Washington 360 - Something interesting for next summer.

Really disappointed that the web site doesn't have a simple results page with finisher, boat type and time.  Instead wordy bullshit.  Looks like a wonderful sailing day here tomorrow so going to put up the asso spinnaker and sail downwind until it is time to drop it and sail home (or worst case use the d-sail).

• Like 1
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the route MUST include Spokane and Walla Walla if you're going to call it a 360. Thus a fast tow vehicle and quick loading/unloading from trailer would start to matter more.

Maybe YOU can volunteer next time.

Will be the truest test of drifters, 1/2oz spinnakers and anchors ever imagined.    but does sound interesting. 

Posted Images

The wordy bullshit has gotten very old. Yeah, we’re fun, irreverent and anti establishment woo fucking hoo. But you read the daily reports and really get no clue what is really going on out on the course from a competitive standpoint.    

I quit trying to find info on the site.  I just couldn't find an intuitive way to get to stuff.   I knew it was there bc I stumbled upon it sometime earlier.  The tracker page is also much less user friendly than previous years' r2aks.  This all seems par for the course as technology "advances", or more probably I'm too old dense for this stuff. 

I also tire of the clever wordiness.  I usually give up reading the bios after a couple sentences.  I just want the facts ma'am.

OTOH I applaud the organizers for putting on such an enjoyable show and it certainly is popular with the competitors and us spectators.  I hope for many successful future years of this event and the r2ak.

15 hours ago, zenmasterfred said:

Really disappointed that the web site doesn't have a simple results page with finisher, boat type and time.  Instead wordy bullshit.  Looks like a wonderful sailing day here tomorrow so going to put up the asso spinnaker and sail downwind until it is time to drop it and sail home (or worst case use the d-sail).

15 hours ago, zenmasterfred said:

The results are there listed under...........RESULTS on the event home page. Scroll down. The wordy bullshit appeals to a certain intellect, to others, not so much. I guess it’s no surprise that the only negativity I have seen towards NWMaritime would be on SA

10 minutes ago, D Wayne G said:

The results are there listed under...........RESULTS on the event home page. Scroll down. The wordy bullshit appeals to a certain intellect, to others, not so much. I guess it’s no surprise that the only negativity I have seen towards NWMaritime would be on SA

That's why we're special. Okay, smart guy, please walk the slow kids through it.

To find the RESULTS, do you mean this event home page?

https://nwmaritime.org/wa360/

because I scrolled all the way down and don't see any results.

Or do you mean this event home page?

https://nwmaritime.org/follow-wa360/

Which has this big yellow banner that says RESULTS but which contains no content or clickable link:

image.thumb.png.ae64ae54bedd874dc5f35e7020b8c27d.png

Or do you mean the Daily Race Update Page?

https://nwmaritime.org/wa360-daily-updates/

Which only contains wordy bullshit.

Or do you mean the Race Tracker Page, etc. etc.

I'm a supporter of NW Maritime but a shitty web site is a shitty web site.

Those rascal pups on Boogie Barge are at it again! It will be interesting to see their Corrected Time.

Note; even a blazing fast CT will only sort of matter account they had a nights sleep and a hot meal. Or two.

But still. Go!

59 minutes ago, IStream said:

That's why we're special. Okay, smart guy, please walk the slow kids through it.

To find the RESULTS, do you mean this event home page?

https://nwmaritime.org/wa360/

because I scrolled all the way down and don't see any results.

Or do you mean this event home page?

https://nwmaritime.org/follow-wa360/

Which has this big yellow banner that says RESULTS but which contains no content or clickable link:

image.thumb.png.ae64ae54bedd874dc5f35e7020b8c27d.png

Or do you mean the Daily Race Update Page?

https://nwmaritime.org/wa360-daily-updates/

Which only contains wordy bullshit.

Or do you mean the Race Tracker Page, etc. etc.

I'm a supporter of NW Maritime but a shitty web site is a shitty web site.

I don’t see how you are having a problem. I clicked on your second link and BOOM there it is. RESULTS. I am using an IPad. Maybe it doesn’t work on your equipment. Sorry. I get a little testy when I see that some folks think being negative makes them “special” or that other folks hard work fails to entertain them.

I did some troubleshooting and it looks like EFF's PrivacyBadger Chrome plug-in blocks the AirTable frame that displays the race results. If you adjust PrivacyBadger so it only blocks AirTable's cookies rather than all content, it'll work.

6 hours ago, D Wayne G said:

I don’t see how you are having a problem. I clicked on your second link and BOOM there it is. RESULTS. I am using an IPad. Maybe it doesn’t work on your equipment. Sorry. I get a little testy when I see that some folks think being negative makes them “special” or that other folks hard work fails to entertain them.

Thank you for your help, still tired of the blah, blah, blah and user unfriendly coverage.  Maybe the wonderful volunteers et. al. can do better next time.

1 hour ago, D Wayne G said:

Maybe YOU can volunteer next time.

This !!!!!!! 

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Hi All,  I'm cross posting to this thread in Multihull Anarchy in case anyone is interested in a presentation about this race.  Its next Tuesday on zoom and in person in Seattle.

• Like 1