Time person of the year

14 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Elections have consequences. Fuck Your Feelings, Bullshitters. 

Hooray for the rosy pig shit. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Gissie said:

What a joke. Biden wins an election, not by a vast margin, his party gets fuck all and he is person of the year. :lol:

Time person of the year isn't necessarily about DOING something good so much as being an agent of influence of change, even if for the worse.

image.png.ac520aff52aa96b1a6297d7e2fdf33e7.pngimage.png.865ca2d1fb6bb16322c377ea29833131.pngimage.png.63177eb6b0d2fc1f72fb121ddfda6a30.pngimage.png.6265bb1cce65e03db413d88b3ea7f3f8.png

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Not for nothing said:

a screen shot of Joe Biden

Bet that got to Donnie 

If you look closely you can see clearly that the lights are on but nobody's home. 

I thought I saw something a day ago that had the cover with about a half dozen health care professionals as they came off their shifts.  Disappointed that didn't make it.  Those people need a morale boost.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Gissie said:

What a joke. Biden wins an election, not by a vast margin, his party gets fuck all and he is person of the year. :lol:

The Time "Man of the Year" has never been about honoring a person.  It's about a person who has become more than themselves - a symbol of a struggle, or a harbinger of change.  What we've seen centered around Trump's loss and what he's done to oppose Biden's win certainly qualifies Biden.  And Trump.  And like the United States, Time decided they didn't want Trump as their front-man.

4 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

The Time "Man of the Year" has never been about honoring a person.  It's about a person who has become more than themselves - a symbol of a struggle, or a harbinger of change.  What we've seen centered around Trump's loss and what he's done to oppose Biden's win certainly qualifies Biden.  And Trump.  And like the United States, Time decided they didn't want Trump as their front-man.

That isn't just unfair.  It is...

SO Unfair. 

Donald Trump is 'Loser of the Year' according to Der Spiegel, German magazine.

https://www.newsweek.com/der-spiegel-donald-trump-election-loser-year-germany-1553807

The German magazine Der Spiegel has delivered a withering assessment of President Donald Trump's 2020 in an article headlined "The loser of the year."

The piece of more than 3,300 words pulled no punches in criticizing Trump's response to the coronavirus pandemic, his refusal to accept an election defeat, and for good measure, it took swipes at other presidential actions this year.

Headlined in German "Der Verlierer des Jahres" the article published online on Thursday describes how Trump's refusal to accept President-elect Joe Biden's victory is "not surprising," because, as Roland Nelles and Ralf Neukirch write: "nothing is normal under Trump.

"Instead, he speaks of massive electoral fraud, although there is no evidence for it. Trump's presidency ends as it began. Without decency and without dignity."

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

Christ, landslides have changed a lot in 4 years.

No relation to Christ, fukwit.

Stalin or ever Goebbels would have been a better reference. 

13 minutes ago, Venom said:

No relation to Christ, fukwit.

Stalin or ever Goebbels would have been a better reference. 

Well, if it makes you feel any better, Stalin and Goebbels, you are a fucking idiot.

3 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

LOLOL...  As in Jesus Christ, you are a fucking idiot.

Add Dalai Lama to that list you stupid cunt. :D

Time, as with many other periodicals, readership is down.. way down.   Time Person of the Year is non starter, unless they want to make the doctors, nurses, EMT, and the other that are helping us get through COVID-19.

Otherwise the Person of the Year is noting more that a junior high school class president election..  aka popularity contest.

2 minutes ago, Voyageur said:

Hobies Rule. Trump is and always has been a LOSER.

image.png.49077b8b8237814919845ef01f9e3221.png

Always liked the Hobie 20.... sad they got the layup wrong and had major soft spot problems.  Kinda of like having a limp dick... something I am sure you're very familiar with.

Run along now....

9 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Loser Lame Duck of the year has yet to concede the Nobel Prize. This one won’t be noticed fir at least another ten years 

You misspelled Noble

38 minutes ago, Keith said:

Oh America.....

image.png.936972670c8d64100c0a5f1662b2114f.png

That rag is at just about every checkout in the country yet I've never seen anyone buy a copy.

Why is that?

The scary thing is that there are literally millions of people who think it's a newspaper.

4 hours ago, Grrr... said:

Fully understand what they are after, just wonder about what is so special about Biden. He was helped by covid as it allowed him to hide from the public stage. He pretty much ran on a better than Trump campaign (which was true).

So some leading light, yeah nah. Agree with whoever it was here that said Covid should have got it.

36 minutes ago, Gissie said:

That you think I am an Aussie shows the general level of your intellect, a mouth breather at best.

All you people down there look & sound the same.

3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

That rag is at just about every checkout in the country yet I've never seen anyone buy a copy.

Why is that?

The scary thing is that there are literally millions of people who think it's a newspaper.

My grandmother used to love the Enquirer. She'd tell you she knew it was trash and mostly made up nonsense, but she still bought it occasionally for a hoot.

Just now, B.J. Porter said:
3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Why is that?

My grandmother used to love the Enquirer. She'd tell you she knew it was trash and mostly made up nonsense, but she still bought it occasionally for a hoot.

I made it a point to always bring a copy of The Weekly World News on races.  Great laughs on the way to the start and in from the finish.

1 hour ago, Gissie said:

Fully understand what they are after, just wonder about what is so special about Biden. He was helped by covid as it allowed him to hide from the public stage. He pretty much ran on a better than Trump campaign (which was true).

So some leading light, yeah nah. Agree with whoever it was here that said Covid should have got it.

In spite of all the "What has Biden ever done in 47 years" howls from the numpties and poo-flingers, in reality he is a well respected man who has accomplished a lot in his years of public service. In many ways he typifies what we'd want in a public servant - someone who is there because he cares about what he's doing.

It's not just that he's a stark contrast to Trump because he does relate to and care about people, but he's overcome tremendous personal tragedy over the years and he still keeps doing what he's doing. He's had his sights on the presidency since the 80s, and he's never wavered in doing his job since he came to office.

So he's not a sit-on-his-ass nothing and never has been.

13 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

In spite of all the "What has Biden ever done in 47 years" howls from the numpties and poo-flingers, in reality he is a well respected man who has accomplished a lot in his years of public service. In many ways he typifies what we'd want in a public servant - someone who is there because he cares about what he's doing.

It's not just that he's a stark contrast to Trump because he does relate to and care about people, but he's overcome tremendous personal tragedy over the years and he still keeps doing what he's doing. He's had his sights on the presidency since the 80s, and he's never wavered in doing his job since he came to office.

So he's not a sit-on-his-ass nothing and never has been.

Never said he has done nothing in his life. But do you really think beating Trump, what in reality should have been a walk in the park for pretty much anyone, should give you this award?

It would appear to be just another cheap way to celebrate Trump's loss than a serious consideration of who, or what, should be considered for the award.

38 minutes ago, Gissie said:

It would appear to be just another cheap way to celebrate Trump's loss than a serious consideration of who, or what, should be considered for the award.

It's a way to piss off the shitstain bigly.

Good enough for me. :D

1 hour ago, Movable Ballast said:

Yeah you're right Sol, fuck the Doctors, nurses and scientists who have been the real heroes of 2020. Yeah fuck them right Sol... Joe and the Ho are the obvious choice... 

What a fucking cocksucking piece of shit you are.  The Ho?  Your wife, daughter, girlfriend and sister all fucking think you're a dick.  Fuck you.

1 hour ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

It's much better just to trigger Libs.

Who gives a fuck about trying to trigger anyone, apart from those with no life I guess.

And LB of course, but he is happy to trigger anyone and plays no favourites. Plus he is quite good at it.

6 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Kinda like "owning the libtards"

Defund The Gissie

- DSK

Someone owns the libtards? Who would be dumb enough to buy those fuckers, or were they a free giveaway with every $10 spent at the secondhand shop?

1 hour ago, Gissie said:
2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

It's a way to piss off the shitstain bigly.

Good enough for me. :D

And therein lies the problem. Who gives a toss about anything as long as it pisses off the shit stain.

Shallowness at its best.

Please tell me that you aren't really that stupid.

Please.

But in case you actually are, I put it in the otherwise unnecessary purple font, just for you.

1 hour ago, roundthebuoys said:

What a fucking cocksucking piece of shit you are.  The Ho?  Your wife, daughter, girlfriend and sister are all fucking Ho's .  Fuck you.

There seemed to be room for a little more anger so I FTFY.