Jump to content

Source Of Fraud In 2020 Election Is Ron Johnson


Recommended Posts

From WaPo

We’ve finally identified the source of fraud in the 2020 election. It’s Ron Johnson.

by Dana Milbank

Finally, significant fraud has been identified in the 2020 election. It is being perpetrated by Sen. Ron Johnson, Republican of Wisconsin.

President Trump lost the election. He lost the recounts. He lost the vote certifications, by Republican and Democratic officials alike. He lost 59 of 60 court cases. He lost the electoral college vote. His own attorney general said “we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome.”

But Johnson forges ahead with his fraudulent attempt to undermine the election — and the credibility of elections in the United States generally.

Though passively admitting “the conclusion has collectively been reached” that any fraud was too small to reverse President-elect Joe Biden’s win, Johnson then spent nearly four hours in a hearing Wednesday trying to suggest otherwise.

“There was fraud in this election,” Johnson said. “I don’t have any doubt about that.” He went on at length about alleged “irregularities,” including “violations of election laws,” “fraudulent votes and ballot stuffing,” and “corruption of voting machines and software.” He insisted that “many of these irregularities raise legitimate concerns.”

Johnson, you may recall, used his chairmanship of the Senate Homeland Security Committee last month to promote the long-discredited quackery that hydroxychloroquine cures the coronavirus. He used Wednesday’s hearing, mercifully his last as chairman, to mention “the Russian collusion hoax,” “censorship” of conservatives, “financial entanglements of the Biden family,” Hillary Clinton and the Steele dossier.

Other Republicans on the panel echoed the election-fraud alarm.

“The election in many ways was stolen,” announced Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.).

Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.) said his constituents think the election outcome is no “different than what Maduro is doing” in Venezuela’s dictatorship. (Trump won Florida.)

Sen. Josh Hawley (Mo.) said his constituents felt “disenfranchised” and that “the election had been rigged.” (Trump won Missouri.)

Johnson, though, lost all restraint. He accused the ranking Democrat, Sen. Gary Peters (Mich.), of leaking “a false intelligence product” about his attacks on Hunter Biden echoing Russian disinformation.

When Peters tried to respond, Johnson interrupted: “You lied! … Outright lie! … I told you to stop lying!”

Peters replied, civilly, “Mr. Chairman, this is not about airing your grievances. I don't know what rabbit hole you're running down.”

Johnson gaveled down his colleague.

Perhaps it was inevitable things would come to this. The Trump presidency began with “alternative facts.” It’s ending with Trump aide Stephen Miller fantasizing about “alternate" electors replacing the real ones. And Trump’s congressional cheerleaders have taken up residence in an alternate reality.

Johnson kept announcing that his attempt to discredit democracy is perfectly healthy for democracy. “I don’t see anything dangerous about evaluating information,” he said. “Nothing dangerous about that, whatsoever.” And: “This is not a dangerous hearing; this is an incredibly important and crucial hearing.” And: “This hearing is not dangerous. What would be dangerous is not discussing this.”

Protest too much?

Christopher Krebs, the former head of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency — whom Trump sacked after the Department of Homeland Security called this election “the most secure in American history” — urged his fellow Republicans to stop the disinformation, which has led to death threats against him and elections officials around the country.

“This is not the America I recognize, and it’s got to stop,” he testified. “I would appreciate more support from my own party, the Republican Party, to call this stuff out and end it.”

If that weren’t clear enough, Krebs added this: “Democracy in general is fragile. … If a party fails to participate in the process and instead undermines the process, we risk losing that democracy.”

But Johnson kept undermining.

He had Ken Starr there to pronounce a “clear violation of the law.”

He had Francis Ryan, a Trump ally from Pennsylvania, there to call the election “fraught with inconsistencies and irregularities,” the safeguards “underminded” (sic).

Johnson had James Troupis, a Trump lawyer in his Wisconsin case, testify about votes “clearly invalid under the law.”

Asked Johnson: “Biden won our state by about 20,000 votes?”

“Correct,” Troupis replied.

Asked Johnson: “And you’re talking about over 200,000 … if the law would have been followed, probably shouldn’t have been counted?”

“Correct,” Troupis replied.

Johnson also had in Jesse Binnall, a lawyer for Trump in Nevada, who gesticulated madly and alleged that 1,500 dead people and 4,000 non-citizens voted, part of “130,000 unique instances of voter fraud.”

Johnson asked Binnall to explain why the Nevada Supreme Court rejected his claims. “They never took a good, hard list (sic) at the hard evidence,” the lawyer complained.

Or maybe he had no case?

The Republicans displayed a distinct lack of self-awareness as they wondered aloud why most Trump voters believe there was fraud. “We have a problem, a very serious problem,” Johnson said. “We have to work together to fix it, to restore the confidence.”

Shorter version: You’ll have to clean up this mess I made.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

Has he declined, or has he always come across as being an idiot?

Both.  He has always been bad but all that time in DC seems to have made him worse.  Here’s a taste of his mental acumen from when he was first running for the Senate.

“Sunspots are behind climate change, Johnson says”

https://archive.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/100814454.html/

How he beat Russ Feingold twice I will never understand .  Of course when he first ran it was at the height of the Tea Party insanity.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...

Speaking of Johnson and elections....

Wisconsin Republican Sen. Ron Johnson will seek reelection

Republican U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, one of former President Donald Trump’s biggest backers, announced Sunday that he will seek reelection in the battleground state, breaking his promise not to seek a third term.

Link to post
Share on other sites

‘When QAnon and the Tea Party have a baby’: Ron Johnson will run again for US Senate

A Wisconsin Democrat, Ben Nuckels, said: “Ron Johnson is what you get when QAnon and the Tea Party have a baby. And I hope that he does run. His candidacy makes the race far more competitive for Democrats. If Republicans want to see him run, I’ll agree with them on that.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2020 at 2:00 PM, jerseyguy said:

And now you know why, in Wisconsin, he is referred to as (mo) Ron Johnson.

If we’d been given a better alternative to Tammy Baldwin, this wouldn’t be an issue. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Monkey said:

If we’d been given a better alternative to Tammy Baldwin, this wouldn’t be an issue. 

Can you explain what you mean.  What does Baldwin have to do with Johnson or his electability?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

Can you explain what you mean.  What does Baldwin have to do with Johnson or his electability?

My mistake. I mixed up elections. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Monkey said:

My mistake. I mixed up elections. 

Gotcha. But from my view, Feingold on his worst day was/is better than Johnson in his best.  But Johnson’s timing was perfect. A political unknown and a “businessman” not a politician (the back story about his father-in-law being his company’s only customer seemed to have little impact. I guess everyone wishes he could marry the boss’ daughter). And he ran when the Tea Party was at its peak. Like I said, perfect timing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Coupla days back some here were drumming up contributions for any opponent to MTG which is a total waste. This is where disposable income should be spent. This is a huge opening for Ds. We need that Senate seat.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ron Johnson Wasn’t Always Like This. The Trump Years Broke Him.

Freedom lovers, rejoice! After much agonizing, Senator Ron Johnson, the Wisconsin Republican, has decided that he will be deferring the joys of retirement to run for a third term this year.

This may not strike some folks as big news. After all, Mr. Johnson is a spring chicken by Senate standards — a spry 66 years old in a chamber that all too often resembles an assisted living facility. But Mr. Johnson, a former plastics executive who rode to power in 2010 on the Tea Party wave of anti-establishment energy, repeatedly pledged to serve only two terms in the swamp.

Like so many citizen legislators before him, however, Mr. Johnson says he failed to anticipate just how desperately Wisconsin voters — nay, the entire nation — would need him at this moment.

“America is in peril,” he declared in an essay in The Wall Street Journal on Sunday. Out-of-control Democrats, aided by media and tech elites, are luring the nation down the path to “tyranny,” he warned. “Countless” concerned citizens implored him to keep up his “fight for freedom,” he noted, “to be their voice, to speak plain and obvious truths other elected leaders shirk from expressing.” What choice does he have but to soldier on?

Claims of national crisis and delusions of indispensability are standard among lawmakers looking to justify abandoning their term-limit pledges. But Mr. Johnson is correct that he has distinguished himself for his willingness to tread where many other officials dare not, at least in the Senate. He has becomeknown as perhaps the chamber’s foremost spreader of absurd yet dangerous conspiracy theories — especially in the areas of anti-vaccine insanity and the election-fraud delusions of a certain former president.

So it is worth drilling down on what sort of “truth” and “freedom” Mr. Johnson is fighting for — and why it would be good news, not merely for Democrats but for all Americans, if he could get his butt whooped in November.

To clarify, Mr. Johnson’s attraction to conspiracy nonsense predates Donald Trump’s lies about the 2020 vote. In the run-up to the election, he used his position as the chairman of the Homeland Security Committee to investigate (read: amplify) unfounded claims about Ukraine and the Biden family that echoed a Russian disinformation campaign. Even his Republican colleagues expressed concern that the inquiry could wind up helping the Kremlin sow discord. The month before his committee released its report, Mr. Johnson received a “defensive briefing” from the F.B.I.warning that he was the target of Russian disinformation — which he said he dismissed because it was too vague and he suspected it of being a political ploy.

Postelection, Mr. Johnson has ardently embraced the Big Lie that the presidency was stolen. Before Democrats assumed control of the Senate, he convened a hearing on the topic. The horrors of Jan. 6 failed to dim his ardor for disinformation. He has both pooh-poohed the seriousness of the attack and indulged wing-nut theories that the violence was the work of “agents provocateurs,” “antifa” and “fake Trump protesters.” He voiced suspicions that the House speaker, Nancy Pelosi, was to blame.

More recently, Mr. Johnson has claimed that the Democrats cannot be trusted — because, you know, election fraud — and urgedWisconsin’s Republican-controlled Legislature to seize the authority for overseeing voting from the state’s bipartisan elections commission.

Pressing a partisan power grab based on partisan lies to rig the electoral system — that is how committed the senator is to truth and freedom.

As much of a threat as he is to American democracy, Mr. Johnson may be a bigger one to the health of the American people. Since the arrival of the coronavirus pandemic, he has talked down its seriousness, at one point charging that Dr. Anthony Fauci had “overhyped” Covid-19.

On the vaccine front, the senator has been a font of misinformation and scaremongering, misrepresenting data and bungling basic facts. He has conveyed considerably more enthusiasm about unproved treatments like horse de-wormer and mouthwash than for proved vaccines. YouTube twice suspended his account for violating its medical misinformation policy.

All told, when it comes to spewing dangerous drivel, Mr. Johnson has displayed a commitment and creativity rarely seen outside of QAnon gatherings or Trump family dinners.

RonJon wasn’t always like this. He used to be a relatively straightforward pro-market, small-government, budget-conscious conservative. He seemed to have a more or less solid grip on reality. But the Trump years broke him, as they broke so many in the Republican Party.

The people of Wisconsin are not impressed. Polling suggests the senator is about as popular there as Brett Kavanaugh at an Emily’s List happy hour. The editorial board of The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel declared him “the most irresponsible representative of Wisconsin citizens” since Joseph McCarthy.

Even so, the senator has the electoral edge. Historical trends are on his side, as is the power of incumbency. Democrats will need a strong nominee, a savvy strategy, piles of cash and a whole lot of luck to unseat Mr. Johnson. A dozen Democratic challengers are vying to make the attempt, led by the state’s lieutenant governor, Mandela Barnes.

Mr. Johnson is the lone Republican senator up for re-election this year in a state carried (barely) by Joe Biden in 2020. This alone would make him a mouthwatering Democratic target. As an exemplar of Trumpism, he is downright irresistible — a particularly toxic test case of the former president’s enduring hold on the Republican Party.

Do the nation a solid, Wisconsin: Commit to helping Mr. Johnson stick by his original promise to serve only two terms. After everything it has been through lately, America shouldn’t have to suffer through another six years of his twisted take on truth and freedom.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

Ron Johnson Wasn’t Always Like This. The Trump Years Broke Him.

Freedom lovers, rejoice! After much agonizing, Senator Ron Johnson, the Wisconsin Republican, has decided that he will be deferring the joys of retirement to run for a third term this year.

This may not strike some folks as big news. After all, Mr. Johnson is a spring chicken by Senate standards — a spry 66 years old in a chamber that all too often resembles an assisted living facility. But Mr. Johnson, a former plastics executive who rode to power in 2010 on the Tea Party wave of anti-establishment energy, repeatedly pledged to serve only two terms in the swamp.

Like so many citizen legislators before him, however, Mr. Johnson says he failed to anticipate just how desperately Wisconsin voters — nay, the entire nation — would need him at this moment.

“America is in peril,” he declared in an essay in The Wall Street Journal on Sunday. Out-of-control Democrats, aided by media and tech elites, are luring the nation down the path to “tyranny,” he warned. “Countless” concerned citizens implored him to keep up his “fight for freedom,” he noted, “to be their voice, to speak plain and obvious truths other elected leaders shirk from expressing.” What choice does he have but to soldier on?

Claims of national crisis and delusions of indispensability are standard among lawmakers looking to justify abandoning their term-limit pledges. But Mr. Johnson is correct that he has distinguished himself for his willingness to tread where many other officials dare not, at least in the Senate. He has becomeknown as perhaps the chamber’s foremost spreader of absurd yet dangerous conspiracy theories — especially in the areas of anti-vaccine insanity and the election-fraud delusions of a certain former president.

So it is worth drilling down on what sort of “truth” and “freedom” Mr. Johnson is fighting for — and why it would be good news, not merely for Democrats but for all Americans, if he could get his butt whooped in November.

To clarify, Mr. Johnson’s attraction to conspiracy nonsense predates Donald Trump’s lies about the 2020 vote. In the run-up to the election, he used his position as the chairman of the Homeland Security Committee to investigate (read: amplify) unfounded claims about Ukraine and the Biden family that echoed a Russian disinformation campaign. Even his Republican colleagues expressed concern that the inquiry could wind up helping the Kremlin sow discord. The month before his committee released its report, Mr. Johnson received a “defensive briefing” from the F.B.I.warning that he was the target of Russian disinformation — which he said he dismissed because it was too vague and he suspected it of being a political ploy.

Postelection, Mr. Johnson has ardently embraced the Big Lie that the presidency was stolen. Before Democrats assumed control of the Senate, he convened a hearing on the topic. The horrors of Jan. 6 failed to dim his ardor for disinformation. He has both pooh-poohed the seriousness of the attack and indulged wing-nut theories that the violence was the work of “agents provocateurs,” “antifa” and “fake Trump protesters.” He voiced suspicions that the House speaker, Nancy Pelosi, was to blame.

More recently, Mr. Johnson has claimed that the Democrats cannot be trusted — because, you know, election fraud — and urgedWisconsin’s Republican-controlled Legislature to seize the authority for overseeing voting from the state’s bipartisan elections commission.

Pressing a partisan power grab based on partisan lies to rig the electoral system — that is how committed the senator is to truth and freedom.

As much of a threat as he is to American democracy, Mr. Johnson may be a bigger one to the health of the American people. Since the arrival of the coronavirus pandemic, he has talked down its seriousness, at one point charging that Dr. Anthony Fauci had “overhyped” Covid-19.

On the vaccine front, the senator has been a font of misinformation and scaremongering, misrepresenting data and bungling basic facts. He has conveyed considerably more enthusiasm about unproved treatments like horse de-wormer and mouthwash than for proved vaccines. YouTube twice suspended his account for violating its medical misinformation policy.

All told, when it comes to spewing dangerous drivel, Mr. Johnson has displayed a commitment and creativity rarely seen outside of QAnon gatherings or Trump family dinners.

RonJon wasn’t always like this. He used to be a relatively straightforward pro-market, small-government, budget-conscious conservative. He seemed to have a more or less solid grip on reality. But the Trump years broke him, as they broke so many in the Republican Party.

The people of Wisconsin are not impressed. Polling suggests the senator is about as popular there as Brett Kavanaugh at an Emily’s List happy hour. The editorial board of The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel declared him “the most irresponsible representative of Wisconsin citizens” since Joseph McCarthy.

Even so, the senator has the electoral edge. Historical trends are on his side, as is the power of incumbency. Democrats will need a strong nominee, a savvy strategy, piles of cash and a whole lot of luck to unseat Mr. Johnson. A dozen Democratic challengers are vying to make the attempt, led by the state’s lieutenant governor, Mandela Barnes.

Mr. Johnson is the lone Republican senator up for re-election this year in a state carried (barely) by Joe Biden in 2020. This alone would make him a mouthwatering Democratic target. As an exemplar of Trumpism, he is downright irresistible — a particularly toxic test case of the former president’s enduring hold on the Republican Party.

Do the nation a solid, Wisconsin: Commit to helping Mr. Johnson stick by his original promise to serve only two terms. After everything it has been through lately, America shouldn’t have to suffer through another six years of his twisted take on truth and freedom.

Great piece but I doubt it will do much good. The Dems in this state are like the gang that couldn’t shoot straight. They specialize in snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.  In addition to all the points mentioned in the article they need a candidate who cannot be tarred with being a Milwaukee or Madison insider. A favorite description of Madison among red hat wearers is “75 square miles surrounded by reality.”

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ron Johnson doesn't seem like a broken man. He's only 'broken' if you take the Tea Party at face value. That credulity would be gullibility. Johnson was happy to ride the Tea Party astroturf wave in 2010 as it served his purposes. All he's doing with Shitstain now is catching the next wave, the bullshit wave.

You can't take these people at face value, or as in Tom's case, Fake value. Hi Tom!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking on a die-hard tea partier, Olsonist?

It must short circuit your brain cell if you try to consider a Fakebertarian who voted to impeach Trump.

  

On 1/14/2021 at 7:17 AM, Olsonist said:

Tom's boy Shitstain was first impeached December 18, 2019. Justin Amash left the Republican Party in July 2019 and then became a Libertarian in April 2020. No Republicans nor any Libertarians voted for his boy's first impeachment.

So was Amash a Republican in disguise or just a plain old Republican or what was he at that time? A die hard Tea Partier?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Moron Johnson strikes again.  This time a twofer.

“Ron Johnson says mouthwash can kill COVID-19. Manufacturer of Listerine, medical experts say there's no evidence yet to prove that.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ron-johnson-says-mouthwash-kill-214013056.html

 

“Despite guidance from health officials, Ron Johnson says vaccinating people during a pandemic 'could be dangerous”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/despite-guidance-health-officials-ron-185211536.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Moron Johnson strikes again.  This time a twofer.

“Ron Johnson says mouthwash can kill COVID-19. Manufacturer of Listerine, medical experts say there's no evidence yet to prove that.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ron-johnson-says-mouthwash-kill-214013056.html

 

“Despite guidance from health officials, Ron Johnson says vaccinating people during a pandemic 'could be dangerous”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/despite-guidance-health-officials-ron-185211536.html

Holy fuck he's stupid. He's really pushing Louie Gohmert for top spot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

Holy fuck he's stupid. He's really pushing Louie Gohmert for top spot.

Funny thing is he's managed to acquire $24M as CEO of a plastics biz; it's sort of a family outfit but he started as a machine operator ... bought the company himself ... blah. Financed a Sen campaign with a lot of his own money beating Russ Feingold, a reasonable guy.

How stupid can he be? Maybe we need a redefinition of what being smart means. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2020 at 2:13 PM, jerseyguy said:

How he beat Russ Feingold twice I will never understand .

Nor I - it was and remains inconceivable. 

Russ was a good guy.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Funny thing is he's managed to acquire $24M as CEO of a plastics biz; it's sort of a family outfit but he started as a machine operator ... bought the company himself ... blah. Financed a Sen campaign with a lot of his own money beating Russ Feingold, a reasonable guy.

How stupid can he be? Maybe we need a redefinition of what being smart means. 

I don’t think he’s particularly stupid. I think he’s Hall of Average. He parlayed the plastics thing into a Senate seat with the help of the Tea Party revolting against the Kenyan and he’s been surfing whatever wave came his way ever since. He’s not stupid, just willing to say whatever he needs to to actual stupid people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Funny thing is he's managed to acquire $24M as CEO of a plastics biz; it's sort of a family outfit but he started as a machine operator ... bought the company himself ... blah. Financed a Sen campaign with a lot of his own money beating Russ Feingold, a reasonable guy.

How stupid can he be? Maybe we need a redefinition of what being smart means. 

Bought the company with his father-in-law’s money.  And a lot of Koch brothers money behind him

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sen. Ron Johnson Ripped As ‘Virus That Infects’ GOP By Wisconsin Newspaper

Wisconsin newspaper The Capital Times ripped Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) as “a virus that infects” the state’s GOP in a blistering editorial calling for him to face a serious Republican challenger in his reelection bid.

Johnson is “little more than a placeholder” for former President Donald Trumpwho “could care less about what Wisconsin Republicans think,” the newspaper’s editorial board wrote in the stinging essay published Wednesday.

The Times ripped Johnson as “a delusional huckster” and a political grifter in the article that charted the paper’s own 105-year history alongside the evolution of Republican politics, for the worse, in the state.

“We’re not naïve. We don’t imagine that dislodging Johnson in his own party’s primary is a likely prospect. But we do believe that he should be challenged, sincerely and aggressively,” the editorial board said, suggesting a serious GOP primary challenger could expose “how out of sync” he is with traditional GOP values.

“By confronting and exposing the incumbent as the charlatan he is, such a challenge could lay the groundwork for the slow but necessary restoration of the honor of the Grand Old Party, which has been so severely damaged by political grifters such as Ron Johnson,” the board concluded.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Sen. Ron Johnson Ripped As ‘Virus That Infects’ GOP By Wisconsin Newspaper. 

Kansas City Star:  "Josh Hawley Ripped by Missouri Newspaper as 'Pretend' Revolutionary Ahead of Jan. 6"

It's better than nothing BUT: While promising to the eye, neither paper is the main paper of the regions. And I think it obvious to say the rank and file R voter doesn't read editorials especially, and newspapers in general.

Because newspapers.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

 

Sen. Ron Johnson Ripped As ‘Virus That Infects’ GOP By Wisconsin Newspaper. 

Kansas City Star:  "Josh Hawley Ripped by Missouri Newspaper as 'Pretend' Revolutionary Ahead of Jan. 6"

It's better than nothing BUT: While promising to the eye, neither paper is the main paper of the regions. And I think it obvious to say the rank and file R voter doesn't read.  editorials especially, and newspapers in general.

Because newspapers.

 

Simplified.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

 

Sen. Ron Johnson Ripped As ‘Virus That Infects’ GOP By Wisconsin Newspaper. 

Kansas City Star:  "Josh Hawley Ripped by Missouri Newspaper as 'Pretend' Revolutionary Ahead of Jan. 6"

It's better than nothing BUT: While promising to the eye, neither paper is the main paper of the regions. And I think it obvious to say the rank and file R voter doesn't read editorials especially, and newspapers in general.

Because newspapers.

 

And in the Johnson case being slammed by a Madison newspaper is a badge of honor among MAGA types. Bunch of lefty, faggot, socialistic, pinko commies inhabit Madison.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

My small bad upthread. I thought it was the KC paper but see it's St Loius which I think is the largest paper so a bigger insult. And the Madison story clarified. I raised a family in Fox Point so I know Madison and the kids went to school there. 

38 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Bunch of lefty, faggot, socialistic, pinko commies inhabit Madison.

That's them!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Hey Jersey, then my perfect daughter and her perfect husband with my perfect new grandson moved from Madison to .......... Portland. You know which one. 

Portland, Me....... Portland, Or....... Portland, Me...... Portland, Or.....

 Sorry, except for the weather, and the accent, cant tell the diff....... They both smell like fish, although I think Portland, Me might be more authentic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hobie1616 said:

Because reading ability.

No question, and we've all seen that for many, maybe even most, TV is just easier and obviously more entertaining. 

That's a two way street here on PA as well. My view is that the forum's overwhelming lean to the left over all this time has allowed many posters to just opine their asses off without feedback or argument on every issue that comes along. Indeed the further to the left you are, the more likes you get. Years of that positive reinforcement might get some guys thinking, "Hey, I really do know what I'm talking about," when it ain't necessarily so. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Because rally attendance and crowded roads are how we pick a President.

Do you folks who support him (openly or in denial) NOT see this shit as indicative of an unstable human?

Trump claims he couldn't have lost the 2020 presidential election because his Arizona rally boasted thousands of attendees and 'had cars that stretch out for 25 miles'

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2022 at 9:30 PM, jerseyguy said:

Bought the company with his father-in-law’s money.  And a lot of Koch brothers money behind him

He still benefits from Koch-$pon$ored cheerleading, for example:
 

Quote

 

...

The pandemic has minted a new class of terribly misguided pundits, and Berenson is among the very worst of them. Early on, he vastly underestimated the eventual U.S. COVID-19 death toll. And while that's a forgivable offense—official predictions ranged wildly, after all—Berenson has compounded his mistake by coming out swinging against vaccines. He has used his Twitter platform to peddle the absurd notion that vaccines might be causing severe illnesses and even deaths. He has suggested that countries with high vaccination rates are having just as bad a time as countries with low vaccination rates. And he has claimed that most people under the age of 70 probably don't need to become vaccinated—even though the death toll for the under-70 crowd is well over 100,000. As The Atlantic's Derek Thompson noted in a conclusive takedown of Berenson—whom he quite reasonably dubs "the pandemic's wrongest man"—these views are all nonsense.

Though COVID-19 has allowed Berenson to fully embrace his role as a purveyor of delusions, it should be noted that he was pushing unscientific nonsense before the pandemic. His 2019 book, Tell Your Children, attempted to scare readers into believing that consuming marijuana makes people crazy and violent. Reason's Jacob Sullum described it as "a work of logical leaps, self-contradiction, misleading glosses, selective quotation, biased evidence gathering, and tendentious interpretation."

Berenson was never worthy of the public's trust, yet his vocal opposition to various COVID-19 mitigation efforts—lockdowns, masking, etc.—has made him a hero to some conservatives. Sen. Ron Johnson (R–Wis.) called him a "courageous voice of reason" and "a valuable counter-perspective." This flattery is undeserved. There are many "voices of reason" who have criticized unending lockdowns, school closures, regulatory hurdles, draconian missives from health officials, and excessive mask mandates without succumbing to anti-vaccine crankery. (For examples, read David Zweig, Nate Silver, Alec MacGillis, Emily Oster, Alex Tabarrok, and, of course, Reason.)

...

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2022 at 6:12 AM, Pertinacious Tom said:
On 1/14/2021 at 7:17 AM, Olsonist said:

Tom's boy Shitstain was first impeached December 18, 2019. Justin Amash left the Republican Party in July 2019 and then became a Libertarian in April 2020. No Republicans nor any Libertarians voted for his boy's first impeachment.

So was Amash a Republican in disguise or just a plain old Republican or what was he at that time? A die hard Tea Partier?

I guess the standard response here is going to be Rand Paul, but that seems like a weird thing to call Justin Amash. Come on, Olsonist, you like labels. Put one on Justin Amash!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ron Johnson Tried To Stop The Steal
 

Quote

 

...

State and federal courts have been almost uniformly unimpressed by Trump's arguments that certain election practices were illegal or unconstitutional. And in the relatively few cases where the Trump campaign or its allies alleged actual fraud, the courts have found the evidence unpersuasive.

At a December 16 hearing on election "irregularities," Sen. Ron Johnson (R–Wis.) acknowledged Trump's repeated failure to make the case that Biden did not really win the election. "We will hear testimony on how election laws in some cases were not enforced and how fraudulent voting did occur, as it always does," Johnson said. "The question that follows is whether the level of fraud would alter the outcome of the election this year. In dozens of court cases, through the certification process in each state and by the Electoral College vote, the conclusion has collectively been reached that it would not." Johnson nevertheless has joined Cruz and the other senators in claiming that decisive electoral votes for Biden cannot be trusted.

During the same hearing, Trump campaign lawyer Jesse Binnall, based on evidence that had been decisively rejected by state courts, claimed more than 130,000 people voted illegally in Nevada, including "42,000 people who voted more than once." Sen. James Lankford (R–Okla.) said double voting is rare in his home state, which sees such cases "about 50 times a year," and he noted that "we prosecute individuals that vote twice." Lankford asked Binnall how many people had been prosecuted for the allegedly rampant voting fraud in Nevada. The answer was zero. Yet here is Lankford, joining Cruz, Johnson, and the other senators in implying that systematic fraud denied Trump his rightful victory.

...

 

Sorry as usual about the Koch-$pon$ored RJ cheerleading.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2020 at 12:16 PM, hobie1616 said:

“There was fraud in this election,” Johnson said. “I don’t have any doubt about that.” He went on at length about alleged “irregularities,” including “violations of election laws,” “fraudulent votes and ballot stuffing,” and “corruption of voting machines and software.” He insisted that “many of these irregularities raise legitimate concerns.”

"The sky is falling" pretty much sums the party message today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jules said:

"The sky is falling" pretty much sums the party message today.

More like "the Democrats are making the sky fall". They are indulging in some serious projection.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Editorial from the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. The state’s largest circulation and arguably its most influential newspaper.

“editorial: Ron Johnson's whitewash of the U.S. Capitol riot shows why Wisconsin's senior senator has to go”

https://news.yahoo.com/editorial-ron-johnsons-whitewash-u-202920583.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wisconsin’s nutbag Senator strikes again.

“U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson accuses Gov. Tony Evers, Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes of inciting Kenosha rioters”

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2022/01/23/ron-johnson-accuses-evers-barnes-inciting-kenosha-rioters/6629299001/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...