• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a race like that is why the committee was correct in postponing the race so many times. I think that the race was worth the wait.  Cheers to the Race Committee!

Semi Final Race 1 book is open - hit like for an AM win, dislike for LRPP.  Don’t sit on the fence now!

Funny when I click on the cup site I get this:

Posted Images

Its Looking to me that Ineos has Sailed a tactical win not a boat speed win

• Like 2
1 minute ago, idontwan2know said:

Great race. 

Thought Luna Rossa had a chance to hold Ineos outside the committee boat at the start and didn't take it, for some reason.

Pretty hard to slow these boats down, I think.

1 minute ago, idontwan2know said:

Great race. 

Thought Luna Rossa had a chance to hold Ineos outside the committee boat at the start and didn't take it, for some reason.

I was wondering that. 

That was Much Better !!

well most of it anyway (last lap not so much)

INEOS appears to be more "stable" ... played the shifts really well & the speeds are eye watering...... looking at "the numbers with Kenny" surprised me how much faster INEOS was through the range......

Ladies, I think we got us a yacht race,.......

Four observations from this...

1. Foil arms, which get little recognition here, are amazingly strong and resilient. 

2. For the broadcast team, please consider a mute button for us watching. The broadcasts off the boats were captivating when we could hear them.

3. Orange is fast. Next week, expect to see more more orange bowsprits, or more wins by the frackers.

4. Watching the boats being towed out, something was different with INEOS when compared to the xmas cup. I cannot quite put my finger on it, but here is a pic of them being towed out at xmas...

gb.jpg.9da11a791c3f0beedaaf30bdf2b26077.jpg

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Varan said:

1. Foil arms, which get little recognition here, are amazingly strong and resilient. 

2. For the broadcast team, please consider a mute button for us watching. The broadcasts off the boats were captivating when we could hear them.

3. Orange is fast. Next week, expect to see more more orange bowsprits, or more wins by the frackers.

4. Watching the boats being towed out, something was different with INEOS when compared to the xmas cup. I cannot quite put my finger on it, but here is a pic of them being towed out at xmas...

nice

1 minute ago, crashtack said:

It seemed like tactics won that, yet LR sailed 500m less distance. What gives?

Ineos 2 knots faster downhill 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The_Alchemist said:

NO, both should not have been sailed!  The winds yesterday were not there and it was obvious.  Today, they know the weather, they know that a front is coming in that will hit during the first race and shift the winds.  They are trying to force races into bad conditions and are looking like a joke!  Just like in the Xmas cup, they didn't even schedule in the time for a make up day.  

If the race meets the criteria to start, they start and is fair, it goes until someone wins or the time limit expires. Simple. Deal with it. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Varan said:

Agreed and no-one is talking about FCS problems any more... ^_^

1 minute ago, rh3000 said:

Agreed and no-one is talking about FCS problems any more... ^_^

Especially Ben, which goes back to my point that he was just whinging cos he was losing. Bit like Dean yesterday really.

1 hour ago, The_Alchemist said:

NO, both should not have been sailed!  The winds yesterday were not there and it was obvious.  Today, they know the weather, they know that a front is coming in that will hit during the first race and shift the winds.  They are trying to force races into bad conditions and are looking like a joke!  Just like in the Xmas cup, they didn't even schedule in the time for a make up day.  

Yet the same 2 teams keep winning. Funny, that.

2 minutes ago, Enzedel92 said:

AM making late sail change what the hell

Did they say whether they went larger or smaller? I fear they went smaller and will regret the decision. I still don't get why these boats are using the low aspect ratio jibs. I thought TNZ taught all the challengers that lesson during the Christmas cup.

The trailer Sailers at Nedlands start better than that !

1 hour ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Not in windward leeward match racing.  You might get away with it in fleet racing..

This is not a regular windward leeward match racing, it's the AC, ever heard of the AC spirit ?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Sailor Y said:

AM is gonna bag 'em....despite Barker

Yeah nice one arsehole... when they are behind blame barker, when they are in front point out it ain't Barker... 

So far, AM have suffered from their *tactics*... and made their gains from *sailing*...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

Yeah nice one arsehole... when they are behind blame barker, when they are in front point out it ain't Barker... 

So far, AM have suffered from their *tactics*... and made their gains from *sailing*...

I used up my quota of upvotes again today. But +1 on this.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

You were saying RHIDIOT?   But I should have added Barker's starts which is what I really meant

• Like 1

Wow, snatched defeat from the jaws of victory 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

My prediction.... someone is going to have a butt clencher of a wipeout today. 

Called it.

Hope the crew are all okay though. 

• Like 2
Just now, jaysper said:

What the fuck? They just shit canned the YT feed with no post race interviews or anything.

still running for me... am I that much behind?