7 minutes ago, Enzedel92 said:

Start the fucking race!!!!!! What is this bullshit

Last week they started the race at 7 knots but 15 knots with a few wind shifts is a bridge too far?????

Give me a fucking break.

If those complaining about the continuing APs were actually experienced yacht racers they might be used to hanging round for the wind to settle. 

With a race like today's with so much hanging on it i think the racers would rather wait for as stable a race course as possible and they certainly would not want to risk a likely drag race if all possible 

Patience people

• Like 5
  • Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a race like that is why the committee was correct in postponing the race so many times. I think that the race was worth the wait.  Cheers to the Race Committee!

Semi Final Race 1 book is open - hit like for an AM win, dislike for LRPP.  Don’t sit on the fence now!

Funny when I click on the cup site I get this:

Posted Images

Its this stupid New Zealand wind! That's why there will never be any good sailors from NZ and they will never amount to anything in any AC. Hold the cup in San Francisco every year for some real wind.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, zillafreak said:

Its this stupid New Zealand wind! That's why there will never be any good sailors from NZ and they will never amount to anything in any AC. Hold the cup in San Francisco every year for some real wind.

LOL of course you an impartial observer :)

5 minutes ago, shanghaisailor said:

WOW! - just had a viewer number update in China. Just gone through 200,000  

Watch for the China Challenge for the next cup. Barker no doubt at the helm...

Just now, Priscilla said:

Be all those Uyghurs getting re-educated in Chinese concentration camps.

There are people here working fucking hard to promote our sport here. They don't need smart assed political statements based on social media 'reports' to muddy their efforts.

So easy to be "clever" or brave behind a computer keyboard. Fuck's sake!!

2 minutes ago, Enzedel92 said:

ANOTHER FUCKING DELAY.  THAT WOULD MAKE 4

No - that would just mean the AP remaining up - have you even taken part in any sort of major regatta?

2 minutes ago, GSBTom said:

Dumb question time, is the RC using something like mark set bots?

I don't think so but they are an amazing product, very clever

Just now, Tornado-Cat said:

Asking the same as I asked last times, could IM have found another course with more wind or do we have another shit show ?

That's the trouble with a forecast, it's an educated guess :-)

Asking the same as I asked last times, could IM have found another course with more wind or do we have another shit show ?

There is plenty of wind, the problem is abrupt shifts creating a biased course similar to what we saw in Bermuda where it was a 1 gybe run on occasion.  This is RM 101 stuff, so I don't understand why people are complaining.

• Like 2

So, now you blame the brits and not he choice of the course ? How many do we have, 6 ?

Wait, last week you said course A was too rough to use, now you wanna use it again?

1 minute ago, crashtack said:

No. From first hand experience, those things suck

Interested to hear how or why they suck. Could you PM me as it was suggested to me i become an agent for them - would much appreciate it

Just now, NSP said:

There is plenty of wind, the problem is abrupt shifts creating a biased course similar to what we saw in Bermuda where it was a 1 gybe run on occasion.  This is RM 101 stuff, so I don't understand why people are complaining.

Oh, yes, those boats that can only race upwind and downwind even though the kiwis know their weather conditions ? that is the AC FFS.

4 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Wait, last week you said course A was too rough to use, now you wanna use it again?

I never said that, but coming from you I understand it. You are in charge now, find the right fucking conditions.

Oh, yes, those boats that can only race upwind and downwind even though the kiwis know their weather conditions ? that is the AC FFS.

WTF are you talking about?  RM's job is to set a fair course, if it is biased pre-start it is standard practice to postpone and re-orientate the marks to ensure it is not a follow-the-leader situation.

4 minutes ago, animeproblem said:

Smegging Hell! this is driving me MAD! I've got beer & bourbon to drink!

& red hot atomic fireballs too (just remembered to buy those).

Good planning.

Just now, NSP said:

WTF are you talking about?  RM's job is to set a fair course, if it is biased pre-start it is standard practice to postpone and re-orientate the marks to ensure it is not a follow-the-leader situation.

How long long time to re-oriente the marks ? :lol:

3 minutes ago, NSP said:

I was on RHKYC's Kellet IV (Committee Boat) on Dawa Bay one China Cup. Race start due 1100 or so. WE chased puffs of wind all over the bay like a duck with 60-70 ducklings motoring along after us. Finally a dark line started to appear on the horizon and racing in double digits of breeze could begin AT 1400. Currently the delay here is just over 1 hour.

8 minutes ago, shanghaisailor said:

They don't need smart assed political statements based on social media 'reports' to muddy their efforts.

Oh so the plight of the Uyghurs is fake news.

Is that you Don?

• Like 2

How long long time to re-oriente the marks ? :lol:

These marks?  I suspect 5-10 minutes and then a sustained period of even wind across the course before the start sequence is initiated.  You claim to race so I think you're just trolling now.

Just now, Priscilla said:

Oh so the plight of the Uyghurs is fake news.

Is that you Don?

Take it to Political Anarchy - I came here to discuss a yacht race not listen to social news media - 

I'M OUT -fucks sake

6 minutes ago, NSP said:

These marks?  I suspect 5-10 minutes and then a sustained period of even wind across the course before the start sequence is initiated.  You claim to race so I think you're just trolling now.

I thought you kiwis had 6 different race course for best races, btw, too dangerous for cats :lol:

4 minutes ago, Varan said:

Good planning.

Yeah been off the bourbon for a spell but have no decided for the duration of the cup it's back on.

Fireballs have been a thing since the days of Conner & Cayard, not that I was pulling for them, I just dig the candy!

11 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

I never said that, but coming from you I understand it. You are in charge now, find the right fucking conditions.

Like I said last week, hold on while I go outside and tell the wind what to do.

Ya fucking moron!

6 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

I thought you kiwis had 6 different races for best races, btw, too dangerous for cats :lol:

If that was a cat that had capsized last week it'd be in 100 pieces at the bottom of the Waitemata.

• Like 2
Just now, Forourselves said:

Like I said last week, hold on while I go outside and tell the wind what to do.

Ya fucking moron!

You now you change your discorus again F Yourself. This would be  a joke if it was not the AC,

1 minute ago, Tornado-Cat said:

You now you change your discorus again F Yourself. This would be  a joke if it was not the AC,

You act like its somehow NZ's fault that the wind is shifting. Idiot.

Just now, pusslicker said:

So we're delaying this shit so a few hundred people can watch from the land while the other 10000 of us around the world have to keep fucking waiting?

If your from Paris ...then of course you have a riot that you have to attend. 

1 minute ago, Tornado-Cat said:

IMO, Jimmy made a mistake at the last mark

No, if wind is phasing right, the play is always to take the left gate and tack right away. It’s instant distance gained on boats taking the other gate (assuming the gates are square).

26 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

How many race courses do you have, was not it you motto ?

It was Iain Murrays decision. The Kiwi's had multiple courses but the Americans ended that. Nothing to do with us!

Again, you're an idiot.

4 minutes ago, GSBTom said:

No, if wind is phasing right, the play is always to take the left gate and tack right away. It’s instant distance gained on boats taking the other gate (assuming the gates are square).

He could have gone straight and avoid a maneuver that cost him the race.

Another defense F yourself ?

Like I said, nothing to do with us. When you can prove its somehow the Kiwi's fault, I'll listen. But you can't so you're just another loser playing with his fragile little toy cats lol

2 minutes ago, mako23 said:

This is way better than ac50 racing

Not shabby with a broken whatsit.

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Race of the summer right there! 

Luna Rossa maybe a bit of a gripe with the no penalty call on that final cross. 

Or the Brits could gripe about the breakage but they wont.