• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a race like that is why the committee was correct in postponing the race so many times. I think that the race was worth the wait.  Cheers to the Race Committee!

Semi Final Race 1 book is open - hit like for an AM win, dislike for LRPP.  Don’t sit on the fence now!

Please just stick to the facts and not your opinion.  You have a fundamental misunderstanding of how this all works.  The flu is down because of all the hand washing, social distancing, mask wearing,

Posted Images

Just now, Forourselves said:

What a race! This is great!

Wouldn't go that far...

Just now, Tornado-Cat said:

Are we going so see races chosen to select the challenger in light conditions and  the match in strong ones ?

Hold on while I go outside and tell the wind to blow a little harder...

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Kate short for Bob said:

If INEOS come out and nail it in these conditions then Prada Cup over!

As much as I would like for Team GB to get another W on the board, it in these current conditions in all honesty I cannot see Rita doing anything.....

1 minute ago, idontwan2know said:

AM seems to be much faster in displacement mode. Not sure that's worth much.

They were trying to sail in displacement mode. LR was trying to get up on the foils again. So, now...

Just now, Enzedel92 said:

WHAT THE HELL ARE DEANO AND HUTCH DOING?????

Realising they need to unload sand, but only have a kiddies bucket and spade?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Enzedel92 said:

WHAT THE HELL ARE DEANO AND HUTCH DOING?????

GO TO THE RIGHT FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They getting ready for the next Americas cup when they go back to displaced sailing.

5 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

This is a fckg joke!

Why? It was good race course management by Luna Rossa that showed. Barker and Hutchinson screwed up that race. They had opportunities but threw them away being on the wrong side.

1 minute ago, D_Dog said:

McIver always decides to do a 'recap' bit of commentary right in the middle of the critical tacks. Wish he would stfu.

Is that the guy that loves to say luna rossa prada PERELLI!!!!

The problem with Dean is he doesn't handle pressure well. In the post race interview he said "You have to question why they want to do this as part of the event" Because thats what sailing is all about. The comparison between Spithill and Barkers onboard communication techniques is remarkable. Spithill and Bruni are positive and upbeat while Dean is audibly sighing and not communicating with his crew.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Horn Rock said:

What's a reach around?

try a SA search of Coronado ..... ........ Boy

I'm fairly certain that my armchair was making better VMG than either boat at one point. It was stationary, not going backwards.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, An Interested Non-Sailor said:

What is the point of having a time limit if they just shorten the race to make the time limit immaterial?

Good race management.  Iain would have killed to have that ability in SF to avoid the farce of a team foiling into the final mark a minute too late.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

That was interesting to watch. The angles were crazy when trying to foil, but the rewards were great when foiling happened. As TC said, 12 knots in 8 knots of wind, ... impressive for a monohull. Approaching 40 in 10 knots of wind, really impressive for any sailing boat on liquid water. These boats are very cool, especially if you don’t look at numbers like vmg. On to race 4...

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Enzedel92 said:

445 local start time...

Another 30m of purile filler from the talking heads... Just making a nice, refreshing cup of hemlock tea.

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Nathan would have been better on AM, anyway, all the best to Dean.

Have to say I agree, he might not be a killer sailor anymore but he’s a decent guy

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Varan said:

That was interesting to watch. The angles were crazy when trying to foil, but the rewards were great when foiling happened. As TC said, 12 knots in 8 knots of wind, ... impressive for a monohull. Approaching 40 in 10 knots of wind, really impressive for any sailing boat on liquid water. These boats are very cool, especially if you don’t look at numbers like vmg. On to race 4...

Give me One Race Record that would still stand

if heading in proper direction was not considered

These boats Need Beer Cans to round along the way

Make it F1 if SPEED is what its All About !!!

5 minutes ago, MaxHugen said:

I'm fairly certain that my armchair was making better VMG than either boat at one point. It was stationary, not going backwards.

At least you can now watch it mate ....now that your sorted out your  VPN issues 

• Like 1
Just now, mako23 said:

At least you can now watch it mate ....now that your sorted out your  VPN issues 

Hint... tonight I used a Canadian server for the first time. Same feed as NL, but little traffic and good bandwidth. 

3 minutes ago, Varan said:

Hint... tonight I used a Canadian server for the first time. Same feed as NL, but little traffic and good bandwidth. 

The UK server I'm on seems quite OK too.  Still curious as to why the NZ server was geo-blocked... weird!

13 minutes ago, Varan said:

Interesting for sure, but this shit will get old fast.

7 minutes ago, mako23 said:

Yeah, had one of my rare Jekyll & Hyde moments yesterday, absolutely spitting chips!  :D

Just now, MaxHugen said:

The UK server I'm on seems quite OK too.  Still curious as to why the NZ server was geo-blocked... weird!

But hearing the announcers say "eh" after each comment is priceless. Kenny, they are 1/2 a leg ahead, eh.

29 minutes ago, idontwan2know said:

The mood on AM whenever they get behind is highly concerning.

A common theme with Deano.

It's a  problem that is cancerous. Very opqaue too!

The problem is that the lower wind limit is set for boats using the code 0, but the teams haven't figured out how to use it. Maybe I missed it, but I don't see anything in the rules that prevents them flying both headsails at the same time. If that's correct, they could leave the jib hoisted and use the code0 to get going when necessary, then quickly furl it up and get rid of it once they're up on foils.

11 minutes ago, zillafreak said:

delayed until x:55 wherever you are in the world

INEOS zipping the course in light air? Oh oh...

Ben is a pit bull.   Deano, not so much...

27 minutes ago, Varan said:

Knockout here in China using a VPN routed through Sweden

3 minutes ago, shanghaisailor said:

Knockout here in China using a VPN routed through Sweden

Im an old fart.  How the hell  d you jump on other VPN's?

1 minute ago, RobbieB said:

Im an old fart.  How the hell  d you jump on other VPN's?

I'm using Torguard, they have a downloadable app (for pc) that I can use to select a server in a different country.