Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, sosoomii said:

What I get is that having Christmas cancelled is tough. It literally happened to everyone in the UK at the 11th hour.  And the AC is your Christmas. But if it’s possible to train in L2 and L3, then it is possible to race.  So any decision to delay was financial not safety driven.  
It is not Luna Rossa’s fault that an outbreak occurred and I’m sure they want to get home at some point, so let the racing continue. 

I think what you are saying is that LR should make sacrifices so that you can enjoy yourself.  They’re in town to win the Cup, not entertain you. 

They're here because I, along with 5 million others allowed them to be here. Fuck them, they're gonna get their asses kicked in March.

If you thought ETNZ wasn't a National team before, they sure as hell are now!

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a race like that is why the committee was correct in postponing the race so many times. I think that the race was worth the wait.  Cheers to the Race Committee!

Semi Final Race 1 book is open - hit like for an AM win, dislike for LRPP.  Don’t sit on the fence now!

Please just stick to the facts and not your opinion.  You have a fundamental misunderstanding of how this all works.  The flu is down because of all the hand washing, social distancing, mask wearing,

Posted Images

1 minute ago, mako23 said:

No it’s not safe because lots of dick heads who don’t believe in Covid or don’t care will flock at certain points to watch the racing’s. These morons will then spread Covid 

Ban the crowd not the racing!  You were just saying how good everyone in NZ was at following the rules.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sosoomii said:

The fact that ACE backed down and racing is going ahead backs it up don’t you think? Or are they breaking the law?

No they were given permission by a govt minister 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chuso007 said:

40.000 illegal inmigrants entered Spain in 2020, either by boat or by jumping the fence.

El Hierro is one of the small Canary Islands, they have 97 active COVID cases (yesterday data), 83 are illegal inmigrants.

Don't think you are special or smarter than anyone else, you are just lucky to be where you are.

Ugh another Trumpet hung up on illegal immigrants.

As for the luck part, a real country makes its own luck, they don't wait for another country to give it to them.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sosoomii said:

Ban the crowd not the racing!  You were just saying how good everyone in NZ was at following the rules.

The crowd is the reason the Cup is happening at all moron.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sosoomii said:

Ban the crowd not the racing!  You were just saying how good everyone in NZ was at following the rules.

Ban the crowd.....good luck with that one. We would have to post police along all the seashore for miles. Many of the vantage points are parks. Is the government going to Ban access to parks so some Italian can sail. Not going to happen

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck the real villans here are ACE and ETNZ/INEOS. they wanted a one week delay because guess what the weather forecast for the imminent future (large area of high pressure extending from Perth to NZ) is.............oh funny that it will be light........all over by Sunday anyway

Link to post
Share on other sites

So we start off again on Saturday with Ineos 4-0 down.

No doubt we'll have to be putting up with the blessed shirley going on and on and on and on and on and on about BA's famous fight backs when he's angry.  Which she's been doing since the christmas series and he was one down in the Prada. Commontators eh?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mako23 said:

No it’s not safe because lots of dick heads who don’t believe in Covid or don’t care will flock at certain points to watch the racing’s. These morons will then spread Covid 

So ban them from watching the racing, they are the problem not LR

1 minute ago, Forourselves said:

Ugh another Trumpet hung up on illegal immigrants.

As for the luck part, a real country makes its own luck, they don't wait for another country to give it to them.

 

Another one looking at the finger instead of where the finger is pointing.

83 out of 97 are illegal inmigrants, if you can't see or understand what that means, you are not only lucky, you are also something else.

The "real country" part is just as laughable...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

The crowd is the reason the Cup is happening at all moron.

LOL, you can't be serious...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sosoomii said:

Huh? LR and Ineos travelled half way around the world to entertain a few picnickers on North Head? That’s very decent of them.

Did you watch the Sunday feed from the Viaduct ForMYself? There was no one there!!!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chuso007 said:

So ban them from watching the racing, they are the problem not LR

Another one looking at the finger instead of where the finger is pointing.

83 out of 97 are illegal inmigrants, if you can't see or understand what that means, you are not only lucky, you are also something else.

The "real country" part is just as laughable...

Banning people from watching would be next to impossible 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mako23 said:

No they were given permission by a govt minister 

Do you have any evidence for that? 

It might seem odd for ACE to be given special permission for something they clearly did not want to ask for. If they were given permission, who requested it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dogwatch said:

Do you have any evidence for that? 

It might seem odd for ACE to be given special permission for something they clearly did not want to ask for. If they were given permission, who requested it?

They were given exemption to train, which was the catalyst for wanting to race.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dogwatch said:

Do you have any evidence for that? 

It might seem odd for ACE to be given special permission for something they clearly did not want to ask for. If they were given permission, who requested it?

The only odd thing is Tina

Link to post
Share on other sites

To everyone righteously pointing out how a protocol was agreed to a year ago to race under restriction, no one saw a sudden lockdown then rapid change in levels. If the whole regatta had been under level 2, or 3, then no problem. But that's not what happened, things changed rapidly, and demanding all the staff and volunteers simply jump and scramble to race under difficult conditions is a bad look. Just not practical no matter what rules say which is why no racing today or tomorrow. Real life has intruded on the cup and ignoring that is terrible sportsmanship. LR shot themselves in the foot from day 1 by eagerly pointing out they win if the regatta isn't finished. 

I look forward to your further pleasantries. 

  • Like 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For the sake of truly understanding the benefit of physically watching the AC in AKL is that if you are on a boat you see fuck all and there is limited cell coverage out on the water. If you are on North Head it is good but if you look at the crowd size in televised races it is, well pathetic. This is ALL about TV, nothing else. There are over 5 million people in NZ and fuck all are physically watching (unless you are a rich AKLer). Right now no one gives a fuck because ETNZ are not racing. The AC is better off in Europe because it is about TV not a few rich wankers in AKL What do Kiwis really love? Well lets say that there are 5 T20 cricket games against AUS, all sold out WEEKS ahead

Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor old INEOS. The whole ACE attempt to delay the racing has ended up damaging their chances rather than helping them. 

Presumably ACE, directed by ETNZ and GD, wanted to help INEOS by extending the Prada Cup and at the same time pissing off LR and disrupting their momentum by dragging them into an unnecessary dispute.

I bet INEOS are now calling up GD and pleading with him to get racing underway on Friday as every day lost means they have less chance of overtaking LR before the end of racing on Tuesday. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, sosoomii said:

Huh? LR and Ineos travelled half way around the world to entertain a few picnickers on North Head? That’s very decent of them.

Those picnickers have paid several hundred million dollars in property and other taxes to host the Europeans in a downtown waterfront base. So yes very decent I should say 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, minimumfuss said:

To everyone righteously pointing out how a protocol was agreed to a year ago to race under restriction, no one saw a sudden lockdown then rapid change in levels. If the whole regatta had been under level 2, or 3, then no problem. But that's not what happened, things changed rapidly, and demanding all the staff and volunteers simply jump and scramble to race under difficult conditions is a bad look. Just not practical no matter what rules say which is why no racing today or tomorrow. Real life has intruded on the cup and ignoring that is terrible sportsmanship. LR shot themselves in the foot from day 1 by eagerly pointing out they win if the regatta isn't finished. 

I look forward to your further pleasantries. 

5 mate, 5 people all accounted for and alive

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, winchfodder said:

Poor old INEOS. The whole ACE attempt to delay the racing has ended up damaging their chances rather than helping them. 

Presumably ACE, directed by ETNZ and GD, wanted to help INEOS by extending the Prada Cup and at the same time pissing off LR and disrupting their momentum by dragging them into an unnecessary dispute.

I bet INEOS are now calling up GD and pleading with him to get racing underway on Friday as every day lost means they have less chance of overtaking LR before the end of racing on Tuesday. 

Exactly

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, chuso007 said:

LOL, you can't be serious...

Oh yes he is. He is an example of our version of a Trump supporter. Blinkered and blind to reason. It seems this has bought them out of the woodwork. Hopefully the light will kill them off and the rest of us Kiwis can breathe a sigh of relief.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RobG said:

From what Murray said, it seems ACE have simply withdrawn on-water support so they can’t race until Saturday. So if they run out of time to complete the series then blame ACE, not LR. 

.... FINALLY !!!   an.intelligent.lucent.post  

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

They don't make money from people taking picnics to North Head.

The Village is free entry, so they don't make money from people through the door.

Don't you get it? They put this event on so people would enjoy it because of the year we've been through.

 

 

They put on the event because they won the cup 4 years ago and then Auckland negotiated and won the hosting rights. Not because of COVID. And have a duty to get on with it, and have some sailing finally. Its really been a disjointed shambles before this happened. Tina Symmands is an embarrassment to NZ with that sulky strop. She’s supposed to be a leader and representative. As a kiwi, I’m bloody embarrassed by it.


Probably should be in Dubai next time, I doubt they’ll be stamping their feet over lack of ice cream sales.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2021 at 7:47 PM, phill_nz said:

best point i have read that you have made

cause everyone knows all the usa cases were caused by illegal border crossings

whereas ours have only come from airports and shipping ports and even those were mostly foreseeable stupid mistakes

We were talking france numb nuts!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RobG said:

From what Murray said, it seems ACE have simply withdrawn on-water support so they can’t race until Saturday. So if they run out of time to complete the series then blame ACE, not LR. 

At least it's more original than "the dog eat my homework".

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, YM74 said:

They put on the event because they won the cup 4 years ago and then Auckland negotiated and won the hosting rights. Not because of COVID. And have a duty to get on with it, and have some sailing finally. Its really been a disjointed shambles before this happened. Tina Symmands is an embarrassment to NZ with that sulky strop. She’s supposed to be a leader and representative.


Probably should be in Dubai next time, I doubt they’ll be stamping their feet over lack of ice cream sales.

TWO intelligent comments!

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Salty Seacock said:

Is that a racist remark?

In todays age, if you want to feel the outrage, go for it. Do I care what you think? Nah. Does ETNZ still deserve to be called a Kiwi team? Not so much to me. They behaving like children, maybe Dalts is getting early dementia. So naming them after their main sponsor seems appropriate to me.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Forourselves said:

I'm saying overcome.

There was no world wide pandemic back then and still rules were being changed.

Fucking foreigners don't understand this event is happening because WE allowed it to, because WE stamped out Covid-19, over and over again so these fools could come here only to screw us over.

Oh well, once they get their asses handed to them in March, they can go back to their Covid ravaged country and lament what might have been.

I'm sure you are in good faith, but having a calm and constructive discussion on this matter with you seems, at the moment, impossible. I don't want to insult anyone, nor being insulted, so you will excuse me if I'm not continuing this flame. I assure you that every Italian and LR team member loves and respect New Zealand and the Kiwis, even if at the moment, the relationship between our teams is not good. Buona giornata.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2021 at 7:47 PM, phill_nz said:

best point i have read that you have made

cause everyone knows all the usa cases were caused by illegal border crossings

whereas ours have only come from airports and shipping ports and even those were mostly foreseeable stupid mistakes

We were talking france numb nuts!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, minimumfuss said:

 

Well the Italians back then had an initially popular toilet bowl design, smooth and stylish, minimal spray, with twin flush options.

An attempt by the British to enforce a crocheted seat liner be applied caused a massive furore, and the Italians insisted on people continue to use the original design. Made international headlines at the time.

Also, an attempt to enforce a 10 second delay to lid opening on said toilets, was unpopular, by all accounts causing bodily fluids to be splashed all over the place, as users angrily gestured while attempting to relieve themselves, while swearing in Italian. The Italians stuck to their guns, and are now the butt of many jokes, despite being right.

So this is as relevant now as it was then. Your welcome.

 

We need a new topic. Your post nicely summarises the the multiple and subtle nuances of the subject.

The Russian judge gives a... 9.5!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zeusproject said:

Hey I hope the kiwis destroy him but the moaning from the poms is just ridiculous 

Just a quick question, all this Pom stuff, it’s ok to refer to any of the Italian supporters as Wops is it? No thought not... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Just a quick question, all this Pom stuff, it’s ok to refer to any of the Italian supporters as Wops is it? No thought not... 

Well sending the convicts to AUS worked out well didn't it..........

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Gissie said:

In todays age, if you want to feel the outrage, go for it. Do I care what you think? Nah. Does ETNZ still deserve to be called a Kiwi team? Not so much to me. They behaving like children, maybe Dalts is getting early dementia. So naming them after their main sponsor seems appropriate to me.

 

Fuck you trigger easier than a premenstrual 40 year old fat chic. 

The vast majority of the team are New Zealanders. Calling them Arabs is just childish. As for Dalts, he'd knock your head off if you had the minerals to say gobshite like that to his face. 

The AC is a tactical game on, and off the water. Smell your shit breath and wake up buddy.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Just a quick question, all this Pom stuff, it’s ok to refer to any of the Italian supporters as Wops is it? No thought not... 

But it’s totally ok to call a kiwi a sheep shagger in the UK 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Just a quick question, all this Pom stuff, it’s ok to refer to any of the Italian supporters as Wops is it? No thought not... 

Completely unacceptable to use those names.

It's "shower dodging drunks" and "spaghetti sucking fashionistas".

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Salty Seacock said:

Fuck you trigger easier than a premenstrual 40 year old fat chic. 

The vast majority of the team are New Zealanders. Calling them Arabs is just childish. As for Dalts, he'd knock your head off if you had the minerals to say gobshite like that to his face. 

The AC is a tactical game on, and off the water. Smell your shit breath and wake up buddy.

 

How would Dalt's or Earle Williams go against Jimmy?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mako23 said:

But it’s totally ok to call a kiwi a sheep shagger in the UK 

Yeah. And it's Wogs not Wops. If were at a point where we cannot laugh at such terms, them the world is turning to shit. Soon I won't be able to call my best friend from college, "Slope" even though his name is Lun Chen and he got so sick of being called luncheon that he started introducing himself as Slope. Yeah, he's Chinese.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mako23 said:

But it’s totally ok to call a kiwi a sheep shagger in the UK 

Yeah. You're not a men until you've been gifted Ms Eva the Erotic Love Ewe... 

03418-1_LG.jpg?t=1417657378

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, veritas said:

How would Dalt's or Earle Williams go against Jimmy?

Jimmy's younger and most likely fitter. Dalts wouldnt have a problem fighting dirty so, I'd prolly sit on the fence on that one. 

Earle carries a knife so, yeah he'd win. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Salty Seacock said:

Fuck you trigger easier than a premenstrual 40 year old fat chic. 

The vast majority of the team are New Zealanders. Calling them Arabs is just childish. As for Dalts, he'd knock your head off if you had the minerals to say gobshite like that to his face. 

The AC is a tactical game on, and off the water. Smell your shit breath and wake up buddy.

 

Whatever, you have your opinion, me mine.

As for being chic, never had anyone say that about me before, thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Salty Seacock said:

Jimmy's younger and most likely fitter. Dalts wouldnt have a problem fighting dirty so, I'd prolly sit on the fence on that one. 

Earle carries a knife so, yeah he'd win. 

Yeah I would go Bam Bam everytime

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sosoomii said:

Huh? LR and Ineos travelled half way around the world to entertain a few picnickers on North Head? That’s very decent of them.

yes, but al least it was a cheap journey. :-D

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gissie said:

It also keeps them locked in measurement mode. Meanwhile the Arabs get longer development time. They have kept very quiet about this part. So maybe they could put make an offer to lock down their shed for the time it is delayed for. Or not, just leave ACE to do their dirty work and dump shit on the team that just wants to follow the agreed rules.

ETNZ are just hiding in the shadows, pulling the strings and hoping no one notices what cowardly cunts they have become.

 


sorry for the distraction but after Gissie is now referring to ETNZ  as Arabs ( they later posted and explained it was because they lurk in the dark and throw shit)  I thought maybe a bit of perspective on things is a good idea? And tone down the racial/nationalistic slurs
 

apparently not. 


 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, An Interested Non-Sailor said:

What would LR’s position be if on Saturday morning one of their team tested positive for COVID and the whole team had to isolate for 5 days?
Happily watch Ineos go through 9 ghost races?
I think not - they would be demanding the protocol be changed.

Yes, one team not being able to race at all is exactly the same scenario 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JALhazmat said:

 


sorry for the distraction but after Gissie is now referring to ETNZ  as Arabs ( they later posted and explained it was because they lurk in the dark and throw shit)  I thought maybe a bit of perspective on things is a good idea? And tone down the racial/nationalistic slurs
 

apparently not. 


 

He is probably from Gisborne, give him a break, more than likely stoned

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, veritas said:

You know the history Alan

If you mean Erle, maybe yes, my grandpa told me about them.

And if it is in Alan Sefton's book then please send me a copy!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, YM74 said:

Yes, one team not being able to race at all is exactly the same scenario 

You twats don't get it do you. If a member of ANY team got a community based positive result AKL would go into lockdown. We did it for 3, yes 3 people. If we went back into lockdown then the RULES say that whoever is leading on the 24th February WILL BE declared the winner. What fucking part of this is don't you understand?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, winchfodder said:

Poor old INEOS. The whole ACE attempt to delay the racing has ended up damaging their chances rather than helping them. 

Presumably ACE, directed by ETNZ and GD, wanted to help INEOS by extending the Prada Cup and at the same time pissing off LR and disrupting their momentum by dragging them into an unnecessary dispute.

I bet INEOS are now calling up GD and pleading with him to get racing underway on Friday as every day lost means they have less chance of overtaking LR before the end of racing on Tuesday. 

 

1 hour ago, veritas said:

Exactly

Ah. Now I see it!

GD mind games.

What the whole ACE debacle has done is that it has created more tension between LR and INEOS so that it is less likely that the defeated challenger (looking like the brits), will work with the Prada Cup winner to tune up for the Match.

Rather that working together in common cause I can see INEOS (if it is they), helping the Defender (boo bad sportsmanship much worse than the Italians).

Let's hope not as it does detract from the whole point of the challenger series, though I guess if the rumoured (?) COR deal between INEOS and ETNZ is reality, then sadly it is to be expected.  

I don't think INEOS are anywhere near ETNZ on the water,  but there relative performance on the water vs LR is a better pointer than all the computer simulations and spying operations. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fiji Bitter said:

If you mean Erle, maybe yes, my grandpa told me about them.

And if it is in Alan Sefton's book then please send me a copy!

 

My bad yes Erle. I would never buy a book written by that cunt, ask Lady Pippa Blake about his antics. Sefton is probably holed up in Fiji or Dubai.........

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, veritas said:

You twats don't get it do you. If a member of ANY team got a community based positive result AKL would go into lockdown. We did it for 3, yes 3 people. If we went back into lockdown then the RULES say that whoever is leading on the 24th February WILL BE declared the winner. What fucking part of this is don't you understand?

Exactly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Confused why ACE gets to input on whether racing takes place or not.

This, I believe, is the Notice of Race for the CSS https://farevela.net/cms/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Race-Conditions.pdf

1. ORGANIZING AUTHORITY 1.1 Under the Protocol, the Event Organizing Authority is the Challenger of Record 36 srl acting on behalf of the Circolo della Vela Sicilia, including any affiliate or subsidiary entity which is authorized to undertake activity on its behalf.

I see no mention of ACE anywhere in the NoR. Why do they think they get to decide anything?

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dogwatch said:

Confused why ACE gets to input on whether racing takes place or not.

This, I believe, is the Notice of Race for the CSS https://farevela.net/cms/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Race-Conditions.pdf

1. ORGANIZING AUTHORITY 1.1 Under the Protocol, the Event Organizing Authority is the Challenger of Record 36 srl acting on behalf of the Circolo della Vela Sicilia, including any affiliate or subsidiary entity which is authorized to undertake activity on its behalf.

I see no mention of ACE anywhere in the NoR. Why do they think they get to decide anything?

 

Got some fucking idiots tonight, um this part............

 

any affiliate or subsidiary entity which is authorized to undertake activity on its behalf.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, veritas said:

My bad yes Erle. I would never buy a book written by that cunt, ask Lady Pippa Blake about his antics. Sefton is probably holed up in Fiji or Dubai.........

Grant! Is that you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, veritas said:

You twats don't get it do you. If a member of ANY team got a community based positive result AKL would go into lockdown. We did it for 3, yes 3 people. If we went back into lockdown then the RULES say that whoever is leading on the 24th February WILL BE declared the winner. What fucking part of this is don't you understand?

Bullshit - so Auckland went into lockdown from the Americold cluster, did we? 
What fucking part of this do you not understand, you twat?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, veritas said:

Nah he is busy organising the next Cup in Dubai....

Peter Blake wouldn't even have thought about defending outside NZ, in my opinion. Great man, greatly missed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, veritas said:

You twats don't get it do you. If a member of ANY team got a community based positive result AKL would go into lockdown. We did it for 3, yes 3 people. If we went back into lockdown then the RULES say that whoever is leading on the 24th February WILL BE declared the winner. What fucking part of this is don't you understand?

Which could be avoided and the regatta completed if there was some flexibility shown so that shit show scenario is avoided. But the die is now cast. 

Lockdown won't happen if the source is known eg fraternisation with a recent quaratinee. I have heard nothing from any team about their testing regimen, if one exists. 

The country will have to wait a couple of weeks to see if it is still circulating somewhere. I suspect it is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, An Interested Non-Sailor said:

Bullshit - so Auckland went into lockdown from the Americold cluster, did we? 
What fucking part of this do you not understand, you twat?

Um yeah we did.....this is not the site for you bro, you don't like the ocean so go back to your box in Otara

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, veritas said:

Got some fucking idiots tonight, um this part............

 

Why do you think it is OK to be so rude when I simply asked a question? Seriously. You think what you wrote is OK?

Not sure you are correct either.  "Circolo della Vela Sicilia, including any affiliate or subsidiary entity which is authorized to undertake activity on its behalf." Is ACE an affiilate or subsidiary entity of Circolo della Vela Sicilia? Don't think so. Is it not the child of RNZRS? Here is a clue. The company changed its name in 2017. It was previously AMERICA'S CUP DEFENCE COMPANY LIMITED.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, strider470 said:

Peter Blake wouldn't even have thought about defending outside NZ, in my opinion. Great man, greatly missed.

You are right but that was 20 years ago, times change. Dalt's and more importantly Shoeby have, and are, doing a great job and making the big fella proud. He will be looking down and smiling.......

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, veritas said:

Um yeah we did.....this is not the site for you bro, you don't like the ocean so go back to your box in Otara

My bad - too late @ night but the point I make is that every time there has been a case in the community there has not been a lockdown e.g. the recent North Auckland scenario.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dogwatch said:

Why do you think it is OK to be so rude when I simply asked a question? Seriously. You think what you wrote is OK?

Not sure you are correct either.  "Circolo della Vela Sicilia, including any affiliate or subsidiary entity which is authorized to undertake activity on its behalf." Is ACE an affiilate or subsidiary entity of Circolo della Vela Sicilia? Don't think so. Is it not the child of RNZRS? Here is a clue. The company changed its name in 2017. It was previously AMERICA'S CUP DEFENCE COMPANY LIMITED.

Wow the Pom's are getting very tetchy tonight. Just Google it mate can't be bothered. Put it this way, guess who the CEO of ACE is? Grant Dalton. Fuck just watch the press conference video. Thank God INEOS will be eliminated this weekend

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, veritas said:

You are right but that was 20 years ago, times change. Dalt's and more importantly Shoeby have, and are, doing a great job and making the big fella proud. He will be looking down and smiling.......

Dalton did a great job for sure, and he was probably even more successful than him. But if I were to chose between them... Peter Blake without even thinking about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, An Interested Non-Sailor said:

My bad - too late @ night but the point I make is that every time there has been a case in the community there has not been a lockdown e.g. the recent North Auckland scenario.

Go to bed mate...........

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, An Interested Non-Sailor said:

My bad - too late @ night but the point I make is that every time there has been a case in the community there has not been a lockdown e.g. the recent North Auckland scenario.

was it not so much and appearance of covid but the emergence ,source unknown, of that nasty british strain that provoked that reaction ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, strider470 said:

Dalton did a great job for sure, and he was probably even more successful than him. But if I were to chose between them... Peter Blake without even thinking about.

Yeah me too. I just wish there were more personalities in the sport. So over all the PC bullshit. Even Jimmy has reigned it in.............