Jump to content

"Granny" DTS


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, hobot said:

I feel your pain Mid, it's now your turn to run with the ball, me? I'm just gonna go ahead and ignore this thread.

never saw that coming ....

Link to post
Share on other sites

gawd she was funny.. and looked exactly like my own granny. same mannerisms too. 

Commencing thread ignore operations...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, it is truly Christmas season!  Another thread to ignore.  What a nice gift from @Mid.   

Thanks for the gift, and thanks for taking one for the team to brighten our holidays in these troubled times.  We won't forget your generous act.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Wow, it is truly Christmas season!  Another thread to ignore.  What a nice gift from @Mid.   

Thanks for the gift, and thanks for taking one for the team to brighten our holidays in these troubled times.  We won't forget your generous act.

I adgree, butte if we coude harvestte the vowelles, I thicke it woude macke eache kiddes "Wesołych Świąt!"  a littelle britere.

:)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

I adgree, butte if we coude harvestte the vowelles, I thicke it woude macke eache kiddes "Wesołych Świąt!"  a littelle britere.

:)

You're the best Snaggs, always looking out for the kids.  :)

Keep those vowels coming folks!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Canadians will appreciate that I worked with "Al Waxman" for a couple of months this past year. 

"Call me Alex" ... damn ... right name, such a wrong look, and absolutely NOT the right sense of humour. :unsure::lol:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bowgirl said:

The Canadians will appreciate that I worked with "Al Waxman" for a couple of months this past year. 

"Call me Alex" ... damn ... right name, such a wrong look, and absolutely NOT the right sense of humour. :unsure::lol:

al, the king of kennsington, waxman?  way to name drop there Bowgirl  :D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yah, as I said,  right name but that's where the resemblance ended - but seriously, imagine living with the name Alex Waxman - everyone calls you Al because , well, AL! and the comparisons never stop, and quite serious when he said "Call me Alex".   This guy is maybe in his mid-to-late 30s so he barely even remembers the iconic Al Waxman.

Tickled my funnybone, though, and we had a good laugh on it - he indicated it's a good way to find Canadians wherever he's posted LOL 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Bowgirl said:

Yah, as I said,  right name but that's where the resemblance ended - but seriously, imagine living with the name Alex Waxman - everyone calls you Al because , well, AL! and the comparisons never stop, and quite serious when he said "Call me Alex".   This guy is maybe in his mid-to-late 30s so he barely even remembers the iconic Al Waxman.

Tickled my funnybone, though, and we had a good laugh on it - he indicated it's a good way to find Canadians wherever he's posted LOL 

canadians of a certain age ;)

My name is the same as a pretty famous hollyood actor....  i used to get that name recognition quite a lot. He's been dead for some time  and it takes people .....of a certain age to make the connection now

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, chester said:

canadians of a certain age ;)

My name is the same as a pretty famous hollyood actor....  i used to get that name recognition quite a lot. He's been dead for some time  and it takes people .....of a certain age to make the connection now

im a middle aged white guy. a few years back my mom went through her first round of chemo  (she is doing awesome now, after a hell of a fight and an interesting, if long, story) i would take her to her appointments at Sunnybrook to get poisoned. when she lost her hair, i shaved my head. thing is ive had a moustache almost since birth. so, in my mind, as a bald white guy, you need some facial hair or you look like a white supremacist. you cant just go with a moustache, that looks..... creepy. a grew a goatee. the number of times i was actually mistaken for Walter White was quite funny. its all long grown in now and thats good, as im living in new mexico. sooner or later i have to go get my driver's licence redone. if they wont allow me to have my pastafarian religious head dress in it, im going as Walt.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...