Why did J Boats drop the J100?

21 hours ago, glass said:

To the wouldbe Emperor Nero thumbs down clowns who managed to give my posts 24 negative reviews in jut a couple of days

such as BobJ, Firefly-DC, NYBOZO1, CptnJoe, Teener, NYBOZ1, and others, how many of you own a J/100 ?

I have a gorgeous J/100, so eat your envious hearts out.

https://me.me/i/sour-grapes-makethe-worst-whine-sour-grapes-sure-looks-like-da2d438626be4e419ded98b22c9bf5bd

It appears that captnjoe  owns a J/100.

BobJ, Firefly-DC, NYBOZO and Teener have not replied.

I am honored that wankers  BobJ and Firefly-DC, who follow me around this forum much like dumped turds follow an astronaut in orbit, found enough time to add 2 thumbs down to my posts.

• Downvote 4

Glass, this is a J/100 thread on the J Boats forum on Sailing Anarchy.  You are poisoning it.  If you really own a J/100, you are hurting yourself and the other owners.

It would be far better to talk up the boat's virtues and make this thread desirable to read.  This might even help you sell yours someday.

Since you asked, I've owned a couple of J Boats and have raced them quite successfully over 18 years.  I've since moved up to a larger boat with more accommodations and speed than the J/100.  I could buy at least two J/100s for what I have into it.  But I'm still a J Boat fan because I owned and raced them for so many years.

Finally, I only down-voted your negative posts.  There were plenty of those so you see the result.  Post something positive and helpful and it won't get down-voted.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, BobJ said:

Glass, this is a J/100 thread on the J Boats forum on Sailing Anarchy.  You are poisoning it.  If you really own a J/100, you are hurting yourself and the other owners.

It would be far better to talk up the boat's virtues and make this thread desirable to read.  This might even help you sell yours someday.

Since you asked, I've owned a couple of J Boats and have raced them quite successfully over 18 years.  I've since moved up to a larger boat with more accommodations and speed than the J/100.  I could buy at least two J/100s for what I have into it.  But I'm still a J Boat fan because I owned and raced them for so many years.

Finally, I only down-voted your negative posts.  There were plenty of those so you see the result.  Post something positive and helpful and it won't get down-voted.

I specifically asked if you own a J/100. Is this your weasel way of avoiding the answer to my question?

As far as all those thumbs down votes there were posted in the last few days; they are from the few limp noodle dicks like you.

Compare that to the fact that I have newer given a thumbs down vote to anyone including you. I prefer to give whiners like you a knuckle sandwich and a kick in the ass.

• Downvote 6

I don't need to answer your question, although if you could read you would see that I did.  And you certainly have a preoccupation with dicks, especially limp ones.  Personal issue there?  As to the knuckle sandwich, you can't back it up so don't bother with the threats.  My, you're an asshole.  Back on ignore you go, with another downvote.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, BobJ said:

I don't need to answer your question - although if you could read, you would see that I did.  And you certainly have a preoccupation with dicks, especially limp ones.  Personal issue there?  As to the knuckle sandwich, you can't back it up so don't bother with the threats.  My, you're an asshole.  Back on ignore you go, with another downvote.

Limp noodle dicks is just another way of describing cowards like you. While repeatedly claiming to ignore me your failed repartee attempts to my posts are faster than making instant coffee.

There are people who know you. Don't be so smug regarding your security, it has already been breached.

• Downvote 4

"glass" is in fact akaGP.  If you look him up he has 640 net downvotes under that name, so we have a long way to go.  He is a bitter little man.

I've sent him a PM under his real name, which was easy to find, and we'll take his personal threats from there.  You guys can have your J100 thread back.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, BobJ said:

"glass" is in fact akaGP.  If you look him up he has 640 net downvotes under that name, so we have a long way to go.  He is a bitter little man.

I've sent him a PM under his real name, which was easy to find, and we'll take his personal threats from there.  You guys can have your J100 thread back.

Sherlock Holmes you are not; akaGP was identified earlier in this thread.

Whatever I have to say to you will be public. Forum names of those like you who use thumbs down in an attempt to intimidate and silence opposition are also public.  I will be posting more on that subject.

Since not ever given anyone a thumbs down, it is I who holds the moral high ground.

• Downvote 4

All one has to do is copy/paste your edited results page above into Google and the unedited page comes up.  Then Google your full name and all kinds of interesting info comes up, including your address.  It took about 15 seconds.  But I found no evidence that you own a J100 so you're not only a coward and a liar, you're a poser.  Now fuck off.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BobJ said:

All one has to do is copy/paste your edited results page above into Google and the complete page comes up.  Then Google your full name and all kinds of interesting info comes up, including your address.  It took about 15 seconds.  But I found no evidence that you own a J100.  So you're both a coward and a liar.  Now fuck off.

Just because you found no evidence that I own a J/100 you conclude it must be so.

Your logic is on par with your pusillanimity, stupidity, cowardice, and mendacity.

Do not put down the shovel; keep digging deeper the hole that you are already in up to your neck.

Facts are a bitch especially when they contradict your uninformed opinions.

• Downvote 4
15 minutes ago, BobJ said:

Then prove it.

I already have the moral high ground for never giving thumbs down to anyone on this forum.

What would be your obligations when I provide proof of ownership?

How about a photo of you bending over to kiss your ass?

• Downvote 4

You won't provide any proof because you can't.

And you need to look up what "moral high ground" means.  You're so far from it, it's laughable you would even use that phrase.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, BobJ said:

You won't provide any proof because you can't.

The fact that you afraid to answer my two questions proves  beyond any doubt that you are a pusillanimous, stupid, cowardly, liar.

"What would be your obligations when I provide proof of ownership?"

and

"How about a photo of you bending over to kiss your ass?"

------------------------------

Thumbs down is an attack tool for lazy assholes who do not want to provide their reasons for disagreement because it can be successfully challenged with facts.

From: "why the thumbs down option is a fundamentally flawed idea"

"In a poisonous social media atmosphere with 'well-policed echo chambers', is it a good idea to give people the opportunity to downvote the opinions of people they disagree with"

https://www.thenationalnews.com/arts-culture/comment/dislike-why-the-thumbs-down-option-on-facebook-is-a-fundamentally-flawed-idea-1.757836

I am going to my new J/100 to do some work while the envious sour grape assholes from this thread are enjoying being abused by their hairy ass boyfriends.

• Downvote 5

BobJ, you’re arguing with aka GP.  Do all of us a favor and stop. Although a very talented sailor, he is emotionally and socially challenged. SA is some kind of dysfunctional outlet for him. Best to ignore.  

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Capo26sailor said:

BobJ, you’re arguing with aka GP.  Do all of us a favor and stop. Although a very talented sailor, he is emotionally and socially challenged. SA is some kind of dysfunctional outlet for him. Best to ignore.  

Which Capo 26 are you sailing on; MALENKAJA originally from Chicago or AIRGASM originally from Racine? Both had trailers

Great boat by one of my favorite designers Carl Schumacher. I almost purchased Malenkaja in 1990 because it had an inboard diesel.

6 hours ago, Capo26sailor said:

You got it.  I had a great day out today and came home to this mess, which none of us need except GP.

I do have to question your "very talented" comment, since the best thing he's done was in 2007 and netted him a cheap watch.  Out here we race for Rolexes.

• Like 1

On On 4/30/2021 at 10:51 PM, BobJ promised to ignore me but his posts indicates that he can't let go, much like a dingleberry tenaciously clinging to ass hairs.

I know where the 12 Citizen chronograph sailing timers were awarded to my team. Can BobJ disclose where he allegedlly won his Rolex?

• Downvote 3
20 hours ago, glass said:

On On 4/30/2021 at 10:51 PM, BobJ promised to ignore me but his posts indicates that he can't let go, much like a dingleberry tenaciously clinging to ass hairs.

I know where the 12 Citizen chronograph sailing timers were awarded to my team. Can BobJ disclose where he allegedlly won his Rolex?

Let it go George. Go play with your boat and enjoy life. 

There is a simple solution to this particular problem.  The forum gives us tools to starve the troll.

image.png.12bbfec3658b5ff86cffbcc8a4533c89.png

20 hours ago, Monkey said:

Let it go George. Go play with your boat and enjoy life. 

That is exactly what we have been doing for the last three days; stepped the mast, launched the boat, and delivered to the harbor. 2GM Yanmar diesel runs smooth and it is quiet. At 3000 rpm boat speed in flat water was 7kts.

I am impressed with build quality and am looking forward to sailing the boat. It is good to be alive !

3 hours ago, glass said:

That is exactly what we have been doing for the last three days; stepped the mast, launched the boat, and delivered to the harbor. 2GM Yanmar diesel runs smooth and it is quiet. At 3000 rpm boat speed in flat water was 7kts.

I am impressed with build quality and am looking forward to sailing the boat. It is good to be alive !

Did you get one with the factory Sprit you were seeking and did it need the Speed Shop treatment?

4 hours ago, Ismotorsport said:

Did you get one with the factory Sprit you were seeking and did it need the Speed Shop treatment?

Previous owner had International Marine Composites, Inc. purchase and install the Bow Sprit Assembly. It works great.

~$65,000 of improvements over the last 3 years make the boat look like it came out of the factory yesterday.

• Like 1
On 5/4/2021 at 10:59 AM, glass said:

Looked up race results from Portland but couldn't find anything regarding the alleged Rolex winner BobJ.

https://sailpdx.org/racing/race-results/historical-results/

Does anyone know where his race results are posted?

No one should be surprised that the two dingleberries Jackett and BobJ gave thumbs down to a question, because stupid is as stupid does.

• Downvote 3
On 5/5/2021 at 8:07 PM, glass said:

No one should be surprised that the two dingleberries Jackett and BobJ gave thumbs down to a question, because stupid is as stupid does.

It often amazes me how some posters on this forum can function inn the real world, given their apparent inability to conduct even a half civilised conversation, let alone one even vaguely related to the original post. 

And yet they must cope in the real world, which implies that their behaviour on this forum is different from that they show the real world. 

So come on Glass, tell us why you act like this on this forum, ruining an interesting topic for everyone involved? Are you bullied at work, and this is the only way you can regain some feeling of control over your life?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Jackett said:

It often amazes me how some posters on this forum can function inn the real world, given their apparent inability to conduct even a half civilised conversation, let alone one even vaguely related to the original post. 

And yet they must cope in the real world, which implies that their behaviour on this forum is different from that they show the real world. 

So come on Glass, tell us why you act like this on this forum, ruining an interesting topic for everyone involved? Are you bullied at work, and this is the only way you can regain some feeling of control over your life?

You must have been sleeping during Grammar School English language and Rhetoric classes. Without you and BobJ as foils I would not be so successful.

Been having loads of fun with my new J/100 while the sour grapes eat their hearts out.

Would either one of you care to post your race results or are are you afraid that they would expose you for the wankers that you really are?

• Downvote 3
On 5/7/2021 at 8:59 PM, glass said:

You must have been sleeping during Grammar School English language and Rhetoric classes. Without you and BobJ as foils I would not be so successful.

Been having loads of fun with my new J/100 while the sour grapes eat their hearts out.

Would any of you clowns like Bob J, Firefly-DC, and Jackett who managed to give me 57 thumbs down votes on just this topic care to post your race results or are are you afraid that they would expose you for the wankers that you really are?

• Downvote 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2021 at 1:42 AM, glass said:

I didn't bother replying, as I fail to see how my ability or lack thereof on the race course is relevant either to the topic being discussed here, or the fact that I think you need help. 

Not all of us feel that we need silver trinkets to validate ourselves. But if you must know, I was a moderately successful dinghy racer at club and regional level (Merlin Rocket and Finn). Moved to cruising when the kids were born. Sailed a lot of miles since, inc. 2 circuits of the UK, one single handed, a trip to the Azores and back, and a few round trips to the Baltic, mixture of crewed and single handed. But not much racing beyond Wednesday night friendlies on other people's boats. Happy?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Jackett said:

But not much racing beyond Wednesday night friendlies on other people's boats.

You confirm what I already I suspected; that you don't know shit from Shinola when it comes to racing a J/100.

• Downvote 3
9 hours ago, glass said:

You confirm what I already I suspected; that you don't know shit from Shinola when it comes to racing a J/100.

I never claimed I did. I merely gave you a down vote or two as you seemed determined to act a twat and ruin this thread for everyone, and you seemed to take great exception to this. Insecure?

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Jackett said:

I never claimed I did. I merely gave you a down vote or two as you seemed determined to act a twat and ruin this thread for everyone, and you seemed to take great exception to this. Insecure?

You are the lying twat who claims to have given me a "down vote or two", when in fact the real number of your down votes on this thread is 4 which is 100% to 300% more than what you claimed.

Having sailed the J/100 a few times unlike you, I now have quite a bit of knowledge to contribute to this thread.

• Downvote 3
7 minutes ago, glass said:

You are the lying twat who claims to have given me a "down vote or two", when in fact the real number of your down votes on this thread is 4 which is 100% to 300% more than what you claimed.

Having sailed the J/100 a few times unlike you, I now have quite a bit of knowledge to contribute to this thread.

Where have I said I've not sailed a J/100? Where have you contributed anything useful to this thread? I apologise for not memorizing every time I've down voted you - it's not the highlight of my life so tend not to bother committing them to memory. 

For the record, it's now 5 down votes. 

Anyway, off sailing now - a week in the West Country. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, glass said:

Please do share that knowledge.... what headstay length are you running? how is the new boat performing relative to the J/100 polars.  Was it worth the wait for a Sprit boat or would you have been just as happy sailing on non sprit J/100?  What electronics are you running?

3 hours ago, Jackett said:

Where have I said I've not sailed a J/100?

17 hours ago, glass said:

You admitted "that you don't know shit from Shinola when it comes to racing a J/100."

Have fun with your circle jerk buddies BobJ, Firefly-DC and Teener kissing each others anatomical parts.

I am having fun sailing my J/100 while you assholes are masturbating.

• Downvote 3
4 hours ago, glass said:
2 hours ago, Ismotorsport said:

Please do share that knowledge.... what headstay length are you running? how is the new boat performing relative to the J/100 polars.  Was it worth the wait for a Sprit boat or would you have been just as happy sailing on non sprit J/100?  What electronics are you running?

Having sailed the J/100 a few times, I now have quite a bit of knowledge to contribute to this thread.

• Downvote 1

Having sailed the J/100 a few times, I now have quite a bit of knowledge to contribute to this thread.

B&G instruments data is suspect; they have to be calibrated.

With Main Sail and 105%LP jib upwind in flat water GPS indicates ~7kts speed over ground in ~10 to 12kts TWS at ~40 degrees TWA.   With no hiking there is consistent weather helm with rudder angle at ~5 degrees.

With Main Sail and ~100m^2 A2.5 and A2 down wind the boat takes off at ~8 kts speed over ground with TWA ~150 degrees and neutral helm.

I think that I may get to like this boat once we have it dialed in.

Note to the usual suspect sour grapes Jackett, BobJ, Firefly-DC, and Teener: you are my puppets. Whenever I post you jump.

• Downvote 4

Nah, I post whenever I want.  I pop in here once in a while to downvote your crap because it annoys you, and that makes me happy.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, BobJ said:

Nah, I post whenever I want.  I pop in here once in a while to downvote your crap because it annoys you, and that makes me happy.

If it takes down voting my posts to make you happy Bob, than you are a very sick, totally impotent, limp spaghetti dick, sad sack who can't get it up. 

Your mendacious claim that you "pop in here once in a while" is contrary to the fact that you follow me on this thread just like a turd follows the space shuttle.

As for down votes it should be evident even to a dumb fuck like you that, since I have never bothered to use the lame thumbs up or thumbs down option, I don't give a damn.

• Downvote 2
2 hours ago, glass said:

If it takes down voting my posts to make you happy Bob, than you are a very sick, totally impotent, limp spaghetti dick, sad sack who can't get it up. 

This may be true, and may also apply to me. But if it does, what does that make you?

Bob and I just give harmless downvotes to posts that are unnecessarily rude. Whereas you are irrationally abusive to just about everyone well crosses your path, to an extent that borders on psychotic.

As for your claim that you don't care about our down votes, if that's the case, why are you getting so upset about them? Stop reacting, stop abusing people and contribute to this forum in a meaningful manner, and I for one with leave you alone.

Until then, I'm having fun baiting you with down votes. Childish I know, but you can hardly take the moral high ground when it comes to maturity. 

• Like 2

Reading comprehension George:  It's not the downvoting that makes me happy; it's annoying you that makes me happy.

In your blowhard way, you claim to be gaining some knowledge about the J/100.  I don't downvote useful stuff so let's have some of that content, instead of having to read about your pre-occupation with limp dicks and turds.

I might even suffer you with an upvote.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Jackett said:

This may be true, and may also apply to me. But if it does, what does that make you?

Bob and I just give harmless downvotes to posts that are unnecessarily rude. Whereas you are irrationally abusive to just about everyone well crosses your path, to an extent that borders on psychotic.

As for your claim that you don't care about our down votes, if that's the case, why are you getting so upset about them? Stop reacting, stop abusing people and contribute to this forum in a meaningful manner, and I for one with leave you alone.

Until then, I'm having fun baiting you with down votes. Childish I know, but you can hardly take the moral high ground when it comes to maturity. 

Stalkers are not harmless; you and Bob are a stalkers.

Regardless of your uninformed opinions I already occupy the high moral ground because unlike you I do not play childish games with up and down votes that you and your impotent circle jerk friends enjoy so much.

While you were desperately trying to get on the School Student Council, each semester I was fucking the Prom Queen.

• Downvote 2

"I already occupy the high moral ground..."

HA HA HA HA - that's rich.  So let's see, I've got a plus 110 and you've got a minus 96, and you're still digging.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, BobJ said:

"I already occupy the high moral ground..."

HA HA HA HA - that's rich.  So let's see, I've got a plus 108 and you've got a minus 93, and you're still digging.

Doing the same thing repeatedly, like awarding down votes,  while expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

You forgot to mention that you are more impotent than a eunuch in a harem with a useless limp noodle dick.

• Downvote 2
13 minutes ago, BobJ said:

There you go again - you really should get some help with those mental captivations.

How about posting  race results from your J/100 program so that we can be awed by your sailing prowess.

• Downvote 2
10 minutes ago, BobJ said:

Nah, you're just baiting me.

How about you posting something positive and helpful about the boat?  My up-vote awaits.

Take your up-vote and shove it up your ass right next to your boyfriends fingers.

How about posting your J/100 race results; that is if you ever raced it.

• Downvote 3
1 hour ago, glass said:

Stalkers are not harmless; you and Bob are a stalkers.

It's not stalking. It's a mild and friendly way to ask you to stop behaving in such a pointlessly rude and obnoxious way on a public forum. You wouldn't (I hope) behave like this at work or in a pub, so why should such behaviour be acceptable here?

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Jackett said:

It's not stalking. It's a mild and friendly way to ask you to stop behaving in such a pointlessly rude and obnoxious way on a public forum. You wouldn't (I hope) behave like this at work or in a pub, so why should such behaviour be acceptable here?

Simplest solution for those few simpletons who dislike the content of my post is not to respond. Even a simpleton should know that I and my ilk do not frequent pretentious pubs or yacht club bars, and we do not spell behavior with an affectatious "u".

Read the description of my interests that directly applies to assholes like you: "calling out pretentious bullshitters and tiresome know-all tire kickers".

Since your circle jerk wallflower girlfriend BobJ is too embarrassed to post his race result, perhaps you will post yours.

• Downvote 2
9 hours ago, glass said:

Even a simpleton should know that I and my ilk do not frequent pretentious pubs or yacht club bars, and we do not spell behavior with an affectatious "u".

Since your circle jerk wallflower girlfriend BobJ is too embarrassed to post his race result, perhaps you will post yours.

Pretentious . . . Affectatious . . . Or maybe just British?

I've already told you I gave up racing decades ago. If you're really that obsessed, I can dig the handful of trophies I won out of the box in the attic, but what does the fact I won some race series and regattas in small British inland clubs you've never heard of really tell you?

Last figure I saw indicated that over 90% of regular sailors never race. So what is with your obsession that you can't have a valid point of view unless you're a top racer?

Odd thing about your stated interests. When are you going to call yourself out?

• Like 2

I heard a presentation from either Bob or Rod and their rule of thumb was if a used boat started selling for less then 1/2 of the price of a new boat they would discontinue the model.  

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Cashelmore said:

J/100s are nice daysailers.

What’s with the obsession over upvotes and downvotes, turds, and apparently BobJ’s johnson?

Of course the J/100 are great daysailers, and all around excellent race boats.

Today I will be going to the boat with some new gear and for a quick sail if there is sufficient time.

While I am on the water, a handful of lunatics like BobJ and Jackett who suffer from the Emperor Nero's thumb down complex can stew on the hard.

• Downvote 2
3 hours ago, robalex117 said:

I heard a presentation from either Bob or Rod and their rule of thumb was if a used boat started selling for less then 1/2 of the price of a new boat they would discontinue the model.  

I have been interested in the J/100 but do not recall that the used boats in good condition ever sold "for less than 1/2 of the price of a new boat". Bob and Rod Johnstone may have pulled the plug on J/100 production prematurely.

• Downvote 1
8 hours ago, Jackett said:

Pretentious . . . Affectatious . . . Or maybe just British?

I've already told you I gave up racing decades ago. If you're really that obsessed, I can dig the handful of trophies I won out of the box in the attic, but what does the fact I won some race series and regattas in small British inland clubs you've never heard of really tell you?

Last figure I saw indicated that over 90% of regular sailors never race. So what is with your obsession that you can't have a valid point of view unless you're a top racer?

The British part explains your limp wrists and your boyfriend's fingers in your bum; not that there is anything wrong with that particular sexual orientation.

• Downvote 2
9 hours ago, Jackett said:

Not odd at all; since I have owned numerous boats and been successfully racing for almost 60 years, I am neither a tire kicker nor a poseur. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

• Downvote 2
9 hours ago, Jackett said:

Why would anyone keep trophies from a small British inland clubs won many years ago unless he had an inferiority complex.

All the trophies that were won by my program, many awarded at major regattas, were distributed amongst the crew; I did not keep any of them.

• Downvote 2
57 minutes ago, glass said:

The British part explains your limp wrists and your boyfriend's fingers in your bum; not that there is anything wrong with that particular sexual orientation.

You do realise that accusations of being gay haven't been considered insulting for at least the last couple of decades? Move with the times. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, glass said:

Not odd at all; since I have owned numerous boats and been successfully racing for almost 60 years, I am neither a tire kicker nor a poseur. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

And I've sailed, raced (on and off), owned boats and undertaken significant ocean passages since I was 5 five. Your point being?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, glass said:

Why would anyone keep trophies from a small British inland clubs won many years ago unless he had an inferiority complex.

All the trophies that were won by my program, many awarded at major regattas, were distributed amongst the crew; I did not keep any of them.

Good for you. I assume your crew immediately threw then in the bin, or did they all have inferiority complexes as well?

I enjoyed my sailing and racing, so kept the trophies from a few of the more memorable occasions as mementos. I also have photos from my childhood, a couple of ornaments that belonged to my grandparents and my old school tie. I imagined most people who've enjoyed their life will have similar mementos. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Jackett said:

You do realise that accusations of being gay haven't been considered insulting for at least the last couple of decades? Move with the times. 

I never had problems with those who are openly gay, but you are a Closet Queen which is a  different animal.

• Downvote 2
1 minute ago, glass said:

I never had problems with those who are openly gay, but you are a Closet Queen which is a  different animal.

Yawn. Is that the best you can do?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Jackett said:

Yawn. Is that the best you can do?

How is this, Mrs. John Wayne?

• Downvote 2
On 5/7/2021 at 8:59 PM, glass said:

Would either one of you BobJ and Jackett care to post your race results or are are you afraid that they would expose you for the wankers that you really are?

• Downvote 2
15 hours ago, glass said:

I must offer you my most sincere apologies. I was of the belief that one didn't need to be a top racing skipper to be able to comment on the fact that you are a total and utter arse. I realise now that I am wrong. Only top racers have the ability to make an informed decision about anything, and mere casual sailors like myself should bow to their superiority in all matters.  I now realise that membership of this forum should be limited to those who have won at least 3 major regattas. I will write to Scot immediately, asking that he implements this policy straight away, and removes my access to the forum, and that of all who merely sail for fun. We already do a good job of scaring off any women who may care to participate with our Neanderthal 'show us your tits'. Let's complete the job by removing all but the top echelons of the racing community. 

In fact, I now realise even this isn't enough. Company executives and anyone holding a political post should be limited to those with at least 5 regatta wins under their belt. And Glass made President. Not just of America, as that would be denying the rest of the world the benefits of his skills and charm. Glass for President of the World! Heil Glass!

• Like 2

I wouldn't call a local PHRF series in 2007 a major regatta but in his mind it is, hence the "THIS IS ME!" post above.  That's the best he's got or believe me, he would have told us about it.  Repeatedly.  In CAPS.  By trying to convince us he's Dennis Conner, he's really trying to convince himself.  It's a pity to build your whole self esteem around winning a wrist watch in PHRF.

Responding to his "show me your results" demands would only lead to his protracted picking at the legitimacy of our responses.  I'm not taking that bait.  The type of racing I do and where I have to do it would utterly bury his meager efforts, but what's the point of getting suckered into a pissing contest?

Can we get back to the J/100?  I compare its possible resurgence to when they discovered the J/125's true worth was in off-the-wind sprints down the West Coast and to Hawaii.  I wouldn't take a J/100 offshore (although one raced a TransPac years ago), but we had three J/100s just race each other in a local double-handed race.  I think this could be their forte.  With ratings of 66-81 (welcome to our world) they were stuck into a fleet of ultralights and didn't do that well, despite one being raced by a well-known pro.  But it will be interesting to see if they keep racing together in these shorthanded series.  Otherwise I agree with the comment above that it's a nice daysailer.  For "all around excellent race boats" there are better choices.

Maybe George agrees - now he's over poisoning the J9 thread.

• Like 1

I always thought the 100 was a pretty boat but anyone who ever tried racing one in the UK under IRC got destroyed. Rates the same as a J109 with a non overlapper and slower on pretty much every point of sail. I think some of it is partly because the ones that are getting raced aren’t optimised. Rolled antifouled bottoms, Furling headsail and asymmetrics tacked at the bow wouldn’t be as competitive as a hard racing bottom, jib on a tuff luff and a symmetric kite for the racing round here

• Like 1
5 hours ago, BobJ said:

I wouldn't call a local PHRF series in 2007 a major regatta but in his mind it is, hence the "THIS IS ME!" post above.  That's the best he's got or believe me, he would have told us about it.  Repeatedly.  In CAPS. 

Like a fish taking a shiny hook, you and a handful of mindless assholes have already been suckered into responding to each of my posts on this thread with thumb down votes.

As for my race results in major regattas like the ones below ...

1st place finish in 1999 Chicago Nood Regatta.

2nd place finish in 2010 Chicago Nood Regatta.

1st place finish in 2016 Chicago NoodRegatta.

1st place finish in 2018 Chicago Nood Regatta.

...they are readily available to the public.

From 2016 Chicago Nood Regatta SAILING WORLD article:

"When the day's only race got underway for the regatta's PHRF competitors, Cayuse was perhaps the best prepared. They were first to the racecourse to practice in the morning's northerly breeze, and sailed for more than an hour before the wind died. After subtly cajoling the race committee into starting a race by sailing upwind and setting their spinnaker (dropping it as they rounded the transom of the race committee boat to make their point), they were more than ready to race."

Either post your major regatta race results or show us your saggy closet queen tits, you pathetic English punter.

• Downvote 3

Nope, sorry - I don't feed trolls.

And who said anything about being from the UK?  That's one of the other guys you've been attacking.  Try to keep up George.

22 minutes ago, BobJ said:

Nope, sorry - I don't feed trolls.

You are the chief troll on this thread whose avoidance to provide any race results is a failed attempt to coverup the fact that you are an impotent eunuch.

• Downvote 3
2 hours ago, JL92S said:

I always thought the 100 was a pretty boat but anyone who ever tried racing one in the UK under IRC got destroyed. Rates the same as a J109 with a non overlapper and slower on pretty much every point of sail. I think some of it is partly because the ones that are getting raced aren’t optimised. Rolled antifouled bottoms, Furling headsail and asymmetrics tacked at the bow wouldn’t be as competitive as a hard racing bottom, jib on a tuff luff and a symmetric kite for the racing round here.

It may be difficult to overcome the 12 second PHRF penalty but we will certainly give it our best shot.

On 5/27/2021 at 4:40 PM, glass said:

Like a fish taking a shiny hook, you and a handful of mindless assholes have already been suckered into responding to each of my posts on this thread with thumb down votes.

As for my race results in major regattas like the ones below ...

1st place finish in 1999 Chicago Nood Regatta.

2nd place finish in 2010 Chicago Nood Regatta.

1st place finish in 2016 Chicago NoodRegatta.

1st place finish in 2018 Chicago Nood Regatta.

...they are readily available to the public.

From 2016 Chicago Nood Regatta SAILING WORLD article:

"When the day's only race got underway for the regatta's PHRF competitors, Cayuse was perhaps the best prepared. They were first to the racecourse to practice in the morning's northerly breeze, and sailed for more than an hour before the wind died. After subtly cajoling the race committee into starting a race by sailing upwind and setting their spinnaker (dropping it as they rounded the transom of the race committee boat to make their point), they were more than ready to race."

Either post your major regatta race results or show us your saggy closet queen tits, you pathetic English punter.

When it comes to sailboat racing, a handful of losers on this thread like BobJ haven't learned to be humble in defeat, and never having won anything of significance they also haven't learned how to be gracious in victory; otherwise they would have been recognized by their peers in a manner much like the one below.

J/105 CLASS ASSOCIATION  -  FLEET 5, LAKE MICHIGAN

In Recognition of Significant Contribution To Fleet 5 and LMSRF Area III

Patience, Persistence and Perseverance only begin to describe the attributes of this proactive mover and shaker within the community of Chicagoland sailors. A counselor, coach, coaxer but no cajoler, you are exceptional in your dedication to bettering the amateur sport of sailing.

Race Committee managers seek your opinions. Peers follow you around the race course seeking clues to replicating your successes Obstructionists and keepers-of-the-status quo quiver in your presence. At the end of the day everyone benefits from your involvement and the sincerity of your thoughtful considerations.

Sustaining a broad base of admirers and close friends all the while doing battle in meeting after meeting and while sailing aggressively on the water are reflective of your unique qualities and testimony to your integrity and personal values. This evening your colleagues, friends, and admirers recognize and honor your many talents and contributions to our Fleet and Area III.

george petkovic

Is hereby awarded this certificate

On this 8th day of February 2003

34 minutes ago, Snowden said:

What happened in the 18 intervening years to make you so bitter, confrontational and unpleasant?

Your question would  be better if addressed to your Government of UK that has oppressed millions of people during the last 800+ years.

• Downvote 3

...which has nothing to do with Snowden's question.  You being a dick on here is because the government of the UK oppressed you?  Really?

Back to the issue:  If you were such a great guy 18 years ago, what happened?  Your current "results" are a -135 (and another -640 as akaGP) to Snowden's +344.  By Elvstrom's oft-quoted standard, what you used to be able to do on the water doesn't mean anything.

As to your suggestions about me, you're just fishing and I'm not taking the bait.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, BobJ said:

Back to the issue:  If you were such a great guy 18 years ago, what happened?  Your current "results" are a -135 (and another -640 as akaGP)

It is clear that as an accountant you enjoy tallying up and down votes much more than racing sailboats.

As for me, I am the same person that I have always been as an adult who never cared about popularity votes. As stated previously, while you were trying to get elected to the Student Council, I was boinking the Prom Queens.

During the last >50 years I have successfully raced sailboats in USA, Canada, Mexico, Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.

I've competed in Block Island Race Week, Charleston Race Week, Miami Race Week, Key West Race Week, various SORC multiple week events, and NOOD Regattas in San Diego, St. Petersburg, and Chicago.

I competed in the Marina Del Ray to Puerto Vallarta Race, Puerto Vallarta to Acapulco Race, and numerous MEXORC Regattas; once with Dennis Conner on his N/M41 RELIANCE.

I competed in various National and North American One Design Championships.

I represented U S SAILING Area K at two Lloyd Phoenix Regattas in Long Beach.

At this point I am getting my J/100 ready for racing so that I will be able to contribute constructive comments based on what I learned on the water.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

You know what George?  That's an impressive sailing resume.  I'll give you an upvote for that.

Good luck with the J/100, and with hopefully bringing your online persona in line with your on-the-water persona.

• 2 weeks later...

I always thought the 100 was a pretty boat but anyone who ever tried racing one in the UK under IRC got destroyed. Rates the same as a J109 with a non overlapper and slower on pretty much every point of sail. I think some of it is partly because the ones that are getting raced aren’t optimised. Rolled antifouled bottoms, Furling headsail and asymmetrics tacked at the bow wouldn’t be as competitive as a hard racing bottom, jib on a tuff luff and a symmetric kite for the racing round here"

According to ORR the 100 is only faster than a 109 offwind, and that is with a 5' sprit and a 155% genoa. The 109 owes 100 6-20/mile depending on course. On purely offwind (SoCal offshore) they are dead even. That all seems in the right ballpark all medium air. Don't know what IRC is getting wrong.

10 hours ago, Blackadder said:
According to ORR the 100 is only faster than a 109 offwind, and that is with a 5' sprit and a 155% genoa. The 109 owes 100 6-20/mile depending on course. On purely offwind (SoCal offshore) they are dead even. That all seems in the right ballpark all medium air. Don't know what IRC is getting wrong.

I suspect it's a combination of weight and the mysterious "hull factor". It's no secret that IRC is designed to favour relatively conservative, heavy boats, with cruising features, particularly in the 30'-35' size range. The 109 weighs almost two tons more than the 100 & looks more like a cruising boat inside with a big table, more bulkheads & doors etc.

Some pics finally came out of the J/9. Interesting to see how it compares to the J/100. pics from dealer site.

3.jpg4.jpg

5.jpg6.jpg

7.jpgNew JBoats J/9

New JBoats J/9