it was all yellow

That shipyard closed about a decade ago. I might be wrong but I think although Astilleros Decisión was as Spanish company, the boats were actually built in Poland. 

2 minutes ago, Bedford said:

21 holes in the transom, WTF?

rough guess

8 rudder bracketry,

4  back stay

4 outboard bracket

4 Boarding ladder

A N other I ain't got a clue..

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The Q said:

rough guess

8 rudder bracketry,

4  back stay

4 outboard bracket

4 Boarding ladder

A N other I ain't got a clue..

The odd hole looks a little bigger. Maybe bilge pump discharge. 

1 hour ago, Steve said:
On 12/8/2020 at 9:34 PM, Gouvernail said:

MFG Cobra from 1970. It is a Rod McAlpine Downey design 

http://www.sailmfg.com/cobra23/pictures/cobra23batch2/cobra23.html

23C6CF03-A1DE-4199-B5E7-A2153F51F969.jpeg

McAlpine Downey huh, no shit, cool. Never seen a mono by him. 

I thought that was one of Ford's designs? But it's still a very cool boat and if I ever find one for sale, I am totally buying it.

McAlpine-Downey designed a bunch of great monohulls including the Buccaneer 18. His name always brings CROSSBOW to my mind, though, even if I am currently sailing a Bucc!

FB- Doug

3 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I thought that was one of Ford's designs? But it's still a very cool boat and if I ever find one for sale, I am totally buying it.

McAlpine-Downey designed a bunch of great monohulls including the Buccaneer 18. His name always brings CROSSBOW to my mind, though, even if I am currently sailing a Bucc!

FB- Doug

Only a very few Cobras were built. No way there are enough. I thought we built only two but I was off nine months  a year at college and there may have been others I never saw. 
  The only decent part of the boat  was the hull shape. Every other part. Was a total abortion. In the nineties I tried to buy the molds from Playcraft/ Charger in Missouri. They chose to bulldoze all the tooling for sll the sailboats rather than let anyone buy any of it. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

Only a very few Cobras were built. No way there are enough. I thought we built only two but I was off nine months  a year at college and there may have been others I never saw. 
  The only decent part of the boat  was the hull shape. Every other part. Was a total abortion. In the nineties I tried to buy the molds from Playcraft/ Charger in Missouri. They chose to bulldoze all the tooling for sll the sailboats rather than let anyone buy any of it. 

It's a shame that was all lost, also a shame that some of those very good designs were finished so poorly. Didn't know there were so few Cobras built, it really looks like a 1960's attempt at a modern sport boat. Far ahead of it's time!

FB- Doug

25 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

It's a shame that was all lost, also a shame that some of those very good designs were finished so poorly. Didn't know there were so few Cobras built, it really looks like a 1960's attempt at a modern sport boat. Far ahead of it's time!

FB- Doug

Looks like a Herreshoff Rater :-)

7 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

FB- Doug

The thing had a gennaker. I wanted to add a retractable pole option that would fit inside an optional bolt on housing that would go on the deck. 
I built a mold and one housing and an almost triangular  pole because I thought it would take the forces better than any other shape . ( Almost because the corners were rounded )

The pole was made out of three six inch by eight foot flat plates. I fastened them together and then mounted them on a big rack we used to hold 500 pound rolls of floor covering paper. I had a helper roll the triangle over and over while I wound resin soaked chopper gun roving around like a big ball for string. 
The  entire tube weighed about ten pounds and looked so damned ugly it was pretty. 

unfortunately, we never built a boat to try it out.

why?? The boats we built were just plain ugly inside and no dealer wanted one. 
I wanted to build myself a lightweight cored version with no interior and two or three trapezes but I was a college kid paying his own way through school and by the time I had the money, MFG had sold the sailboat division