Nashville Bombing

Lots of residential apartments. Reports are the RV that blew up broadcast a loudspeaker order telling all residents to immediately evacuate. Police and fire where also called into area before blast by reports of shots fired. Very similar to several IRA ambush car bombings.  A high body count seems may - or may not - have been desired. Possibly largely police and fire casualties were desired.

Breaking unconfirmed report says human remains have been found.

Everything above is based on very preliminary, fragmented reports. 

39 minutes ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

Draw police and fire into the area. Also some civilians mulling about. 

The video looked like the street was empty?

I'm curious what the motivation was.

6 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

The video looked like the street was empty?

I'm curious what the motivation was.

When rejection happens and you create justification based upon delusion... blow something up.

Cops pulled back 2 blocks with the threat of the bomb.  Three very brave officers were going door to door to evacuate residents - or one report had them telling people to get to rear rooms. Two of the cops were hospitalized, one with a rung bell and the other with hearing loss.

The terrorists used a Class C Van/RV conversion.  That config is notoriously low on carrying capacity. Thank gawd.  Photos of the RV show it was not obviously overloaded.  The bomb had to be relatively small - as compared to the Oklahoma City blast that used a Ryder box truck to carry a huge ANO bomb.

I think I saw two walking shapes on the street in the video before the explosion.  Hope I'm wrong.  

The truck was parked outside an AT&T building. (I've got AT&T - I can appreciate the target.)  The servers and switches were still online until natural gas fueling the emergency generators was cut off an hour later by the authorities.  

Our Olympic bomber, whose name is "fucked up", also set a bomb at an abortion clinic.  A second bomb exploded as the first bomb was being investigated.  He also bombed a bar where women preferred the company of other women.

He was arrested in the back of a parking lot in North Carolina dumpster diving.  So much for the great power of these pathetic losers who cling to guns and bombs.  I'd respect him more if he blew himself up far from civilization and left a note explaining that he and little don weren't loved enough as children.

1 hour ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

Draw police and fire into the area. Also some civilians mulling about. 

The bomb also went off several minutes later than designated.  I haven't heard it. But it had a count down. And that count down elapsed and people started back in when it actually went off.  It Is scare people, make a crowd. Lull the crowd into a false sense of failure let them all come back in all at once.  Then boom.  

Of course it could of been a flaw in the timer and or the bomb.  Never ascribe to malice when human stupidity is readily available.

31 minutes ago, hasher said:

When rejection happens and you create justification based upon delusion... blow something up.

Possible but seems far fetched.

I could go one of three ways when it comes to who was rejected if you're talking the presidential election.  :lol: Hopefully we can put a cork in that soon, one way or another.

3 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

Possible but seems far fetched.

I could go one of three ways when it comes to who was rejected if you're talking the presidential election.  :lol: Hopefully we can put a cork in that soon, one way or another.

It shouldn't involve blowing things up on any occasion.  Metaphysically let's blow it all up in our brains and then start to act like rational beings.

Just now, peragrin said:

The bomb also went off several minutes later than designated.  I haven't heard it. But it had a count down. And that count down elapsed and people started back in when it actually went off.  It Is scare people, make a crowd. Lull the crowd into a false sense of failure let them all come back in all at once.  Then boom. 

Classic terrorist ambush bombing.  Only thing lacking was the second bomb. 

It looks like Nashville PD did a textbook job. Congratulations are in order. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, hasher said:

It shouldn't involve blowing things up on any occasion.  Metaphysically let's blow it all up in our brains and then start to act like rational beings.

Like I said, curious what the reason is.  Could be a political statement.  Could be punishment like OKC.  Could be corporate something. Could be a religious motivation.

Who knows right now.

5 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

Like I said, curious what the reason is.  Could be a political statement.  Could be punishment like OKC.  Could be corporate something. Could be a religious motivation.

Who knows right now.

Start with what we know.  It was an act of violence.  It was nonsensical.  The perpetrator acted in an unsocial way without progress for a demented agenda unless broken windows, wounded innocents and fear is the best play left in the playbook.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

Who knows right now.

The bulk of the damage was to att building.  Maybe someone's cell phone/ direct TV bill was to high and att were being stupid about rental fees again?  

9 minutes ago, peragrin said:

The bulk of the damage was to att building.  Maybe someone's cell phone/ direct TV bill was to high and att were being stupid about rental fees again?  

Or to take out a piece of communications infrastructure for something else?

Might've been a lesson learned when the dumb shits burned the police station in Minneapolis and it took out the 911 system.

• Like 2

fuck, I'm about to start a little road trip along the coast in a rig that looks a lot like that one. 

I remember when the sniper shit was happening around DC and the got the public all worked up over white box trucks and vans. 

everyone in one of those was getting stinkeye 

16 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

ap20360586316342.jpg

small but not trivial

looks like a tennesean... look at his vehicle.. 

screenshot-2020-12-25-104222.png

I rented that rig 18 years ago in LA.  Great weeklong vacation.  We went everywhere. Don't believe the finger print evidence...

maybe they were trying to blow up those fucking scooters ... ap20360586316342.jpg

12 hours ago, Hatin' life said:

Or to take out a piece of communications infrastructure for something else?

Might've been a lesson learned when the dumb shits burned the police station in Minneapolis and it took out the 911 system. 

Seems likely now.  If so, the terrorists failed. The AT&T equipment wasn't knocked out by the bomb, but by the official's cutting the area's natural gas that was feeding the building's emergency generators. 

My hometown's phone center was a fortress. Supposedly funded by some Cold War survivabilty initiative. Maybe the same in Nashville?  

One thing that frightens me - the centralization of the communications this attack exhibited. Taking out that one center reportedly chopped the AT&T infrastructure for as much as 180 miles around,. Eliminating the company's phone, cell, internet, 911 and even the airport's data links.  Other states were also effected. Not good.  

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/2020/12/25/att-outage-internet-down-hours-after-nashville-explosion/4045278001/

2 minutes ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

Seems likely now.  If so, the terrorists failed. The AT&T equipment wasn't knocked out by the bomb, but by the official's cutting the area's natural gas that was feeding the building's emergency generators. 

My hometown's phone center was a fortress. Supposedly funded by some Cold War survivabilty initiative. Maybe the same in Nashville?  

One thing that frightens me - the centralization of the communications this attack exhibited. Taking out that one center reportedly chopped the AT&T infrastructure for as much as 180 miles around,. Eliminating the company's phone, cell, internet, 911 and even the airport's data links.  Other states were also effected. Not good.  

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/2020/12/25/att-outage-internet-down-hours-after-nashville-explosion/4045278001/

I'd be surprised if the government's end of the airport was affected?  But I could see the airlines getting fucked.  It probably still exists, but during the cold war there were maps that showed likely nuclear targets for my area.  I live south of Minneapolis.  The two biggest targets were the refinery on the south east side of the metro, and a little town called Farmington on the south edge.  Farmington has the ARTCC for a big chunk of the midwest.  True or not, I was told that the ATC system was a big part of the backbone of communications for military across the country.  But, that's 30 year old information.  The infrastructure is still there though.  The microwave radio links and relay towers cover the entire country.  Who knows.

We're kinda tumbling into tinfoil territory... :lol:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hatin' life said:

Ayup.  Unfortunately, that's prolly where we need to be with this attack. <sigh>

I remember happening upon one of those "Are You a Target?" maps for my SoCal area. With all the aerospace plants (one was three miles from us), steel mills, auto plants, port facilities, manufacturing centers, etc. I knew duck and cover was only useful if I was kissing my ass goodbye. 

However, through diligent, long running efforts, Cal government has relocated most of the  productive manufacturing centers to outside the state and region. Now, there's no reason to nuke a state that's destroyed itself. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

Ayup.  Unfortunately, that's prolly where we need to be with this attack. <sigh>

I remember happening upon one of those "Are You a Target?" maps for my SoCal area. With all the aerospace plants (one was three miles from us), steel mills, auto plants, port facilities, manufacturing centers, etc. I knew duck and cover was only useful if I was kissing my ass goodbye. 

However, through diligent, long running efforts, Cal government has relocated most of the  productive manufacturing centers to outside the state and region. Now, there's no reason to nuke a state that's destroyed itself. 

Can I report all the motorhomes in Playa del Rey as “potential terrorists”?  

13 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

ap20360586316342.jpg

small but not trivial

looks like a tennesean... look at his vehicle.. 

screenshot-2020-12-25-104222.png

Well, the top's not bashed in from failure to pay attention to "low-clearance" signs, so it's not from around here.

Screenshot_20201226-134102_Facebook.thumb.jpg.4e4fb705fbc622504ae3e5b63527722d.jpg

....and no oval, "LSD" sticker...

1 hour ago, silent bob said:

Can I report all the motorhomes in Playa del Rey as “potential terrorists”?  

Yup.  But more to the point, target all those Apple software engineers sleeping in their cars and RVs in Cupertino...  Definitely subversive, probably terroristic.  

3 hours ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

I remember happening upon one of those "Are You a Target?" maps for my SoCal area. 

Heh.  I remember in junior high-school (early 70s) being told that we were living in the "target triangle"  Apparently Camp Pendleton, El Toro marine air station and the Long Beach naval weapons station (where they stored the nukes) were all near the top of the soviet tactical target lists.

Good times.

3 minutes ago, sledracr said:

Heh.  I remember in junior high-school (early 70s) being told that we were living in the "target triangle"  Apparently Camp Pendleton, El Toro marine air station and the Long Beach naval weapons station (where they stored the nukes) were all near the top of the soviet tactical target lists.

Good times.

Triangle Target at Area 51

6 minutes ago, sledracr said:

Good times.

Each side has so many nukes their targeting profiles could be pretty generous.

22 minutes ago, sledracr said:

...and the Long Beach naval weapons station (where they stored the nukes) were all near the top of the soviet tactical target lists.

Now, now, now... we all know that the Naval Weapons Station Seal Beach is officiously free of all those icky nuclear weapons, riiiiiiight? 

I'm sure the old Commie regime (and the new happy, fun time neo-Commie regime and Kung-POW Commie hegemony) targeted the entire aptly-named LA Basis for extra love pats.   

43 minutes ago, sledracr said:

Good times.

Never knew that, the nukes that is..  I always thought they were stored at North Island.... 

Growing up, we had a NIKE missile site right down the road..   Fun stuff... 

54 minutes ago, sledracr said:

Good times.

8th grade science teacher always said our area was #2 on the list because of our local manufacturing. However, he never explained why lawnmower engines and bathtubs were so important.

28 minutes ago, chum said:

This is how I remember the "likely to be killed immediately" zones. Most everywhere else not blotted out just eventually followed in an even more horrible death. Lovely.USA-targets-nuclear-attacks.jpg.56cd7421dd265f2d225463fd3a2d2b6c.jpg

Well, at least they knew about Florida. :D

Just now, silent bob said:

I think Governor Newsom should institute a background check and waiting period for the purchase of Motorhomes!  Oh, and add a bunch of taxes and fees!  Bombs don’t kill people, motorhomes kill people!

Motorhomes and guns should be subject to the same regulations and controls.

47 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Motorhomes and guns should be subject to the same regulations and controls.

Would we need a Constitutional Ammendment, The Right to Own and Bear Motorhomes?   Maybe we should restrict the size of Motorhomes to limit the amount of explosives that they can hold!  We should also restrict automatic Motorhomes, maybe only allow manual Motorhomes!  Nobody NEEDS an Automatic Motorhome!  And we could restrict the use of Motorhomes for Hunting only, not for surfing or home defense!  And if you have a Felony Record, you would not be allowed to possess a Motorhome!

17 hours ago, Bump-n-Grind said:

fuck, I'm about to start a little road trip along the coast in a rig that looks a lot like that one. 

I remember when the sniper shit was happening around DC and the got the public all worked up over white box trucks and vans. 

everyone in one of those was getting stinkeye 

And the actual sniper vehicle was a blue Chevy Caprice. 

But  you are  right. Every white box truck was either stopped of followed for a week or so. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Hatin' life said:

I'd be surprised if the government's end of the airport was affected?  But I could see the airlines getting fucked.  It probably still exists, but during the cold war there were maps that showed likely nuclear targets for my area.  I live south of Minneapolis.  The two biggest targets were the refinery on the south east side of the metro, and a little town called Farmington on the south edge.  Farmington has the ARTCC for a big chunk of the midwest.  True or not, I was told that the ATC system was a big part of the backbone of communications for military across the country.  But, that's 30 year old information.  The infrastructure is still there though.  The microwave radio links and relay towers cover the entire country.  Who knows.

Even more down to earth, I wonder if this was a diversionary tactic to draw the police and first responders somewhere else away from what was actually being hit.  If you can take down comms, ATC (think police helos), and tie up ALL the local and federal LEOs into one place, perhaps something like a bank vault somewhere being blown wouldn't draw as much attention.  Has anyone checked the vault at Ft Knox, which isn't all that far away?  j/k about Ft Knox, but maybe there was something else going on somewhere nearby that happened quietly under the radar.  I wonder if the Feds would even admit it if they did find out later.  

This was either a politically motivated attack as they took pains to try to not hurt that many people with the message to evacuate OR it was the diversion above.  Usually if its a political message - there would be claims of responsibility and the message.  Otherwise, what's the point?

16 minutes ago, Innocent Bystander said:

But  you are  right. Every white box truck was either stopped of followed for a week or so. 

That would have been a lot of work.

One day we were driving near my wife's old branch when the radio reported it had just been knocked over. The police were looking for a white, full size van.

Naturally we immediately became aware of every white van.

That was virtually ALL of them. :D Have you ever noticed how rare big vans are in any colour other than white?

At the end of the day, our critical infrastructure is only 30-40 RV bombs away from taking us back to the dark ages. 

Take out a handful of critical power substations, where replacement of transformers is measured in years and we will be facing serious power delivery problems.

Same with a handful of telco central offices / colocation facilities - While backup facilities exist, they would be hard pressed to handle the flood of traffic if you take out a major colo or fiber switching center. From the reddit posts I have been reading today, it will take weeks if not months to recover/rebuild all of the Nashville AT&T CO infrastructure. While DR plans look good on paper, it seems they have not kept pace with the massive growth in our need to stream pRon and cat videos, or to argue in PA over the latest offence to our political sensibilities. 

1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

Even more down to earth, I wonder if this was a diversionary tactic to draw the police and first responders somewhere else away from what was actually being hit.  If you can take down comms, ATC (think police helos), and tie up ALL the local and federal LEOs into one place, perhaps something like a bank vault somewhere being blown wouldn't draw as much attention.  Has anyone checked the vault at Ft Knox, which isn't all that far away?  j/k about Ft Knox, but maybe there was something else going on somewhere nearby that happened quietly under the radar.  I wonder if the Feds would even admit it if they did find out later.  

This was either a politically motivated attack as they took pains to try to not hurt that many people with the message to evacuate OR it was the diversion above.  Usually if its a political message - there would be claims of responsibility and the message.  Otherwise, what's the point?

Rest assured the Ft. Knox has actually trained and practiced this scenario time and time again.,.

Heck, all you need is a large wrench to take out some bolts in a few long distance powerlines.  Wouldn't even need all that many across the country, and whammo.

But I'm guessing they used some loc-tight on the bolts, or at least 5200.  So that may be troublesome now that I think about it.

3 hours ago, Innocent Bystander said:

And the actual sniper vehicle was a blue Chevy Caprice. 

A few weeks after 9/11, I rented a U-haul on Long Island and drove into Manhattan to help my mom move.  You bet I got pulled over crossing the Tri-Boro.  Didn't have anything to say but Yes sir, No ma'am.

2 hours ago, jhc said:

Where do they store them now? Seal Beach? 

Reportedly, the navy stores theirs at the nuke-sub base near Bangor, WA

IIRC the mayor of Seal Beach demanded that they be moved out of his back yard, due to population density.

(and, yeah, what I grew up knowing as the Long Beach naval weapon station, near Anaheim Bay, is apparently now known as Naval Weapon Station Seal Beach)

Naval Weapons Station Seal Beach - Wikipedia

2 hours ago, Windward said:

Heck, all you need is a large wrench to take out some bolts in a few long distance powerlines.  Wouldn't even need all that many across the country, and whammo.

But I'm guessing they used some loc-tight on the bolts, or at least 5200.  So that may be troublesome now that I think about it.

the software the power companies communicate with each other the distribution folks has been wide open and ripe for attack for 30 years. 

Just google US power grid vulnerabilities

There are articles upon articles on the weakness and yet your wireless router at home is more secure that the US power grid.

Russia took out the Ukraine power grid several years ago and still these bozos sleep on the job.

When it finally happens, the CEOs will throw some PR weasel in front of the camera and say "Who could have thought this could happen?"

Why DHS is wasting time feeling up little old ladies in airports instead of spearheading the security of the power/internet grid is a tragedy.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Jr. and I watched "Die Hard" last night too...traditional Christmas watching at its best...

1 hour ago, sledracr said:

Reportedly, the navy stores theirs at the nuke-sub base near Bangor, WA

IIRC the mayor of Seal Beach demanded that they be moved out of his back yard, due to population density.

(and, yeah, what I grew up knowing as the Long Beach naval weapon station, near Anaheim Bay, is apparently now known as Naval Weapon Station Seal Beach)

Naval Weapons Station Seal Beach - Wikipedia

Very interesting...

And the mayor of Bangor is good with them?

That is messed up!

I recall when that fellow lost his legs protesting out in Concord, and I believe that depot is now "retired". Kind of sad that the other states will take on those weapons, and their populations are good with it. It's really amazing there are not a lot more places in the world like Fukushima, and Chernobyl. And that instead of finding a way to get rid of those weapons our country wants to fight a war against itself, about racism, exceptionalism, and inequality. Priorities are messed up here in the USA.

If this Nashville bomb was targeted at ATT, the military industrial complex, etc., that facility is hardly the nexus. Hard to imagine what would lead someone to think that act would make a difference. Seems like more of a murder suicide sort of thing. Like someone wanted to damage that location for personal reasons, rather than political.

4 hours ago, nacradriver said:

Rest assured the Ft. Knox has actually trained and practiced this scenario time and time again.,.

to secure what a couple rows of HighEnd Printing Machines ?

All the Good Stuff Long ago Squandered

at some point the National DEBT became a None Issue

Like a Flamming airliner w no wings heading to earth like a lawn Dart ... no reason not to order the Best Drinks & Food

No One around now will have to Pay

We Will ALL be GONE First !

13 hours ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

So Cal still a major center of fruits and nuts. 

Whelp... Things have gotten a bit weirder overnight.

A person of interest has been identified, and the Feds are tearing apart his Antioch duplex now.  Neighbors report that an RV similar to the one in the bombing video was parked outside the Nashville suburb duplex for the past couple of weeks.  Authorities identified a 63-year-old man who apparently owned an similar RV to the bomb vehicle. The owner of the duplex was not at home. No one I've seen has linked the owner of the RV with the duplex as of yet. There have been no arrests.

It now seems the bomber could have been in the RV when the bomb exploded. 

The intrawebs has noticed oddities about the Twitter/ YouTube accounts that posted the surveillance videos right after the bombing. A new account with no bios attached to them. A very similar account name posted weird videos. Could be something - most likely to be tinfoil.  However, a lone crazy bomber scenario is looking more likely.   

44 minutes ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

Whelp... Things have gotten a bit weirder overnight.

A person of interest has been identified, and the Feds are tearing apart his Antioch duplex now.  Neighbors report that an RV similar to the one in the bombing video was parked outside the Nashville suburb duplex for the past couple of weeks.  Authorities identified a 63-year-old man who apparently owned an similar RV to the bomb vehicle. The owner of the duplex was not at home. No one I've seen has linked the owner of the RV with the duplex as of yet. There have been no arrests.

It now seems the bomber could have been in the RV when the bomb exploded. 

The intrawebs has noticed oddities about the Twitter/ YouTube accounts that posted the surveillance videos right after the bombing. A new account with no bios attached to them. A very similar account name posted weird videos. Could be something - most likely to be tinfoil.  However, a lone crazy bomber scenario is looking more likely.   

So some nut job who is upset about 5G decided to end his imaginary pain by killing himself and taking out AT&T at the same time???

12 minutes ago, chinabald said:

So some nut job who is upset about 5G decided to end his imaginary pain by killing himself and taking out AT&T at the same time???

On Christmas Day. Outhouse Mouse crazy. Very sad. 

It's a relief in some ways: If this scenario holds, the problem self-corrected.

9 hours ago, silent bob said:

Had one in San Speedro, today.  It didn’t go “Bang”, it went “Pfftt...”. 

BFABAC1D-DD09-484E-A25D-E2C515982219.jpeg

There was a proposal to go out a get a bunch of RV and trailers and put them on the grounds at the Metropolitan State Hospital in Norwalk and make them available to the homeless..But low a behold some Social Justice Warrior said this was demeaning to their dignity and shouldn't be allowed...  Between that and the NIMBYs' needles to say the loudest voices in the room won.   Where was Mike Thompson on this?

From The Tennessean:

Nashville Police Chief John Drake has confirmed Anthony Q. Warner, 63 as a person of interest in the Christmas day bombing investigation. Drake did not say if there are any other people of interest in the case...  An FBI spokesman confirmed Warner lives at the home federal agents searched Saturday afternoon.

Other sources have indicated Warner had electronic experience. 

This just in...

Anthony Q, long time poster on Sailing Anarchy (an obscure cultish website with a sailing fetish and penchant for online arguments) was reportedly dissatisfied with his browsing speed.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Windward said:

This just in...

Anthony Q, long time poster on Sailing Anarchy (an obscure cultish website with a sailing fetish and penchant for online arguments) was reportedly dissatisfied with his browsing speed.

Well, that seems justified to me.

3 hours ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

From The Tennessean:

Nashville Police Chief John Drake has confirmed Anthony Q. Warner, 63 as a person of interest in the Christmas day bombing investigation. Drake did not say if there are any other people of interest in the case...  An FBI spokesman confirmed Warner lives at the home federal agents searched Saturday afternoon.

Other sources have indicated Warner had electronic experience. 

I'm always fascinated by the why.

Humans can justify just about anything to themselves.

21 minutes ago, Windward said:

This just in...

But, I thought Bull Gaytor lives in his mother’s basement in Floiduh!  Oh, and the last time he tried to blow something up,  he burnt his lips on the bus’s exhaust pipe!  

17 hours ago, jhc said:

Very interesting...

And the mayor of Bangor is good with them?

That is messed up!

I recall when that fellow lost his legs protesting out in Concord, and I believe that depot is now "retired". Kind of sad that the other states will take on those weapons, and their populations are good with it. It's really amazing there are not a lot more places in the world like Fukushima, and Chernobyl. And that instead of finding a way to get rid of those weapons our country wants to fight a war against itself, about racism, exceptionalism, and inequality. Priorities are messed up here in the USA.

If this Nashville bomb was targeted at ATT, the military industrial complex, etc., that facility is hardly the nexus. Hard to imagine what would lead someone to think that act would make a difference. Seems like more of a murder suicide sort of thing. Like someone wanted to damage that location for personal reasons, rather than political.

why don't you make a comeback / second coming   make the world right?

1 hour ago, Hatin' life said:

I'm always fascinated by the why.

I'm always fascinated by the how.

Knowing how lets you throw monkeys into the wrench.