I am angry today

My Sunday school friend is in the hospital.  Maybe now in the morgue.

Howling at the moon seems ineffective.

Should I cuss a little or drink more?  She wouldn't be impressed.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys need to do something else. Go out for a walk, this shit slinging ain't healthy.  

Curse the anti-mask morons that surround you.

The cause?

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, hasher said:

Sorry for your friend!  Cussing and Drinking are called for, and not in moderation.....

• Like 2

But, but, but it’s Christmas.......there may never be another Christmas!!! I must be with my friends and family.....without masks......indoors.......for prolonged periods. I’ll be okay. Everybody else? Well, too bad for them I have to live my life the way I want. What do epidemiologists know anyway. Face Book is my source of medical info.

So sorry man.........I’ve never been so disappointed in my nation and countrymen. 

Here’s our stats........gonna party anyway.

7DF5A6FA-F66E-48DD-8559-8ADFD25071AC.jpeg

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Death is not temporary.

I believe that the soul is eternal.

Live.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Point Break said:

So sorry man.........I’ve never been so disappointed in my nation and countrymen. 

There's never been a time that so warranted it.

55 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

1 hour ago, Point Break said:

But, but, but it’s Christmas.......there may never be another Christmas!!! I must be with my friends and family.....without masks......indoors.......for prolonged periods. I’ll be okay. Everybody else? Well, too bad for them I have to live my life the way I want. What do epidemiologists know anyway. Face Book is my source of medical info.

Here’s our stats........gonna party anyway.

7DF5A6FA-F66E-48DD-8559-8ADFD25071AC.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Who would have guessed there were so many of them?

I've recently had a few friends say the had it but were not hospitalized.  They said it hurt plenty.

I hope your friend recovers.

I love how everyone blames someone else without knowing all the facts. Is this part of the new culture?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Point Break said:

I wish I knew.......but then don’t we all.

To be completely honest, I'm not sure I want to know.  Would you live your life differently if you knew there was an eternal heaven or hell?  Would you live differently if you knew there was nothing?  I'd like to think I would not change anything, but that's probably a lie.  

My core belief in the almighty comes down to "Maybe".  I'm not going to rule it out, but then I'm not going to live in fear everyday of slipping up and disappointing the Big Guy.  So I try to live my life the best I can, every day......... Just because it's the right thing to do.  I don't always succeed.  But I try.

39 minutes ago, Meat Wad said:

I've recently had a few friends say the had it but were not hospitalized.  They said it hurt plenty.

I think one of the big problems is that there have been enough people who have become infected and recovered and it wasn't a big deal to them.  So now they are evangelical about not wearing a mask and telling everyone it wasn't a big deal.  

I recently got into an argument with a co-worker who got infected because he traveled home to visit family and likely picked it up on the airplane or along the way.  He had a mild case and recovered.  Anyway, he is now telling everyone he knows that masks don't work and there is no point.  He is quoting scientific BS that doesn't exist.  I called him out on it and he finally shut up and walked away.  But he still was stubbornly convinced that masks do nothing to stop the spread despite mounds of scientific evidence.  I would punch him in the nose if it wouldn't cost me my job.  :angry:

3 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

I love how everyone blames someone else without knowing all the facts. Is this part of the new culture?

Curious:

1) what are all the facts? There are plenty of facts of one doesn’t cherry pick looking for things that support their desired behavior.

2) look at the graph..........what is the cause?

9 minutes ago, charisma94 said:

The cause?

image.png.c250792cbd026ee1af390412cc9b1b08.png

Fucking hell!

The chase for the might $ never ends.  But the USA has led consumer based capitalism and this is what you get, there are consequences for an economy reliant on never ending growth.

b62ace53749e7cc6c15a31cbd2b63bf9_w200.gi

• Like 1
1 hour ago, charisma94 said:

The cause?

This^^.  Sadly though, that's just a part of the cause. 

Actually if you want to get pedantic, air travel is not the cause either.  The root cause is narcissistic. selfish cunts who can't stay home for the holidays for one season.  Or wear masks.  Or social distance.  Because it's all about them.  

Sorry for your friend Hasher. Whole lot of PA and assumptions based on a close friend getting sick.

In the end we will have ~ 200000 extra deaths this year, CDC has us at 2.8 million  today minus January. January will be 130000-170000. We expected statistically 2890000, we'll record ~3080000.

57 minutes ago, warbird said:

Sorry for your friend Hasher. Whole lot of PA and assumptions based on a close friend getting sick.

In the end we will have ~ 200000 extra deaths this year, CDC has us at 2.8 million  today minus January. January will be 130000-170000. We expected statistically 2890000, we'll record ~3080000.

Is it a china virus illness?

9 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

4 hours ago, Point Break said:

Curious:

1) what are all the facts? There are plenty of facts of one doesn’t cherry pick looking for things that support their desired behavior.

are you a bozo, the poor guy posted about his friend getting infected and hospitalized.  Everyone posting has automatically thought it was someone else's fault.
How the F do any of you know the particulars of the friends case?
This SA Forum's have become so toxic with all you finger pointers.

I'm sorry you all have fucked up his thread.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, hasher said:

Death is not temporary.

I believe that the soul is eternal.

Live.

You have hit on a basic tenet of my philosophy. The flesh is divine, it is nutrients to the next set of creatures to come along, and they in turn, eventually become nutrients for us.

But the soul is eternal. It is remembered even if in passing. The soul is the entire embodiment of a being. Whole people are made up of more soul than of flesh and blood.

a person's worth is more than material goods, money. property. It is what they are remembered for, how they lived their lives, and the physical impact or influence they had on others, or metaphysical things, the wisdom, education, or humor that they imparted on the way.....

Hasher, I hope your friend pulls through... And that's all I'll say.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

Yes it is the new culture.

Half of America accepts bullshit as the new reality.  I've seen you do it in other threads.

1 minute ago, astro said:

Yes it is the new culture.

Half of America accepts bullshit as the new reality.  I've seen you do it in other threads.

This thread is supposition entirely....  There have been no answers to direct questions, only presumptions, PA style....

28 minutes ago, astro said:

Fuck, WarpedBird has arrived to tell us that there is no virus.

tenor.gif

I have injected facts. See this CDC link.  Add ~160-170K for January, fill out December at ~50k per week and you get  ~3.08 Million deaths in the US 2020.  Approximately 200K above the expected US death count.  Then look at 2021 deaths, we have to wait till 2022 to see those....

Provisional Death Counts for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) (cdc.gov)

3 minutes ago, warbird said:

I have injected facts.

You have only injected pure bullshit to this site for fucking years and years.

giphy.gif

Fucking hilarious how fuckwit lying cunts like Mikey and WarpedBird only started quoting the CDC after Trump took it over.

f1cb3213249c849827956a72442401f6.gif

1 hour ago, warbird said:

I have injected facts.

The only place you inject facts is when the subject is cars or planes or bikes.

Everywhere else you inject ideological zealotry.

Just now, astro said:

Fucking hilarious how fuckwit lying cunts like Mikey and WarpedBird only started quoting the CDC after Trump took it over.

f1cb3213249c849827956a72442401f6.gif

It was too full of facts and that science shit before then.

10 hours ago, charisma94 said:

The cause?

NZ on average has about 400 people coming into the country every day  under the "essential skills" guise.

One of the many "essential skills" NZ apparently needs, is.  Taxi Driver.

FFS, I thought we were still in lock-down.

It's not just the US that is not taking this seriously enough.

23 hours ago, hasher said:

Best wishes for you and your friend. What is her illness?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, floating dutchman said:

NZ on average has about 400 people coming into the country every day  under the "essential skills" guise.

One of the many "essential skills" NZ apparently needs, is.  Taxi Driver.

FFS, I thought we were still in lock-down.

It's not just the US that is not taking this seriously enough.

I was supposed to be heading over there soon for the AC (and work as well), but I'd have to be 15 days in a hotel room (costs about 3k) and I can't spare either the time nor the money.

Anyway, I'd say you are pretty much locked down regarding the virus.

3 hours ago, Dog said:

Best wishes for you and your friend. What is her illness?

3 guesses. The first 2 don't count.

On 12/28/2020 at 9:25 AM, Meat Wad said:

I know someone who's ASS has been being Kicked 75 w heart complacations

I likely shall be giving them a ride home later today

someone else who is a friend of theirs and around them before they got sick

tested POSITIVE 2x (checked for false +) and has Felt NO Signs of being sick for 10+ dazs

It's a Cock-Up and little if anything is actually understood

2 minutes ago, alphafb552 said:

Why would this be surprising? Pfizer (and all other vaccine manufacturers btw) never claimed effectiveness over 95% - so  1 in 20 people who take the vaccine will not be immune to it...

Same reason that certain people believed that the virus would miraculously disappear on Easter Sunday. Certain people blindly believe what they want to hear, not the objective truth.

18 hours ago, warbird said:

I have injected facts. See this CDC link.  Add ~160-170K for January, fill out December at ~50k per week and you get  ~3.08 Million deaths in the US 2020.  Approximately 200K above the expected US death count.  Then look at 2021 deaths, we have to wait till 2022 to see those....

Provisional Death Counts for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) (cdc.gov)

DUDE!

On 12/28/2020 at 4:00 PM, Point Break said:

Curious:

Are there facts?  Or just what we've been told?

Is the cause is the same reason they call any snowfall a "storm"?  To sell advertising and generate revenue?

Did hasher's friend end up in the hospital because of rona? Or does this echo chamber assume that's it?

My cousin died yesterday.  Was it rona?  Cancer? Old age? Drowning? Car accident? Drug overdose? Suicide? Murder? Choking? Untreated syphilis?  Am I lying for attention?

1 hour ago, Hatin' life said:

Are there facts?  Or just what we've been told?

Is the cause is the same reason they call any snowfall a "storm"?  To sell advertising and generate revenue?

Did hasher's friend end up in the hospital because of rona? Or does this echo chamber assume that's it?

My cousin died yesterday.  Was it rona?  Cancer? Old age? Drowning? Car accident? Drug overdose? Suicide? Murder? Choking? Untreated syphilis?  Am I lying for attention?

8 billion people on the planet realize this is serious, but only the US righties know better?

Yeah ... no.

I saw some data recently to the effect that if you count all the US deaths so far this year, then subtract the usual # of deaths in any given year, we already have 200,000 extra deaths. So 2OOK or 300K ... something new is killing a lot of people. Nobody thinks you're lying, but misinformed at the very least. Too bad regular folk have to be exposed by the arrogantly ignorant who disregard what they see in front of them. 

11 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

8 billion people on the planet realize this is serious, but only the US righties know better?

Yeah ... no.

I saw some data recently to the effect that if you count all the US deaths so far this year, then subtract the usual # of deaths in any given year, we already have 200,000 extra deaths. So 2OOK or 300K ... something new is killing a lot of people. Nobody thinks you're lying, but misinformed at the very least. Too bad regular folk have to be exposed by the arrogantly ignorant who disregard what they see in front of them. 

Did it state what the population growth versus global infant mortality is?  I think we're supposed to add ~80m people to the planet this year?  Is that increase in deaths on par with the projected 1.08% growth?  If there was 58m deaths last year, could those added deaths be that 1% increase?  I come up with 2020 should have about 625k more than last year.

You can manipulate stats any which way you want.

It's not serious for me.  It's not been serious for anyone I know.  Which is about 15 people.  My drive to work this morning was far more life threatening than the rona.

I don't know who you can trust.

2 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

wellcome to moedrne worlde...............                    :)

Right.

So is Hasher's friend in the hospital for rona, or did he just throw a grenade down the well to see if it'd splash?

2 hours ago, Hatin' life said:

It's not serious for me.  It's not been serious for anyone I know.  Which is about 15 people.  My drive to work this morning was far more life threatening than the rona.

That's a world-view to be really proud of. 

• Like 1

my friend 75+ is still in hospital, no ventilator but lots of wires

sounded better yesterday & haven't reached him today

I can give you FACTS on someone just under 70 who tested Positive 2X (checked for false +)

No inward or outward signs of COVID-19 outside of test results other than a slightly stuffy nose for a couple days

Smell & Taste senses just fine (working but no actual test to compare)

Best I can surmise COVID-19 is like a Mayhem Guy ... Pushing people standing on a cliff or Subway platform

YES COVID-19 Killed them .... But it only exploited an opportunity to Kill someone someway else

12 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

Best I can surmise COVID-19 is like a Mayhem Guy ... Pushing people standing on a cliff or Subway platform

YES COVID-19 Killed them .... But it only exploited an opportunity to Kill someone someway else

That sounds good for the older age group ... but too many stories around with younger folk, even if not killed, severely affected. Regardless how small your group of pals may be ... the virus will show up eventually. Probably not directly. The time between being exposed and aware is the snake in the woodpile. Most folks I know have given up with this argument on non-believers. They cannot be reached and it's apparently not IQ related. 

28 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

That sounds good for the older age group ... but too many stories around with younger folk, even if not killed, severely affected. Regardless how small your group of pals may be ... the virus will show up eventually. Probably not directly. The time between being exposed and aware is the snake in the woodpile. Most folks I know have given up with this argument on non-believers. They cannot be reached and it's apparently not IQ related. 

The same can be said for countless other disease processes.

A quick look finds 1,800 children die every year from cancer, so far this year about 100 children have died from covid.

And just to be clear I'm not diminishing the effect covid is having on peoples lives. It's real

57 minutes ago, bmiller said:

A quick look finds 1,800 children die every year from cancer, so far this year about 100 children have died from covid.

And just to be clear I'm not diminishing the effect covid is having on peoples lives. It's real

As most grok, the issue here isn't the virus itself --shit happens-- but rather the criminal misfeasance of official responses. And the criminal cover up of the fall out. At gunpoint in FL. This has allowed the kool aid drinkers to deny -- even as they lay dying -- the Covid Effect. When I hear an official state there are no beds available in Los Angeles, I believe it, no matter how clear the air is in the City of Hayseed, East Bumfuck County, MN. 

I don't follow Dr Drew But I've heard of him. His latest, now that he's sick: “My early comments about equating coronavirus with influenza were wrong. They were incorrect. I was part of a chorus that was saying that. And we were wrong."

To argue against rational responses to contagion is ignorance on display. I'm out of fucks to give to HLife, or the several hundred dumbasses I know myself. Not everything has to be learned the hard way.

5 hours ago, Blue Crab said:
7 hours ago, Hatin' life said:

My drive to work this morning was far more life threatening than the rona.

That's a world-view to be really proud of. 

And typically ignorant as well.

The bug has killed 10X as many people as cars. Annual road deaths are around 35,000 - the bug should hit 350,000 later today or early tomorrow - for about 10 months.

For intelligent people, that an order of magnitude greater.

8 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Yeah ... no.

US righties blah, blah, blah... But Spain lefties's numbers are much worse, so maybe left-right is not the issue.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, chuso007 said:

US righties blah, blah, blah... But Spain lefties's numbers are much worse, so maybe left-right is not the issue.

It's a critical thought issue. Plenty of room on the left for poor reasoning but I'd say it's more endemic on the right, at least in the US. 

1 hour ago, IStream said:

It's a critical thought issue. Plenty of room on the left for poor reasoning but I'd say it's more endemic on the right, at least in the US. 

Zealots on the left are every bit as blind and stupid and ignorant as zealots on the right.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

And typically ignorant as well.

The bug has killed 10X as many people as cars. Annual road deaths are around 35,000 - the bug should hit 350,000 later today or early tomorrow - for about 10 months.

For intelligent people, that an order of magnitude greater.

The bug will total ~220k in 2020 according to the current CDC numbers accepting that 2020 would have been  2.9 million deaths absent the china virus.

12 hours ago, Hatin' life said:

Did it state what the population growth versus global infant mortality is?  I think we're supposed to add ~80m people to the planet this year?  Is that increase in deaths on par with the projected 1.08% growth?  If there was 58m deaths last year, could those added deaths be that 1% increase?  I come up with 2020 should have about 625k more than last year.

You can manipulate stats any which way you want.

I don't know who you can trust.

You must be less intelligent than the dust that collects on your shoes.  I'm sorry I couldn't insult you in a more intelligent way but your idiocy drives me crazy.

3 hours ago, warbird said:

The bug will total ~220k in 2020 according to the current CDC numbers accepting that 2020 would have been  2.9 million deaths absent the china virus.

JFC - what alternate universe do you inhabit?

It's already killed 350,000.

6 hours ago, hasher said:

You must be less intelligent than the dust that collects on your shoes.  I'm sorry I couldn't insult you in a more intelligent way but your idiocy drives me crazy.

Better luck next time?  Better yet, there's an ignore button.  I'm sure somebody with such a clearly superior intellect and high functioning reasoning knew that.

So, is the friend sick with the rona, or is it too much fun watching people jump to conclusions?

17 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

No but I don't think that means what you think it means.

I think it means you don't know anybody who has died of rona.  Projection is fun though.  What do you think I think that means?

10 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

No tv, radio, internet or newspapers in MN?

Sure.  They're all claiming the sky is falling and healthy people are better off hiding in their homes than living what little time they have on this planet.

But sloop is correct, you're the "fuck you, I got mine" type.

12 hours ago, Hatin' life said:

I think it means you don't know anybody who has died of rona. 

My BIL died of it a couple of months back - so fuck you.

I don't know anyone killed by a drunk driver so I guess it's O/K for me to drink & drive - why should my liberty be compromised?

You are what is colloquially known as "Too Stupid To Live"

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

No tv, radio, internet or newspapers in MN?

I think his receptor neurons have been destroyed by long term exposure to MEK, and other solvents.

45 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

My BIL died of it a couple of months back - so fuck you.

I don't know anyone killed by a drunk driver so I guess it's O/K for me to drink & drive - why should my liberty be compromised?

You are what is colloquially known as "Too Stupid To Live"

Wow.  You respected him so much you couldn't even be bothered to spell out brother in law....  Tells the world a lot about your character.

You got anymore make believe outrage for the class?

19 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

Wow.  You respected him so much you couldn't even be bothered to spell out brother in law....  Tells the world a lot about your character.

You got anymore make believe outrage for the class?

Guys, it's NYE.  How about a 12hr moratorium as I think you're both very decent and falling prey to the Internet.  Can't it wait until tomorrow?

• Like 1
On 12/31/2020 at 7:27 AM, bmiller said:

nobody is seriously disputing such information, just pointing out that a kid with cancer aint going to give it to their grandparents.....

the issue is how much responsibility does an individual have to not spread a disease to another?

18 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

nobody is seriously disputing such information, just pointing out that a kid with cancer aint going to give it to their grandparents.....

the issue is how much responsibility does an individual have to not spread a disease to another?

That seemed to be less important with herpes and aids....!