By the way in Italy it's late night and I doubt Mr Bertelli will be available until morning. I don't think any decision will be taken by Sirena alone, so you will have to patiently wait for more insults ;) Buona notte a tutti, it's late for me too.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a race like that is why the committee was correct in postponing the race so many times. I think that the race was worth the wait.  Cheers to the Race Committee!

Semi Final Race 1 book is open - hit like for an AM win, dislike for LRPP.  Don’t sit on the fence now!

Please just stick to the facts and not your opinion.  You have a fundamental misunderstanding of how this all works.  The flu is down because of all the hand washing, social distancing, mask wearing,

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, porthos said:

The official AC release says the CoR will "declare" LRPP the winner. Thing is, the rules make clear there is no "declaration" needed. If one team has an advantage in points greater than the number of points available in the last two days, that team is the winner. Nobody has to say or declare anything. It just is. 

Makes you wonder why the press release uses that language.

Asolutely correct.  I am not sure many people on this thread have seen much Match Racing.  Its the way it happens.

6 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

What’s new? :) 

Prada will take whatever advantages they can, as would any other syndicate. 

The slightly bizarre but possible scenario is if Ineos does win this series, and then if the Match also gets delayed, if Prada would agree to any of that Match dates schedule changes despite already being eliminated? It’d put RNZYS in an, umm, interesting position as the Deed’s Fiduciary. Read that language, it gets wild. 

Sorry but I just do not see the Kiwis acting like Prada.   If they want to play that game, then they could put a quiet word into their premier's ear and have racing postponed such that the AC cannot be started on time and defender defaults to victory. But we all know that ETNZ wants this decided on the water and they want the best team to emerge from the Prada Cup and give them the best challenge possible for the AC.

ETNZ wants to win , but they want to win a boat race. ....and they want to be racing against a team that won best of 13 races in a series to be sure that they are up against the best that the RoW can throw against them.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, EYESAILOR said:

If you declare yourselves the winner, it will always be the challenger that did not do it the right way. You will go down in history as poor sports. 

Nah, it will be forgotten quickly as playing by the rules. The Match is what will be remembered. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, EYESAILOR said:

If you declare yourselves the winner, it will always be the challenger that did not do it the right way. You will go down in history as poor sports. What a terrible thing to do for the Prada brand and for Luna Rossa's long association with the AC.   Patrizio Bertelli is held in such esteem by so many AC fans and he will lose his reputation for ever if it goes down this way.

Has LRPP said that it will declare itself the winner? 

11 minutes ago, EYESAILOR said:

+1.

LR appear to have this.   They only have to win 3 out of the next 9 races. The odds are all on their side and their boat look magnificent. Cummon guys, do it the right way.   If you declare yourselves the winner, it will always be the challenger that did not do it the right way. You will go down in history as poor sports. What a terrible thing to do for the Prada brand and for Luna Rossa's long association with the AC.   Patrizio Bertelli is held in such esteem by so many AC fans and he will lose his reputation for ever if it goes down this way.

What does the boat looking magnificent have to do with winning races? 

14 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Best just button it now though to be sure though eh? 

you think it’s the right thing to insist on racing during a level three lockdown? Prada vs NZ government? Get fucked. It’s a situation they know they won’t win and forces the declaration option. 

it’s a dick move 

Didn't see where they are insisting on racing, just that they would like to. Big difference there. Do you really think Prada thinks they can just push the NZ government aside? Maybe you need to button it for a bit.

They want to finish the regatta if at all possible. They are also making it clear that, at this point they will enforce the rules if required. Fuck me what a bunch of assholes, following the rules, in an AC of all things.

My guess is the have a full plan on improving the boat over the downtime to the actual cup races. To willingly throw that out the window at this point would be reckless in the extreme. I do like the idea of pushing the dates of both events to keep the same time available to the winner. I also have no problem with the team with the most wins on the due date grabbing the challenger spot.

The fact you see it as a dick move gives the impression you have never competed in big events.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, EYESAILOR said:

Sorry but I just do not see the Kiwis acting like Prada.   If they want to play that game, then they could put a quiet word into their premier's ear and have racing postponed such that the AC cannot be started on time and defender defaults to victory.

I don’t think it works that way.. The Challenge terms cannot be broken unless by Mutual Consent. 

We likely won’t see any of this happen but   it always seems a relevant enough AC subject at crunch times like this. 

1 minute ago, Stingray~ said:

I don’t think it works that way.. The Challenge terms cannot be broken unless by Mutual Consent. 

We likely won’t see any of this happen but   it always seems a relevant enough AC subject at crunch times like this. 

What do the challenger terms say if racing cannot be completed on time.

1 minute ago, EYESAILOR said:

What do the challenger terms say if racing cannot be completed on time.

This: "The winner of the Final Stage will be the first to score at least seven (7) points. However, at any
time in the last two Final reserve days, the Competitor with a score advantage greater than the
total number of points available after applying scoring changes as per RRSAC 90.3(d) shall be
the winner."

1 hour ago, strider470 said:

I think they should postpone both the deadline for the Prada Cup and the  beginning of the AC match by the same number of days

If you were the Defender, why would you go for that? Cause the Challengers couldn't get their little prelim exercise done in time for the main event?

It´s very funny, most of us  tears their clothes in the name of  the rules, but now most of us are  willing to go by them. Reminds of Marx's quoting: these are my principles, if you don't like them i've got others... (I meant Groucho)

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Nah, it will be forgotten quickly as playing by the rules. The Match is what will be remembered. 

Unless they beat the defender..and then there might be a few long memories.

1 minute ago, porthos said:

This: "The winner of the Final Stage will be the first to score at least seven (7) points. However, at any
time in the last two Final reserve days, the Competitor with a score advantage greater than the
total number of points available after applying scoring changes as per RRSAC 90.3(d) shall be
the winner."

Thanks but does the NOR specify actual dates agreed to? 

32 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Yep.. With maybe $1B invested over the years into AC campaigns, Patrizio won’t let ‘friendship’ sway his decision for even 3 seconds. His goal is to win, then take it to Europe. 

That's the game.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, JALhazmat said:

If it goes that way I can see INEOS  being out with ETNZ every day till cup time

If it goes that way I can see INEOS T-boning LR during training and sending them to the bottom of the harbour. Can't see the teams rallying around like they did for AM and every carbon fabricator in town will be "busy"

3 minutes ago, porthos said:

the winner."

That sounds like the Prada Cup? Is that what the terms of the AC say?

30 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Best just button it now though to be sure though eh? 

you think it’s the right thing to insist on racing during a level three lockdown? Prada vs NZ government? Get fucked. It’s a situation they know they won’t win and forces the declaration option. 

it’s a dick move 

There's no insistence on racing. It's "We're gonna race until you tell us not to"

Gov't says "nope"

LR says, OK. Out of our hands.

• Like 1
Just now, Stingray~ said:

Thanks but does the NOR specify actual dates agreed to? 

Yes. Regatta scheduled to end on 2/22. 2/23 and 2/24 were the final reserve days.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, porthos said:

The official AC release says the CoR will "declare" LRPP the winner. Thing is, the rules make clear there is no "declaration" needed. If one team has an advantage in points greater than the number of points available in the last two days, that team is the winner. Nobody has to say or declare anything. It just is. 

Pressure. To heap more pressure on Ineos than there already is.

When race course pressure of the Prada final came on, Ineos were found wanting. Prada are adding to that pressure with off the water tactics. Nothing new for the A/c.

I actually have a some respect for Prada by coming here and playing hardball at every turn. They certainly arent the poodle of recent cups. Id prefer to see the racing won on the water of course, but Prada are playing the game to the best of their ability and advantage.

• Like 6

Here’s an idea, although I realize it may understandably rub some folks the wrong way.. 

Since ETNZ is threatening to take it somewhere else if Auckland won’t pay up, then maybe an ETNZ loss is an easy way out of a political mess.. for Auckland? 

6 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Didn't see where they are insisting on racing, just that they would like to. Big difference there. Do you really think Prada thinks they can just push the NZ government aside? Maybe you need to button it for a bit.

They want to finish the regatta if at all possible. They are also making it clear that, at this point they will enforce the rules if required. Fuck me what a bunch of assholes, following the rules, in an AC of all things.

My guess is the have a full plan on improving the boat over the downtime to the actual cup races. To willingly throw that out the window at this point would be reckless in the extreme. I do like the idea of pushing the dates of both events to keep the same time available to the winner. I also have no problem with the team with the most wins on the due date grabbing the challenger spot.

The fact you see it as a dick move gives the impression you have never competed in big events.

Gee thanks for not reading the links or the images posted 

its the first few lines circled in SA Yellow , 

the COR made their position very clear to race despite the L3 restrictions ( paraphrased) 

as for the big events thing? I bet my dads tougher than your dad.. 

7A81DE27-D20C-40AC-9B46-648EC07189B2.jpeg

24 minutes ago, EYESAILOR said:

+1.

LR appear to have this.   They only have to win 3 out of the next 9 races. The odds are all on their side and their boat look magnificent. Cummon guys, do it the right way.   If you declare yourselves the winner, it will always be the challenger that did not do it the right way. You will go down in history as poor sports. What a terrible thing to do for the Prada brand and for Luna Rossa's long association with the AC.   Patrizio Bertelli is held in such esteem by so many AC fans and he will lose his reputation for ever if it goes down this way.

And then Team NZ runs the main event while the Challengers play tiddly winks.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JJD said:

When race course pressure of the Prada final came on, Ineos were found wanting. Prada are adding to that pressure with off the water tactics. Nothing new for the A/c.

I actually have a some respect for Prada by coming here and playing hardball at every turn. They certainly arent the poodle of recent cups. Id prefer to see the racing won on the water of course, but Prada are playing the game to the best of their ability and advantage.

Like every team has done in the past in the same situation...

Just now, Sea Breeze 74 said:

If it goes that way I can see INEOS T-boning LR during training and sending them to the bottom of the harbour. Can't see the teams rallying around like they did for AM and every carbon fabricator in town will be "busy"

At the very least, I doubt that there will be any sympathy or support if LR have any kind of mishap.........nor can I see the award ceremony for the Prada Cup being a moment of pride. 

If LR loses the AC, its not like they will be remembered as the winner of the challenger series.

4 minutes ago, EYESAILOR said:

That sounds like the Prada Cup? Is that what the terms of the AC say?

My apologies -- I thought that is what you asked about.

The actual match itself contains no such provisions for shortening the match.  Rather, it reads "If the match is not completed prior to 15 March then racing will continue every day until completion."   Section 1.5(d) of the Protocol requires seven points to win the match.

5 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Here’s an idea, although I realize it may understandably rub some folks the wrong way.. 

Since ETNZ is threatening to take it somewhere else if Auckland won’t pay up, then maybe an ETNZ loss is an easy way out of a political mess.. for Auckland? 

how does that make any sense at all for ETNZ, you know the current cup holder.

12 minutes ago, JJD said:

I actually suspect it's to put pressure on LRPP to capitulate to postponing rather than insisting on following the rules as written. The AC press release appears to be painting LRPP intentionally in a negative light (by "declaring" themselves the winner) when nothing of the sort can even happen.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, EYESAILOR said:

At the very least, I doubt that there will be any sympathy or support if LR have any kind of mishap.......

Why would anyone have any "sympathy" for any of these teams? It's a billionaire's playground. 

2 minutes ago, porthos said:

I actually suspect it's to put pressure on LRPP to capitulation to postponing rather than insisting on following the rules as written. The AC press release appears to be painting LRPP intentionally in a negative light (by "declaring" themselves the winner) when nothing of the sort can even happen.

Ah i see the angle you are coming from.

I was thinking from the position of Prada, not ACE.

Yes I agree that ACE have probably made this announcement to put pressure on Prada to toe the line. They have done it previously with the Course B and C drama.

Just received from the COR by email:

CHALLENGER OF RECORD AMERICA'S CUP 36 ORGANIZER OF THE PRADA CUP CALLS FOR RESUMING RACING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

Challenger of Record America's Cup 36 (COR 36) - the organizer of the PRADA Cup – urged America’s Cup Events (ACE) to request an exemption to carry on the Final of the PRADA Cup in compliance with the Racing Calendar and in order to meet the legitimate expectations of the competitors involved, of the international public and of the international television networks who have already programmed their broadcastings.

Unfortunately this did not happen, notwithstanding a protocol and a procedure which were put in place since months in the event such circumstance would occur. COR 36 has been now informed by America’s Cup Events (ACE) that they are discussing with the Authorities different options, including the postponement of the racing to the 26th of February; this is in total breach of the regulations, which set the 24th of February as the end of the PRADA Cup, without any possible extension.

COR 36 is indeed endeavoring to ensure that the PRADA Cup Final resumes as early as the 19th of February whilst respecting public health and the protocols imposed by the New Zealand government, and has offered its full support to ACE and to the local authorities to immediately implement the Level 3 Alert management plan provided for by the AC36 Event COVID-19 Management On Land and On Water Plans. These plans provide that, in a level 3 COVID-19 alert, the AC36 Village shall be closed and the regattas shall resume “behind closed doors”, without any public, as it already happens for many international sporting events (Formula 1, Australian Open etc.).

This on water management plan has already been tested and can therefore be immediately activated with the approval of the Authorities. Since teams are authorised to sail and practice under COVID-19 level 3 alert, it is hard to understand why racing “behind closed doors” could not be allowed applying the same protocols.

In this context, and in compliance with the regulations, there is no reason to further delay the carrying on of the regattas as scheduled, giving both teams the opportunity to complete the number of races required by the series within the terms and deadlines imposed by the racing calendar. It should be reminded that otherwise Rule A2.3(b) of Appendix A to the World Sailing Racing Rules of Sailing America’s Cup edition Version 3.03 for the 36th America’s Cup presented by PRADA - which provide that “….the winner is the team with the highest score at the date of the final scheduled date” - would apply.

COR 36 hopes not to apply this provision and that an exemption to allow racing at the scheduled dates will be granted.

COR 36 - Press Officer Antonio Vettese
  • Like 4
15 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Don't do drugs kids.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, strider470 said:

I think they should postpone both the deadline for the Prada Cup and the  beginning of the AC match by the same number of days

Here you are:.

"To respect the original timeframe scheduled between the Prada Cup Final and the America’s Cup Match, Race 1 of the Match would subsequently begin a week later on Saturday 13 March with the intention of racing still being completed by 21 March."

1 minute ago, Indio said:

Here you are:.

"To respect the original timeframe scheduled between the Prada Cup Final and the America’s Cup Match, Race 1 of the Match would subsequently begin a week later on Saturday 13 March with the intention of racing still being completed by 21 March."

This is what I would do. But I'm reading the email posted by Weta and apparently,  how to cope with the present scenario has been foreseen in advance. I didn't know.

8 minutes ago, Lickindip said:

well looks like the COR will have the last deciding word

image.png.76a8fca753be2c52971063d8e81d2d13.png

image.png.d291b4ccab97ebfde43fae15d6c94a27.png

All irrelevant, since racing for the CSS final has commenced.  LR can’t unilaterally change the CCS conditions now.

46 minutes ago, Varan said:

My take is LR wants to sail, but AC officials want live fans. Meanwhile, ETNZ is out practicing while the challengers sit waiting.

Frackers are out practicing on the sparkling Waitemata today unsure if the Handbags are.

51 minutes ago, porthos said:

A lot of the press releases complaining about LR have had a passive aggressive tone by my read. It has struck me as strange. I wonder who is actually writing them?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, RobG said:

All irrelevant, since racing for the CSS final has commenced.  LR can’t unilaterally change the CCS conditions now.

LR arnt changing the plan, they are saying still to what was agreed ... ACE is trying to change them.

LR is saying race them under L2 / 3 on the dates and keep the schedule, if the schedule is incomplete due to covid/weather without someone making it to the required number, then the winner is the one with the highest score

ACE is trying to postpone for a week is a brand new plan

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1
16 minutes ago, weta27 said:

. It should be reminded that otherwise Rule A2.3(b) of Appendix A to the World Sailing Racing Rules of Sailing America’s Cup edition Version 3.03 for the 36th America’s Cup presented by PRADA - which provide that “….the winner is the team with the highest score at the date of the final scheduled date” - would apply.

Wow! 

30 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

the COR made their position very clear to race despite the L3 restrictions ( paraphrased) 

As LR wish to be pedantic about rules... none of the competitors sailed in the AWCS events, therefore are ineligible for the CSS.

Unless the wording for Protocol 3.2 was updated or superceded, there's no valid challenger possible? Does ETNZ have to race a challenger that didn't complete the AWCS and was therefore ineligible for CSS?

Just a thought experiment, obviously. Maybe some lawyers did write the exemption down and update 3.2?

Screenshot_20210217-144802_Edge.jpg

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Here you are...

"This morning the Challenger of Record (COR36) has made their position very clear in stating their desire to race from tomorrow despite COVID Alert level 3..."

50 minutes ago, Varan said:

My take is LR wants to sail, but AC officials want live fans. Meanwhile, ETNZ is out practicing while the challengers sit waiting.

The challengers are welcome and permitted to be out sailing. In fact I would personally recommend it.

3 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Wow! 

? Surprised by the RRS? They govern our sport and should not be a surprise, enlightening perhaps, but the are the rules we should strive to abide.

On another topic, my vote is the old D18 and a bit of flat picking. 

7 minutes ago, Lickindip said:

LR arnt changing the plan, they are saying still to what was agreed ... ACE is trying to change them.

LR is saying race them under L2 / 3 on the dates and keep the schedule, if the schedule is incomplete due to covid/weather without someone making it to the required number, then the winner is the one with the highest score

ACE is trying to postpone for a week is a brand new plan

Cool, I thought you were inferring that LR could just change things. ACE is trying to protect its commercial interests, which I guess is fine, but dumping on LR is not.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

So they show a desire to race despite covid lockdown. Maybe it is possible, they can train, so the boats can go out. They just need the bare minimum of support. No on water announcers, no helicopters, no press, just two boats and the committee. No idea if it is possible, but is likely what they are saying.

No where does it say they want to break the lockdown rules and tell the government to piss off.

As for dad's, yours probably is as mine has been dead for over 40 years. If yours still isn't...

15 minutes ago, Indio said:

Here you are...

"This morning the Challenger of Record (COR36) has made their position very clear in stating their desire to race from tomorrow despite COVID Alert level 3..."

See the word 'desire', look it up. Or is English a second language?

2 minutes ago, RobG said:

Cool, I thought you were inferring that LR could just change things. ACE is trying to protect its commercial interests, which I guess is fine, but dumping on LR is not.

I'm not sure how ACE is protecting its interest by not following the clear rules set out prior.

why did ACE/LR bother developing and signing off covid protocols when ignore them at the first hurdle that the covid protocols had planned for and insert a postponement. 

if ACE is technically working for COR to put on this event on then I'm surprised they aren't fired on the spot

image.png.bae0caad37f4e0341384e92ad6ac2e3d.png

AC36 Event COVID-19 Management On Land and On Water Plans. These plans provide that, in a level 3 COVID-19 alert, the AC36 Village shall be closed and the regattas shall resume “behind closed doors”, without any public, as it already happens for many international sporting events (Formula 1, Australian Open etc.). 

Anyone found a copy?

11 minutes ago, idontwan2know said:

Bertelli is a legendary asshole when he decides to turn on you. EB, Larry, and now Dalts have all experienced it.

Lie down with dogs, wake up with fleas.

A team owner is trying to get his team to win, what a surprise.

This isn't Wednesday night beer can racing with your mates.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, idontwan2know said:

Definitely isn't. It's a game for rich assholes, as they so regularly remind us.

Assholes are spread over the whole spectrum of bank account sizes, I fear

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

image.thumb.png.2b3938ad4a76a3cc4c00ee0f9c9670ec.png

the result should be won on the water ... that agrees with LR saying stick to the pre-agreed strategy and race behind closed doors

the govt has granted exemptions for you to train & race  in L2 / 3 not agreed to 'curtail racing'

the ALTERNATIVE solution by ACE which was not pre-agreed to by anyone has come out of nowhere and will not stick up in court as ACE do not have the power to overrule something already agreed by COR/Defender/ACE

geeeez if an employee did what ACE has done you have just ground for instant dismissal ... what was pre-organised was Legal, ACE was instructed to carry out the event has not followed through ... LR has every right to demand ACE to ------- STICK TO THE AGREED PLAN!!!

• Like 5
40 minutes ago, buckdouger said:

A lot of the press releases complaining about LR have had a passive aggressive tone by my read. It has struck me as strange. I wonder who is actually writing them?

This is the truth! ETNZ use aggressive media comments to attack. It's been their go to move for a few campaigns. They have a couple friendly journos that the give a quick call before dropping a very biased slanderous press release. It's not very classy, it's low-ball bottom feeding.

Could be the same posted above somewhere:

AMERICA’S CUP EVENT (ACE) POSITION ON CONTINUATION OF RACING:

In these uncertain times, as the permitted Event Organiser responsible for the delivery of the 36th America’s Cup presented by PRADA in Auckland under the Host Venue Agreement with NZ Government and Auckland Council, America’s Cup Event Limited remains committed to maintaining as many aspects as possible of the Event as originally planned.

This includes the ambition to maximise the possibility of safe public engagement at the event for Aucklanders and Kiwis from around the country, as well as the commercial benefits to local businesses, event sponsors and partners which includes the New Zealand Government and Auckland City. We are also mindful of the global broadcasting rights holders that are taking the stunning images of our country with thousands of people enjoying the event and broadcasting them into living rooms and devices around the world.

America’s Cup Event Chair Tina Symmans said, “As event organisers, we have spent a considerable amount of time since Sunday evening looking at all possible scenarios. Like the majority of events around the country this weekend, the ramifications of running the remainder of the event need to be considered in an environment which is highly uncertain due to the latest COVID-19 concerns.”

ACE has consulted with the America’s Cup Minister Stuart Nash and senior Council officials and one consideration has been to postpone the current schedule of racing and events in the best interests of the public and all stakeholders given the current COVID-19 environment.

The position of ACE is based on one of two options based on the Government’s review of alert levels at 4:30 this afternoon:

• If the alert levels drop to level 1 in time, then racing will resume this weekend.
  • If the alert level remains at 3 or 2, which obviously entails restrictions in gatherings and difficulties with events, racing and event activations would need to be rescheduled to recommence the Prada Cup Final on Friday 26 February. To respect the original timeframe scheduled between the Prada Cup Final and the America’s Cup Match, Race 1 of the Match would subsequently begin a week later on Saturday 13 March with the intention of racing still being completed by 21 March.

This morning the Challenger of Record (COR36) has made their position very clear in stating their desire to race from tomorrowdespite COVID Alert level 3, to complete the PRADA Cup final by the 24th February in accordance with the existing PRADA Cup conditions.

They have also stated that if the racing program cannot be completed by Wednesday (24th) they intend to declare the leading point scorer the winner of the PRADA Cup and Challenger for the America’s Cup Match. Under the current points situation, that would be Luna Rossa Prada Pirelli Team.

“There is no guarantee as to what COVID-19 Alert Level Auckland or New Zealand will be operating under. If the event is faced with operating under COVID-19 Level 2 or 3, plans are in place to ensure the continued delivery and conclusion of the 36th America’s Cup presented by Prada within the scheduled dates.” Explained Symmans.
“Clearly this would have potential implications for public participation which we are trying to avoid, however the intention of the potential rescheduling will give the best possible opportunity to see the event run with maximum engagement and benefits for public and stakeholders.”

1 minute ago, Stingray~ said:

This morning the Challenger of Record (COR36) has made their position very clear in stating their desire to race from tomorrowdespite COVID Alert level 3, to complete the PRADA Cup final by the 24th February in accordance with the existing PRADA Cup conditions.

They have also stated that if the racing program cannot be completed by Wednesday (24th) they intend to declare the leading point scorer the winner of the PRADA Cup and Challenger for the America’s Cup Match. Under the current points situation, that would be Luna Rossa Prada Pirelli Team.

Yep.. 

Just now, Stingray~ said:

Yep.. 

This statement from ACE omits that a plan to deal with such a situation was made in advance. It is clearly stated in the statement by the COR

• Like 5
1 hour ago, weta27 said:

Just received from the COR by email:

CHALLENGER OF RECORD AMERICA'S CUP 36 ORGANIZER OF THE PRADA CUP CALLS FOR RESUMING RACING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

Challenger of Record America's Cup 36 (COR 36) - the organizer of the PRADA Cup – urged America’s Cup Events (ACE) to request an exemption to carry on the Final of the PRADA Cup in compliance with the Racing Calendar and in order to meet the legitimate expectations of the competitors involved, of the international public and of the international television networks who have already programmed their broadcastings.

Unfortunately this did not happen, notwithstanding a protocol and a procedure which were put in place since months in the event such circumstance would occur. COR 36 has been now informed by America’s Cup Events (ACE) that they are discussing with the Authorities different options, including the postponement of the racing to the 26th of February; this is in total breach of the regulations, which set the 24th of February as the end of the PRADA Cup, without any possible extension.

COR 36 is indeed endeavoring to ensure that the PRADA Cup Final resumes as early as the 19th of February whilst respecting public health and the protocols imposed by the New Zealand government, and has offered its full support to ACE and to the local authorities to immediately implement the Level 3 Alert management plan provided for by the AC36 Event COVID-19 Management On Land and On Water Plans. These plans provide that, in a level 3 COVID-19 alert, the AC36 Village shall be closed and the regattas shall resume “behind closed doors”, without any public, as it already happens for many international sporting events (Formula 1, Australian Open etc.).

This on water management plan has already been tested and can therefore be immediately activated with the approval of the Authorities. Since teams are authorised to sail and practice under COVID-19 level 3 alert, it is hard to understand why racing “behind closed doors” could not be allowed applying the same protocols.

In this context, and in compliance with the regulations, there is no reason to further delay the carrying on of the regattas as scheduled, giving both teams the opportunity to complete the number of races required by the series within the terms and deadlines imposed by the racing calendar. It should be reminded that otherwise Rule A2.3(b) of Appendix A to the World Sailing Racing Rules of Sailing America’s Cup edition Version 3.03 for the 36th America’s Cup presented by PRADA - which provide that “….the winner is the team with the highest score at the date of the final scheduled date” - would apply.

COR 36 hopes not to apply this provision and that an exemption to allow racing at the scheduled dates will be granted.

COR 36 - Press Officer Antonio Vettese

This

• Like 1
1 minute ago, southseasbill said:

Just need to make the boats and race committee fully robotic/AI and problem would be solved.

Or using the simulator instead

EOS TEAM UK STATEMENT

INEOS TEAM UK STATEMENT

Following the statement from the America’s Cup Event Ltd (ACE) today (LINK) : 

INEOS TEAM UK respect the decision communicated by ACE to delay the PRADA Cup racing due to the current COVID-19 alert level in Auckland.

The result of the PRADA Cup final should be won and decided on the water in the agreed format of first to win 7 races.

INEOS TEAM UK fully respect the government's decision to curtail racing until it is safe to do so and would support a delay in the competition if that is required.

The solution put forward by ACE is sensible in ensuring both the safety of all in New Zealand, and the integrity of the sporting competition.

INEOS TEAM UK will continue with our race preparations and be ready to race when it is safe to do so.

https://www.ineosteamuk.com/en/articles/401_INEOS-TEAM-UK-STATEMENT.html?fbclid=IwAR33xR3icWney47W7sMfg8Uu-8NnDlOhN_DF0eG6BQAUmOjrS8YsZAqMEXM

For those that think
INEOS Team UK's "Britannia" is in the shed in pieces during this Auckland lockdown, think again. Spotted out training on the Waitemata Harbour at 1415 hours, Wednesday 17 February.
Yes - the teams are allowed to train during Auckland's Alert Level 3 lockdown.
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Barnyb said:
For those that think
INEOS Team UK's "Britannia" is in the shed in pieces during this Auckland lockdown, think again. Spotted out training on the Waitemata Harbour at 1415 hours, Wednesday 17 February.
Yes - the teams are allowed to train during Auckland's Alert Level 3 lockdown.

And they are allowed to race, so bring it.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Barnyb said:

Gilles Martin-Raget:

17 feb 2021 - 15 h NZ - Luna Rossa Prada Pirelli and Ineos Team UK training on course C

151381355_3806506562739707_4931781382525806201_n.jpg

Lack of social distancing...

1 hour ago, Lickindip said:

I'm not sure how ACE is protecting its interest by not following the clear rules set out prior.

It’s trying to delay until crowds can go to the event to increase revenue. 

LR can’t just sack ACE half way through an event, that’s a practical impossibility and would only occur if the event itself was about to collapse. ACE are probably doing the cup match too, so things would have to get a lot worse for anything to happen to them as event managers. The cost of replacing ACE, not to mention the logistical and legal repercussions, would be enormous. 

Just now, southseasbill said:

Level 2 from midnight in AKL. Let the games carry on.

The AC game at least, other events involving more than 100 still can't happen. Big impact on other sports and events this weekend.

Surely to God the international TV audience is far more important than placating a bunch of Jaffas. The AC village was near empty on Sunday cant see many there on a Thursday. Probably time for Butterworth to earn his money!

4 hours ago, Kenny Dumas said:

I think the rules disallow any down force on the foils “except during maneuvers”. Nice loophole. Conspiracy theorists have proven that Dalton is furious for LR revealing this trick they wrote into the rule since it can be readily implemented only if you have the source code for the FCS. 

I don't see how the cant system has anything to do with down force?

It would have to be achieved with the flaps, which I don't think are limited by the Rules.  At very high speeds (50+), calcs suggest the flaps on the leewa