NMEA 2000 To Wifi

Hey All,

I've been out of the electronics sand box for a while and am setting up a new system on a small boat.    Looking for reviews on NMEA 2000 to WIFI and the best iPad apps for data display.

I had one of these for nmea 0183 10 years ago and they seemed to be fine then, so I assume they are decent now?

https://www.hodgesmarine.com/dgyzdigwln10sm-digital-yacht-wln10-smart-nmea-to-wifi-converter.html?gclid=CjwKCAiA_9r_BRBZEiwAHZ_v1xmdXhGgx8qpT6yZJ_7Szb8RintNkJHF2fJXIHqjl3TU3ziMluvwrRoCK3cQAvD_BwE

I'd love the idea of bluetooth over wifi for lower power draw but that doesn't seem to be a thing, other than a device from Calypso, which i THINK just allows an sensor to talk over bluetooth?

Apps I've used that still seem pretty good - Mid Wifi and iRegatta PRo.

Any thoughts on the standard/great solutions would be appreciated!

Nige

Have the digital yacht bullet, works fine.  Probably the best route is a Vesper AIS.  Works as a n2k wifi hub does all the other AIS and cooks eggs.  Haven't used the bullet so nice upgrade to AIS.  It is a handy tool for trouble shooting though as it will display raw n2k data.

I use the Yacht Devices YDWG-02.  I think that is a good buy, the Vesper AIS with WiFi costs more than this device and a cheaper AIS transmitter.

It's annoying that this functionality isn't built into plotters.  It would be trivial for Raymarine, Garmin, and B&G to add it in all of their current plotters.  I think B&G has it in some.

I have the YDWG-02 as well.  Works well, easy setup.    nmea 2000 capable wifi with it's own customizable data readouts.  So you can look at readouts on iPad as soon as you have it setup in the network.  

6 hours ago, Alex W said:

It's annoying that this functionality isn't built into plotters.  It would be trivial for Raymarine, Garmin, and B&G to add it in all of their current plotters.  I think B&G has it in some.

The B&G Zeus3 can bridge to WiFi. Don't know about the others. 

Thanks guys, we already have AIS and a Zeus 2 plotter so will go with the Digital yacht bullet.   Any great apps outside iRegatta and Mid Wifi?

thx!

I like SeaIQ.  It's pretty great for $5 and gives you nicely tiled NOAA charts along with showing AIS and all of your NMEA data.