START THE LIST- 2021 events that are happening...

9 minutes ago, jackolantern said:

I'll take "a thread of regattas that buy their shirts from Mark" for $200

The number of regattas buying Gaiters is actually higher than shirts these days. We feel so lucky to be swamped with orders after great companies like Annapolis Performance Sailing and many other specialty chandleries closed their doors in 2020. Many thanks to everyone who ordered products from us this year.  

• Like 2

Actually this is a thread for regattas that are currently scheduled. There is no guarantee they are going to happen, especially ones in a current hot spot. Do you really think anything scheduled for SoCal, or anywhere in California is going to happen in January, if not February as well?

19 minutes ago, sunseeker said:

Actually this is a thread for regattas that are currently scheduled. There is no guarantee they are going to happen, especially ones in a current hot spot. Do you really think anything scheduled for SoCal, or anywhere in California is going to happen in January, if not February as well?

They already canceled Mid-Winters :-(

On 12/14/2020 at 7:42 PM, mcsailor0303 said:

Hood River Yacht Club - Double Damned!

August 7th, 2021. 

NOR coming shortly...

66315731_2007456589356316_57729245124545

I've done the DD twice, both times it was the complete opposite of that picture!

It's amazing how the river gets instantly smaller and the rocks closer when you crash...

N2E 2021 is offering a cap sleeve V-neck for ladies. These are ideal for your female crew but they didn't order very many so if you are planning on doing the race and your wife, daughter, cute friends are coming along, don't wait. Order now. These WILL sell out. For clarity, you order these directly from NOSA and they already have the inventory and can ship quickly.

http://store.nosa.org/all/ladies/ladies-gildan-cotton-short-sleeve-tee2112111

Women's short sleeve.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I just don't see the Island Race in SoCal happening in early March.....   do you really think CA will be out of the stay-at-home order by then?   Looking at the hospital numbers it doesn't look likely.    

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2021 at 12:25 PM, solosailor said:

I just don't see the Island Race in SoCal happening in early March.....   do you really think CA will be out of the stay-at-home order by then?   Looking at the hospital numbers it doesn't look likely.    

Yes.  They just opened everything back up. 

On 12/15/2020 at 9:43 PM, Salona said:

Marblehead > Halifax and the Annapolis > Newport races are both on for June. 

hope it stays that way

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 10:02 AM, Jono said:

On in January in New Zealand.

Various TPs or variants of, Fast 40s Diam 24s etc. Approx 70 entries so far.

2021-Front-Page-Slider-2.jpg

We wuz there.  Surprised to get 3rd in our phrf Div E

1st 2 days not much of anything

3rd day 15 to plenty

Hot n sunny in the beautiful Bay of Islands

On 12/14/2020 at 9:51 AM, DryArmour said:

2020 was on bust after another for events. I know that the 2021 Crystal Ball may be somewhat muddy, but if you know of an event that the organizers say is definitely happening, post it here. 

I'll start with "N2E" Newport to Ensenada 2021. ENTER HERE.

N2E_2021Poster_r1-663x1024.jpg

till they resurrect the BCYC Pre-Race Party from the Tomb it's DEAD

How many Times/Way can you Split an event into segregated mini events

lesser than the local events each boat races in all year long regardless

This former event is now trying to be the once glorious  The SCYA Midwinter Regatta (RIP)

N2E Had what ROCKED IT but reinvention of reinvention and the fixing of what worked KILLED IT !!!

Yes it IS a event and it does stretch from N2E

BUT IT IS NOT THE "NEWPORT to ENSENADA" RACE by any stretch of the imagination

ALL N2E Records shall Stand Forever having related to the Past Event

I hope what is being tried will work and catch on and grow

But why not a New Event Name, it's the Only thing remaining from the Glory Days of Not Really that long ago !!

The ABOVE my Personal Feelings having been someone who LOVED the N2E for Many Many Years !!!

Apparently KEY WEST RACING IN 2022. (Series)

"The Key West Winter Series powered by Sailing Inc. will be continued and expanded in 2022. The plan is to open the event to more fleets, and offer five consecutive days of grand-prix racing in the champagne sailing conditions provided by Key West, FL.

To learn more about this year’s event and sign up to receive updates for the Key West Winter Series 2022, go to thekeywestwinterseries.com."

At the moment in The UK everything is on and everything is off..

Next week Boris is supposed to announce the programme for ending lockdown step by step. Providing virus levels drop to certain levels.

If it goes as the papers guesstimate, we should have a limited in numbers who can attend programme at my sailing club to start in April. With reducing restrictions meaning the club hopes to run a full 3 Rivers Race, 5-6th June http://www.3rr.uk

And a full regatta week 31st july -6th August. https://www.horning-sailing.club/sailing-calendar/

On 1/27/2021 at 4:03 PM, sunseeker said:

NHYC Cabo Race.  But will it really happen?

Yes yes it will and Islands Race same month

N2E rocked when it started on Thursday, arrived on friday. 550 boats - at one point they had 125 boats finish in 5 minutes on one line without trackers!! - then we partied until trophies saturday after noon and on into Sunday morning when you ran out of town to beat the border traffic

That rocked. Until the saturday happened to be Cinco de Mayo and you had - the sailors (and hangeroners), the gringos down for Cindo, and the biker gangs down for Cinco. To say the least, it ended badly (well, it was wild fun before it ended badly). Then they moved it off of Cinco de Mayo, move the start to friday, the drug wars in mexico started, etc. Thats when it started to go down hill.

6 minutes ago, DarkHorse said:

N2E rocked when it started on Thursday, arrived on friday. 550 boats - at one point they had 125 boats finish in 5 minutes on one line without trackers!! - then we partied until trophies saturday after noon and on into Sunday morning when you ran out of town to beat the border traffic

That rocked. Until the saturday happened to be Cinco de Mayo and you had - the sailors (and hangeroners), the gringos down for Cindo, and the biker gangs down for Cinco. To say the least, it ended badly (well, it was wild fun before it ended badly). Then they moved it off of Cinco de Mayo, move the start to friday, the drug wars in mexico started, etc. Thats when it started to go down hill.

Any word on the Donkey that stood on the lawn in front of the trophy presentation stage ?

On 2/10/2021 at 10:50 AM, DA-WOODY said:

till they resurrect the BCYC Pre-Race Party from the Tomb it's DEAD

How many Times/Way can you Split an event into segregated mini events

lesser than the local events each boat races in all year long regardless

This former event is now trying to be the once glorious  The SCYA Midwinter Regatta (RIP)

N2E Had what ROCKED IT but reinvention of reinvention and the fixing of what worked KILLED IT !!!

Yes it IS a event and it does stretch from N2E

BUT IT IS NOT THE "NEWPORT to ENSENADA" RACE by any stretch of the imagination

ALL N2E Records shall Stand Forever having related to the Past Event

I hope what is being tried will work and catch on and grow

But why not a New Event Name, it's the Only thing remaining from the Glory Days of Not Really that long ago !!

The ABOVE my Personal Feelings having been someone who LOVED the N2E for Many Many Years !!!

Yes,yes. You miss perving on the NB cougars.  Give it a rest. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The SNIPES are back! 

US National Championships

SAVE THE DATE! JUNE 16-20 2021 AT SSA.

• Racing June 17-20, 2021; Registration/Measurement June 16
  • NOR will be published on or before April 15, 2021

2021-snipe-nationals-save-the-date.png?w

Figawi - split format this year, two bay races around the sound on Saturday and Sunday Memorial day weekend. (No Nantucket this year)

New Bedford Yacht Club - Whalers Race 105 miles around BI, third week in June. 

Edgartown Yacht Club Race weekend - bouy racing July 22 and 23rd, RTI race on the 24th.

Buzzards Bay Regatta - August 6-8 (distance race on the 6th, buoy racing on 7th and 8th.)

48 minutes ago, Squalamax said:

Figawi - split format this year, two bay races around the sound on Saturday and Sunday Memorial day weekend. (No Nantucket this year)

New Bedford Yacht Club - Whalers Race 105 miles around BI, third week in June. 

Edgartown Yacht Club Race weekend - bouy racing July 22 and 23rd, RTI race on the 24th.

Buzzards Bay Regatta - August 6-8 (distance race on the 6th, buoy racing on 7th and 8th.)

The distance races sound like fun.

Just finished my second to last WxRace routing package for today's sleigh ride to CABO. Having the buoys offline for almost ten days really jacked up the west coast data. All is falling back into place now. Many thanks to the teams that chose my routing. I think you will have a distinct advantage over boats just relying on Expedition. Be safe, stay aboard, and enjoy the ride. This will be the kind of race we all hope for as offshore racers.

CABO 2021 RACE MAR 19.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 12/14/2020 at 5:27 PM, Senator Seditious Maximus said:

Haha. Zero replies. Crickets. Hate to shit on your thread but zilch, nada. It's 2020 + 1, that's all.

Except it isn't...Lots of venues are now open and events are coming back in droves. Let's flip the question now that there are more events happening than not.  Are there any events not happening after July 1 in the USA due to covid 19?

22 minutes ago, Benytoe said:

this is more of we are selling race shirts then what races are happening

You didn't read through the thread, did you? 

2 hours ago, Benytoe said:

this is more of we are selling race shirts then what races are happening

Dude,

Dry Armour contributes more to this site than anyone else!

The last thing the guy is doing is trying to sell shirts when he's involved on a thread

Give it a break 

On 1/27/2021 at 11:29 PM, Bump-n-Grind said:

hope it stays that way

and....

no.... race to Halifax gone... OA is rerouting around some island in Maine and back to Marblehead... 

if they finished in Maine, we'd do it.. but don't need another race to nowhere :(

14 hours ago, SUbsailor said:

TRANSPAC is on state approved the Covid protocol submitted by TPYC. 

That is great news. Hopefully the trends continue and there will be some sort of gathering allowed for trophies and wrap up dinner. 

Here on Lake Erie...

Mills Trophy Race: 2021 Invitational Mills Trophy Race on Yacht Scoring

Cleveland Race Week One Design: 2021 Cleveland Race Week

Cleveland Race Week Offshore: 2021 Cleveland Race Week

I-LYA Bay Week Regatta:  2021 I-LYA Bayweek Regatta & Formula Wave Class Nationals

Sandusky Islands Race / Leukemia Cup Regatta: 2021 Sandusky Islands Race & Leukemia Cup

Also notable and still happening

2021 Interlake Nationals

I-LYA Opti Championship

Fall One Design Regatta/Thistle District Championship

More info at: Sandusky Sailing Club Regattas

• Like 1