What in the actual fuck is it with shower heads?

crazee, wack mutherfucker likes it high-flow, like his goldenshowerz. because on a planet of ever more finite 'resources' and susceptibility to human shortsightedness, fuck conservation, it's time to 'take'. 

fkg bloody 'righties'... ...

It's one his last mighty efforts for MAGA, Freedom etc.

"Fuck saving water! Fuck your pussy little libral showerheads! Fuck your feelings! I'm American, if I want a fucking huge shower I'll have one!"

Without a shadow of a doubt, someone with a big investment in, or holding big stocks of hi-flo showerheads, made a discreet donation to the We Wuz Robbed Fund.

Probably cheaper than a pardon. Word is to wait till January, pardons are going to get real cheap and real easy then.

so if you have the money to pay a plumber and shower size to put in 2 more shower heads you can still comply with water conservation measures

i wonder who gains from that legislation

13 hours ago, phill_nz said:

so if you have the money to pay a plumber and shower size to put in 2 more shower heads you can still comply with water conservation measures

If you're stupid.

Otherwise, just pull the little plastic flow restricter out of the head.

12 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

If you're stupid.

Otherwise, just pull the little plastic flow restricter out of the head.

The new showerhead rule goes after the two-and-a-half-gallon-per-minute maximum flow rate set by Congress in the 1990s. Under current federal law, each showerhead in a fixture counts toward that limit collectively -- but the Energy Department's new rule means each showerhead individually can reach the limit set by Congress.

yes .. but that's not legal .. having more than one head in the shower means you can go to the max on each one and stay legal

its simply a law change to advantage those that can afford to circumvent restrictions .. and fuk the environment .. we are rich we deserve to be able to do anything we want

3 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

Might be necessary if someone's diet is just Big Macs, Filet-o-Fish and Diet Coke.  Just saying...

I dunno about that - IIRC the last time I ate a Big Mac (12 years ago) I didn't take a dump for 2 or 3 days.

There actually are options for effective shower heads... ie ones that get you plenty wet and disperse water over the area you want to "shower"... that are much more efficient in their use of water. They're not even much more expensive. Buckminster Fuller designed the atomizer 'fogger' spigot back in the 1940s for areas that had limited water available.

Nobody has paid any attention yet, probably because water is so cheap that people would rather brag about cheating on rules to conserve it, than actually conserve it. Or at least, that seems to be the thinking process any time people are not actively complaining about their water bill.

- DSK

17 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Nupe. Like magic they will just disappear. 

LOL.  I mean, I know it's an industry that he's probably grifting but isn't this a weird hill to die on??  Won't all his water bills go up in his hotels and the tower?  Can't he just have one fabricated if it really is just for him?  Is this a national issue that any of us have thought about except the occasional time we stay in a shitty hotel and then forget 5 minutes later?  This one just boggles the mind.  In his last month in office?  Maybe Dog is an expert in this subject too and can enlighten us.

15 hours ago, Grog said:

Hah!

'tis nuffin! Wait for the high flow toilets! 28 gallons a shot!

Suction will be so awesome that it will just pull the shit right out of you.  No effort on your part.

Not sure Trump worries too much about toilet volume. When you shit in a diaper, who cares about gpm. The shower, however, is a big deal. To wash out the doo-doo butter from his giant ass crack probably take some serious hydraulic pressure.

8 hours ago, Rain Man said:

Might be necessary if someone's diet is just Big Macs, Filet-o-Fish and Diet Coke.  Just saying...

Sure enough! Expect something very hugely big coming since he has been on this flushing business for more than a year:

Trump claims Americans have to flush the toilet '10 times, 15 times, as opposed to once' [CNN]

7 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

Suction will be so awesome that it will just pull the shit right out of you.  No effort on your part.

Pictures from Alien: Resurrection come to mind ... not posting any pics, because Yuck!

14 hours ago, bhyde said:

Not sure Trump worries too much about toilet volume. When you shit in a diaper, who cares about gpm. The shower, however, is a big deal. To wash out the doo-doo butter from his giant ass crack probably take some serious hydraulic pressure.

As does cleaning off the orange goo on his face.   

20 hours ago, phill_nz said:

yes .. but that's not legal .. having more than one head in the shower means you can go to the max on each one and stay legal

its simply a law change to advantage those that can afford to circumvent restrictions .. and fuk the environment .. we are rich we deserve to be able to do anything we want

While they are grabbing your guns, they'll get your modified showerhead and led lights.

On 12/16/2020 at 7:41 PM, SloopJonB said:

I dunno about that - IIRC the last time I ate a Big Mac (12 years ago) I didn't take a dump for 2 or 3 days.

Last time I had one I barely made it back to the motel room before my guts exploded. There's a reason they call it "Fast food". And yes, that's why I hadn't eaten a McD. or BK or Wendy's type food since 1985 before I was compelled to in 2015. Foul stuff.... The fries used to be good, but now they're all either under cooked, or burnt to a leathery jerky like consistency.

Even my glutenous dog wouldn't eat the leftover burger and fries I left out for him....

On 12/16/2020 at 12:18 AM, roundthebuoys said:

This is how he's spending his final days?  You Trump people are so fucking weird.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/15/politics/showerhead-standards-trump/index.html 

Perhaps the problem is that Trump doesn't do any maintenance on any of his buildings.

Trump:

"You turn on the faucet and you don't get any water. They take a shower and water comes dripping out. Just dripping out, very quietly dripping out," the President continued, lowering his voice as he spoke about the drips.
"People are flushing toilets 10 times, 15 times, as opposed to once."
On 12/18/2020 at 9:00 AM, Grrr... said:

Perhaps the problem is that Trump doesn't do any maintenance on any of his buildings.

Trump:

"You turn on the faucet and you don't get any water. They take a shower and water comes dripping out. Just dripping out, very quietly dripping out," the President continued, lowering his voice as he spoke about the drips.

"Only took two to flush you." 

On 12/18/2020 at 9:00 AM, Grrr... said:

Trump:

I sincerely hope that when this shitstain of a boil on our ass dies (sooner rather than later, me hopes) that scientists are able to study his brain.  I would really love to know if there was a medical condition that caused his obvious state of being fucked up.  There's just no other explanation for some most of his behavior.  

Oh and edit to add...... we will ALL get to have one last big flush of the toilet on the afternoon of 1/20/20.  Just saying......

1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

I sincerely hope that when this shitstain of a boil on our ass dies (sooner rather than later, me hopes) that scientists are able to study his brain.  I would really love to know if there was a medical condition that caused his obvious state of being fucked up.  There's just no other explanation for some most of his behavior.  

Oh and edit to add...... we will ALL get to have one last big flush of the toilet on the afternoon of 1/20/20.  Just saying......

This is not a trivial area to study, regardless the political stuff ...

Some low-flow toilets DO take multiple flushes, and end up using more water than the old-tech toilets. In some cases, the 1.5x volume does a better job of clearing the bowl than 2 flushes of the low-flow toilets. Showers are even more difficult, and it seems that low-flow showers don't encourage long-showers like those skin-pounding high-flow showers, as many people with shipboard desalination units know.

Some of the most earnest, heart-thumping environmentalists turn out to be just as anti-scientific as Trump, because horse-sense often fails for non-horse related issues.

On 12/17/2020 at 4:15 AM, Grog said:

Sure enough! Expect something very hugely big coming since he has been on this flushing business for more than a year:

Trump claims Americans have to flush the toilet '10 times, 15 times, as opposed to once' [CNN]

Pictures from Alien: Resurrection come to mind ... not posting any pics, because Yuck!

On 12/16/2020 at 5:01 AM, Grog said:

Hah!

'tis nuffin! Wait for the high flow toilets! 28 gallons a shot!

I had a rental with a 1920’s commode, complete with five gallon tank bolted to the wall.    That fucker never plugged once.   I even put it back when I remodeled the room.     Then a drunk boyfriend fell on it.   Bitch got a low flow efficiency model as punishment, and a plunger.   

54 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

WHO CARES??  The President of the United States of America should not now and not ever talk about the water flow of a toilet or shower head ever.  Especially as a matter of policy over and over again.  For the love of fuck.

I have it on good authority that once the shower situation is squared away, he's going after the number of peanuts in crackerjack.  

25 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Godfather style?  Could you tape a handgun to the back of the tank?

No it was a little newer.   The porcelain tank bolted flush to the wall, no room for a gun.   There was a short chrome pipe that dumped into the bowl.   The room also had a claw foot tub and one of those old sinks with separate hot and cold faucets so people had to fill the basin with both hot and cold to wash.  The horse hair plaster was scratched with a fake tile pattern, spoilt by many layers of paint,    I pulled the rotten oak floor, leveled it with backer board and thin set.   I tiled the lower walls in white with black trim and the floor with a pattern of small black and white tiles.    It was vintage cool looking.    I also sistered new wood to the floor joist under the tub.   When they added plumbing to the house they used a drum trap and notched the joist supporting two of the tub’s legs to fit the trap under the floor.   Half a claw foot tub was literally held up by a joist two inches deep for 80 years!    The photos aren’t mine but give the idea.   I wish all this info was online when I did that job.

1F4011C1-EA63-437B-814B-728CF7BCE5D9.jpeg

28753E65-7D6E-4D47-BCF6-17BDC4C644D7.jpeg

4A841A52-C1EC-42B4-9AAE-5E9973C97225.jpeg

1 minute ago, longy said:

Increasing the vertical fall of the flush water increases the suction generated. Even that 4-5" helps a lot

Exactly.    Add a tank that predated the 3.4 gallon standard and it would flush pads, illegal drugs, whatever the tenant’s daughter needed to dispose of.   

3 minutes ago, Lark said:

Exactly.    Add a tank that predated the 3.4 gallon standard and it would flush pads, illegal drugs, whatever the tenant’s daughter needed to dispose of.   

Arms and legs took a lot of work, but heads were just impossible.

• Like 1

And now, this...  Executive order today that all Government buildings going forward must be "beautiful" according to Trump.

https://www.kxan.com/news/washington-dc/trump-order-federal-buildings-should-only-be-beautiful-and-classical-modern-architecture-style-brutalism-prohibited/ 

Republicans are weird as fuck.

2 hours ago, roundthebuoys said:

And now, this...  Executive order today that all Government buildings going forward must be "beautiful" according to Trump.

https://www.kxan.com/news/washington-dc/trump-order-federal-buildings-should-only-be-beautiful-and-classical-modern-architecture-style-brutalism-prohibited/ 

Who gives a shit what he says now?

Everything changes in a month - the USA reverts to sane government.

3 hours ago, roundthebuoys said:

What the fuck.

That broke my brain. How is that not satire? Is it satire?

What

The

Fuck

3 hours ago, roundthebuoys said:

Does anyone else remember when the GOP was against regulations?