• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a race like that is why the committee was correct in postponing the race so many times. I think that the race was worth the wait.  Cheers to the Race Committee!

Semi Final Race 1 book is open - hit like for an AM win, dislike for LRPP.  Don’t sit on the fence now!

Funny when I click on the cup site I get this:

Posted Images

Barker was told the maneuver was going to be difficult. He was well ahead and all he had to do was round the mark and finish the race. But he had another brain explosion and did it anyway. Now the boat is broken, and they're 4 losses in.

1 minute ago, toad said:

its a game of two halves

You prick, I just spat my beer out. 

2 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

The cuntiness of SA posters can never be underestimated. 

fucking disgraceful 

show us your tits. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, rh3000 said:

Agreed and no-one is talking about FCS problems any more... ^_^

Dalts sent his techo to show them how to fix their "problem" and told Sir Ben to STFU afterward..:lol:

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, nroose said:

LiveSailDie is calling it a "Salvage"

When a boat fills with water and sinks like that, they have moved to salvage mode now. 

AM is in the semi final and LR and TI will be duking it out to see who gets the bye.

The leverage that foil arm would have applied to the hull may have been catastrophic 

Fuck the mast angle suggests whilst they mght be winning the war of the back of the boat, the bow appears to be well under water.. it might have a bigger hole letting water in, than what they have to pump water out of...

1 minute ago, zillafreak said:

Hull must have been compromised 

For sure. Buoyancy when they righted vs a few minutes later definitely indicates they're taking on water.

I'm guessing something where the foil arm joins the hull. That foil was fully out of the water and slammed down flat.

If they lose patriot, then AM's campaign is over.....which would mean no more RR, no semis, just straight to the final which will be darn shame.

This will crucify the TV and advertizing budgets.

9 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Barker was told the maneuver was going to be difficult. He was well ahead and all he had to do was round the mark and finish the race. But he had another brain explosion and did it anyway. Now the boat is broken, and they're 4 losses in.

Cunt.

6 minutes ago, Redreuben said:

The leverage that foil arm would have applied to the hull may have been catastrophic 

Quite a bit of deflection was visible on the leeward foil cant arm so you may be right.

1 minute ago, Wandering Geo said:

Boat is obviously fast (in anything over 7 knots).

Will make a great story when they overcome all of these setbacks and win the AC.

Make America Float Again

• Like 6
  • Downvote 2
5 minutes ago, EYESAILOR said:

If they lose patriot, then AM's campaign is over.....>

Sure, not unlikely, but they still have Defiant, don't they? I have no idea how much work it needs to be able to race, but if it's significantly less than getting Patriot back on the water, and if they are allowed to switch boat (are they?), why not? 

Work on Patriot while sailing Defiant in the RR and Semi and try to stay in. This shows us how easily one of the other teams can crasch out as well, so worth to stay fighting if at all possible. This was a race win until it wasn't.. 

• Like 1
Just now, arr4ws said:

hoisting a buoy up the mast

That’s not a good sign