Jump to content

Recommended Posts

CNN is reporting that Barnett has been arrested.  His car was searched outside of the capitol.  It was found to contain an M-4 rifle, two hand guns, eleven Molotov cocktails and materials to make napalm.

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 10.52.39 AM.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

CNN is reporting that Barnett has been arrested.  His car was searched outside of the capitol.  It was found to contain an M-4 rifle, two hand guns, eleven Molotov cocktails and materials to make napalm.

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 10.52.39 AM.jpg

Barnetts been charged for his activities at the capitol.

A second person has been charged in alabama for pipe bombs,  arms / cocktails etc in vehiclr......

Breaking news so details are changing. 

 

 

 
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank god Antifa and BLM stood down...  These dipshits did not have an enemy to shoot at so they went to plan B.  Would have been a blood bath if ether of those groups showed up, but then again, the MIL presence would have been much higher if there were anti protesters, so maybe it would have been no worse than the previous gatherings.  We will never know.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

I think you're correct.

I saw a reference to hand guns and cable ties in the hands of the freedom fighters

That suggests hostages

Add the inaction of trumps weird pentagon placement men including nunes boy

Follow that with flynns idea for martial law

then new elections under repub voter suppression rules at some time in the future

This looks like a plan and a conspiracy

d

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Where you stand depends on where you sit.  Bragging and posting on social media is just priceless.  Somebody is going to be sitting in prison for quite a while.

I think a lot of judges will be in 'let's teach these assholes a lesson' mode when sentencing happens. The only good thing about all this is that this attempted coup/insurrection/ revolution/civil war/whatever were as incompetent as their Dear Leader.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dfw_sailor said:

Barnetts been charged for his activities at the capitol.

A second person has been charged in alabama for pipe bombs,  arms / cocktails etc in vehiclr......

Breaking news so details are changing. 

 

 

 

A resident of Alabama was also charged in connection with the pipe bomb found on the south side of the Capitol building. Eleven Molotov cocktails and military-style weapon were found in his pickup truck, officials said.

Officials say man seen in viral photograph at Nancy Pelosi's desk arrested

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Richard Barnett

By Pete Williams and Erik Ortiz 

WASHINGTON — A man photographed casually sitting with his foot on a desk in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office at the U.S. Capitol while a pro-Trump mob rampaged the halls of Congress was arrested Friday, law enforcement officials said. 

Richard Barnett, 60, of Gravette, Arkansas, was taken into custody in his home state on charges of entering and remaining on restricted grounds, violent entry and theft of public property, according to a Department of Justice official. Further details were not immediately available. 

Apparent images of Barnett were splashed across social media as the deadly mayhem unfolded in the nation's capital on Wednesday, just as Democratic and Republican lawmakers convened to count the Electoral College votes. Members of Congress condemned the violence and rioting, which was preceded by a rally led by President Donald Trump who told his supporters to swarm the Capitol in defiance of the election results. 

A New York Times reporter tweeted that he spoke with Barnett after his stunt in Pelosi's office. In a video, he boasts that he took a personalized envelope, but insisted he didn't steal it. 

 

charged with entering and remaining on restricting grounds, violent entry, and theft of public property -- NBC's Pete Williams reports. 

 

What happened to sedition or domestic terrorism?

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

I think merca has just had a very narrow escape

D

 

True but the next time their/our luck might run out.  Somewhere there are Trumpaloos or just your regular right wing crazies analyzing what went wrong on Wed and plotting on how to do it better next time. A softer target, like a state Capitol or state supreme court, or governor’s office perhaps?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:
55 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

I think merca has just had a very narrow escape

D

 

True but the next time their/our luck might run out.  Somewhere there are Trumpaloos or just your regular right wing crazies analyzing what went wrong on Wed and plotting on how to do it better next time. A softer target, like a state Capitol or state supreme court, or governor’s office perhaps?

I agree that we had a narrow escape.

This is not an original plan, it's been done many times in history: march a gang of thugs with personal loyalty to a Boss Thug into the country's governing body, commit a few acts of violence to demonstrate that you're serious, then demand they vote your Boss Thug into power.

Yeah it has no Constitutional standing. In the wake of a successful plot, especially with similar mobs smashing their way into any Democratic-controlled state houses and major cities mayors' offices around the country, who is going to take Boss Thug to court over it?

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shaggy said:

Thank god Antifa and BLM stood down...  These dipshits did not have an enemy to shoot at so they went to plan B.  Would have been a blood bath if ether of those groups showed up, but then again, the MIL presence would have been much higher if there were anti protesters, so maybe it would have been no worse than the previous gatherings.  We will never know.  

I’m frustrated by Antifa’s lack of presence sometimes in the face of Fascists run amok but at the same time proud of the way they show restraint.  Their mistake was in thinking law enforcement would do their job and that Trump would authorize the NG in a timely basis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

I think a lot of judges will be in 'let's teach these assholes a lesson' mode when sentencing happens. The only good thing about all this is that this attempted coup/insurrection/ revolution/civil war/whatever were as incompetent as their Dear Leader.

And it shows how desperately inadequate our laws are at the highest level.  Shone a lite on the obvious stuff that was bubbling just under the surface.  Hopefully this exposed some weaknesses in our democracy and we can start on the path to fixing them so this Cannot happen again.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

I assume a few of the proud boys will mount a few unpleasantnesses for inauguration

D

 

This, combined with the "lessons learned" post.  Security better be pretty tight.  I think Biden is planning a pretty low keyed event which will help.  Hmmm....maybe Trump knows something and that is why he won't be there?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

They are coming to avenge their martyr.  They're already announcing it. 

Law enforcement, National Guard, etc. will not be underprepared or under equipped this time.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bridhb said:
6 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

I assume a few of the proud boys will mount a few unpleasantnesses for inauguration

D

 

This, combined with the "lessons learned" post.  Security better be pretty tight.  I think Biden is planning a pretty low keyed event which will help.  Hmmm....maybe Trump knows something and that is why he won't be there?

I'd suggest a multi layer approach to security. An inner layer of multiple capabilty that is truly impenetrable, combined with a HUMINT effort to screen who gets inside the inner circle. Trump loyalists allowed in (well, some), but placed between two Spec Forces guys.

Then a conventional "outer skin" of barriers and cops in riot gear.

Then another outer layer of flying squads akin to Gen. Sherman's marchers, hidden until the fun starts. Their mission is to move in behind Trumpalo rioters and pin them against the other two layers, immobilize and put them in cuffs, then move on. to the next. Depending on how serious the trouble is, and result of briefing, take 'em to jail or just let them spend a really uncomfortable night sleeping in hand/anklecuffs on the sidewalks of DC then let 'em go.

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Law enforcement, National Guard, etc. will not be underprepared or under equipped this time.  

New guys/gals running the show by then...  Also, SS transfers to biden at some point, so I assume they will be doing a full sweep prior this time.  The kids will have left the building...  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Law enforcement, National Guard, etc. will not be underprepared or under equipped this time.  

They cannot protect everywhere at the same time

Lots and lots of targets .... infrastructure, transport, utilities, the web, TV stations, places of non Christian worship

The UK learned that with the Irish nationalists who bombed and assassinated their way into a power sharing deal

I was was

Living and working in central London at the time ....

D

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BrickTopHarry said:

Trump was never going to be there anyway, are you kidding me?  It's impossible for me to even imagine him sitting there for an hour or more watching the guy who beat him get inaugurated.

trump, and pence should be on display, on the capital steps, just below the swearing in of Biden, in cuffs, and chains.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually since these idiots telegraph their plans on social media, just paying a little attention will find most of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, dylan winter said:
38 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Law enforcement, National Guard, etc. will not be underprepared or under equipped this time.  

They cannot protect everywhere at the same time

Lots and lots of targets .... infrastructure, transport, utilities, the web, TV stations, places of non Christian worship

The UK learned that with the Irish nationalists who bombed and assassinated their way into a power sharing deal

I was was

Living and working in central London at the time ....

True and it puts a different perspective on things. Trump should be relatively easy to find and is the key figure. Let's say he flees the US and goes into hiding, while trying to encourage a continued campaign of violence within the US.

We still have the mastermind who put an end to the last guy who did that. He's said he doesn't want to come back to work, but he might, just for this.

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

True and it puts a different perspective on things. Trump should be relatively easy to find and is the key figure. Let's say he flees the US and goes into hiding, while trying to encourage a continued campaign of violence within the US.

We still have the mastermind who put an end to the last guy who did that. He's said he doesn't want to come back to work, but he might, just for this.

- DSK

A gold-plated cave would be easy to find.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

True and it puts a different perspective on things. Trump should be relatively easy to find and is the key figure. Let's say he flees the US and goes into hiding, while trying to encourage a continued campaign of violence within the US.

We still have the mastermind who put an end to the last guy who did that. He's said he doesn't want to come back to work, but he might, just for this.

- DSK

Austin Powers?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lonnie Coffman has been arrested and charged with possession of destructive devices and carrying an unlicensed gun ... but that doesn't tell the half of it.

According to legal docs -- obtained by TMZ -- Coffman approached cops and told them he was trying to get to his vehicle -- a red pickup -- the same suspicious vehicle they had received calls about.

Cops say he asked them if they found the bombs, and upon searching his truck ... they found 11 mason jars containing an unknown liquid with a golf tee in the top of each jar, cloth rags and lighters. AKA -- Molotov cocktails.

They also discovered one M4 Carbine assault rifle with rifle magazines loaded with ammunition ... and a black handgun on the front passenger seat. Cops say he also had 2 guns in his pockets when he was detained.

According to the docs ... while questioning him, he told them the mason jars contained "melted Styrofoam and gasoline." ATF officers say this mixture has the effect of napalm.

Coffman's been arrested, and cops say -- based on security footage -- he was seen leaving the vehicle parked near the Capitol building on Wednesday morning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

They are coming to avenge their martyr.  They're already announcing it. 

This is a time where I can support the use of facial recognition technology.  After all it appears to be most accurate when applied to white males.  Pick 'em off when they step out of their cars on a stop and frisk.  Yeah, extra-legal, but then so are they.

Or to quote the bard:  "To live outside the law, you must be honest."

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shaggy said:

New guys/gals running the show by then...  Also, SS transfers to biden at some point, so I assume they will be doing a full sweep prior this time.  The kids will have left the building...  

Biden has been under SS protection since his nomination, and full coverage since the election.  Now they kick it up another notch and have removed several of the SS agents who stank too much of mushroom sauce and mango juice.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

I think a lot of judges will be in 'let's teach these assholes a lesson' mode when sentencing happens. The only good thing about all this is that this attempted coup/insurrection/ revolution/civil war/whatever were as incompetent as their Dear Leader.

Even Forrest Gump knows that stupid is as stupid does.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

I'd suggest a multi layer approach to security. An inner layer of multiple capabilty that is truly impenetrable, combined with a HUMINT effort to screen who gets inside the inner circle. Trump loyalists allowed in (well, some), but placed between two Spec Forces guys.

Then a conventional "outer skin" of barriers and cops in riot gear.

Then another outer layer of flying squads akin to Gen. Sherman's marchers, hidden until the fun starts. Their mission is to move in behind Trumpalo rioters and pin them against the other two layers, immobilize and put them in cuffs, then move on. to the next. Depending on how serious the trouble is, and result of briefing, take 'em to jail or just let them spend a really uncomfortable night sleeping in hand/anklecuffs on the sidewalks of DC then let 'em go.

- DSK

Tragic that what has historically been a solemn but joyful event has come to this.

If Biden gets inaugurated like that. They've won. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

It's not over yet. There's thousands of Barnetts.

I fear for the 20th.

And apparently the 17th, the morons are planning 2A support rallies in Washington and all state capitals. That should go well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They are too chicken to even try on the 17th or 20th. They are going to watch all their buddies get arrested, lose their jobs, and otherwise go down the tubes, and have second thoughts. Plus security will now be very tight, especially when anyone with a Q t-shirt or a tRump flag turns up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Tragic that what has historically been a solemn but joyful event has come to this.

If Biden gets inaugurated like that. They've won. 

These people want to fight to destroy my America. I've lost patience with them.

Reason with the ones who seem slightly open to reason, encircle and kill the ones who want to fight. They asked for it and so giving it to them is only simple justice.

The bargain of living in a cooperative society, where you eat food another man has grown and live in a house another man has built, is the you contribute like value for others AND cooperate in the orderly functioning of that socio-economic system. They've broken that bargain and I am no longer willing to share my socio-economic system with them.

- DSK

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Tragic that what has historically been a solemn but joyful event has come to this.

If Biden gets inaugurated like that. They've won. 

No.   If they keep Biden from being inaugurated by ending the republic they will win.   Anything else is at least a partial defeat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

These people want to fight to destroy my America. I've lost patience with them.

Reason with the ones who seem slightly open to reason, encircle and kill the ones who want to fight. They asked for it and so giving it to them is only simple justice.

The bargain of living in a cooperative society, where you eat food another man has grown and live in a house another man has built, is the you contribute like value for others AND cooperate in the orderly functioning of that socio-economic system. They've broken that bargain and I am no longer willing to share my socio-economic system with them.

- DSK

Fuckin' A

In the 60's it was no problem to shoot black protesters who were burning down their own buildings - why should these scum walk away from trying to destroy the country?

Link to post
Share on other sites

 News this morning is saying that Richard Barnett turned himself in.

If so, that's a good sign. I am serious about continuing to hold a hand out to those Trumpublicans who want to redeem themselves, and Republicans who can at least acknowledge some degree of truth and loyalty to the country

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2021 at 1:06 PM, Steam Flyer said:

I'd suggest a multi layer approach to security. An inner layer of multiple capabilty that is truly impenetrable, combined with a HUMINT effort to screen who gets inside the inner circle. Trump loyalists allowed in (well, some), but placed between two Spec Forces guys.

Then a conventional "outer skin" of barriers and cops in riot gear.

Then another outer layer of flying squads akin to Gen. Sherman's marchers, hidden until the fun starts. Their mission is to move in behind Trumpalo rioters and pin them against the other two layers, immobilize and put them in cuffs, then move on. to the next. Depending on how serious the trouble is, and result of briefing, take 'em to jail or just let them spend a really uncomfortable night sleeping in hand/anklecuffs on the sidewalks of DC then let 'em go.

- DSK

Most riot responses are prioritized with control over capture. But with this much advance notice, and a preview of what these people are capable of, the surround and capture strategy you mention sounds interesting.

You've got nutcases from all over the country who will be there.  And the hardcore ones, the real crazies, will be in the front.  With enough resources, law enforcement could quite literally reduce the numbers of these groups nationally, by capturing many of them in at this one event.  And if thing really go off the rails, killing some of them.  This event is not just a risk.  It is an opportunity.  And maybe the last one of it's kind in the next 4 years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...