OMG player collapses

7 minutes ago, hasher said:

Very ungodly.  He’s Florida’s best player and one of the best in the country.  By all accounts a great person as well.  He’s in “critical but stable” condition.  Sounds like a cardiac event.

6 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Having recently been hanging out at Stanford Cardio, most of these events are Myocarditis. He might recover no worse for wear, or not. If thats what it is.

He had Covid so certainly possible.  But he was unconscious on the stretcher so heart attack is a real possibility.

3 hours ago, Fakenews said:

He had Covid so certainly possible.  But he was unconscious on the stretcher so heart attack is a real possibility.

Myocarditis can do some nasty things. 

It can inflame part of the heart muscle to the point that the electric signals get disrupted. Ergo, no blood gets pumped.

1 hour ago, Grrr... said:

Nowadays, kids in many locations can't even play sports without getting a heart screening.  I wonder if Covid screwed his heart up.

One of Covid’s common nasty surprises is Myocarditis. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Raz'r said:
1 hour ago, Grrr... said:

Nowadays, kids in many locations can't even play sports without getting a heart screening.  I wonder if Covid screwed his heart up.

Yes, I was thinking when I saw the news that this might be it.

Wishing for a speedy recovery, he's too young to have this kind of problem

- DSK

• Like 1

They brought back to Gainesville and took him out of the coma.  He’s still in critical condition but conscious and responding to commands.  The first glimmer of good news.  Hope he recovers and lives a normal life even if it doesn’t include BB.  

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Well......when you drop like a rock, that narrows it down a bit. It’s almost certainly an arrhythmia or cerebral event. There are some outlying events but it’s almost certainly one of those. The fact they were not doing CPR as they left leads me to some vascular/cerebral event. We’ll see.

2 hours ago, Point Break said:

Well......when you drop like a rock, that narrows it down a bit. It’s almost certainly an arrhythmia or cerebral event. There are some outlying events but it’s almost certainly one of those. The fact they were not doing CPR as they left leads me to some vascular/cerebral event. We’ll see.

I didn't see, did they need a defibrilator?

18 minutes ago, DRIFTW00D said:

He could be having Long Hauler problems of some sort from COVID-19. It Will be interesting to see what happened.. this is all new ground we are on, no one knows what’s going to happen in time to COVID-19 patients

ESPN reported tonight that he is responding to simple commands.  My GF (radiologist) last week noticed, well, her iwatch noticed she was in afib.  She spent the day at her hospital and they shocked her twice.  She's been fine since but it was worrisome.

9 hours ago, Raz'r said:

I didn't see, did they need a defibrilator?

Didn’t see the whole thing just the news coverage that cut away to everybody worried to protect us from seeing scary upsetting things so it’s possible. The couple of shots they did show I did not see a defibrillator, or even a cardiac monitor. As he was being wheeled off on the gurney I don’t recall seeing any....not even oxygen as I recall. I do have to say, the few times I worked a sporting event the emphasis was not stabilize and give preliminary care on court/field, it was get them off as soon as possible. The single exception was bad ortho and especially spinal injuries. I gotta say....team Docs vary in “quality” and specialty. Some are awesome....some are not.

4 hours ago, silent bob said:

Four lines of Coke is not a “Heart Issue”!

At the time of the incident, it originally was reported in the Boston media as a heart attack.

A couple days later when rumors that it might be coke surfaced, the Bias family threatened to sue for slander.

Only after did autopsy did the heart attack story die.

15 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Great news! He’s conscious, talking and now in stable condition.  A full recovery looks to be in his future

Fake,

I've seen nothing about what caused his collapse, why so optimistic about a full recovery?  I hope he does, just haven't seen anything that optimistic.

25 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Fake,

I've seen nothing about what caused his collapse, why so optimistic about a full recovery?  I hope he does, just haven't seen anything that optimistic.

No details on what actually happened have been released to my knowledge but the fact that he FaceTime’d with his teammates gives me enormous optimism for his future 

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

No details on what actually happened have been released to my knowledge but the fact that he FaceTime’d with his teammates gives me enormous optimism for his future 

seems a little schoolgirlish in your optimism.