State of RaceQs

Does anyone know what the state of the company that developed RaceQ's is? The service is working for me but it looks like the iPhone App has not been updated for 4 years and also the Facebook page and the forum on their website seems to be pretty dormant. This may be a long shot but does anyone know how to contact the developers?

Something I'm familiar with - great software that needs a less altruistic business model.  If people don't heed the requests for community support (hey, buy me a cup of coffee for using my great software) then things get abandoned after a while.

According to one source the iOS app is written in ObjectiveC and would need to be completely rewritten.

The PC replay app has seemed wonky to me for a while as well. Even in its heyday a few years ago the help forum was never very active and didn't seem to be monitored by the team. 

I wonder, if they went to a subscription model would anyone buy it? I'd seriously consider it myself at a reasonable annual fee. 

6 hours ago, TJSoCal said:

According to one source the iOS app is written in ObjectiveC and would need to be completely rewritten.

The PC replay app has seemed wonky to me for a while as well. Even in its heyday a few years ago the help forum was never very active and didn't seem to be monitored by the team. 

I wonder, if they went to a subscription model would anyone buy it? I'd seriously consider it myself at a reasonable annual fee. 

People are so addicted to "free", without realizing that "free" really means tracking everything you do and selling that information to advertisers, that they are much more willing to part with their privacy than their money.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

People are so addicted to "free", without realizing that "free" really means tracking everything you do and selling that information to advertisers, that they are much more willing to part with their privacy than their money.

I happily pay for emsils addresses

Yrt i still have gmsil and uoutube

You csnt win!

If all 45,000 members of US Sailing signed up for $10 a month, that's $5.4M/year. That's a tight budget for a multi-platform app with significant 3D functionality and the back-end services to support it all. You might be able to simplify by transitioning to a pure WebGL experience, but hitting even 10% of the TAM seems challenging particularly when the TAM is so tiny compared to nearly any other mobile or webdev job.