• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a race like that is why the committee was correct in postponing the race so many times. I think that the race was worth the wait.  Cheers to the Race Committee!

Semi Final Race 1 book is open - hit like for an AM win, dislike for LRPP.  Don’t sit on the fence now!

Funny when I click on the cup site I get this:

Posted Images

Question. 
Those double luff mains wouldn’t have any shape cut into them would they ?

Shape is controlled by mast rotation yes ?

INEOS a lot mor stable - just got that feeling that the |handbags are into the upper limits of current foil package,,,,,, bottom gate 17 sec or so - INEOS is not pointing as high....

1 minute ago, Kate short for Bob said:

The gusts are at the top of the range.  Trust me that sea state there is gnarly.  

And? Win the boat race.

43 minutes ago, porthos said:

Only you can answer that. There are, however, cheaper ways to watch it in the US.

I’ll ask that differently, how does one in the USA watch the full replays for free?

6 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

40 kts only downwind with these conditions ? the F50 would smoke them :)

Until they nosedive, capsize, break the wing and get towed back to the dock till next race.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, craigj said:

I’ll ask that differently, how does one in the USA watch the full replays for free?

Wait a couple days and they will be on youtube. Just not live for free.

2 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Until they nosedive, capsize, break the wing and tow the bits back to the dock till next months  race.

FIFY

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Piet56 said:

what the actual F am I watching.....

both on their butts.....

1 hitch to the finish.....

You just saw a huge wind shift.  Essentially one moment the wind is blowing on your face and in an instant it drops and then whams you on your side.

Just now, Tugboat said:

Fucking anti-climax! Can’t blame the race committee though. The call had to be made. 

"The call had to be made. "   Why?  They can't sail through a wind shift???   Can't sail on a reach???

Sheesh... too light...  too strong...  wrong wind direction...  what next?

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Raked Aft\\ said:

Was just getting the handbag coms and the stern cam.

no commentary.

anyone else seeing something else?

Mate - depends on what feed you are watching....

2 minutes ago, MaxHugen said:

"The call had to be made. "   Why?  They can't sail through a wind shift???   Can't sail on a reach???

I feel the same, not allowing a reach during an AC if there is a shift is just nonsense. So these $ 100 M boats can't sail on the reach ?

Is there an upper wind limit that they cancel the race at? Maybe that happened with the new front coming in?

I feel like the wind shift alone shouldn't have been enough to abandon that. It was leg 5 too

18 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

40 kts only downwind with these conditions ? the F50 would smoke them :)

Please don’t make me post the videos of the F50s all self destructing 30 min before the start in NYC with just 20 knots of wind - this continued Cat discussion is just lame. 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, MaxHugen said:

Sir Kunty Koots turns up and demands Dalt's pays for Butterball's hospital bill's from Newport???

2 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

They should have let the race go, it's part of the game, all of us sailors have known that in races. It would NOT have been a lottery today.

Fucking hypocritical SOB. For so long, you and your little band of wanker haters have been using the word "Fair" now they make a call in the name of fairness, and you wanna let it go? Dickhead!

• Like 1

Before they pulled the pin Ineos had pulled off a nice lead change. They won’t be happy. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Redreuben said:

Before they pulled the pin Ineos had pulled off a nice lead change. They won’t be happy. 

Notable that LR had better VMG for most of the race!  Sometimes by quite a few knots.

1 minute ago, XPRO said:

Please don’t make me post the videos of the F50s all self destructing 30 min before the start in NYC with just 20 knots of wind - this continued Cat discussion is just lame. 

If you put this fleet in NYC on that day  it would have been equally splintered. Also, the RC in this event has featured far less stones than the SailGP race committee on the days when the shit has hit the fan for Sailgp. The risk of breakage is the opportunity for seamanship. Let's just call off the southern ocean in the ocean race next.

DRC

5 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Since when as that been the case in windward leeward courses?

What? Committees don't usually abandon races just from a wind shift, has that actually ever happened to you?

They might adjust a mark, or postpone a start to adjust the course, but not a mid-race abandonment.

I have a feeling this had to do with dangerous conditions (the wind going across the waves, or something, just a guess). Dangerous conditions is the only time I've seen a race abandoned mid-race (or from lack of wind).

12 minutes ago, craigj said:

Fairly extensive highlights (25+ minutes) are available in the US. To get full race replays, you need to use a VPN. There are free VPN's and there are ones that are about $10/month. I ended up going with a paid service NordVPN as looking around at reviews some of the free VPN's can be janky.  

1 minute ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Part of sailing.

Not in windward leeward match racing.  You might get away with it in fleet racing.

But I'm starting to sense you are an amateur that has a bitch with the AC75.

You only had to look at the lay lines from the marks skewing like crazy to see the wind change.

3 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

This is just a fckg joke!  wind shifts, abandon race because it isn't fair .... yesterday winds dies with a very few puffs, it is OK.

FFS you whining little bitch! Did you not hear Ken Read? he literally explained the difference!

1 minute ago, WetHog said:

Checking in to see who is defending this BS abandonment.

WetHog  :ph34r:

Funny, the same reason the haters have been going on about since the beginning. A FAIR race course.

9 minutes ago, Piet56 said:

Just gone through the Hand book - don't see the words "fair" anywhere .... it is what is is once the gun goes....

I agree. 

INEOS might have reason to feel aggrieved but to be honest I'm not sure Prada weren't in the better position at time of abandonment.

12 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

I feel the same, not allowing a reach during an AC if there is a shift is just nonsense. So these $ 100 M boats can't sail on the reach ?

very trumpish logic there

dreams are free