I am angry today

3 hours ago, warbird said:

News channel this AM reported Wisconsin hospitalizations at 1000, down from 2300 in November. Wisconsin has 159 hospitals so there is an average of ~7 patients per hospital.

Yeah, things are completely under control - there's no problem as the virus declines.

# Country,
Other
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Total
Recovered
Active
Cases
Serious,
Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop
Deaths/
1M pop
Total
Tests
Tests/
1M pop
Population
  World 84,362,926 +562,685 1,834,668 +9,638 59,633,225 22,895,033 106,544 10,823 235.4      
1 USA 20,617,346 +166,044 356,445 +2,129 12,175,841 8,085,060 29,405 62,104 1,074 254,682,723 767,159

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys need to do something else. Go out for a walk, this shit slinging ain't healthy.  

Curse the anti-mask morons that surround you.

The cause?

Posted Images

These two seem to be after Dogballs record of talking to himself.

You've chosen to ignore content by Burning Man. Options

You've chosen to ignore content by Hatin' life. Options

1 hour ago, warbird said:

Take it to PA

That's funny.

A response to your political comment here should be taken to PA.

Fuck you very much.

5 hours ago, billy backstay said:

You sound like a Republican, "I've got mine, the rest of you can eat cake shit!"

FIFY

• Like 1
5 hours ago, warbird said:

News channel this AM reported Wisconsin hospitalizations at 1000, down from 2300 in November. Wisconsin has 159 hospitals so there is an average of ~7 patients per hospital.

This seems to contradict that anecdotal news from WI.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/12/16/hospitals-covid-overwhelmed/

19 hours ago, warbird said:

That is a little humorous:D  Most US hospitals have a lower than average patient load and only some big city hospitals are crowded.

19 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Dude, seriously?  You cannot be this stupid.  Well maybe you can, but do you have to work at it or does it just come naturally?

9 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

You can't handle the truth.

It's really easy to google this yourself

This is why -I- am angry at evil-minded fuck-heads like you and Mr I Hate Life. Go ahead, start your civil war for Trump. We'll fucking kill you and your dumbass buddies, and America will be far far better off.

- DSK

8 hours ago, warbird said:

7 hours ago, warbird said:

There is no party affiliation in posting facts.  Some one upthread said hospitals are overwelmed and I merely point out that Wisconsin hospitals have on average less than 7 China virus patients per hospital.

COVID-19: Hospitals | Wisconsin Department of Health Services

image.png

From the graphy thingy at the bottom you can see Wisconsin was at ~2300 hospitalizations in November.  The Current number is ~1000(1074).

1 hour ago, warbird said:

COVID-19: Hospitals | Wisconsin Department of Health Services

image.png

From the graphy thingy at the bottom you can see Wisconsin was at ~2300 hospitalizations in November.  The Current number is ~1000(1074).

Everything I've read over the past year indicates that once people have been put on a ventilator for the bug they are basically fucked for life, even if they survive.

Oh well, it's only 473 people and they're probably all old so what does it matter?

18 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Everything I've read over the past year indicates that once people have been put on a ventilator for the bug they are basically fucked for life, even if they survive.

Oh well, it's only 473 people and they're probably all old so what does it matter?

Varies but currently and in general once on a vent, 88% do not survive to discharge. 

4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

That's barely more than 400 people.

Why should I have to wear a mask for that?

Some people look good in a mask, it brings out the eyes.

They are all female, most guys look like dorks in masks.

1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

Quite the dilemma: Trust the Kenosha Vietnam Veterans blog or the Washington Post?

Wisconsin Department of Health?

Kenosha?

Vietnam Vet?

1 hour ago, Point Break said:

Varies but currently and in general once on a vent, 88% do not survive to discharge. 

88%?????  Really????  Wow, I had no idea it was so high.  Why is a vent called for then if the risks are so high?  I would think you would do everything possible to keep them off it with only a 12% survival rate.  I could see someone coming in on a bus who's been in a massive head on collision and their survival rate is 0% unless they go on a vent.  But I can't imagine your typical covid patient is going to present so severely that there are not alternate forms of treatment before it gets to that point.  

1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

88%?????  Really????  Wow, I had no idea it was so high.  Why is a vent called for then if the risks are so high?  I would think you would do everything possible to keep them off it with only a 12% survival rate.  I could see someone coming in on a bus who's been in a massive head on collision and their survival rate is 0% unless they go on a vent.  But I can't imagine your typical covid patient is going to present so severely that there are not alternate forms of treatment before it gets to that point.  

Oh yeah, they really delay and try to avoid putting patients on a vent. It’s evolved to where it’s 12% chance on a vent versus 0 without.

3 hours ago, warbird said:
5 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Quite the dilemma: Trust the Kenosha Vietnam Veterans blog or the Washington Post?

Wisconsin Department of Health?

Kenosha?

Vietnam Vet?

Dang, a beer sez you're the only reader that didn't get that. You may well be as dumb as discussed above.

I was suggesting that you'd believe any news source that confirmed your bias, even when it contrasted with info from a genuine news source. Secondly, no mention was made of the WI Department of Health. The Kenosha reference was a WI town that most have heard of, to be prepositional about it. Finally, the Vet blog was a complete fiction I just thought was catchy.

Oh well. Back to PA with you.

4 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

I was suggesting that you'd believe any news source that confirmed your bias, even when it contrasted with info from a genuine news source. Secondly, ...

There is no "secondly". I posted facts from a DHS wisgov site with no "political intent". There is no "bias" in factual numbers....

44 minutes ago, warbird said:

There is no "secondly". I posted facts from a DHS wisgov site with no "political intent". There is no "bias" in factual numbers....

I don't think I can dumb down my responses much further. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

These two seem to be after Dogballs record of talking to himself.

Haha.  Like a small child, hiding their face in a pillow.

Has Hasher told us how his friend is doing? Hopefully better. I may have missed it if he did mention.

From Twitter: 

Replying to
"We portray COVID outcomes as binary—alive or not alive. “Survivor” should not be equated to “fine now.” There’s a lot that comes with surviving COVID—often in the form of oxygen or even a long term ventilator (and those are just the pulmonary complications)."

Jamie replies: 

"I'm a survivor . I struggle to get out of bed on days. My stamina goes from 100 to 0 like a unpredictable cell phone battery with no charger available. I feel the heat and cold to the bone or to overreacting. I get hungry or not randomly."

Jessie 

"Today is 3 weeks, and I still feel so weak. I need to go back to work next week, I just don't know if I can."

Then Ms Minnesota chimes in:

"But but there's a 99.9999% survival rate so I am not going to live in fear."    

10 hours ago, Point Break said:
11 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Oh yeah, they really delay and try to avoid putting patients on a vent. It’s evolved to where it’s 12% chance on a vent versus 0 without.

At least Jeff isn't going on and on about what a bunch of dumbasses doctors are, as some people have. I think the problem is lack of understanding what "going on a ventilator" means.

For Jeff (and others): There are some different methods for patients being ventilated, but it means that they cannot breath. They're effectively dead, 0% survival. One of the problem with CoviD-19 infection is that the lungs can be so severely damaged that there simply isn't enough lung tissue to transfer oxygen into the blood and CO2 out, and pushing air in causes structural damage.

What alternate form of treatment is there, for that?

- DSK

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Point Break said:

4116E20A-D8A1-462C-99D3-A9217A860A07.png

To place in perspective, our normal ICU capacity is greater than 100% as we place patients in the PACU if we cannot place in ICU. Also there is daily movement. We usually have less than 5% availability and hospital is always at near full capacity. This was Pre COVID. Above is misleading as it is the usual

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, burndoc said:

To place in perspective, our normal ICU capacity is greater than 100% as we place patients in the PACU if we cannot place in ICU. Also there is daily movement. We usually have less than 5% availability and hospital is always at near full capacity. This was Pre COVID. Above is misleading as it is the usual

Thanks Doc! That’s really helpful as well. OC tracks two expressions of ICU Capacity both %of adult beds avail. The first is just that raw number sitting at zero that they call “adjusted”. The second is the adult bed % that they call “unadjusted”. The definitions provide a series of calculations to arrive at “unadjusted” which frankly even though I’ve read the definitions has evaded my complete contextual understanding. Your overview helped. Frankly, for simply getting a handle on community spread I tend to simply look at the trend lines and raw numbers of 1) those sick enough to be hospitalized for COVID and 2) the subset of those in ICU. I sorta combine that with the offline anecdotal observations of a number of hospitalists we know professionally from most of the major centers here in OC and draw my conclusions from that. Funny thing is those guys often have no idea of the system data and simply know how busy they are and how sick the patients are.

If we could only teach the Heath bureaucrats “plain speak” we would all be so much more confident in the veracity of the situation (although frankly, unlike most, LA County’s health officer is a jewel among them. She of course talks mostly about LA County and unfortunately that’s our TV news market so we get to listen to all that. 

Thanks for taking the time to provide me more info.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Thanks Doc! That’s really helpful as well. OC tracks two expressions of ICU Capacity both %of adult beds avail. The first is just that raw number sitting at zero that they call “adjusted”. The second is the adult bed % that they call “unadjusted”. The definitions provide a series of calculations to arrive at “unadjusted” which frankly even though I’ve read the definitions has evaded my complete contextual understanding. Your overview helped. Frankly, for simply getting a handle on community spread I tend to simply look at the trend lines and raw numbers of 1) those sick enough to be hospitalized for COVID and 2) the subset of those in ICU. I sorta combine that with the offline anecdotal observations of a number of hospitalists we know professionally from most of the major centers here in OC and draw my conclusions from that. Funny thing is those guys often have no idea of the system data and simply know how busy they are and how sick the patients are.

If we could only teach the Heath bureaucrats “plain speak” we would all be so much more confident in the veracity of the situation (although frankly, unlike most, LA County’s health officer is a jewel among them. She of course talks mostly about LA County and unfortunately that’s our TV news market so we get to listen to all that. 

Thanks for taking the time to provide me more info.

Interestingly less intubation with this second peak. Earlier and more treatment and maybe a little less knee jerk reaction with ventilators are part of the reason.  I think the community hospital which are smaller and less ICU beds as a percentage of total beds got hit harder the first time due to the number of nursing homes in the community. Being a city hospital less percentage of these older debilitated patients. Early I saw some people get sick real fast, fortunately most of the ones I have recently seen have been asymptomatic positives, even one in the 90's

getting the second half of my vaccination this week.

stay safe

• Like 2

This thread is like

1 question

Does anyone yet Not understand 

The set in cement views of the doubles match players ??

"This Just in" not appropriate 

FB_IMG_1609696230402.jpg

4 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

From Twitter: 

Replying to
"We portray COVID outcomes as binary—alive or not alive. “Survivor” should not be equated to “fine now.” There’s a lot that comes with surviving COVID—often in the form of oxygen or even a long term ventilator (and those are just the pulmonary complications)."

Jamie replies: 

"I'm a survivor . I struggle to get out of bed on days. My stamina goes from 100 to 0 like a unpredictable cell phone battery with no charger available. I feel the heat and cold to the bone or to overreacting. I get hungry or not randomly."

Jessie 

"Today is 3 weeks, and I still feel so weak. I need to go back to work next week, I just don't know if I can."

Ever hear about that planes that land on the news?  Or just the ones that crash?

Explain to me why it is better to lock up everyone, versus locking up a few?  Wouldn't that keep them safe?  Isn't that what you want?  Or is this more of your "fuck the rats, I got mine"?

4 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Has Hasher told us how his friend is doing? Hopefully better. I may have missed it if he did mention.

Negative.  Nor what the friend is/was in the was hospitalized for.

16 minutes ago, Hatin' life said:

Ever hear about that planes that land on the news?  Or just the ones that crash?

Explain to me why it is better to lock up everyone, versus locking up a few?  Wouldn't that keep them safe?  Isn't that what you want?  Or is this more of your "fuck the rats, I got mine"?

Fuck the rats is your point of view. See upthread somewhere. However, shooting the unmasked would be alright with me.  Why allow them to infect others because of their own stupidity/carelessness?

Darwin works too slowly to deal with pandemics.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, floating dutchman said:

I wonder if the Covid deniers are the same folk who refuse to turn their headlights on in low light situations, because "fuck you, I can see where I'm going" and don't give a fuck that you can't see them?

Rhetorical question I'm sure. Those are also the folks with those blow-your-retinas-out blue lights. Nickle sez Warbird and Hatin' Everything both have them on their 3500 diesel trucks because ................fuck yeah! 

Rhetorical question I'm sure. Those are also the folks with those blow-your-retinas-out blue lights. Nickle sez Warbird and Hatin' Everything both have them on their 3500 diesel trucks because ................fuck yeah! 

See the source imageWith stock headlights, one of them works:lol:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Fuck the rats is your point of view. See upthread somewhere. However, shooting the unmasked would be alright with me.  Why allow them to infect others because of their own stupidity/carelessness?

Nope.  You're making shit up.  Lock them up so they are safe.  You don't need to lock up everyone to protect a few.  But you got yours, so fuck the rest right?

There's absolutely nothing standing in the way of you striking down the unasked with your righteousness.  You'll be viewed as a hero.  Be the hero.  Would you be alright with terrorists killing 350,000 of your countrymen?  Your time to protect the nation, is now.

28 minutes ago, bmiller said:

You guys need to do something else. Go out for a walk, this shit slinging ain't healthy.

Hey, it's an angry thread. Let them spew their bile here. I'm outa it!

• Like 1

Bone stock, except for some dog hair, and I'm sure there's some fries under seat as well.

20200804_085225.jpg

7 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Darwin is cheering this pandemic on. Clearing out those to dumb to look after themselves. Seems like a bit of a win for the general population.

9 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Darwin is cheering this pandemic on. Clearing out those to dumb to look after themselves. Seems like a bit of a win for the general population.

Too

5 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Thanks, wasn't sure if it was one or two, so left it.

Take it to the Angry thread!

2 minutes ago, Willin' said:

Take it to the Angry thread!

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............. The Millinocket Packett was bearing down on us in the fog. {chugg a chugg a chugg...} "Give her a blast of tha horn Bert!" Says I.... Bert gave a blast "Whaaaaa! Whaaa!"

2 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............. The Millinocket Packett was bearing down on us in the fog. {chugg a chugg a chugg...} "Give her a blast of tha horn Bert!" Says I.... Bert gave a blast "Whaaaaa! Whaaa!"

And the tug kept coming..... Happened here, a tug ran through a fleet and took out a J24. Friends were wet but unharmed.

"Bert" says I, "Give her another blast!"

Bert gives another blast on the horn "WHAAA! Whaaaaa!"

24 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

By me, even after a bit of searching, but in keeping with the dour flavor of this thread here's this...

ETA.. good 'un

Although I always thought it was Buuuuuurt & I.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, bmiller said:

4 hours ago, Willin' said:

Hey, it's an angry thread. Let them spew their bile here. I'm outa it!

Willin', you are an ass. Th thread was about someone being angry at a friend who is in the hospital.

You really need to do a time out.

14 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

From Twitter: 

Replying to

Jamie replies: 

Jessie 

So are these people with preexisting conditions??????AKA unhealthy to begin with. Or just old?????

WTF do you think China released this Covid for??? Western Civilization is unhealthy. If Hitler had this he would have released it too.

If you get rid of the old and unhealthy, all that is left are the young, impressionable and healthy. the CCP and Dems want to mold the youth into their vision of the future and do away with Grand Ma and Grand Pa. Remember what Hillary said? "It takes a community to raise a child". Not a Family, a Community.

Communist Chinese Party = Nazi Germany

Hey Crab............Crabs cook in boiling water and some butter after cracking.

• Like 1

bert and i youtube

14 minutes ago, Meat Wad said:

Willin', you are an ass. Th thread was about someone being angry at a friend who is in the hospital.

Or not. There may have ever been a friend, nor a sunday school. It may all have been a heart string troll.

2 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

bert and i youtube

Or not. There may have ever been a friend, nor a sunday school. It may all have been a heart string troll.

One reason why this place has gone straight downhill

10 hours ago, Hatin' life said:

Imgflip

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Meat Wad said:

One reason why this place has gone straight downhill

I recall that was the first post on the new forum a bazillion years ago.

Just now, Gissie said:

It is the Angry thread.

Didn't you say you were fucking off? Do you always lie to people?

Well, tell him to fuck off. He's Willin'.

8 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

Hey Dick Wad, you got fired as a moderator, remember? Take a long roll off a short pier.

1 hour ago, nacradriver said:
15 hours ago, Hatin' life said:

Bone stock, except for some dog hair, and I'm sure there's some fries under seat as well.

20200804_085225.jpg

What kind for fries?  2 year old McDonald's are still good.. just brush them off..

WTF is it with fries and cellphones going down the right hand gap between the driver seat and the console???  It's like there is a fry & phone magnet under that side of the seat that no matter where they fall, they always go right.  It should be a 50-50 roll of the dice but they NEVER go in between your legs.  I swear I've watched a fry drop and watched it's trajectory hit my thigh dead center, bounce up in the air headed towards the middle of my lap and then mysteriously defy the laws of gravity and bend right to fall straight down the gap.  

14 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

WTF is it with fries and cellphones going down the right hand gap between the driver seat and the console???  It's like there is a fry & phone magnet under that side of the seat that no matter where they fall, they always go right.  It should be a 50-50 roll of the dice but they NEVER go in between your legs.  I swear I've watched a fry drop and watched it's trajectory hit my thigh dead center, bounce up in the air headed towards the middle of my lap and then mysteriously defy the laws of gravity and bend right to fall straight down the gap.  

Wearre theise 'magice fries'  ???

Magice Beanes.PNG

:)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, nacradriver said:

What kind for fries?  2 year old McDonald's are still good.. just brush them off..

Ugh, they have about a five minute window in my experience.:unsure:

1 hour ago, Burning Man said:

You're thinking Newtonian physics, when Quantum mechanics is likely at play is my guess.  They drop down the hole and probably appear in three different realities.

The phone is usually tethered to the head unit for maps and hands free, so that's less of an issue lately.  Or at least there's a cord plugged in to fish it back from the event horizon.

6 hours ago, Burning Man said:

That sounds like me hitting a golf ball.... only it is not the gap, it is that water hazard..

22 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

So are these people with preexisting conditions??????AKA unhealthy to begin with. Or just old?????

WTF do you think China released this Covid for??? Western Civilization is unhealthy. If Hitler had this he would have released it too.

If you get rid of the old and unhealthy, all that is left are the young, impressionable and healthy. the CCP and Dems want to mold the youth into their vision of the future and do away with Grand Ma and Grand Pa. Remember what Hillary said? "It takes a community to raise a child". Not a Family, a Community.

Communist Chinese Party = Nazi Germany

Hey Crab............Crabs cook in boiling water and some butter after cracking.

Holy fucking shit! 

That's great - as long as you're not one of these people.

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

On January 3, 2021 at 5:31 PM, bmiller said:

Being rude is easy, and lazy. Being part of a mob is fun, easy, and lazy. Being kind in the face of rudeness is hard and requires self discipline. Resisting a mob requires knowledge of self and strength of character. 

On January 4, 2021 at 7:02 AM, Willin' said:

Hey Dick Wad, you got fired as a moderator, remember? Take a long roll off a short pier.

You say this to a guy in a wheelchair?