that.........                    :)

Not bitter, just misunderstood

2 minutes ago, Meat Wad said:

Someone runs a disabled regatta out there using the Colgate.

But I have a nice 26 yeare olde ready to go. fast and there are several that have been moved out the the Area.

1274362935_gumbercules9(2).thumb.jpg.3f6f1d36eb69fe5892e15165a9aa837f.jpg

fixte......... I thick                                  :)

21 hours ago, dacapo said:

is anyone close to Union Hall Va. (Pelican Point YC) ??  A friend of mine is interested in a Colgate 26 that's been on the hard for a few years there and I said I'd ask around to see if anyone knows where this boat is or what's the deal with it.  Anyone live close by?

Smith Mountain Lake.  Sorta in the middle between Roanoke, Danville and Lynchburg .  Too far for me.  Have you tried to contact Pelican Point?  https://pelicanpointyachtclub.com/

40 minutes ago, voodoochile said:

Smith Mountain Lake.  Sorta in the middle between Roanoke, Danville and Lynchburg .  Too far for me.  Have you tried to contact Pelican Point?  https://pelicanpointyachtclub.com/

he did...he's going to drive slightly out of the way to look....the boat has been sitting, is dirty and he'll need to find a trailer for it as well to bring to NY (or pay to get the boat trucked here)     Wow Union Hall is in the middle of nowhere Va    it looks like

1 hour ago, dacapo said:

he did...he's going to drive slightly out of the way to look....the boat has been sitting, is dirty and he'll need to find a trailer for it as well to bring to NY (or pay to get the boat trucked here)     Wow Union Hall is in the middle of nowhere Va    it looks like

Is it nextte to Staunton?                  :)

15 hours ago, dacapo said:

Yea, pretty remote!  But 32 sq. miles of lake as deep as 250' in places.  

48 minutes ago, Callahan said:

Hey Steph2me is SML only 2 hours from Staunton? My wife wants to move to Staunton to be near our young grandkids. I might consider it if racing/sailing is that close. Probably have to sell our boat. Staunton is a pretty nice place.

I don't know if I'd call SML racing/sailing

It's pretty though. Staunton is officially considered "Occupied Virginia" isn't it?

- DSK

I live in the Staunton area. Not once have I thought about SML for sailboating. It is an inland mountain lake.  2 hours 40 minutes drive is Fishing Bay Yacht club and Hampton Yacht club, both on the Chesapeake Bay.

The are is nice. Politically speaking, Staunton is blue in a sea of red.  

Sad that we are talking about the political leanings of yacht clubs.

In almost 50 years of sailing from sabots, (8 foot with 2 blunt ends) to maxis & 12 metres,  in 4 different state of Oz I don't think I could ever have said that this club is (to use your terms) "Red or Blue".  Over here the left is red.

That is not to say that our yacht club members don't have political views,  just that they aren't usually anywhere near as important to them as the beer/rum divide,