• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was an odd time the late IOR period. Fantastic fleets, great racing and many beautiful looking boats that were absolute cunts of things to sail. Back them most  owners actually knew how to sail and

I just found this thread while doing a Google search on my new boat, but I bought the Peterson designed Serendipity 43 that someone linked to back in February. Bit of a distress sale, so I think I got

Having renovated an IOR 1-tonner, I feel obliged to point out that there are way cheaper ways to get a tidy boat on to a start line

Posted Images

She’s been sitting in the bushes too long.  

Can’t find a boat that suits the admiral (and suits me). in a location that suits the admiral.  Close, but no cigar.  Since the admiral’s kept me solvent, fed, and generally happy in all the family like things, I do have to bend just a touch to please her.  So, I am looking at poor little Anna, sitting in the bushes, generally covered in mold and pine straw. A sad ending to a little boat that has brought us so much pleasure for 31 years.  Still, she has port side damage and needs a new mast.  (New sails would be kind a nice too). 

So, today, I decided, wait no more.  I’m gonna do whatever it takes to get her back on the lake. (And maybe on the bay too). First step, giver her a GOOD cleaning.  And yes, she cleans up darned good.  

Next step, finding a good fiberglass shop to get her port side and mast step right and check the keel for bedding.  Then, a good top coat on the topsides and a smooth barrier coat on the bottom.  Then get a new extrusion to a rigger and get a mast built.  Boy would I love a carbon mast, but probably will be thrilled with an aluminum mast that is straight.  

Why is she here, because she has so much of the IOR influence in her lines.  

First picture is as she is today, second is her best day racing, doing a horizon job on the fleet with every boat in the fleet owing her time and third picture just cruising in Caney Creek Lake

D792A6F7-541A-466E-B91B-C5C1EF1C226D.jpeg

B4306E0E-7C54-4CF4-9CFD-6E56DB6D4832.jpeg

C205246D-B9ED-486D-82B8-C693F87EA653.jpeg

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, Santana20AE said:

Can’t find a boat that suits the admiral (and suits me). in a location that suits the admiral.  Close, but no cigar.  Since the admiral’s kept me solvent, fed, and generally happy in all the family like things, I do have to bend just a touch to please her.  So, I am looking at poor little Anna, sitting in the bushes, generally covered in mold and pine straw. A sad ending to a little boat that has brought us so much pleasure for 31 years.  Still, she has port side damage and needs a new mast.  (New sails would be kind a nice too). 

So, today, I decided, wait no more.  I’m gonna do whatever it takes to get her back on the lake. (And maybe on the bay too). First step, giver her a GOOD cleaning.  And yes, she cleans up darned good.  

Next step, finding a good fiberglass shop to get her port side and mast step right and check the keel for bedding.  Then, a good top coat on the topsides and a smooth barrier coat on the bottom.  Then get a new extrusion to a rigger and get a mast built.  Boy would I love a carbon mast, but probably will be thrilled with an aluminum mast that is straight.  

First picture is as she is today, second is her best day racing, doing a horizon job on the fleet with every boat in the fleet owing her time and third picture just cruising in Caney Creek Lake

lose the spinnaker halyard?

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, bigrpowr said:

lose the spinnaker halyard?

Yes and no.  The admiral helmed into one of the nastiest broaches ever on the one and only time she ever helmed while flying a spinnaker.  Now, she prefers that we have three aboard to normally fly our spinnaker.  That way I never have to leave the helm.  However in this race, we were racing in the no spinnaker class.  The wind was so light, I doubt a spinnaker would have flown properly anyway.  The poled out jib worked great.  You’ll notice, Brenda had to physically hold the pole out

Technically we had advantages that all the other larger and quicker rated boats did not have.  First, she was a trailer boat and had a clean bottom. (As opposed to some that had marine fisheries masquerading as bottoms) second, we had a decent, crisp main and a fresh Kevlar genoa.  Anna was probably flying the best sails of the fleet that day. Finally, Anna at 1400 lbs displacement and an IOR shaped hull, is a beast in light air.  A good fart will keep her going for a couple of miles.    

So, why yes?  Recently we had our jib halyard go bad, so we replaced it with our brand new spinnaker halyard.  Had not had time yet to replace the spin halyard before Laura blew her off of the trainer and pretty much made a bow of the mast.  

On 8/8/2021 at 2:17 PM, mrming said:

Spotted in Brightlingsea, UK, a rare MG RS38 by Rob Humphreys.

D9DF642E-D01A-45B3-8718-AC1A7F1FA0C8.jpeg

Raced one of those at Cowes week, maybe 1987 or 88……nice boat, a touch heavy…..one of the guys who worked for MG said if there was ever a nuclear attack, inside a MG38 would be the place to be

• Like 1
On 8/8/2021 at 11:17 PM, mrming said:

Spotted in Brightlingsea, UK, a rare MG RS38 by Rob Humphreys.

Beautiful! Rob Humphreys always makes those. Just found a pic of: Humphreys Yacht Design: "Blizzard was probably the first fractional-rigged IOR 50 footer, designed for Ernest Juer and built by Green Marine in Lymington. After extensive campaigning on the American Fifty Foot circuit the boat was sold to an Austrian syndicate headed by Andreas Hanakamp, and raced around the world in the Hong Kong Challenge. The most recent information we have is that she is now a working boat, used for sail training purposes.", see: https://www.humphreysdesign.com/yacht-designs/sail/blizzard/ Kan vara en bild av båtracing, segelbåt och utomhus 

Coquette MG RS 34 from -83, designed by Rob Humphreys Kan vara en bild av utomhus

https://yachts.apolloduck.co.uk/boat/mg-yachts-mgrs-34-for-sale/664676?fbclid=IwAR190eDs_6UtFmfqUM6ouYlf6UD4MGPCeNyep7Ztsp4gF2msajG65VAsToQ

"Coquette ? MGRS34 1985, 1994 Scottish Rover Series: 3e/27 CHS Class 3, G. Furnival, 2011 For Sale in Pembrokeshire, Centrally located 20hp engine, Forepeak fitted out;", see: http://www.histoiredeshalfs.com/Trois Quart/MGRS34.htm?fbclid=IwAR3n2ABBT2Yf7uhVcUBFEfEANmKi841O99zBkKu8fO6F7-yAOLqEbg56hOk

10 hours ago, LordBooster said:
On 8/8/2021 at 2:23 PM, mrming said:

Stephen Jones SJ35 Erotic Bear.

Nice, Stephen Jones with big yachts! http://www.histoiredeshalfs.com/Trois Quart/Oyster SJ35 differents bateaux.htm

When buying a Stephen Jones boat it is essential to ascertain exactly what it is you are buying.

Tumblehome? - Cruising Anarchy - Sailing Anarchy Forums

• Like 4
11 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

When buying a Stephen Jones boat it is essential to ascertain exactly what it is you are buying.

Tumblehome? - Cruising Anarchy - Sailing Anarchy Forums

Great paintjob, you can easily see that all you need to do is to cut white parts off.

28 minutes ago, LordBooster said:

They had some good results in the EAORA racing series here in the UK a few seasons ago.

• Like 1

Got a pic from Guglielmo Crotti today: Geronimo two-tonner from -81, designed by STUDIO SIMEONE and built by De Vargas, 9:th at the TTC in -81 (17 yachts)

Kan vara en bild av båtracing

http://www.histoiredeshalfs.com/One Tonner/1981 TTC.htm

"Geronimo It Simeone ? De Vargas en bois moulé, 1981 Sélection Italienne TTC, Porto Cervo: 2e/??, Lo Faro, 12 septembre, Two Tonner Cup, Costa Smeralda: 13-5-15-11-12 = 9e/17, G.Lo Faro, 1982 18 mars, Alassio: 7e/21 Classe II;", see: http://www.histoiredeshalfs.com/One Tonner/00 TT Liste.htm

• Like 1
On 8/11/2021 at 8:45 PM, Santana20AE said:

I love those little buggers

• Like 2
On 8/12/2021 at 2:45 AM, Santana20AE said:

Yes, 

Signature V. Green at SA:

“Pretty sure the Santana 20 was designed with the IOR rule in mind. If you look at it, it reflects the narrow stern and rocker that seems present in most.": see: https://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?/topic/91861-graveyard/page/3/#comments

https://sailboatdata.com/sailboat/santana-20

On 8/14/2021 at 1:03 PM, BayRacer said:

Been a while since I have seen one, but they were fairly common on the Great Lakes.  Tripe spreader rig is not original equipment I am pretty sure...

Still about four or five left in Detroit, and the pictured one from Chicago.  Marina fire in 99 or 00 (during that winter I think) burned a huge chunk of that fleet.  And yes....typically two spreaders, not three.

• Like 1

Albin Ballad from -74, half-tonner designed by Rolf Magnusson

Kan vara en bild av jordens vatten och natur

https://www.blocket.se/annons/stockholm/1974_albin_balad/97057317?fbclid=IwAR0uX9q9-XJehY3uCy82n19LS8t7FcIz3PbI_6v34K8RhBGw395I-WmMqSM

Google translate of link above: "After 35 years, I am now selling my tired Ballad to a handy person who
can put a little time and love into the boat.
Teak in cockpit
Bathing ladder
Mainsail on roller boom, Furlex roller genoa + Spinnaker and boom.
4 winches
Penta MD 11 which works but low comp.
New starter battery, 2 consumable batteries 2020
Webasto Heater 2015
Compressor driven cooling box
Sprayhood
Water Toilet with Tank,
Fresh water tank 70 liters, Fuel tank 40 liters
Gas stove and bottle
The boat is located at the pier in Tunaviken, Österskär", Sweden

On 7/31/2021 at 12:45 PM, sledracr said:

Last I heard, still rotting away at Betts.

From January (in this same thread): "WSD is rotting away in Anacortes, WA, an old friend and former North Sails guy who is now into Alfa Romeos owns her, asked me if I want to be a partner and I ran away as fast as my old limbs would allow me. I walked up a ladder and walked on the deck, was careful not to fall through.   Very sad ending to a great Schumacher boat. " 

@Somebody Else might know something more recent?

Same experience, Fred S. asked me to be his partner.  I stepped very gingerly no to fall through the deck.  What a boat in her day.

• Like 1

Renovation of a Nessy 94, half-tonner designed by Rob Humphreys

Signature Copernicus via Google translate: "Now that winter will hopefully soon let go, I thought it was time I created a project thread. For those who have read some of my posts before, it turned out when recording the boat that there was a serious damage to the keel. It now seems that this will be repaired in the workshop so then I have regained some desire to work and therefore create this thread.", see:

2a.jpg

nessie1.jpg

19 hours ago, LordBooster said:

Summertime dream again (let's hope for something similar for WSD): http://summertimedream.blogspot.com/2010/10/restoration-of-summertime-dream.html

Damn, that warms the cockles of my heart!  Knew Carl back in the day and owned an Express 37 for 10 years, damn, I wish had that boat back.

• Like 3

Windex 92 from -88, designed by Bergström & Ridder

Kan vara en bild av jordens vatten

https://www.blocket.se/annons/stockholm/windex_92__88/97085317

Google translate of top link: "A fast three-roomer with a folding keel and rudder is now finally for sale!
Now we will unfortunately sell our unique Windex 92 which has been in the family's possession since 1997, before that the boat was owned by one of the designers. An incredibly nice houseboat with very smart solutions and good sailing properties.
The boat has an integrated bathing jetty with a bathing ladder that is wonderful to swim from or just sit on. Because it has a folding bar keel and rudder, you can enter the boat in all sorts of pleasant places, even though it is large enough for several passengers.
Inside, the boat is very spacious with a kitchen and proper work space. The toilet space is separate with its own door. In the forepeak there is a double berth and in the saloon there are four berths of which two berths behind the backrests which also works perfectly for storage. In the stern there are three more berths, of which a spacious double berth with openable windows and a deck hatch.
Equipment:
LPG stove with oven and three flames, LPG system updated 2020
Fresh water tank approx. 100 l with inspection hatch
Diesel tank approx. 40 l
Toilet with septic tank about 50 l toilet seat and pump new 2020
Sprayhood
Virtually new cockpit canopy with large windows, lacks arches but works with tent poles
Integrated bathing jetty
Extra ruff hatch in plexiglass that gives a light entry on dark days
Bed mattress in the aft berth
Lagoon table for the cockpit
Teak in the cockpit
Two fire extinguishers, one inside and one by the cockpit
m.m.
Sail:
Mainsail, new 2021
Spinnaker
Genoa
As well as 3 older seals
Electronics and navigation:
Autohelm Log
Autohelm Wind sensor, needs to be reviewed
Autohelm Compass instrument
Autohelm Ekolod
Magnetic compass
Battery meter
VHF
Fresh water pump new 2020
Seawater pump new 2021
Solcell
Diesel heater 2.5 kw, two exhaust - new 2020
Stereo with 4 speakers, 2 in cockpit and 2 inside the boat
Starter battery and a consumable battery 115 amps
Cooling compartment approx. 55 l with compressor
C-tek battery charger
m.m.
Measure:
Length over all: 9.2 m
Length of the waterline: 7.2 m
Width: 3.2 m
Height: 12.9 m
Weight / Displacement: 3,800 kg
Draft: 2.03 (with raised position 1.08 m)
Standing height in the kitchen area and toilet
Number of berths: 7 and 2 berths
Construction:
Designer: Bergström & Ridder
Year of manufacture: 1988
Keel type: Folding keel
Keel material: Iron
Subsequent weight: 1,200 kg
Rudder: Surface mounted (foldable)
Rudder and keel are folded up and down with the help of ropes that you easily adjust from the cockpit. Ropes changed 2020.
Engine:
Yanmar 2GM 15Hk
2-blade folding propeller"
Erik Barkefors: "Wasn't Windex 92 a half ton? B&R drew and put on his usual rig and a "folding" keel.", google translate of: https://www.blur.se/2017/01/30/gamla-12-tonnare/?fbclid=IwAR1ARpRuqOoR1MTNDc5o4MT6ItBBzEdtqyyiIuVqzbQtFIPL9Ri5ViEhHwI

43 minutes ago, See Level said:

Heritage 37 looks ok, but that's the first time I've ever seen a  diamond plate interior in a one tonner.:huh:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133850012632?hash=item1f2a151bd8:g:MvMAAOSw6KlhErWq

s-l400 (1).jpg

s-l400 (2).jpg

s-l400 (3).jpg

For a craft of that age, she sure presents well.  Cleaner than could be expected.  the engine bay with its 2 year old Kubota is especially clean.  

• Like 1

Sweaty Nappy 3/4-tonner from -74, designed and built by George McGruer. Sean Norris: "They were on the point of breaking her up when the current owner [Ted O'Driscoll] rescued her and has done a fantastic restoration job. He even recycled the original Rod Rigging into fixtures in the cabin."

https://www.facebook.com/groups/276399966216420/posts/525249637998117

http://www.histoiredeshalfs.com/Trois Quart/Sweaty Nappy.htm

1 hour ago, LordBooster said:

Sweaty Nappy 3/4-tonner from -74, designed and built by George McGruer. Sean Norris: "They were on the point of breaking her up when the current owner [Ted O'Driscoll] rescued her and has done a fantastic restoration job. He even recycled the original Rod Rigging into fixtures in the cabin."

https://www.facebook.com/groups/276399966216420/posts/525249637998117

http://www.histoiredeshalfs.com/Trois Quart/Sweaty Nappy.htm

Reminds me of the Westerly GK24 & 29 - also Tonners.

Westerly GK24 1978 Boats for Sale & YachtsWesterly GK29 in Saône-et-Loire | Sailboats used 98491 - iNautia

• Like 1

C&C 41 from -84 designed by Robert Ball

https://ru.yachtworld.com/yachts-ru/1984/c-c-41-3569437/?fbclid=IwAR2TCvitcka0W2Yh23T9fFivQnnIzrF3FeBDzxvFmhgiXwhpS5S1BPxa4Qo

Signature Squalamax at SA: "I think mostly because most can't afford the latest and greatest. You can get alot of IOR boat for realtively cheap money.", see: 

https://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?/topic/129893-cc-41/

8 hours ago, LordBooster said:

I’d be in the market if she was about a quarter the cost and I had someone to help me keep the varnish fresh every year that I could afford to pay on a retirement salary.  (Not saying she isn’t worth the cost, just saying, I am retired.)   

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

It's only 23' - and a small 23' at that.

Anyone could keep up the varnish on that.

Says the guy that lives where the sun don't shine :-) (note, It has been a goal of mine to visit.  It looks beautiful).  My current boat will have a wood tiller someday, with a sunbrella cover, but doesn't have any wood above deck right now.  Keeping wood varnished in the south is better left to those who can afford to pay someone to do it.

Beautiful little boat though!

• Like 2
12 hours ago, LordBooster said:

Gorm, ex Maestro, ex Gollywoog, 2-tonner from -76 designed by Doug Peterson, built by Palmer Johnson

Kan vara en bild av utomhus

https://www.scanboat.com/en/boat-market/boats/Sailing-boat-ior-2-ton-17411120?fbclid=IwAR3LDgjawjdE-OxNaIqFRQXe9YuRXSc9pn6ub8s2zDZpcj3YRjAT95q676k

I love flush deck boats!  Especially ones that look good.

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, bridhb said:

I love flush deck boats!  Especially ones that look good.

#MeToo

IMO they all look good - offhand I can't recall a really ugly flush deck boat.

I'm sure someone will now post one but they are rare, if they exist at all.

• Like 2

The boat has to be over about 40 ft to pull off a flush deck - otherwise the relatively large amount of freeboard makes them look disproportionate IMO.

And keep in mind boats like Cascade (not sure if you would call that flush deck and she had a lot of other ugliness inherent in her design) - or the flat top Cal 40 (I think maybe one was built - White Squall?)  Although even that doesn't look so bad - just not as nice as a standard Cal 40.

white-squall.jpg

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, 12 metre said:

The boat has to be over about 40 ft to pull off a flush deck - otherwise the relatively large amount of freeboard makes them look disproportionate IMO.

And keep in mind boats like Cascade (not sure if you would call that flush deck and she had a lot of other ugliness inherent in her design) - or the flat top Cal 40 (I think maybe one was built - White Squall?)  Although even that doesn't look so bad - just not as nice as a standard Cal 40.

white-squall.jpg

Cascade and that Cal 40 were what is called "raised deck" boats - different than a true flush deck - the break in the sheer at the cockpit has to be handled well or they can be ugly.

The smaller Cal "flat tops" were some of my favourites but it didn't work as well on the 40.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Hmmmm - 23K for an obscure  Mini Tonner or 24K for a few headsails for a PJ Peterson Two Tonner?

Decisions, decisions.

FIFY.  The mini-tonner will be cheap to run, but the two-tonner will eat boat bucks like it has worms.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

FIFY.  The mini-tonner will be cheap to run, but the two-tonner will eat boat bucks like it has worms.

True. Regarding another subject "obscure" minitonner. I found some info about another minitonner by the same designer (Georg Nissen) Knininspri: "she is designed 3 years after Nissen's miniton cup winner Knininspri:", see: https://www.boatdesign.net/threads/old-quarter-tonners-magic-bus.24492/page-55?fbclid=IwAR0yQ5Icq2vokqxuJC_b5Y95deBCjudfOGJIpiVSnYQEf8WSRreMSS3jXjk

"Mini Ton Cup listing as requested:
1976, Phélipon, L’Effraie, La Rochelle(FRA), Patrick Phélipon/, "mini ton cup" cat-rigged all bullets!
1976, van de Stadt, Oceaan 2, Lymington(GBR),Cees van Tongeren/, "1/8 ton cup" 9th in MTC-76
1977, Berret, Jaunac, La Rochelle(FRA), Eric Ancelle/A Lathioor/M Margoux
1978, F/M/N, Wahoo, Cala Galera(ITA), Hubert Raudaschl/Nevuscheller/Prokes, first ORC-sanctioned Mini Ton Cup
1979, F/M/N, Wahoo, Estartit(ESP), Titziano Nava/Claudio Maletto/Musetti
1980, Kelly, Mr. Bill’s Dog, Edinborough(GBR), Mike Braney/
1981, F/M/N, Gullisara, Langen Hagen-Bodensee(GER), Titziano Nava/
1982, F/M/N, Gullisara, Marstrand(SWE), Titziano Nava/Carlo Parodi/Stefano Parodi
1983, Nissen, Kninispri, Saint Raphaël(FRA),
1984, F/M/N, Ligulè, Korfu(GRE), Fabrizio Baudo/
1985, F/M/N, Creola, Hankø(NOR), Marco Pomi/Erminio Bianchi Bazzi/Paolo Brasca
1986, Amble, Witchie, Gargnano-Lago di Garda(ITA), Christen With/Erik Otterstad/Audun Goksøyr
1987, F/M/N, Mannaggia, Medemblik(NED), Titziano Nava/Rolf Schlaefer/Giovanni Cugini
1988, Amble, For Sale, Varberg(SWE), Knut Berg-Jacobsen/Espen Guttormsen/Olaf Lofstad
1989, F/M/N, Ligulè Hi-Tech, Cascais(POR), Flavio Favini/Fabrizio Baudo/, first(86) all-out carb/nomex MT
1990, F/M/N, G.G.G., Åsgårdsstrand(NOR), Enrico Passoni/Alessandro Gaoso/Pierpaolo Bonetti/Alessandra Gaoso, the ultimate carb/nomex/titanium MT
1991, Thessaloniki(GRE), no races
1992, F/M/N, G.G.G., Chioggia(ITA), Giovanni Cassinari/Alessandro Gaoso/Stefano Garré/Alessandra Gaoso

F/M/N=Fontana/Maletto/Navone
1976-77 there was a debate between GBR/FRA on whether to apply further constraints to the IOR-rule. Mainly width and CGF.
From 1978 a limit on Bmax of 2500mm was imposed (European trailer width limit).

Mini-tonners became mostly an Italian affair with another stronghold in Norway and odd boats from other countries."

Frank Falkenberg at FB: "This boat [Canterbury Export, designed by Laurie Davidson] is currently jacked up in my habour in Andijk, Netherlands. Its condition is unfortunately miserable:(" "It is in Andijk, a small village near Enkhuizen at the Ijsselmeer in the Netherlands. (It is 30 km from Amsterdam)" 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/203537404677541/posts/332575208440426

211839048_4110508905701530_184955252466355950_n.jpg

211968239_4110508552368232_929965192046995166_n.jpg

211999074_4110508065701614_7803325596784505284_n.jpg

• Like 2

Auction: “restoration We inherited this yacht with a mooring at Mooloolaba so it needs to be removed from the marina berth ASAP The yacht requires extensive timber deck repair or replacement and lots of general TLC. The good news is the yacht was fitted some time ago with a new Kuboda Diesel engine with a reconditioned gear box" "Laurie Davidson 28ft fibreglass hull yacht 1981" May be IOR, and is a Laurie Davidson design that needs TLC

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/324760833020?hash=item4b9d410bfc%3Ag%3AsP4AAOSwdQVhIHS0&fbclid=IwAR0QvzMTeh1KwXnuByPOd63yJlklWg9Fm5XEBuJHu2T5E5l6XIEB1xagN54#viTabs_0

6 hours ago, LordBooster said:

Frank Falkenberg at FB: "This boat [Canterbury Export, designed by Laurie Davidson] is currently jacked up in my habour in Andijk, Netherlands. Its condition is unfortunately miserable:(" "It is in Andijk, a small village near Enkhuizen at the Ijsselmeer in the Netherlands. (It is 30 km from Amsterdam)" 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/203537404677541/posts/332575208440426

211839048_4110508905701530_184955252466355950_n.jpg

211968239_4110508552368232_929965192046995166_n.jpg

211999074_4110508065701614_7803325596784505284_n.jpg

I remember this boat being in Howth Yacht Club in Ireland when I was a kid. Always thought it was awesome.

• Like 1

Illusion ex Heroin half-tonner from -80, designed by Ed Dubois, built by Hero Storsand

Can be yours for about 8000Euro, owner is Lars Eriksson (Lasse Eriksson): "Gotland/Visby og eier er villig til å selge til rette kjøper for beskjedne 80.000kr Båten er i god stand, ny Yanmar 2YM i 2004 og seilklar.", see: https://www.facebook.com/groups/360304181752356

166641698_4111566252201259_5557236985860863915_n.jpg

166738345_4111566135534604_4684256734053651877_n.jpg

166820840_4111566338867917_9187050311768030768_n.jpg

167135732_4111566522201232_2975817435487893227_n.jpg

167415693_4111566368867914_4815544311216488055_n.jpg

167507558_4111566448867906_1135274557543107647_n.jpg

Illusion.jpg

7 hours ago, LordBooster said:

Auction: “restoration We inherited this yacht with a mooring at Mooloolaba so it needs to be removed from the marina berth ASAP The yacht requires extensive timber deck repair or replacement and lots of general TLC. The good news is the yacht was fitted some time ago with a new Kuboda Diesel engine with a reconditioned gear box" "Laurie Davidson 28ft fibreglass hull yacht 1981" May be IOR, and is a Laurie Davidson design that needs TLC

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/324760833020?hash=item4b9d410bfc%3Ag%3AsP4AAOSwdQVhIHS0&fbclid=IwAR0QvzMTeh1KwXnuByPOd63yJlklWg9Fm5XEBuJHu2T5E5l6XIEB1xagN54#viTabs_0

Cavalier 28

• Like 2
18 hours ago, LordBooster said:

Illusion ex Heroin half-tonner from -80, designed by Ed Dubois, built by Hero Storsand

Can be yours for about 8000Euro, owner is Lars Eriksson (Lasse Eriksson): "Gotland/Visby og eier er villig til å selge til rette kjøper for beskjedne 80.000kr Båten er i god stand, ny Yanmar 2YM i 2004 og seilklar.", see: https://www.facebook.com/groups/360304181752356

166641698_4111566252201259_5557236985860863915_n.jpg

166738345_4111566135534604_4684256734053651877_n.jpg

166820840_4111566338867917_9187050311768030768_n.jpg

167135732_4111566522201232_2975817435487893227_n.jpg

167415693_4111566368867914_4815544311216488055_n.jpg

167507558_4111566448867906_1135274557543107647_n.jpg

Illusion.jpg

All these tortured stern sections make me appreciate the relatively fair run aft that my old DB-1 based Dehler 34 has.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bridhb said:

All these tortured stern sections make me appreciate the relatively fair run aft that my old DB-1 based Dehler 34 has.

You call that a tortured stern?

These are tortured sterns.

Bustle Ahead of Rudder Turbulence - Cruisers & Sailing Forumshttp://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3d_L7ZAUnlg/UfmpmKSaHjI/AAAAAAAADos/WjoylNo8AxE/s1600/Thomas+3_4+Tonner.jpg

• Like 2