Mayor Pete for Transportation Sec

13 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Dunno. Seems that Mayor Pete’s considerable talents could be better used in a higher visibility position

I'm good. It's a Cabinet position. The only thing higher is top Cabinet: Defense, Treasure, Justice. It's considerably better than Ambassador to China.

15 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

There could be some serious money flowing through DOT if Infrastructure Week ever gets here. 

CNN said that is exactly why...  Bidens infrastructure plan needs someone in there that can get shit done.  Me thinks he be the guy...  

11 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

I'm good. It's a Cabinet position. The only thing higher is top Cabinet: Defense, Treasure, Justice. It's considerably better than Ambassador to China.

Not that I’m not good with it.  Why not HUD? Former Mayor.  The place sure could use a morale boost after Carson. Dept. manages programs that benefit poorer folks, and people who might be able to be drawn from the dark side (aka Trump supporters).  But I will happily yield to the collective wisdom of my brethren.

12 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Not that I’m not good with it.  Why not HUD? Former Mayor.  The place sure could use a morale boost after Carson. Dept. manages programs that benefit poorer folks, and people who might be able to be drawn from the dark side (aka Trump supporters).  But I will happily yield to the collective wisdom of my brethren.

Biden can't let him be too successful until the second term, getting too successful in the first term makes him a competitor in 2024. I would have liked him for Ambassador to China.

5 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Biden can't let him be too successful until the second term, getting too successful in the first term makes him a competitor in 2024. I would have liked him for Ambassador to China.

No 2nd term for Biden but I bet VPOTUS Harris sees Pete as a legit threat.

Just now, Ease the sheet. said:

A Kamala and Pete ticket is pretty strong.

Indeed it is and the bonus is that it would cause much of the right wing to have a massive coronary. 

53 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I seriously doubt Biden is going to go it again.  Harris Pete 2024...  So Pete nailing any infrastructure package will be a feather in his cap that will sway a # of the underemployed as they will not be working at Starbucks or driving Uber.  The ones with degrees (My Kid and a shit load that just graduated or have been working crap jobs to get by over the last few yrs.) or some education will be the  beneficiaries. They will be working on the road crew or in tech or management or whatever..... Youngins will benefit Bigley and they will VOTE next time around.....  

Edit: IF they can get a package through.  

24 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

Vegas puts him at 2 years...  maybe sooner if they get serious about investigating Hunter Biden...

3  -  2  -  1 Bad Latitude, you're up

I can see that, but I don't think the Dem Heavyweights want this, they want 4 and a decent transition if they can keep their shit together.  If they lose the house in the midterms he will be out, but if we get the senate and keep it, well.....  That is the endgame... If that happens, my optimism kicks in and we may actually get some shit done and you maybe, just maybe you get Pete Bernie V  Warren Harris.  Wanna see heads explode...  LOL

6 minutes ago, shaggy said:

I seriously doubt Biden is going to go it again.  Harris Pete 2024...  So Pete nailing any infrastructure package will be a feather in his cap that will sway a # of the underemployed as they will not be working at Starbucks or driving Uber.  The ones with degrees (My Kid and a shit load that just graduated or have been working crap jobs to get by over the last few yrs.) or some education will be the  beneficiaries. They will be working on the road crew or in tech or management or whatever..... Youngins will benefit Bigley and they will VOTE next time around.....  

Edit: IF they can get a package through.  

Strategically that package needs to be before Congress well before the 2022 mid-terms.  Historically POTUS’ party loses seats in the mid-terms.  So even if they win both GA races they may well become the minority party in both Houses come 2022.

If they don’t win GA they still need to bring it forward.  Moscow Mitch won’t do anything with it and the Dems can use it as a campaign point in 2022.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, nacradriver said:

Vegas puts him at 2 years...  maybe sooner if they get serious about investigating Hunter Biden...

Cite please.  Is the 2years from an actuarial table?  I'll bet Biden outlives 'perfect health' Trump.  I don't remember Hunter Biden on the ballot.

Trump seems to be taking his defeat better than you are.

Trains? 
I’m curious how the mayor of a minor city is qualified to be in charge of transportation?  I doubt Southbend has any kind of meaningful transportation system outside a shuttle bus system to Notre Dame.  Not saying he isn’t a smart guy, but I would have thought there would be a better fit for him. 

6 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Trains? 
I’m curious how the mayor of a minor city is qualified to be in charge of transportation?  I doubt Southbend has any kind of meaningful transportation system outside a shuttle bus system to Notre Dame.  Not saying he isn’t a smart guy, but I would have thought there would be a better fit for him. 

A neurosurgeon in charge of HUD?  Fuck off!

1 minute ago, Cal20sailor said:

A neurosurgeon in charge of HUD?  Fuck off!

Fuck off yourself.  You guys hated every one of Trump’s picks.  I simply asked if there would have been a better spot for Pete.  I mean as mayor of the fourth largest city .... in Indiana I’m sure he has major qualifications to run the entire transportation department of the US. 

31 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Fuck off yourself.  You guys hated every one of Trump’s picks.  I simply asked if there would have been a better spot for Pete.  I mean as mayor of the fourth largest city .... in Indiana I’m sure he has major qualifications to run the entire transportation department of the US. 

Your right.

What would a public servant know about public service?

10 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Your right.

What would a public servant know about public service?

Your right as the mayor of a small town with a 358 million dollar budget  is completely and absolutely  qualified to run the federal transportation department whose budget is 72 billion 
carry on. 

4 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Your right as the mayor of a small town he is completely and absolutely  qualified to run the federal transportation department. 
carry on. 

I wonder if Pete had to take a loyalty oath?

Just now, Cal20sailor said:

I wonder if Pete had to take a loyalty pledge?

Why?  Did you think that was a good thing?  You keep pointing out problems you had with Trump appointments.  Not sure why you want to apply those standards to a Biden cabinet.  

2 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Why?  Did you think that was a good thing?  You keep pointing out problems you had with Trump appointments.  Not sure why you want to apply those standards to a Biden cabinet.  

I thought Trump was a clown and predicted his four years would be a circus.  Time to get adults back in control.

13 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Trump had problems with them too. He fired all of them several times in only <4 years.  

35 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Your right as the mayor of a small town with a 358 million dollar budget  is completely and absolutely  qualified to run the federal transportation department whose budget is 72 billion 
carry on. 

You say that like you really care about experience and qualifications.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, The Joker said:

carry on. 

The current Secretary of Transportation is Putin's bitch's bitch. How's that infrastructure week coming along?

5 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

To what standard does Pete need to work to?

His own.

Intelligent, educated, a serious work ethic, a proven team manager/leader, both in combat and running his city. A man with not a whisper of criminal/stupid/sleazy/nasty behavior ever. Decorated war hero. Happily married, and his husband is an equally solid citizen and achiever.

Other pluses include not being a Party hack of long standing and being under 65 years old. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Happy said:

His own.

Intelligent, educated, a serious work ethic, a proven team manager/leader, both in combat and running his city. A man with not a whisper of criminal/stupid/sleazy/nasty behavior ever. Decorated war hero. Happily married, and his husband is an equally solid citizen and achiever.

Other pluses include not being a Party hack of long standing and being under 65 years old. 

Fuck right off with your reason and open-mindedness.

I hate agreeing with anybody in this shit hole.

I need a fucking shower.

9 hours ago, The Joker said:

I'm not one of "you guys" and I didn't "hate" Trump's picks at all... they were inappropriate and most of them were doing the job for personal enrichment. For example, Mick Mulvaney took the Federal Consumer Credit Protection Bureau, which stopped bank fraud against citizens, and reversed it so that it helped bank rip off their customers. Rick Perry took over the Dept of Energy and used the position to enrich himself, while denying publicly that DoE is in charge of nuclear material.... he was ignorant of one of his dept's MOST IMPORTANT jobs, how could he possibly be competent?

Then there's Betsy DeVos, who makes a fortune raking in student loans, who was ordered by a court to stop illegally dunning past students for payments, and she ignored that court order.

Just scratching the surface here. Mnuchin? Chris Kobach? etc etc etc

Yes, in all, a fine crew. You should be proud of them.

- DSK

1 hour ago, shaggy said:

So can he just pardon his whole fucking cabinet??  Curious how NDA's come into play...  

That's an interesting question. When Caspar Weinberger was pardoned in the middle of a trial, no one took it to the Supreme Court, perhaps they should have. Courts have always considered crime the ultimate evil, making the Supreme Court excuse and cover up crime may be going too far for even them. The more Trump expands his pardon list, the easier for the SC to declare that was not the Founders intent.