3 minutes ago, DLT said:

Look, in the end, most probably, the faster boat was going to win. Wouldn't it have been more entertaining if that boat had won in 13 races instead of 8? We are the spectators of this thing after all, not the heads of the PRADA syndicate...

You're not wrong that it would a be a better spectacle if it was closer.  But it's too late to change the parameters whilst being fair.  The best they can do is consider what is possible to make future AC75 regattas less dependent on outright boat speed.    I think longer/wider courses could help future regattas, plus the wind range could be considered, but the RC's hands are tied for this cycle.

• Like 1
  • Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a race like that is why the committee was correct in postponing the race so many times. I think that the race was worth the wait.  Cheers to the Race Committee!

Semi Final Race 1 book is open - hit like for an AM win, dislike for LRPP.  Don’t sit on the fence now!

Please just stick to the facts and not your opinion.  You have a fundamental misunderstanding of how this all works.  The flu is down because of all the hand washing, social distancing, mask wearing,

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dogwatch said:

Charmless and unnecessary. You know her husband has been known to post on SAAC? How would you like to read a remark like that about someone you loved?

Yeah, in retrospect a poor choice of words. With apologies to Shirley, I do stand by the underlying grievance of a real anglo bent in the commentariat.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Jimmy and his mentor, the key person behind the win.

152047335_3817180455005651_5567287957247844635_o.jpg

Having worked with Philippe Presti, I can verify that he is the best, as well as being another Finn Gold Cup winner.

Some people are natural coaches.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Jean-Baptiste said:

It would be entertaining if they had cannons on board. Manipulating the course choice to artificially make closer racing is a grotesque idea.

DLT could point out that many sports take lots of measures to try and make racing or results closer and more exciting to watch.

Formula One is grappling with the dominance of Mercedes and are trying to introduce rule changes to reduce that dominance. The courses have been tweaked and the cars tweaked to make overtaking easier.

Sports thrive on close competition . that is why there are things like salary caps and first round drafts. 

Of course it will be exciting as these boats get closer and closer in speed.

But in the meantime, the choice of course and go/no go is published and explained. Competitors deserve an entirely unbiased PRO who complies with the NOR. Iain provides that.

2 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Jimmy and his mentor, the key person behind the win.

152047335_3817180455005651_5567287957247844635_o.jpg

Where is the audio when you need it? Sure would have liked to listened to this discussion. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, EYESAILOR said:

Competitors deserve an entirely unbiased PRO who complies with the NOR. Iain provides that.

Yes, he does.

Having clear guidance in the form of agreed and published rules is intended to remove any sense of favoritism from the competition, and is essential for that reason. Many of the people who work in race management have previously worked with teams. If you have played this game for more than a few iterations, you either know or have worked with most of the competitors in one way or another.

Iain has been an AC skipper and designer, as well as a world champion and Olympic sailor. Race management is a natural extension of that talent and experience. He listens to everyone, and gives favor to no one. You can't ask much more than that.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, 45Roller said:

Agreed, it would be great if you could mute certain commentators, I’d just keep Goody & Nathan

Its slightly perverse that the best sailors are also the best commentators, better than those for whom commentating is notionally their stock in trade. Life is so unfair B)

33 minutes ago, sfigone said:

'You're not wrong that it would a be a better spectacle if it was closer.  But it's too late to change the parameters whilst being fair.  The best they can do is consider what is possible to make future AC75 regattas less dependent on outright boat speed.    I think longer/wider courses could help future regattas, plus the wind range could be considered, but the RC's hands are tied for this cycle.'

They are wrong - the AC has always been a design race first and a match race second (if we're lucky and one design doesn't prove to be a rocket ship/dog compared to the other). If you want close match racing go and find a One Design class that rocks your cradle, but let the AC be the AC. The AC is about so much more more than close racing, great as that is when it happens.

45 minutes ago, accnick said:

Having worked with Philippe Presti, I can verify that he is the best, as well as being another Finn Gold Cup winner.

Some people are natural coaches.

Having listened to a few interviews with Presti, it’s clear how key he is. If you listen carefully to LR sailor interviews you hear them mention him too, as does Max. 

20 minutes ago, Adair said:

They are wrong - the AC has always been a design race first and a match race second (if we're lucky and one design doesn't prove to be a rocket ship/dog compared to the other). If you want close match racing go and find a One Design class that rocks your cradle, but let the AC be the AC. The AC is about so much more more than close racing, great as that is when it happens.

I'm not saying it should not be a design contest.  I'm just saying that with more knowledge about this new class of boat, then they can design a better regatta which will make the design challenge even harder.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, GBH said:

Frankly they were behind on everything and playing catchup, rig and sails in particular.  The Ben and Giles show started to fracture under pressure finally as well, and that was something that should have been a key card.   Mind you, a slow boat always makes your decisions look like shit.

If they roll into another challenge then they have to stick BA in much reduced role, but unfortunately thats not his mentality.  Should take a leaf out of  six four's masterclass on how to handle both yourself and a team to get results.

A late response to this, but this is an accurate assessment.  Ben needs to get himself off the boat and focus instead on leading the team.  The reason ETNZ re-imagined themselves after San Fran was to realise they needed the best high performance sailors on these types of boats.  The Burling/Tuke/Ashby Axis is not just key on driving the boat - it's on all the thousands of decisions that take place prior.  BA is from a different generation, he should step up to a leadership and co-ordination role - get himself off the boat, quit calling it rita and realise it's not his game.  

1 minute ago, sfigone said:

I'm not saying it should not be a design contest.  I'm just saying that with more knowledge about this new class of boat, then they can design a better regatta which will make the design challenge even harder.

And progress sailing another step ahead?

11 minutes ago, aucklander said:

A late response to this, but this is an accurate assessment.  Ben needs to get himself off the boat and focus instead on leading the team.  The reason ETNZ re-imagined themselves after San Fran was to realise they needed the best high performance sailors on these types of boats.  The Burling/Tuke/Ashby Axis is not just key on driving the boat - it's on all the thousands of decisions that take place prior.  BA is from a different generation, he should step up to a leadership and co-ordination role - get himself off the boat, quit calling it rita and realise it's not his game.  

I must have missed it in past comments, but why was the boat nicknamed "Rita"?

3 minutes ago, MaxHugen said:

I must have missed it in past comments, but why was the boat nicknamed "Rita"?

Ainslie's mother, Sue, had visited St Rita's church during the Optimist World Championships in Tenerife and brought back a badge that was sewn to her son's lifejacket. Rita has been his talisman, painted on every boat, ever since.

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Daniel Holman said:

Its slightly perverse that the best sailors are also the best commentators, better than those for whom commentating is notionally their stock in trade. Life is so unfair B)

Kenny and Shirley aren’t exactly slouches in the sailing department though!

11 minutes ago, The Main Man said:

Kenny and Shirley aren’t exactly slouches in the sailing department though!

True but I'll be contraversial and say not same league.:ph34r: Neither of them would trouble the leaderboard at say the Moth worlds, which can be the bellwether of individual prowess in 21st century foiling boats.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sfigone said:

You're not wrong that it would a be a better spectacle if it was closer.  But it's too late to change the parameters whilst being fair.  The best they can do is consider what is possible to make future AC75 regattas less dependent on outright boat speed.    I think longer/wider courses could help future regattas, plus the wind range could be considered, but the RC's hands are tied for this cycle.

A race around an island would be nice.....

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, aucklander said:

He has, since the early 90s, called all his boats this.

Does Rita have any particular meaning in English? In Italy it is a very common first name for women.

32 minutes ago, strider470 said:

Does Rita have any particular meaning in English? In Italy it is a very common first name for women.

She was a metermaid if I remember correctly. A lovely gal.

• Like 5
35 minutes ago, strider470 said:

Don’t think it has any particular English meaning.  I had a very Italian relative by marriage whose name was Rita.  Supposedly it is derived from the Spanish “Margarita” and means “pearl.”

4 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Te Xerox is partly a copy of Ineos B1, amusing that the Ineos B2 partly copied TNZ first boat :)

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

Lol partly a copy hahaha it has one hull, a mast, two foils, a rudder and some sails, all these things they copied from INEOS lol

• Like 2

Though I enjoyed watching the eliminations , It was a little disappointing it was so one sided .

I really thought INEOS would be a bit more switched on at the starts .

Who knows what could of happened if they won a few ?

All I can say now is Bring out the " Gimp " and good luck to all .

8 hours ago, NZK said:

Well I think it's finally time for Shirley to quit referring to BA as "the most competitive sailor out there"

Jimmy and Ceccho have been amazing this regatta, these guys are truly fierce competitors.

she really only praised what was truly a superior boat and team when it became clear in the last two races that ineos was the slower package and even then she said something like what a pleasure it was to see the LR get a handle on their boat and sail it better and better, nothing about tactics or brain trust or that the other team never seemed to get their boat moving as well

12 minutes ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

she really only praised what was truly a superior boat and team when it became clear in the last two races that ineos was the slower package and even then she said something like what a pleasure it was to see the LR get a handle on their boat and sail it better and better, nothing about tactics or brain trust or that the other team never seemed to get their boat moving as well

Seems like you are mistaking the fact that Shirley compliments everyone for some non-existent misguided critique.

2 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Lol partly a copy hahaha it has one hull, a mast, two foils, a rudder and some sails, all these things they copied from INEOS lol

Haha on one angle they have a similarity or two wow.    How about every other angle ? 

1 hour ago, Barnyb said:

151269225_3592306777554632_2015214480872456979_o.jpg

Is his comment of 'professionalism' an acknowledge of support for the ACE debacle? Seems to be a specific set of words being used here.

3 hours ago, Forourselves said:

They also copied the foil arms, mast and the TV/Umpire mast hanging off the back!

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Barnyb said:

After four years of dedication, hard work, grit and hundreds of thousands of man hours from the 100+ strong team, INEOS TEAM UK’s 36th America’s Cup campaign came to an end today as Luna Rossa Prada Pirelli won both races in light wind in Race Day 4 of the PRADA Cup Final to win the series 7-1.

Racing took place on Course A, the most northerly course on the Hauraki Gulf, the furthest away course from any land mass, ensuring for a steady breeze and lack of shifts.

Speaking after the day’s action Ben Ainslie said:

“Firstly, I have to say well done to Luna Rossa and well done to Italy. It’s a big deal in Italy getting to the America’s Cup Match again. Congratulations to Jimmy [Spithill], Cecco [Francesco Bruni] and the whole team. They had the better overall package across the range of wind conditions and deserved to take the Final.

https://www.ineosteamuk.com/en/articles/409_INEOS-TEAM-UKs-36th-Americas-Cup-campaign-ends-in-PRADA-Cup-Final.html?fbclid=IwAR1KkvWSdhqe3d18v7CJH_jLrr77Q-YtAD8w1qJKx5PeX_iCKi9PC6c3Ixc

Under his breath: fuckers fuckers fuckers! ;)

3 hours ago, Forourselves said:

In your rush to be a totally biased Etnz supporter you also missed that they copied them by having a steering wheel, deck and paint job.

• Like 1

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/americas-cup/124316746/americas-cup-sir-ben-ainslies-anger-at-final-insult-after-team-uks-prada-cup-loss

Well another PR cluster. This Longanese guy looks to be a classless prick who shouldn't be involved  with a classy team. 

Added to that his blatant lying to the worl media that as COR he was "totally separate" from LRPP. Yet he was the first to hug and kiss everyone and help raise the Prada cup.  

Maybe Symmons wasn't far of the mark in her public bollocking. 

18 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

Guess that what happened in San Fran then? 

The comprehensive schlonging.

yes.............. 2 down ...........1 to go, you can guess the rest

Seems like these crews have not really figured out how to start? I keep trying to figure out why they are pretty much always early to the start. It is just that these boats are just so fast.

6 minutes ago, nroose said:

Seems like these crews have not really figured out how to start? I keep trying to figure out why they are pretty much always early to the start. It is just that these boats are just so fast.

No, they have computers to tell them how much late or in advance they are.

8 hours ago, Daniel Holman said:

True but I'll be contraversial and say not same league.:ph34r: Neither of them would trouble the leaderboard at say the Moth worlds, which can be the bellwether of individual prowess in 21st century foiling boats.

Shirley is in her 50s now but in her youth, had she chosen to sail Moths, I tend to think she'd have done rather well. Gold Medal in the Europe, which derived from the Europa Moth and I believe actually measures as an International Moth. Second Gold in the Yngling, showing Europe sailing is not all she could do. You could look at Paul Goodison as evidence that an athletic sailor from a more traditional single hander class can transition successfully to Moths, 

I find her second career quite inspiring as my belief, based only on having met her in passing a few times over the years, is that it is something she has had to work at, rather than it coming naturally.

Ken Read, on the other hand, has no background in high performance dinghies that I'm aware of. USA college sailing but that's not really the same thing.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

You're saying they are intentionally early?

2 hours ago, minimumfuss said:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/americas-cup/124316746/americas-cup-sir-ben-ainslies-anger-at-final-insult-after-team-uks-prada-cup-loss

Well another PR cluster. This Longanese guy looks to be a classless prick who shouldn't be involved  with a classy team. 

Added to that his blatant lying to the worl media that as COR he was "totally separate" from LRPP. Yet he was the first to hug and kiss everyone and help raise the Prada cup.  

Poor form..! This event has so many individual classless ego's. Ben is later seen confronting him. There seems to be so many mini mobs with their own agenda. Let's hope in today's age of Social Media he cops a blast from the appropriate peeople

4 hours ago, Barnyb said:

1 hour ago, fish7yu said:

Can we have more of these, please.

Stop talking about the Prada final, and get right into the real shit fights, it's the AC after all.

At the final press conference, Jimmy, Cecco, and Max looked a kind of depressed, and there was an eerie atmosphere.

Now we know why, not good!

(And well caught @fish7yu !!!)

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, lupedelupe said:

What did Ainslie say. What did Cattani say?

(Christ, is my hearing that bad?)

Basher Ben said to Francesco “we came second “and Francesco replied “there is no second”.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, minimumfuss said:

Probably she's(partly) one of the reasons this shit is going on.

Still not an excuse for a stupid reaction from a PR POW

8 hours ago, Varan said:

She was a metermaid if I remember correctly. A lovely gal.

Crap. Too quick. 

31 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

Basher Ben said to Francesco “we came second “and Francesco replied “there is no second”.

Second? Wasn't it third?

35 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

A metre maid of some repute too, apparently. ;-)

It's true that she gave Paul McCartney a ticket, and apparently had a short conversation, the rest is just lyrics and a great song. (Spanish text by Saint Rita of Santa Cruz, Tenerife.)

Here she is:

3 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Who cares if your over early ... The penalty is hardly the same as restarting...FFS 20 metres at 40 knots is nothing.

So now it's the press conference invitation. Tomorrow it will be the Ozone depletion... I don't know all the details yet, but I'm sure it was not done on purpose to disrespect the Brits or Sir Ben Ainslie. He talks about lots of things going on, I suppose he is still upset to have been forced to race in light winds without the delay he was hoping for with the help of ACE. First, you shake hands, and then you (rightly) ask for an explanation.

Some people here are ready to jump on LR for any COR36 supposed misbehavior. Fair. So, to be fair, should we jump on ETNZ for the disgusting (I'm polite) behavior shown by ACE and the classy Tina?

Italians are most of the time sunny and well-mannered people, but when they are unfairly attacked or they feel not deserved hostility, especially in sports, it's when they give the best, sometimes over their level. That's why it is better not to unleash the Cazzimma.

• Like 6

How do you mistakenly write a document excluding the other team from a press conference.. 

If it is a mistake how is that mistake only realised minutes before the start of the press conference, When you’re confronted by a very pissed off skipper. 

And yes you have already and the lunar Rosa supporters have been jumping all over ENTZ and  Tina, no one was waiting For an invitation

13 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

How do you mistakenly write a document excluding the other team from a press conference.. 

If it is a mistake how is that mistake only realised minutes before the start of the press conference, When you’re confronted by a very pissed off skipper. 

And yes you have already and the lunar Rosa supporters have been jumping all over ENTZ and  Tina, no one was waiting For an invitation

I think the correct report is that in the morning, before the racing started they issued a media plan for the presentation and press conference.  This was changed to include the losers before the last two races were started. So no winner at that stage had been decided. 

Maybe it was just Italian sensibility,  that the losers might not want to show their faces in shame.

The confrontation with a tired and emotional Ben at the door was after the fact. Just showing his displeasure at the original plan as he was pissed and wanted to let off steam. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, dogwatch said:

Shirley is in her 50s now but in her youth, had she chosen to sail Moths, I tend to think she'd have done rather well. Gold Medal in the Europe, which derived from the Europa Moth and I believe actually measures as an International Moth. Second Gold in the Yngling, showing Europe sailing is not all she could do. You could look at Paul Goodison as evidence that an athletic sailor from a more traditional single hander class can transition successfully to Moths, 

I find her second career quite inspiring as my belief, based only on having met her in passing a few times over the years, is that it is something she has had to work at, rather than it coming naturally.

Ken Read, on the other hand, has no background in high performance dinghies that I'm aware of. USA college sailing but that's not really the same thing.

Long time mate, hope you are well.

I can completely understand your bias here, but I think you are not being fair to Ken. That is unusual for you.

Sure their backgrounds are chalk and cheese, but they are both accomplished in their chosen disciplines within the sport.

TA

21 minutes ago, strider470 said:

Italians are most of the time sunny and well-mannered people, but when they are unfairly attacked or they feel not deserved hostility, especially in sports, it's when they give the best, sometimes over their level. That's why it is better not to unleash the Cazzimma.

I agree. NZers are similar (as are most cultures). Here it's called the "stink eye". (I think!) But cazzimma sounds a lot more nuanced. 

Edit: Whākanakana ngā whatu is the Maori equivalent of glaring angrily. 

We need some Kanohi taiaha, (someone who remains impartial)

11 minutes ago, winchfodder said:

This was changed to include the losers before the last two races were started. 

The confrontation with a tired and emotional Ben at the door was after the fact. Just showing his displeasure at the original plan as he was pissed and wanted to let off steam. 

Really? Any reference or link for this account of events?

4 minutes ago, minimumfuss said:

I agree. NZers are similar (as are most cultures). Here it's called the "stink eye". (I think!) But cazzimma sounds a lot more nuanced. 

:D Cazzimma is something different, a funny colorful word typical of Naples. It normally has not a positive connotation, but can be caused as a reaction.

18 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

CoR didn't say it was a mistake.  The said it was an error of judgement and sent an message to team Ineos to say no insult was intended.    Sure better to have not made the error in first place, but it was quickly corrected and put their hand up saying it was their error of judgement.  So at least they owned their error.

But don't let that stop a good pile on... but in my case I'm going to pile onto BA... what was he thinking about escalating in front of cameras with microphones on??? Well I guess when he is pissed off against an official he's prepared to go for a swim and physically assaulting them, so I guess his anger management has not got better over the years.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, sfigone said:

CoR didn't say it was a mistake.  The said it was an error of judgement and sent an message to team Ineos to say no insult was intended.    Sure better to have not made the error in first place, but it was quickly corrected and put their hand up saying it was their error of judgement.  So at least they owned their error.

But don't let that stop a good pile on... but in my case I'm going to pile onto BA... what was he thinking about escalating in front of cameras with microphones on??? Well I guess when he is pissed off against an official he's prepared to go for a swim and physically assaulting them, so I guess his anger management has not got better over the years.

You know that this 'correction' and apology occurred before the incident? Not after? 

10 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

Really? Any reference or link for this account of events?

I think this is how it is described in Stuff.

"Four hours later, COR issued a new plan which restored the traditional appearance by both the winning and losing teams, at the concluding media conference."

This was before the first race of the day.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/americas-cup/124316746/americas-cup-sir-ben-ainslies-anger-at-final-insult-after-team-uks-prada-cup-loss

5 minutes ago, sfigone said:

He was pissed and angry,  all the last four years pressure and the humiliation out on the race course on the day. He hates to lose, that's how you win gold medals. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

You know that this 'correction' and apology occurred before the incident? Not after? 

Indeed! So all the more stupid of BA to vent his anger then and there.     It was a stupid error - let's be generous and say cultural differences - quickly corrected and owned.

BA obviously thought that rather than reflect on the positives of a long and difficult campaign with a hard fought series that they took to the finals and was probably a bit closer than the score indicated,  that he wanted to take the time at the after race event to re-litigate the argument that had already been won and to do so in front of the cameras.     So it looks like he can make errors of judgement just as silly as CoR can.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, sfigone said:

Indeed! So all the more stupid of BA to vent his anger then and there.     It was a stupid error - let's be generous and say cultural differences - quickly corrected and owned.

BA obviously thought that rather than reflect on the positives of a long and difficult campaign with a hard fought series that they took to the finals and was probably a bit closer than the score indicated,  that he wanted to take the time at the after race event to re-litigate the argument that had already been won and to do so in front of the cameras.     So it looks like he can make errors of judgement just as silly as CoR can.

He was pissed. Ungracious in defeat. He was soundly beaten by a better team. He is not a good loser. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, winchfodder said:

He was pissed and angry,  all the last four years and the humiliation out on the race course. He hates to lose, that's how you win gold medals. 

I feel the Francesco ‘There is no second’ was an ill considered and poorly judged attempt at humour. INEOS have ‘there is no second’ as one of their key marketing slogans, which in itself seems silly. 

Humour or not, INEOS should not have been excluded from the Press Conference and I would like to see the explanation. Inexcusable and sloppy. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, winchfodder said:

He was pissed and angry,  all the last four years pressure and the humiliation out on the race course on the day. He hates to lose, that's how you win gold medals. 

I get why he might be disappointed, but why pissed and angry?   

He was in a fair fight that he did not win. Getting angry at officials is not right and not productive to winning future regattas.  He should take joy out of getting there, being there, doing pretty well at times.  He should learn from the failings that made his team fall short this time and not blame others to vent his frustration on.  That's the kind of thinking that results in physical assaults on officials!

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, sfigone said:

He was in a fair fight that he did not win. Getting angry at officials is not right and not productive to winning future regattas.  He should take joy out of getting there, being there, doing pretty well at times.  He should learn from the failings that made his team fall short this time and not blame others to vent his frustration on.  That's the kind of thinking that results in physical assaults on officials!

Yes. He was spoiling for a fight. You could see in his attitude. A big angry drunk sailor physically confronting a relatively old and frail man! Very bad form Sir Ben. You lost to a better team because of your own decision making. Take responsibility, don't take it out on officials. In soccer he would be penalised.

32 minutes ago, sfigone said:

so it was deliberate.. exactly like everyone thinks 

as for not  showing you face after defeat? when the hell as that been a thing? after Prada eliminated AM they didn't think , oh its been tough on them lets not invite them to the final press Conference..

as for Bens anger management, he deliberately stepped BACK and AWAY from the COR rep to avoid any physical confrontation

Just now, sfigone said:

I think he had every reason to be upset on learning that INEOS would not be invited to the Press Conference. Having a pop is understandable but probably best done in private. 

He has handled himself well given that he’s now had 2 well funded attempts at the AC which promised much but delivered zero. That has to weigh on his mind and yet, despite the enormous disappointment, he has remained gracious in defeat. 

As I have said before, his Olympic achievements will most likely never be bettered but that doesn’t necessarily entitle or equip him to win AC’s. And in this campaign, and Bermuda, there were many aspects of the performance that weren’t good enough. 

Let’s hope he continues the challenge in whatever form because his efforts and commitment deserve our admiration. 

• Like 1

A problem seems to me to be that the COR is a competitor and can make decisions that suit themselves and not all challengers.

My solution would be that before the regatta commenced the COR  must appoint another yacht club unconnected with any challenger to act as Challengers’ Representative who has the powers that currently sit with the COR.