Good Luck Getting Parler, Bullshitters.

1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

Facebook, Apple, Twitter, Google, and Amazon have all decided that it will be unprofitable to include Parler in their business.

Why should government force private companies to do business with those they don't want to?

Freedom. Capitalism.

You clearly don't understand, or believe in, either of them

- DSK

Why should government allow businesses to collude to destroy another business?

• Like 1
  • Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree with you on what Parler was doing, and would not have any problem with the CEOs of all the companies jumping on Zoom to talk about what a dangerous platform Parler was. I just don't see any po

BLM is not the other side of MAGA/Trumpers. BLM is a movement to raise awareness of systemic racism. They may be less hostile to Dems since Dems are willing to listen to them, but they are not a polit

Collusion isn't a crime.

Posted Images

Apple served a case and desist already for publishers claiming “collusion” regarding action against Parler. Knowing their law firms ima guess there was a specific focus by the players to not do anything that would resemble collusion. 

“but they did it at the same time!!!!”

crazy, right? There can’t be any other reason these companies would turn on parler at the same time!!

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Dog said:

You mean like inciting their employees to bust down the doors of that other business, kill a couple of guards, threaten to hang their Vice CEO?

- DSK

3 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

You mean like inciting their employees to bust down the doors of that other business, kill a couple of guards, threaten to hang their Vice CEO?

- DSK

Exactly, being involved in a criminal enterprise is cause to refuse service. 

29 minutes ago, Dog said:

You mean like how gas and oil subsidies are used to stifle competition from renewables?  The government allows this all the fucking time and is even the instigator in much of it.  

27 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

crazy, right? There can’t be any other reason these companies would turn on parler at the same time!!

Yeah.  It's not like there was a seminal event which made obvious the clear and present danger presented by giving these nutjobs a forum for plotting to overthrow a government and murder people with whom they do not agree.

Check it out, bullshitters. Cumulus Media bars its talent from bullshitting about the 2020 election with conspiracy theories. Perhaps some folks are recognizing that blame for last Wednesday's insurrection at the Capitol spreads to bullshitters far and wide.  Who could have predicted that? 

Free markets, free people, right nannygoat? 

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/533616-talk-radio-company-orders-hosts-to-stop-suggesting-election-was-stolen-from

If you think Parler is the threat here you've got your partisan blinkers on.

"With virtual unanimity, leading U.S. liberals celebrated this use of Silicon Valley monopoly power to shut down Parler, just as they overwhelmingly cheered the prior two extraordinary assertions of tech power to control U.S. political discourse: censorship of The New York Post’s reporting on the contents of Hunter Biden’s laptop, and the banning of the U.S. President from major platforms. Indeed, one would be hard-pressed to find a single national liberal-left politician even expressing concerns about any of this, let alone opposing it.

Not only did leading left-wing politicians not object but some of them were the ones who pleaded with Silicon Valley to use their power this way. After the internet-policing site Sleeping Giants flagged several Parler posts that called for violence, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez asked: “What are @Apple and @GooglePlay doing about this?” Once Apple responded by removing Parler from its App Store — a move that House Democrats just three months earlier warned was dangerous anti-trust behavior — she praised Apple and then demanded to know: “Good to see this development from @Apple. @GooglePlay what are you going to do about apps being used to organize violence on your platform?”.....

Glen Greenwald

How Silicon Valley, in a Show of Monopolistic Force, Destroyed Parler - Glenn Greenwald (substack.com)

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

"With virtual unanimity, leading U.S. liberals celebrated this use of Silicon Valley monopoly power to shut down Parler, just as they overwhelmingly cheered the prior two extraordinary assertions of tech power to control U.S. political discourse: censorship of The New York Post’s reporting on the contents of Hunter Biden’s laptop, and the banning of the U.S. President from major platforms. Indeed, one would be hard-pressed to find a single national liberal-left politician even expressing concerns about any of this, let alone opposing it.

Not only did leading left-wing politicians not object but some of them were the ones who pleaded with Silicon Valley to use their power this way. After the internet-policing site Sleeping Giants flagged several Parler posts that called for violence, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez asked: “What are @Apple and @GooglePlay doing about this?” Once Apple responded by removing Parler from its App Store — a move that House Democrats just three months earlier warned was dangerous anti-trust behavior — she praised Apple and then demanded to know: “Good to see this development from @Apple. @GooglePlay what are you going to do about apps being used to organize violence on your platform?”.....

Glen Greenwald

How Silicon Valley, in a Show of Monopolistic Force, Destroyed Parler - Glenn Greenwald (substack.com)

It couldn't be due to the fact that much of the story about Hunter's laptop was bullshit, could it?

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

It couldn't be due to the fact that much of the story about Hunter's laptop was bullshit, could it?

Wait a minute.  Hunter Biden had a laptop?  Holy shit, I am sure glad I didn't vote for him. He prolly used email too!

5 minutes ago, Dog said:

Glen Greenwald

Parler IS a threat.  If they believe so much in their platform I’m sure they can find like minded tech companies to host their site.  I’m amazed at how many right wingers are suddenly anti-capitalism.

9 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

No....The story was suppressed because it threatened their investment in Joe Biden and the Democratic party.

3 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

Parler IS a threat.  If they believe so much in their platform I’m sure they can find like minded tech companies to host their site.  I’m amazed at how many right wingers are suddenly anti-capitalism.

I agree, lets get rid of parler and any other organisation that is not pc enough or left wing . We know that truth and light is only ever published by the msm and left wing organisations..  Now where is my copy of 1984. I have no issue in the left having a platform. I also respect the rights of private companies to post what they like and ban who they like. It is not a good thing though and monopolies are dangerous to both you and me. You most probably wish to choose what sort of information I can look up as you know what's good for me. Reminds me of McCarthyism but you wont get that. Love the "fact checking" now on face book. Some words even Orwell did not think to use in that.

21 hours ago, LenP said:

You are correct on the problems with an entirely decentralized social network. I was thinking to use a DAPP to handle auth/identity and then to use a hybrid approach of P2P and multi cloud for content.

... [snip]

Thanks, and your ideas sound promising!

File under future business plan and just let's not give the loonies funny ideas. :)

(Psssst, how do we work around the fact that most mobiles are off most of the time and even if on as in actively used, services and apps running in the background are strictly limited? Real problem for the current breed of corona apps!)

Cheers

6 minutes ago, dullers said:

I agree, lets get rid of parler and any other organisation that is not pc enough or left wing . We know that truth and light is only ever published by the msm and left wing organisations..  Now where is my copy of 1984. I have no issue in the left having a platform. I also respect the rights of private companies to post what they like and ban who they like. It is not a good thing though and monopolies are dangerous to both you and me. You most probably wish to choose what sort of information I can look up as you know what's good for me. Reminds me of McCarthyism but you wont get that. Love the "fact checking" now on face book. Some words even Orwell did not think to use in that.

Your signature line is right on the money.

19 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

It is up to people to decide what is true and not true. Not your warped sense of discernment or "fact checkers". Are You now the dispenser of truth or should it be up to the individual to decide what is true?

3 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Your signature line is right on the money.

Lots of pretentious signature lines out there. I would not if i were you base your life on it....

18 minutes ago, Dog said:

No....The story was suppressed because it threatened their investment in Joe Biden and the Democratic party.

Yeah, like the cries of massive voter fraud that are not supported by evidence - go with that.

Hint - It's not enough to WANT it to be true.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, dullers said:

B7g9RZ4.jpg

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, dullers said:

Bunch of new commies all over the place all of a sudden-like.

FOX is full-on going with the Parler story.  End of America as we know it.

Imagine that.  The network that blasted 4 dead in Benghazi for months on end.

2 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

B7g9RZ4.jpg

Like most British kids from the 60s and 70s we had to study 1984 and Animal Farm.  I did not understand the true genius of those books until i became politically aware in my 30s and 40s.

34 minutes ago, Dog said:

Gee, all they had to do was publish the evidence on-line for all to see.  Just like Trump needed to put the evidence of voter fraud in front of the judges in the lawsuits.  I wonder why they didn't do that?

3 hours ago, Dog said:

You're starting your question with an assumption that they did collude.

It's like saying "Do you still beat your wife?"

26 minutes ago, dullers said:

It is up to people to decide what is true and not true. Not your warped sense of discernment or "fact checkers". Are You now the dispenser of truth or should it be up to the individual to decide what is true?

Facts are mutable?  Who knew?  Does this mean, say, if you are Republican, you can decide that 3 = 4 and be correct?

In other good news, Gab.com is down for maintenance.  Having all the Parler users jumping over to their platform took them out.  That will make it a bit harder to organize the rebellion.  

16 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

Facts are mutable?  Who knew?  Does this mean, say, if you are Republican, you can decide that 3 = 4 and be correct?

In other good news, Gab.com is down for maintenance.  Having all the Parler users jumping over to their platform took them out.  That will make it a bit harder to organize the rebellion.  

It is wonderful that you want google to decide what information you now receive. Even Merkel is worried about the take over of our society by the big tech companies.  

If you think facts can only be determined mathematically you fail to understand politics and its relationship to "Truth".

Proof That 4 Equals 3

a + b = c

4a – 3a + 4b – 3b = 4c – 3c

4a + 4b – 4c = 3a + 3b – 3c

4(a + b – c) = 3(a + b – c)

4 = 3

27 minutes ago, dullers said:

Like most British kids from the 60s and 70s we had to study 1984 and Animal Farm.  I did not understand the true genius of those books until i became politically aware in my 30s and 40s.

While you may appreciate the genius of Orwell it appears you feel the same about Goebbels. Trump's single greatest act was Fake News. Those people refuse to believe anything that doesn't support Trump and fact checkers? Dismissed as pure propaganda. 

None are so blind as those who cannot see.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, dullers said:

... a few lines of wannabe inflammatory bullshit. Again ...

JFC, that dull and duller cunt has found it's way to PA after having it's arse handed to itself over and over for posting blatant bullshit in some of the sailing and corona compartments for what, about six weeks now?!

Getting a wee bit desparate for attention? Or just really bored and on the dole?

Either way, you don't have what it takes to even mimic a mediocre career troll.

Fuck off, newbie.

Edited by Grog
Swap SA for PA, because.
  • Like 4
40 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

Reality is what you think it is. Truth itself is mutable. Trump is a jenius.

18 minutes ago, dullers said:

It is wonderful that you want google to decide what information you now receive. Even Merkel is worried about the take over of our society by the big tech companies.  

If you think facts can only be determined mathematically you fail to understand politics and its relationship to "Truth".

Proof That 4 Equals 3 Dullers Failed Algebra

a + b = c

4 = 3

FIFY

8 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

While you may appreciate the genius of Orwell it appears you feel the same about Goebbels. Trump's single greatest act was Fake News. Those people refuse to believe anything that doesn't support Trump and fact checkers? Dismissed as pure propaganda. 

None are so blind as those who cannot see.

Good to see you are  a disciple of "what is truth".  I had no bone about what Trump says or does not say or if it is true or not. The issue is far more dangerous than the ramblings of any politician. It is the power of tech companies on the determining of what we can and cannot hear. Your post has a certain irony about it.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH, Bwahahahahahaha, HAHAHAHAAHAHAH OMG Doggy You make me laugh.  Go boop the shitstains dick would ya.  Halarity will insue..  

13 minutes ago, dullers said:

Good to see you are  a disciple of "what is truth".  I had no bone about what Trump says or does not say or if it is true or not. The issue is far more dangerous than the ramblings of any politician. It is the power of tech companies on the determining of what we can and cannot hear. Your post has a certain irony about it.

Umm, no, it is about tech companies coming to the realization that their platforms were being used to spread lies that ultimately led to violence, death and acts of sedition, and deciding they were legally and morally bound to do something about it. An example of these lies was the one the president was spreading about the election results.  

These companies regularly shut down accounts of people involved in illegal/immoral activities and have always done so. Get over it.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Rain Man said:

Umm, no, it is about tech companies coming to the realization that their platforms were being used to spread lies that ultimately led to violence, death and acts of sedition, and deciding they were legally and morally bound to do something about it. An example of these lies was the one the president was spreading about the election results.  

These companies regularly shut down accounts of people involved in illegal/immoral activities. Get over it.

Take it up with Merkel.

You most probably wish to choose what sort of information I can look up as you know what's good for me

Um Absolutely not.  That is the probvlem with the right wing thinkers.  We do not wish ill on your elk, We absolutely syupport your right to free speach and your right to protest.  Frankly I don't give a shit what you do UNTIL..(Now this is the big one, Listen Close) Your actions affect My Government to the point of people dying and the National guard being called out to stop a fucking group of armed individuals from takoing over our government and threatening to kill senators.  Now, IMHO this should have been squashed last wed and people should have been shot. (A dead cop, or one dragged and beaten down steps in any other situation would force the cops into mideval mode) So no, you can do what the fuck you want to unless you fuck with my Govt...Go back into your hole.. 

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, dullers said:

Just jump on my business opportunity - Faxler. It's a can't miss winner.  Meanwhile I will continue to believe in accountability and liability for ones actions.

edit: In addition to the coin, don't forget to get your historic Trump $2 bills.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Rain Man said:

In the meantime, the grift continues.  YCMTSU.  Someone claiming to be the real Melania Trump shilling for sales on Gab.com:

image.png.8f19fb4452e87b1c589d99f29bb8a2ac.png

I'd like to use my significant way to show how much we value your president, but I can't mail my morning dump cross-border.

9 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

These companies regularly shut down accounts of people involved in illegal/immoral activities and have always done so. Get over it.

Actually, I think it was that the tech companies just realized they could be held civilly accountable for being the platform used to plan/execute a coup, and saw their beloved section 230 at risk.

Let's not get all swoony over the tech company management intentions. It's about the CASH. (Long term stock valuation)

One thing that is definitely true: Freedom of speech is not the right force other people to listen, or to force other people to pay for the medium you use to "speak" (or post).

Another true thing: Freedom of speech has NEVER included to the right to spread deliberate, malicious, lies.

And yet another true thing: Freedom of speech has NEVER included the right to make specific threats of violence, nor to incite insurrection

You can "decide" these are not true but that "decision" has no effect other than to make you look like an idiot. Kind of like insisting that the earth is flat or that the moon really -IS- green cheese.

- DSK

3 hours ago, can-UK said:

Parler was funded by the Mercer family. (https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/15/media/rebekah-mercer-parler/index.html).  These are also the same people who backed Cambridge Analytica.

I'm (slightly) surprised that they were so cheap on cybersecurity. 

I'm amazed anybody was dumb enough to hand over their data to them. 

12 minutes ago, dullers said:

Take it up with Merkel.

Just in case you missed it (since you seem to miss a lot)...

But Ms Merkel said through her spokesman that the US government should take on the responsibility for regulating hate speech, as Germany does, instead of leaving it up to platforms such as Twitter and Facebook.

Now do you remember your 1984?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Actually, I think it was that the tech companies just realized they could be held civilly accountable for being the platform used to plan/execute a coup, and saw their beloved section 230 at risk.

Let's not get all swoony over the tech company management intentions. It's about the CASH. (Long term stock valuation)

I agree, IMHO there should be no one that can unilaterally decide what is good and what is not, but this is the situation we are in, so what has happened is the correct outcome, unfortunately the answer is not forthcoming.  So Zuck should not be able to decide, but putting the platforms under some sort of oversite might be going too far.  Free enterprise and all that.  

15 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Um Absolutely not.  That is the probvlem with the right wing thinkers.  We do not wish ill on your elk, We absolutely syupport your right to free speach and your right to protest.  Frankly I don't give a shit what you do UNTIL..(Now this is the big one, Listen Close) Your actions affect My Government to the point of people dying and the National guard being called out to stop a fucking group of armed individuals from takoing over our government and threatening to kill senators.  Now, IMHO this should have been squashed last wed and people should have been shot. (A dead cop, or one dragged and beaten down steps in any other situation would force the cops into mideval mode) So no, you can do what the fuck you want to unless you fuck with my Govt...Go back into your hole.. 

I presume your Government is Trump? He is not my Government by the way. Who should have been shot?

1 hour ago, Grog said:

Thanks, and your ideas sound promising!

File under future business plan and just let's not give the loonies funny ideas. :)

(Psssst, how do we work around the fact that most mobiles are off most of the time and even if on as in actively used, services and apps running in the background are strictly limited? Real problem for the current breed of corona apps!)

Cheers

I'm not a tech guy, but battery capacity springs to mind.

12 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

One thing that is definitely true: Freedom of speech is not the right force other people to listen, or to force other people to pay for the medium you use to "speak" (or post).

Another true thing: Freedom of speech has NEVER included to the right to spread deliberate, malicious, lies.

And yet another true thing: Freedom of speech has NEVER included the right to make specific threats of violence, nor to incite insurrection

You can "decide" these are not true but that "decision" has no effect other than to make you look like an idiot. Kind of like insisting that the earth is flat or that the moon really -IS- green cheese.

- DSK

Who decides what is a lie? Very simple really.  Can you post where i supported violence and all the other ramblings?

50 minutes ago, dullers said:

Proof That 4 Equals 3

a + b = c

4 = 3

Textbook example of a little knowledge.

Google does not decide what information I receive. There are other ways to search and access knowledge.

Did you actually understand that Merkel was saying the government should get to decide the speech to ban rather than leaving it to the tech companies.

The math is wrong, get a high school kid good at math to explain it to you.  

5 minutes ago, shaggy said:

I agree, IMHO there should be no one that can unilaterally decide what is good and what is not, but this is the situation we are in, so what has happened is the correct outcome, unfortunately the answer is not forthcoming.  So Zuck should not be able to decide, but putting the platforms under some sort of oversite might be going too far.  Free enterprise and all that.  

I think Tom's beloved Section 230 might run into a bi-partisan buzz-saw shortly.

Just now, VhmSays said:

Textbook example of a little knowledge.

Google does not decide what information I receive. There are other ways to search and access knowledge.

Did you actually understand that Merkel was saying the government should get to decide the speech to ban rather than leaving it to the tech companies.

The math is wrong, get a high school kid good at math to explain it to you.  

Glad you spent your time on it.

4 minutes ago, dullers said:

I presume your Government is Trump? He is not my Government by the way. Who should have been shot?

Hu??WTF??  As to shot, anyone that pulled that cop out of the building and down the steps or the people involved in throwing fire extinguishers at cops heads, how bout that for starters, 

50 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

They spend a lot of time de=platforming and cleaning up after ISIS, Al-Qaeda and other radical Islamic groups, the far-right have put themselves in the same category. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

I think Tom's beloved Section 230 might run into a bi-partisan buzz-saw shortly.

Herin lies the rub..  230 goes away, we do not get to play on SA....  The liability of hosting anything would destroy the inets as we know em, so another solution is necississary.  

4 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Some of the posts found on Parler.  I am sure Dog will produce similar ones from Twitter.

138334616_3971602242872887_1657569342851812437_n.jpg

138456370_10225584464017966_9209888642858258857_o.jpg

Hasn't he been arrested for terrorism yet?

30 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Yep Bring on those gunships.    

5 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Herin lies the rub..  230 goes away, we do not get to play on SA....  The liability of hosting anything would destroy the inets as we know em, so another solution is necississary.  

Not necessarily true. anon likley goes away, yes. real logins may be fine

4 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Some of the posts found on Parler.  I am sure Dog will produce similar ones from Twitter.

138334616_3971602242872887_1657569342851812437_n.jpg

138456370_10225584464017966_9209888642858258857_o.jpg

I am guessing that, though there will be no advanced public notice of any change, President Elect Biden will take the oath at an undisclosed location, and any terrorists who show up do do harm can be rounded up on the spot. 

26 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Who decides what is a lie? Very simple really.  Can you post where i supported violence and all the other ramblings?

Have you been accused?

Are you denying that many right-wingers have done exactly what I stated above?

What is a lie: things that have been disproven to the greater majority of sensible people, and provides a functional basis for our ongoing socio-economic system. Such as "the 2020 election was STOLEN!"

- DSK

2 hours ago, dullers said:

I agree, lets get rid of parler and any other organisation that is not pc enough or left wing .

First time I've seen that having a problem with calling for violence and the overthrow of the US government is just political correctness. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Have you been accused?

Are you denying that many right-wingers have done exactly what I stated above?

What is a lie: things that have been disproven to the greater majority of sensible people, and provides a functional basis for our ongoing socio-economic system. Such as "the 2020 election was STOLEN!"

- DSK

So no person from the left has ever advocated violence? Do you know the majority of centre right do not advocate violence either . Many left wingers have advocated similar views but i do not presume like a few on here that everyone is far right or far left or pro violence.  Many people who voted Trump will stay at home and get on with their lives under Biden. People are allowed to question elections. It is healthy. Proof must be provided at some point. 

17 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I am guessing that, though there will be no advanced public notice of any change, President Elect Biden will take the oath at an undisclosed location, and any terrorists who show up do do harm can be rounded up on the spot. 

It would make sense, just as long as they've carried out rapid background checks on his new security teams. The infiltration runs high!

5 minutes ago, benwynn said:

First time I've seen that having a problem with calling for violence and the overthrow of the US government is just political correctness. 

Has Team Trump used that one yet?

3 minutes ago, benwynn said:

A few democrats have also advocated violence in regard to Trump. Why do you think it all goes one way?

2 minutes ago, dullers said:

A few democrats have also advocated violence in regard to Trump. Why do you think it all goes one way?

Imagine!

1 minute ago, dullers said:

Because one has materialized to the point of people rooming the halls of the capital with flex cuffs looking for lawmakers.   That's one way. 

Please excuse the political correctness of mention of objective reality. 

33 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Yep Bring on those gunships.    

Yes, Hard and fast if the dipshits actually try and take any capital.  

10 minutes ago, dullers said:
24 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

What (this) is a lie: things that have been disproven to the greater majority of sensible people, and provides a functional basis for our ongoing socio-economic system. Such as "the 2020 election was STOLEN!"

So no person from the left has ever advocated violence? Do you know the majority of centre right do not advocate violence either . Many left wingers have advocated similar views but i do not presume like a few on here that everyone is far right or far left or pro violence.  Many people who voted Trump will stay at home and get on with their lives under Biden. People are allowed to question elections. It is healthy. Proof must be provided at some point. 

Proof has been provided, you just refuse to look.

For one example, watch the interview with Sec. of St. Raffensparger. The Georgia election (for just one example) was recounted and audited and investigated and recounted again. He stated "We hasve found evidence that the votes of 2 dead people were submitted, not many hundreds as claimed. And we're still investigating those two, but they were not counted and even if most of the ones falsley claimed were counted, which they weren't, they STILL would not have affected the outcome."

Why did so many down-ballot Republicans win seats in 2020, if the election was so-o crooked? If THEY believe it was really crooked, why don't they resign their seats?

Think

8 minutes ago, dullers said:

You mean like the TV star that posed with a fake severed Trump head? She got fired. And was pretty solidly mocked by many including me.

Now tell us about all the Democrats who broke into Congress trying to murder the Vice President and overturn a valid, legal, election

- DSK

33 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Not necessarily true. anon likley goes away, yes. real logins may be fine

But that changes things drastically does it not??  I am on your side, it's just that an alternative solution is needed and I have absolutely no idea what that is, and I am in the biz..  

It does not go one way.  A few dems calling for violance does not equal 30k + Morons storming the capital building, yanking cops out and beating them.  What the fuck is wrong with you??  

3 minutes ago, shaggy said:

But that changes things drastically does it not??  I am on your side, it's just that an alternative solution is needed and I have absolutely no idea what that is, and I am in the biz..  

Same, no longer in that biz, but definitely related biz. No idea the "right" solution, maybe civil liability is enough

Just now, shaggy said:

It does not go one way.  A few dems calling for violance does not equal 30k + Morons storming the capital building, yanking cops out and beating them.  What the fuck is wrong with you??  

An English RWNJ is still a RWNJ.

15 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Because one has materialized to the point of people rooming the halls of the capital with flex cuffs looking for lawmakers.   That's one way. 

Please excuse the political correctness of mention of objective reality. 

So we saw no violence in the last year from the other side? I realise I have a different and minority view on here. Is that objective enough?  At no time have i advocated violence by the way.

8 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

An English RWNJ is still a RWNJ.

My problem with you is you don't like my views. Can you tell me when I advocated the storming of your building? 

10 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Think

@Steam Flyer, you're asking a person to think, who submitted the following as a mathematical proof:

Proof That 4 Equals 3

a + b = c

4 = 3

@dullers either is being disingenuous, or is a morantm.

So we saw no violence in the last year from the other side? I realise I have a different and minority view on here. Is that objective enough?  At no time have i advocated violence by the way.

Did you see no arrests "on the other side?"

Lots. Cops sweeping the streets of Minneapolis shooting "non-lethal" munitions at people on their porches.

Another "whataboutism" fail

16 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Proof has been provided, you just refuse to look.

For one example, watch the interview with Sec. of St. Raffensparger. The Georgia election (for just one example) was recounted and audited and investigated and recounted again. He stated "We hasve found evidence that the votes of 2 dead people were submitted, not many hundreds as claimed. And we're still investigating those two, but they were not counted and even if most of the ones falsley claimed were counted, which they weren't, they STILL would not have affected the outcome."

Why did so many down-ballot Republicans win seats in 2020, if the election was so-o crooked? If THEY believe it was really crooked, why don't they resign their seats?

Think

You mean like the TV star that posed with a fake severed Trump head? She got fired. And was pretty solidly mocked by many including me.

Now tell us about all the Democrats who broke into Congress trying to murder the Vice President and overturn a valid, legal, election

- DSK

I guess you missed all the violence last year. Follow my posts instead of what you think i do or do not support

I absolutely saw violence on the other side.   And I never claimed that you have advocated violence.  I'm not sure why you are going there.   You were asking why the response was seemingly directed only one way.   I thought I provided a very specific reason.  

BLM is not the other side of MAGA/Trumpers. BLM is a movement to raise awareness of systemic racism. They may be less hostile to Dems since Dems are willing to listen to them, but they are not a political movement, they are a civil rights movement. Aside from that, the riots that took place at some protests were not organized with a political goal in mind. There is a significant difference if something is done with the intent of overthrowing the govt or not.

I don't know why I am bothering to explain this anymore though, since a certain subset of our population is very clearly now immune to facts or reality. I made the mistake of peeking at some of the firearms message boards today and after seeing what people there believe, I am considerably less optimistic about the next 5 to 10 years, and I was not particularly optimistic before that. 

• Like 5

My problem with you is you don't like my views. Can you tell me when I advocated the storming of your building? 

Since you just showed up here a few days after said event, I know nothing except what you have presented here in PA.

However, that was enough for me to take a rough guess as to your political bent.

4 minutes ago, dullers said:

Why would you have a problem with people who do not like your views?   I find people who do not like my views to be intellectually stimulating. 

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

... Now tell us about all the Democrats who broke into Congress trying to murder the Vice President and overturn a valid, legal, election

I guess you missed all the violence last year. Follow my posts instead of what you think i do or do not support

I cert