Sydney to Hobart 2021

1 hour ago, shaggybaxter said:
2 hours ago, silex said:

Will the 2 handed class be elegible to overall trophy?

What, and actually encourage entrants?  Shame on you.  

I'm up for it....so is Lilly, so mixed crew... providing LB is up for it too....he has plenty of time to get things shipshape his end. 

24845270_1898007840528118_2083226410356310016_n-5a955ea4e590e__700.jpg

Well My perdition from ovealll winner and taking out the silverware will be 

Vice Commodore of Shag Inlet Cruising Yacht Club  Shaggybaxter Sailing his new Pogo 50 “let’s stick it to the man . Com”  and with a new sponsor “I eat envy scooters for breakfast”  and representing Queensland’s premier Yacht  clubs  Shag Inlet Cruising Yacht Club and Wynnum manly Sailing club.

In his thankyou speech Commodore Shaggybaxter will thank his Sailing master and Sailing legend Sir LB 15 and will say that the trophy is going “Straight to the pool room”.

Sir LB will be quoted in the local media as saying  about the Lota game fishing and fight club that they can “ Suffer in their jocks” just to add a little colour to the coverage. 

Ichi Ban owner Matt Allen will break down in tears as he wins his most coveted trophy he has ever won,  The back end of the horse for finishing last across the line. 

As for first across the line ? It will go to Hobart legend and underdog “whorro” in his new 80 footer. 

The lota game fishing and fight club boats will win take out the top placing in the Sydney to Eden race and will then claim that they are the rightful winners of the Hobart race as “We are Queenslanders and you don’t know the rules” at the main presentation  and in  good old Tasmanian traditions the owners will be placed in a set of stocks in the town square and the rightful  Overall winner Shaggybaxter will be asked to throw the first rotten tomatoes at them and then have it print on the front page of the courier mail.

anyone else have any predictions ?

Pulpit

• Like 3
55 minutes ago, SCANAS said:

Please explain?

I heard this from a pro who runs a 50 footer.... I'm not 100% certain I correctly remember the details but it is something like this.

They added some freshwater tanks to the stern of Ichi and a water maker. So in conditions where weight back is important, they will run the water maker to fill up the tanks to quench the crews thirst. When they don't need the weight, the crew will have a few long showers, hose down the deck etc....

I do not remember if they were also looking at pumping between tanks. 

1 hour ago, pulpit said:

Vice Commodore of Shag Inlet Cruising Yacht Club  Shaggybaxter Sailing his new Pogo 50 “let’s stick it to the man . Com”  and with a new sponsor “I eat envy scooters for breakfast”  and representing Queensland’s premier Yacht  clubs  Shag Inlet Cruising Yacht Club and Wynnum manly Sailing club.

In his thankyou speech Commodore Shaggybaxter will thank his Sailing master and Sailing legend Sir LB 15 and will say that the trophy is going “Straight to the pool room”.

Sir LB will be quoted in the local media as saying  about the Lota game fishing and fight club that they can “ Suffer in their jocks” just to add a little colour to the coverage. 

Ichi Ban owner Matt Allen will break down in tears as he wins his most coveted trophy he has ever won,  The back end of the horse for finishing last across the line. 

As for first across the line ? It will go to Hobart legend and underdog “whorro” in his new 80 footer. 

The lota game fishing and fight club boats will win take out the top placing in the Sydney to Eden race and will then claim that they are the rightful winners of the Hobart race as “We are Queenslanders and you don’t know the rules” at the main presentation  and in  good old Tasmanian traditions the owners will be placed in a set of stocks in the town square and the rightful  Overall winner Shaggybaxter will be asked to throw the first rotten tomatoes at them and then have it print on the front page of the courier mail.

Pulpit

You forgot the inevitable protest by some TP52 owner with a small penis against cool new scow bow design and a mast rake that results in the top of the mast protruding behind the transom. 

This will result in being banned from a club for unsportsmanlike like behaviour against TP52 owners fragile ego.

GRS will assist in upholding the protest even though the said penis can be factually proven to be small,  as AS doesn't deal with those pesky bothersome fact thingys. 

2 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

Will Warro be in a legal dispute with the co-owners of their boat?

Will Stephan’s hair care range pull the sponsorship when all the media coverage is of Mark’s product? 

1 hour ago, pulpit said:

Pulpit

Fuck I love this place.

47 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

I heard this from a pro who runs a 50 footer.... I'm not 100% certain I correctly remember the details but it is something like this.

They added some freshwater tanks to the stern of Ichi and a water maker. So in conditions where weight back is important, they will run the water maker to fill up the tanks to quench the crews thirst. When they don't need the weight, the crew will have a few long showers, hose down the deck etc....

I do not remember if they were also looking at pumping between tanks. 

It wasn’t Random who told you this was it? He is just grooming you for his 911 shit.

22 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

You forgot the inevitable protest by some TP52 owner with a small penis against cool new scow bow design and a mast rake that results in the top of the mast protruding behind the transom. 

This will result in being banned from a club for unsportsmanlike like behaviour against TP52 owners fragile ego.

GRS will assist in upholding the protest even though the said penis can be factually proven to be small,  as AS doesn't deal with those pesky bothersome fact thingys. 

A double fuckin love this place!

1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

It wasn’t Random who told you this was it? He is just grooming you for his 911 shit.

I don't pay attention to Random's posts. I don't believe my contact plays with toy boats and is in a relationship with a woman, not a goat. So I'd doubt I'm been fed info from Random.

TP52 Owners,

Ignore the haters. I luv ya’s all. I’m available. Potential roles:

- Old Runner

- Stand in companionway & yell navigator’s orders to helmsman 

- Helm

- Grinder ( the more notice you give me to get in shape the better I can grind) 

Advantages: 

- Low centre of gravity

- Wont eat much in a Southerly. 

Call 555-SCANAS

44 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

envy is still listed..

Envy is a deadly sin. Along with converting your neighbor’s Wife or Goat. Or is that converting your neighbor’s goat into your wife? I should have payed more attention during religious instruction. 

7 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

I should have payed more attention during religious instruction. 

that would have required being in the same postcode at the time .

15 minutes ago, Mid said:

that would have required being in the same postcode at the time .

They made me sit in the back after I asked how come jesus is always depicted as whitey.

1 hour ago, DtM said:

Not bad, already 2.5% of the posts in the 2020 thread !!!  And only been up for 7 hours.

If we are gunna get it through another 12 months we will need some AIS action.

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

I would have been rogered in the prefects room if I showed that pic around at my school.

What do mean, you did get rogered in the prefects room, it just was by the last 10 Commodores of the Lota Fishing and Fighting Club.

Just toughening you up for a future board position

Not so. My parents in fact sued my school because I wasn’t interfered with. I mean why was I singled out? They paid there money like everyone else! Was I not pretty enough?

• Like 3

Back to regular programming.

Two handed boats will be able to win the Courier Mail Cup for Brisbane to Gladstone Race Overall.

NoR out soon.

Guess that makes the QCYC as the OA of the premier ocean race in Australia (compared to world standards)

On 12/21/2020 at 1:55 PM, LB 15 said:

Envy is a deadly sin. Along with converting your neighbor’s Wife or Goat. Or is that converting your neighbor’s goat into your wife? I should have payed more attention during religious instruction. 

Just make it up as you go, like all religions 

• Like 2

Seriously I have been in sailing for a long time, but when are we going to come up with new boats and designs in Australia to race. The S-H race is full of boats that are at least 3 years old in design and much more. All the maxi's are at least 5 years old.

Bring over the vendee boats to make it interesting.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Livia said:

Back to regular programming.

Two handed boats will be able to win the Courier Mail Cup for Brisbane to Gladstone Race Overall.

NoR out soon.

Guess that makes the QCYC as the OA of the premier ocean race in Australia (compared to world standards)

It has always had the best piss up at the end.

On 12/21/2020 at 9:38 AM, SloopJohnB said:

I got to ask what's the weather forecast?;)

Well.... there is a Southerly front forecast but that is evolving so may change

8 hours ago, Gweudo in oz said:

Seriously I have been in sailing for a long time, but when are we going to come up with new boats and designs in Australia to race. The S-H race is full of boats that are at least 3 years old in design and much more. All the maxi's are at least 5 years old.

5 years....???     this year we were to have a boat from 2005 (Alpharuskiblackjack) and 2008 (Speedvirramperpetloyinfo)

The worlds newest is 6 years old (Indian)

8 hours ago, Gweudo in oz said:

They are kinda busy this year but you’re welcome to enter one next year. 

1 hour ago, SCANAS said:

They are kinda busy this year but you’re welcome to enter one next year. 

Great! I'll arrange the sign writer to put a big 7 logo on the sides and I'll register it at cyca.

May have half a chance

24 minutes ago, Gweudo in oz said:

Great! I'll arrange the sign writer to put a big 7 logo on the sides and I'll register it at cyca.

May have half a chance

Mind your million $ foils on the start line too.