• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a race like that is why the committee was correct in postponing the race so many times. I think that the race was worth the wait.  Cheers to the Race Committee!

Semi Final Race 1 book is open - hit like for an AM win, dislike for LRPP.  Don’t sit on the fence now!

Funny when I click on the cup site I get this:

Posted Images

RULE BRITANNIA !!!!

Bring on Race 2 to prove it wasn’t a fluke. 

9 minutes ago, 167149 said:

upgrades could well take them to this and lighter air hasnt been seen, however, the ride height is a bit of a giveaway...lads

INEOS was lower so what does that mean? First cup race ive seen on the new platform.  Hard to tell the difference between the UW and DW legs with the apparent angles.... Whatever Magic got pasted! 

39 minutes ago, Barnyb said:

Anything with Toni Street on is targeted at those that consider exercise as going to the fridge.

She is short, fat, can't open her eyes, has a terrible accent, not that smart - and yet here she is. The Maori guy I think his name is "token"  (for those South Park fans). I have a lot of time for Peter Lester but maybe he shines because no one else on the show has any clue about sailing.

Watch another channel

Sure, the commentary is terrible compared to ken Read et al, but you had to go the misogynist/racist shitbag route eh?  You mum must be proud!

• Like 7
  • Downvote 1

Heard Auckland HomeDepot was out of sandbags the last 2 weeks

• Like 2
1 minute ago, RobbieB said:

INEOS was lower so what does that mean? First cup race ive seen on the new platform.  Hard to tell the difference between the UW and DW legs with the apparent angles.... Whatever Magic got pasted! 

was the steady low ride height i was referring to

3 minutes ago, Horn Rock said:

AM were tactically poor. I think they thought they could just boat speed the Brits.

Yeah- based on the speedo readings they didn't seem to be much different if at all.

48 minutes ago, Barnyb said:

Anything with Toni Street on is targeted at those that consider exercise as going to the fridge.

She is short, fat, can't open her eyes, has a terrible accent, not that smart - and yet here she is. The Maori guy I think his name is "token"  (for those South Park fans). I have a lot of time for Peter Lester but maybe he shines because no one else on the show has any clue about sailing.

Watch another channel

Got PJ Montgomery on the radio with Chris Steele and Brad Butterworth much better 

14 minutes ago, Man Overboard said:

Try establishing your VPN connection then opening a new private/incognito browser window and then head to YouTube. Make sure you're not logged in to YouTube.

Using Firefox, VPN on, new private window, not logged in to YT,... not finding anything live at YT?

Just now, MaxHugen said:

Using Firefox, VPN on, new private window, not logged in to YT,... not finding anything live at YT?

Connect to the UK if you have the choice, at least that's what's working for me.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, P Flados said:

FYI, 

I am in the US and watched the whole thing on Facebook with no VPN.

I'm US too but used the Sky sport mix live stream. No sound and was too chicken shit to change anything.  Didn't want to loose it! 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, MaxHugen said:

All working for me Max. Chrome and Urban VPN extension.

1 minute ago, crashtack said:

Connect to the UK if you have the choice, at least that's what's working for me.

Thanks, will try...

4 minutes ago, 167149 said:

what station?

Gold AM

If using iheart there are two stations the one says home of the americas cup 

Gold FM just music. 

Watching in USA on Chrome with TotalVPN, Air Parrot 3 to cast to Apple TV. Bit of a hack, but working well.

Wow, Ineos was fast. Seemed to have consistently higher boat speed.

30F223C3-5FB1-4AC7-ACDD-FBF3D51B4319.jpeg

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, idontwan2know said:

Really poor tactics from AM in that race. They spent the whole race on the wrong side of the course...far more than Ineos made them spend there. Also missed a couple lay lines and had to throw in an extra tack multiple times.

Terry?

27 minutes ago, Tropical Madness said:

Kayo sports. i think 1st month is free. cancel anytime

False alarm, user error perhaps

Ineos kicked butt!

DB looks old when he swaps sides

9 minutes ago, crashtack said:

THANK YOU !!!!   Damned if I know why VPNing via the NZ server wouldn't work - but the UK is AOK.

Need a cold shower now, was going red with rage - unlike me....

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, DayTripper said:

Terry?

was thinking I'd seen that before and ....YES.... very similar to valencia when he wouldnt tack and cover and kept going left with no thought of protecting the right

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, zillafreak said:

INEOS faster than AM upwind, downwind, and sailed a shorter distance. That boat aint slow.

AM we’re forced to play on the wrong side of the course, in the vain hope of wind shift which never came. Losing the start is what killed them

2 minutes ago, mako23 said:

AM we’re forced to play on the wrong side of the course, in the vain hope of wind shift which never came. Losing the start is what killed them

So driver or tactician fuck up?

Just now, idontwan2know said:

From a spectator perspective, if the races are going to be this short they have to get the second start off a lot quicker.

Just too much not sailing in this broadcast.

The problem is they don't have much to talk about in between races. They don't have anything prepared to fill the gap.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, idontwan2know said:

From a spectator perspective, if the races are going to be this short they have to get the second start off a lot quicker.

Just too much not sailing in this broadcast.

Yeah long time between races but meanwhile Ineos smoking Luna Rossa already..!

3 minutes ago, GSBTom said:

Luna Rosa faster downwind...

And yet Ineos extended their lead. 

LR getting a big gain out on the right side of the course though. 

Other than the start this is boat speed so far by Ineos IMO. Their numbers are good and the boat is smooth. The foils looking good too. So far Race 1 no fluke either

• Like 1

What a FUCKING BOAR after the Fat Lady sings after the 1st boat rounds the 1st mark 

Why not give them 10 min to get as far from the start as possible

Except for the Local Shots I would rather watch a commercial 

AND I LOVE(ed) The AMERICAS CUP !!!

Two splashdowns in a row for LR rounding at the top mark.

Commentators suggesting cavitation off the foils reducing the lift. That’s a massive mistake if they’ve caused that with a foil design change over the last few weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

And yet Ineos extended their lead. 

LR getting a big gain out on the right side of the course though. 

Yep, right after I posted Ineos picked up.

BANG !

So..... no fluke. 

RULE BRITANNIA!

Don’t think they were sandbagging at all. Otherwise the team wouldn’t have been working so hard over the past weeks. They’ve shown they can sail in good breeze. Question remains March light wind. 

34 minutes ago, mako23 said:

This just doesn't apply to going around the wrong windward mark, though.

• Like 1