Wow Scooter. Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel

So now that it is quite clear how much of an AC dog Ineos, is, I wonder how  the Pomes feel about selling their souls to the fracking giant just to end up with this?

Hammered badly in the first race of the AC "World Series" (which of course must be mentioned cannot be watched in the US unless you hand over $175), dropping out in the second with technical issues, and pounded on the race course in races 3 and 4, 5 and 6, this project has all the makings of a disaster. The thing looked bulky when it got launched and it is safe to say it is as slow as it is ugly.

Watching Ben Ainslie squirm around at the initial WS press conference, it was easy to see that he knew he was going to be riding a dog for a very short-lived AC effort. We say that is karma bitch-slapping them for having the total lack of ethics, dignity and environmental consciousness to whore out to such a company as Ineos.

The Editor

Yeah, not sure why he says you can't watch in the US unless you pay. I have watched and paid nothing to NBC. You get extras if you buy the Pass but who cares. 

The tech is cool but the racing moments are far and few. Kenny needs to stop talking so much about the incredible speed which is just relative to really slow boats. And to many guys grinding, not sailing.

9 minutes ago, bgytr said:

Love the bitchin about petroleum companies by folks who sail on boats that are mostly made of petroleum products.  Pretty funny.

Yup - the TP52 video he did the video on a few weeks back was 15,000 lbs of carbon/toxic epoxy  and non-recyclable disposable plastic sails. 

29 minutes ago, XPRO said:

Yup - the TP52 video he did the video on a few weeks back was 15,000 lbs of carbon/toxic epoxy  and non-recyclable disposable plastic sails. 

add to that all the waste in processing materials, mixing buckets, pre preg backer...........

2 hours ago, XPRO said:

Not to mention the camera and battery pack used to shoot the video.

Compared to some of the environmental devistation in China due to the processing of Lithium for batteries my 20 year old pick-up is positively green.

3 hours ago, bgytr said:

Love the bitchin about petroleum companies by folks who sail on boats that are mostly made of petroleum products.  Pretty funny.

How about the hypocrisy of running a web site like this one with computers (mostly plastic and toxic metals which are dumped in landfills and not recycled) using electricity which is 20-30% generated by coal (depending on location). I hope the editor doesn't fly anywhere because that is very bad for the atmosphere and should be construed as self-serving by any fossil fuel fanatic!  Don't get me started on electric vehicles with large lead acid batteries full of toxic materials. What is the plan for those when they no longer hold a charge?  We all pollute by living so you just have to choose how much and how you do so.  

6 hours ago, Latadjust said:

Watching on NBCSports ch 220 on DirecTV fyi bfd stupid racing, one touchdown and it's over- bring back huge displacement monos so the finish is in doubt till the fat lady sings 

Yeah, AC these days is interesting and exciting in its way but it's not really recognizable as sailboat racing any more. 

If you want that, tune into Congressional Cup. Outstanding sailors match racing in Frank Butler tanks, routinely the best racing I've seen (and I'm lucky enough to be able to watch live from Belmont Pier) 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:
9 hours ago, LB 15 said:

The sand in vag is strong in this thread. Do they make a tampon for men.

it would need to be extra strength for this group..

Dointe you messiure them by 'gritte' ?  Licke howe howe bigge a 'gritte' it can handelle...........   ?              :)

9 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

it would need to be extra strength for this group..

gonna need a high pressure douche nozzle insertion first though ;)

21 hours ago, fastyacht said:

I dont have cable tele. If i use antenna i wonder ifvthey broadcast it?

If you got an internet connection get Sling for a few months and you get NBCSN. For a few bucks more you get a cloud DVR to record and watch at your leisure.

If you want lots of sports, get the other package.  I think there is 2 different choices or get both, then you get the DVR free.

2 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

32CC23DB-EB27-4B1B-9F1D-9728FD88BE44.jpeg

Send a case to PA, lots of bitches hating the world over there.

• Like 1