Good Luck Getting Parler, Bullshitters.

apologies if this has been posted already - but good luck removing your posts, data, locations and content from Parler thanks to https://threatpost.com/parler-archive-amazon-suspension/162928/

Unfortunate that I can't locate the article quoting the woman who spear headed this, she made some comments about how amateurish the site was and how simple to preserve the thousands of videos and terrabytes of data.  For instance when someone deleted something it is not actually deleted but has a delete flag on it.

Investigations to follow and hilarity ensues.

• Like 1
  • Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree with you on what Parler was doing, and would not have any problem with the CEOs of all the companies jumping on Zoom to talk about what a dangerous platform Parler was. I just don't see any po

BLM is not the other side of MAGA/Trumpers. BLM is a movement to raise awareness of systemic racism. They may be less hostile to Dems since Dems are willing to listen to them, but they are not a polit

Collusion isn't a crime.

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, dullers said:

He called me a right wing nut job so I responded and both in public. What is the point of using a message in a forum like this? Spoils the fun.

You took issue with me commenting on your post, implying that it had nothing to do with me.  My advice was that if your post is only directed at one person, and that it bothers you if someone else comments on what you said, that you should make it a PM rather than a public post.   Now, it appears that you want others to see what you said, and that it is "fun".

You don't seem to be able to keep one train of thought on track for very long. 

4 minutes ago, benwynn said:

You took issue with me commenting on your post, implying that it had nothing to do with me.  My advice was that if your post is only directed at one person, and that it bothers you if someone else comments on what you said, that you should make it a PM rather than a public post.   Now, it appears that you want others to see what you said, and that it is "fun".

You don't seem to be able to keep one train of thought on track for very long. 

What were we talking about?

54 minutes ago, Dog said:
3 hours ago, Zonker said:

You're starting your question with an assumption that they did collude.

It's like saying "Do you still beat your wife?"

Yes I did...they all took the same action within hours of each other. As Yogi would say "It's too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence".

Or because a bunch of corporations decided due to very recent event that these customers were assholes. Since they are run by smart people, one would assume, if they colluded that they would not perform these actions within a few hours of each other - that would look too suspicious. Instead they'd spread it out over a few days. "OK Facebook, you go first, then Twitter. Finally Google and Apple". 

Actually lots of other companies have taken a stand on Trump (not Parler). A good listing is here:
https://www.axios.com/platforms-social-media-ban-restrict-trump-d9e44f3c-8366-4ba9-a8a1-7f3114f920f1.html

Back to Dog's pathology. 

Lack of evidence doesn't seem to stop you from finding conspiracies everywhere. A study was done to try to determine if the brains of people that believe in conspiracies were different. Turns out they are!

https://science.howstuffworks.com/life/inside-the-mind/human-brain/conspiracy-theorists-brains-really-are-different.htm

You probably can't help it. It's just the way your brain is wired. 

5 minutes ago, benwynn said:

ADD as a defense mechanism. 

Another first from you today. 

Ok what would you like to ask?  You see way more into this I do. I replied to Ish so my post was to him. Feel free to join in. I have no issue with that I just did not see your post as relating to my post.

1 hour ago, dullers said:

My problem with you is you don't like my views. Can you tell me when I advocated the storming of your building? 

1 hour ago, benwynn said:

Why would you have a problem with people who do not like your views?   I find people who do not like my views to be intellectually stimulating. 

See the red text were it shows my post had something to do with yours.

There is no way that Google, Apple, and Amazon conspired to take down Parler. Apple made the call quickly after and as a direct result of what happened at the Capitol, and other companies saw the same risks and took similar actions afterward. It's like if you see someone picking up an umbrella, look outside and see it is raining, and decide to pick up an umbrella as well. There was risk in not taking action to distance your company from Parler and virtually no risk in doing so. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Zonker said:

Lack of evidence doesn't seem to stop you from finding conspiracies everywhere. A study was done to try to determine if the brains of people that believe in conspiracies were different. Turns out they are!

https://science.howstuffworks.com/life/inside-the-mind/human-brain/conspiracy-theorists-brains-really-are-different.htm

There were zero measurements of the brain in that study.

As nice as it would be to have a simple explanation for idiots being idiots like their brain is broken, there is no evidence for that.

1 minute ago, benwynn said:

See the red text were it shows my post had something to do with yours.

Are you the you in that post?

3 hours ago, Rain Man said:

Facts are mutable?  Who knew?  Does this mean, say, if you are Republican, you can decide that 3 = 4 and be correct?

I've had this 'discussion' in the past though it was with the left wing types funnily enough.

My usual suggestion to people who think facts are mutable or merely a matter of opinion is to step off of a high building while holding firmly to a belief that gravity is just a matter of opinion - or a mutable fact.

I really, really wish that such people, including dullard here, would follow my suggestion.

FKT

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Zonker said:

Or because a bunch of corporations decided due to very recent event that these customers were assholes. Since they are run by smart people, one would assume, if they colluded that they would not perform these actions within a few hours of each other - that would look too suspicious. Instead they'd spread it out over a few days. "OK Facebook, you go first, then Twitter. Finally Google and Apple". 

Actually lots of other companies have taken a stand on Trump (not Parler). A good listing is here:
https://www.axios.com/platforms-social-media-ban-restrict-trump-d9e44f3c-8366-4ba9-a8a1-7f3114f920f1.html

Back to Dog's pathology. 

I miss trumps simple recipes on Pinterest.  I DON'T miss having to read 4 paragraphs of how he loves his daughter before he gets to the ingredients.

1 minute ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

I've had this 'discussion' in the past though it was with the left wing types funnily enough.

My usual suggestion to people who think facts are mutable or merely a matter of opinion is to step off of a high building while holding firmly to a belief that gravity is just a matter of opinion - or a mutable fact.

I really, really wish that such people, including dullard here, would follow my suggestion.

FKT

I must change my moniker for you.

9 minutes ago, dullers said:

Are you the you in that post?

No.  Your comment was directed to someone else.  On a public forum. Where it is more "fun" than a personal message to someone.   Your latest claim was that you did not see my post as related to your post.  Let's examine that claim:

In your comment "My problem with you is you don't like my views ",  the "you" refers to Ismael. 

In my comment "Why would you have a problem with people who do not like your views" the "people" includes Ismael.  My comment also mentions a problem with a dislike of one's views.

Do you see now how my post is related to your post?   At least on a couple of levels? 

Focus. Focus.  Stay on this one singular point.   Focus.  You can can do this. 

1 hour ago, benwynn said:

Why would you have a problem with people who do not like your views?   I find people who do not like my views to be intellectually stimulating. 

I find people who can intelligently disagree with my views and present a coherent argument to be intellectually stimulating.

Dullard is well named and will never rise to that level.

FKT

32 minutes ago, Zonker said:

... Back to Dog's pathology. 

You probably can't help it. It's just the way your brain is miswired. 

FIFY

It does take a certain type of intellect... or lack thereof... to take the absence of evidence as PROOF!! of a loony conspiracy. And yet it exists. And it seems fairly common in human nature, but evolution probably weeded out the worst tendencies.

I remember a conversation with my nephew at age 4, where we had been talking/reading about animals and he was fascinated with the difference between wild animals and farm animals and pets. I guess it opened up a track of thought for him, they're ALL animals but there are different degrees of animal-ness. Anyway we were going somewhere by car and he said "Look, there are elephants in the woods!" and I of course replied "No, elephants don't live around here. They live in another country that is across the ocean from here" and he said "Yes there are elephants right over there!" and I of course replied "well how come nobody can see them?" and he replied (of course) "because they're HIDING!"

The difference is that Dog and his elk are not 4 and they are trying to use violence to force the rest of the country to obey their 4-year-old-ish logic.

- DSK

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

FIFY

It does take a certain type of intellect... or lack thereof... to take the absence of evidence as PROOF!! of a loony conspiracy. And yet it exists. And it seems fairly common in human nature, but evolution probably weeded out the worst tendencies.

I remember a conversation with my nephew at age 4, where we had been talking/reading about animals and he was fascinated with the difference between wild animals and farm animals and pets. I guess it opened up a track of thought for him, they're ALL animals but there are different degrees of animal-ness. Anyway we were going somewhere by car and he said "Look, there are elephants in the woods!" and I of course replied "No, elephants don't live around here. They live in another country that is across the ocean from here" and he said "Yes there are elephants right over there!" and I of course replied "well how come nobody can see them?" and he replied (of course) "because they're HIDING!"

The difference is that Dog and his elk are not 4 and they are trying to use violence to force the rest of the country to obey their 4-year-old's logic.

- DSK

The elephant repellant on my lawn is still working, so there!

FKT

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

FIFY

The difference is that Dog and his elk are not 4 and they are trying to use violence to force the rest of the country to obey their 4-year-old-ish logic.

- DSK

This would be very similar to a conversation I'm having right now with dullers, with the exception that when you pointed out no elephants lived around there your nephew did not reply "Who said anything about elephants? 

I'm starting to think I might dullers to acquiesce if I promise him an Otter Pop or something. 

4 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Hasn't he been arrested for terrorism yet?

Better suggestion was to recall him to active service and charge him with treason.

2 hours ago, d'ranger said:

apologies if this has been posted already - but good luck removing your posts, data, locations and content from Parler thanks to https://threatpost.com/parler-archive-amazon-suspension/162928/

Unfortunate that I can't locate the article quoting the woman who spear headed this, she made some comments about how amateurish the site was and how simple to preserve the thousands of videos and terrabytes of data.  For instance when someone deleted something it is not actually deleted but has a delete flag on it.

Investigations to follow and hilarity ensues.

Are there still people so hopelessly ignorant that they think deleting a computer file actually eliminates it?

Do they also think that tearing the table of contents out of a book makes the book unreadable?

8 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Apple served a case and desist already for publishers claiming “collusion” regarding action against Parler. Knowing their law firms ima guess there was a specific focus by the players to not do anything that would resemble collusion. 

“but they did it at the same time!!!!”

crazy, right? There can’t be any other reason these companies would turn on parler at the same time!!

Are you saying that the gas companies don't all, completely independently, change their prices the exact same amount at the exact same time?

Say it ain't so!

2 hours ago, LenP said:

There is no way that Google, Apple, and Amazon conspired to take down Parler. Apple made the call quickly after and as a direct result of what happened at the Capitol, and other companies saw the same risks and took similar actions afterward. It's like if you see someone picking up an umbrella, look outside and see it is raining, and decide to pick up an umbrella as well. There was risk in not taking action to distance your company from Parler and virtually no risk in doing so. 

Who cares if they "conspired" or not.  Parler was actively and knowingly engaged in facilitating a violent insurrection against the US Congress.  That just might be the most extreme violation of terms of service, or more importantly, the most basic Federal law.  Those private companies had a corporate responsibility to act and to notify others of the extreme violations that were occurring.  

Let the whiny little bitches whine. 

40 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Are you saying that the gas companies don't all, completely independently, change their prices the exact same amount at the exact same time?

Say it ain't so!

They certainly have in the past and have been slapped for it.  But, really, all they have to do is go see what's posted on their competitors sign boards.  It's not a secret.  Just like, say, the Saudi's change the price of crude.  Not a secret.  Or there's a war in Yemen and supply is interrupted.  Not a secret.  

Now, it was also not a secret that certain events occurred on the 6th of January that were exceedingly troubling for the companies.  And the companies acted on the 7th.  Promptly.  I don't think they cared at all if the bitches at Parler were going to cry "But you did it all at the same time!!!, Whaaaa!"

• Like 1
Just now, Left Shift said:

They certainly have in the past and have been slapped for it.  But, really, all they have to do is go see what's posted on their competitors sign boards.  It's not a secret

That would take a few minutes.

Around here they don't have that much time.

Every sign in the city changes at the same time.

7 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Who cares if they "conspired" or not.  Parler was actively and knowingly engaged in facilitating a violent insurrection against the US Congress.  That just might be the most extreme violation of terms of service, or more importantly, the most basic Federal law.  Those private companies had a corporate responsibility to act and to notify others of the extreme violations that were occurring.  

Also harvesting all the data, the same group were behind Cambridge Analytica.

8 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Wow, I'll have to watch for that.  That's a pretty amazing electronic readerboard infrastructure they must have all bought into.  That's straight out of Minority Report.  Does Tom Cruise know?.  

In the US, we can't even get New Year's Eve fireworks to go off at the same time.

I kind of figured it was simple collusion on the part of the oil companies - a few phone calls and boom, done.

"Tonight at 20:00 we change to $1,35.9 - tell all your people" kind of thing.

When the border opens again, come here and see for yourself. You will never see any variation in the price signs unless someone is having a short lived, localized price war.

15 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I kind of figured it was simple collusion on the part of the oil companies - a few phone calls and boom, done.

"Tonight at 20:00 we change to $1,35.9 - tell all your people" kind of thing.

When the border opens again, come here and see for yourself. You will never see any variation in the price signs unless someone is having a short lived, localized price war.

Nah, it's easier than that. What's the barrel price today? What's my pricing according to that, knowing that my pricing gives me enough volume. Then, if volume is off a bit over an hour, I can change my prices real-time.

32 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

I agree with you on what Parler was doing, and would not have any problem with the CEOs of all the companies jumping on Zoom to talk about what a dangerous platform Parler was. I just don't see any possibility of it having played out that way. Instead, I suspect that once Apple's move hit the news, the rest of the companies dealing with Parler began to review their relationship to the company. It is not like Bezos, Cook, and Pichai sit around twiddling their thumbs all day that they could set aside several hours to hatch a plan to take down a marketing and comms site for cosplay insurrectionists disguised as an alternative to Twitter all within a 24 hour period. These guys run some of the most valuable companies in the world, they just don't spend timing thinking about fucking Parler. Only an organization that is as narcissistic as  Trump himself would think that even a few minutes of Bezos', Cook's, or Pichai's time was spent thinking about a fake social media company like Parler with it's piddly 4 million users. There are college girls on Instagram who have more followers than Parler had users. 

• Like 8
9 minutes ago, LenP said:

I agree with you on what Parler was doing, and would not have any problem with the CEOs of all the companies jumping on Zoom to talk about what a dangerous platform Parler was. I just don't see any possibility of it having played out that way. Instead, I suspect that once Apple's move hit the news, the rest of the companies dealing with Parler began to review their relationship to the company. It is not like Bezos, Cook, and Pichai sit around twiddling their thumbs all day that they could set aside several hours to hatch a plan to take down a marketing and comms site for cosplay insurrectionists disguised as an alternative to Twitter all within a 24 hour period. These guys run some of the most valuable companies in the world, they just don't spend timing thinking about fucking Parler. Only an organization that is as narcissistic as  Trump himself would think that even a few minutes of Bezos', Cook's, or Pichai's time was spent thinking about a fake social media company like Parler with it's piddly 4 million users. There are college girls on Instagram who have more followers than Parler had users. 

Yep, Squeaky will have more views of her sailing video.

And I strongly suspect that it was already somewhere in these companies risk assessment, and once Apple jumped, the rest did not want to be the last one.

- DSK

How long after a mob rushes the capitol should a business be required to host those that used them for logistics so it doesn't look like collusion?  Calling around so it DOESN'T seem like collusion seems like...well....colluding.

9 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Parler will be back up. Law enforcement internal memos will refer to it as "perp corral."

Not before Gab grabs most of their users.  I think Parler is toast.  It will carry on for a bit then fold, IMHO.

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Strangely enough, not here so much. Recently I have seen 8-10 cents a litre difference at stations across from each other. For a week.

1684733131_Screenshot_2021-01-12VictoriaGasPrices-FindCheapPremiumGasPricesinBritishColumbia.png.9ad43b2592dd0b44d8f1c6b67728201a.png

17 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

Not before Gab grabs most of their users.  I think Parler is toast.  It will carry on for a bit then fold, IMHO.

Gab is hosted by a slimy bunch in the Seattle suburbs called "Epik."  Probably has links to the Gottlieb folks who are rabid gun nutz/2nd Amendment fund-raisers.

Parler is attempting to land there, but they don't really have the infrastructure to do much of anything.  And they are known assholes.  

So, yeah, the honest law enforcement agencies will look at it as a data gathering point.  I mean the idiots on Parler scanned their drivers licenses into their profiles.  

5 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Strangely enough, not here so much. Recently I have seen 8-10 cents a litre difference at stations across from each other. For a week.

1684733131_Screenshot_2021-01-12VictoriaGasPrices-FindCheapPremiumGasPricesinBritishColumbia.png.9ad43b2592dd0b44d8f1c6b67728201a.png

Real time price gouging, err, price adjustments.

5 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

So, yeah, the honest law enforcement agencies will look at it as a data gathering point.  I mean the idiots on Parler scanned their drivers licenses into their profiles.  

Almost like it was a setup for stupid people....

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:
8 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Almost like it was a setup for stupid people....

That is difficult to believe that the suspicious-natured, anti-Deep State, Trump supporters would do such a thing. If a web site asked me to scan in my drivers license, I'd go find a different web site. I've seen bars that scan DLs to admit people, and I never do that. Your drivers license contains some very potentially damaging info, the DL number is a key ID fit. You can do more damage or fraud with a DL than with a Social Security number.

What a bunch of major-league dumbasses

- DSK

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Real time price gouging, err, price adjustments.

20 years from now, that will look like adds for heating oil or coal used to look like.

3 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

That is difficult to believe that the suspicious-natured, anti-Deep State, Trump supporters would do such a thing. If a web site asked me to scan in my drivers license, I'd go find a different web site. I've seen bars that scan DLs to admit people, and I never do that. Your drivers license contains some very potentially damaging info, the DL number is a key ID fit. You can do more damage or fraud with a DL than with a Social Security number.

- DSK

And your point is?  LOL   

Even Spray-tan Don was disappointed in the "low class" of his insurrectionist buddies.  

8 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

And your point is?  LOL   

Even Spray-tan Don was disappointed in the "low class" of his insurrectionist buddies.  

It's not like the good old days when they had some style.

nazi.jpg

Brownshirts.jpg?fit=500,698&ssl=1

12 hours ago, Dog said:

Why should government allow businesses to collude to destroy another business?

Collusion isn't a crime.

• Like 5
9 hours ago, Dog said:

No....The story was suppressed because it threatened their investment in Joe Biden and the Democratic party.

Was there a crime?

41 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Yep, agree, I never use my DL for identification.

I use my passport if it's a Govt body that just *has* to have a photo ID. There's no address data on an Aussie passport and it doesn't link you to vehicle registrations et al.

Any private company, I'd have no qualms at all about providing fake ID.

FKT

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

No - Vancouver is special.

I don't know about right now but for quite a while we had the highest prices in North America and IIRC at one point in the world.

For some reason the oil companies love to pick on Vancouver.

A train derails in Ohio? Van gas prices go up.

Hurricane hits Texas? Van gas prices go up.

Refinery offline in Louisiana? Van gas prices go up.

My particular favourite was when they blamed a price bump here on something at Cherry Point while at the same time prices in Bellingham went down.

They barefaced lie with the same shamelessness as Trump.

53 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

20 years from now, that will look like adds for heating oil or coal used to look like.

Jeeze - you must be physic.

14 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

America seems deeply divided about the Capitol riot, with many Republicans (45%) in favor of it.

Poll results.

While Dog does his level best to pretend he is not a Republican, he certainly caucuses with them.  Wondering how he would respond if asked the questions in that poll?

• Should these actions be considered a threat to democracy? (%)

Yes

No

• Supporters of President Trump have stormed the US Capitol to protest lawmakers certifying Joe Biden’s election victory. Based on what you have read or heard about this, do you support or oppose these actions? (%)

Strongly or somewhat support

Don't know

N/A - Unaware of the story

Strongly or somewhat oppose

• To what extent, if at all, do you think [Donald Trump / Congressional Republicans who said they would vote against certifying the election results / Joe Biden] is to blame for the actions of those who stormed the Capitol building? (%)

A great deal to blame

Somewhat to blame

Don't know

Not much to blame

Not at all to blame

• Do you think it would be appropriate or inappropriate for Donald Trump to be removed from office immediately because of the actions of those storming the Capitol building? (%)

Appropriate

Don't know

Inappropriate

• What labels do you think apply to the people who did these actions? Please select all that apply. (%)

Extremists

Domestic terrorists

Criminals

Anti-democratic

Protestors

Looters

Patriots

Pro-democratic

Don’t know

None of these

@Dog - perhaps you missed this.  Here's an opportunity to share your views.  That way, you remove from people  the chance to guess what they are.

Shirley a principled man like yourself will be confident enough to go on record regarding the events of last week.

Now this is hilarious.  This is the way to go after the biggest corporation on the planet:

Parler’s lawsuit got off to a stumbling start. The company filed its request for a temporary restraining order, which would have stopped Amazon from booting Parler off its hosting services, one day too late — after Parler had already been wiped from the web. Parler also initially failed to serve Amazon with its complaint, in violation of court rules.

Parler’s choice of attorney in the case is something of an enigma. Solo practitioner David Groesbeck, of Spokane, has previously represented local businesses in licensing, real estate and property disputes. Groesbeck has not responded to requests for comment; his website redirects to an “under construction” page.

Groesbeck filed the suit from an Olympia address owned by lobbyist Tom McBride. Reached by phone, McBride said that he was unaffiliated with Groesbeck’s law firm and that Groesbeck no longer rents the home listed on the lawsuit.

(From the Seattle Times)

15 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Recognizing the very real threat posed by Parler, within hours, is now collusion.

That argument would be more convincing if they had acted in harmony when their own platforms were used to coordinate rioting in American cities including attacks on government buildings.

14 hours ago, Zonker said:

Back to Dog's pathology. 

Acted in harmony then, like that better? But this is not the first time social media platforms have been used to coordinate destructive events it's just the first time Big Tech has responded by acting in harmony against it. Is it too conspiratorial to suspect a common political motivation, after all Parler was being used by opponents of the government they just bought?

7 hours ago, Left Shift said:

Now this is hilarious.  This is the way to go after the biggest corporation on the planet:

Parler’s lawsuit got off to a stumbling start. The company filed its request for a temporary restraining order, which would have stopped Amazon from booting Parler off its hosting services, one day too late — after Parler had already been wiped from the web. Parler also initially failed to serve Amazon with its complaint, in violation of court rules.

Parler’s choice of attorney in the case is something of an enigma. Solo practitioner David Groesbeck, of Spokane, has previously represented local businesses in licensing, real estate and property disputes. Groesbeck has not responded to requests for comment; his website redirects to an “under construction” page.

Groesbeck filed the suit from an Olympia address owned by lobbyist Tom McBride. Reached by phone, McBride said that he was unaffiliated with Groesbeck’s law firm and that Groesbeck no longer rents the home listed on the lawsuit.

(From the Seattle Times)

Parler - “Only the best”

The rank hypocrisy is that Big Tech rationalizes the de-platforming Parler on the premise that Parler IS in fact responsible for the content on their platform. This cannot be reconciled with the liability protections they claim for themselves.

It's good to own politicians.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

The rank hypocrisy is that Big Tech rationalizes the de-platforming Parler on the premise that Parler IS in fact responsible for the content on their platform. This cannot be reconciled with the liability protections they claim for themselves.

It's good to own politicians.

The snowflake meltdown continues. I guess they got your DL. Well, we didn’t think you are too bright, this just confirms it.

23 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

The snowflake meltdown continues. I guess they got your DL. Well, we didn’t think you are too bright, this just confirms it.

Gossip.

22 minutes ago, Dog said:

Gossip.

melt snowflake, melt

Oh, and buy that identification protection service. Parler was set up to get all you rubes to buy it. Quite the racket.

2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

melt snowflake, melt

Oh, and buy that identification protection service. Parler was set up to get all you rubes to buy it. Quite the racket.

More gossip

2 hours ago, Dog said:

premise that Parler IS in fact responsible for the content on their platform.

Bullshit. They're responsible for abiding by the TOS set forth when they decide to do business with each other.  

4 hours ago, Dog said:
19 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Recognizing the very real threat posed by Parler, within hours, is now collusion.

That argument would be more convincing if they had acted in harmony when their own platforms were used to coordinate rioting in American cities including attacks on government buildings.

That is the argument YOU were making.

While I have your attention, care to respond to my request in Posts #95 and #250?

I didn't think so.

29 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

Bullshit. They're responsible for abiding by the TOS set forth when they decide to do business with each other.  

So if Big Tech believes Parler is not responsible for the content what exactly was their offense. You don't have to answer that because Big Tech did hold Parler responsible for the content and de-platformed them for it.

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

So if Big Tech believes Parler is not responsible for the content what exactly was their offense. You don't have to answer that because Big Tech did hold Parler responsible for the content and de-platformed them for it.

Parler is responsible for complying with the TOS just as every one of us are when we sign up on forums and social media platforms.  If they agree to monitor content for hate speech and violence and fail to do so then they can get flicked.  Not sure what your confusion is.  Are you saying two private entities should be regulated by the US Government in their dealings with each other?  What are you, a fucking communist?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Mike G said:

AirBNB cancelling reservations.

Goddamnit, how can we hold a fucking insurrection without AirBNB and that place with the jacuzzi?! And messaging! And onions for gods sake. Might as well go home.

Do I need purple?

10 minutes ago, Dog said:

I didn't read Parler's TOS agreement with their host. Did you?

You know those "no shirt, no service" signs?

Are those unfair too?

18 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

While I have your attention, care to respond to my request in Posts #95 and #250?

I didn't think so.

Yes

Strongly oppose

Not at all to blame

Inappropriate

Extremists, Domestic terrorists, Criminals,

1 minute ago, Dog said:
19 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I didn't think so.

Yes

Strongly oppose

Not at all to blame

Inappropriate

Extremists, Domestic terrorists, Criminals,

Duh.  I don't think anyone doubts your loyalty to President Trump.

11 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

Parler is responsible for complying with the TOS just as every one of us are when we sign up on forums and social media platforms.  If they agree to monitor content for hate speech and violence and fail to do so then they can get flicked.  Not sure what your confusion is.  Are you saying two private entities should be regulated by the US Government in their dealings with each other?  What are you, a fucking communist?

So they did hold Parler responsible for the content on their site didn't they. That's a responsibility they don't believe applies to themselves.

4 minutes ago, Dog said:

So they did hold Parler responsible for the content on their site didn't they. That's a responsibility they don't believe applies to themselves.

More bullshit.  They do believe it applies to themselves.   They are under TOS agreements just like anyone else.  If they disagree, they can file a lawsuit, just like Parler has.  And when judgement is handed down they can either move on or cry like little snowflakes.

Are you trying to say AWS doesn't have to comply with agreements it makes?

7 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Duh.  I don't think anyone doubts your loyalty to President Trump.

I said "not at all to blame" because I don't believe politicians can be held responsible for how other people respond to how they vote on a question. Consider the implications of doing that.

25 minutes ago, Dog said:

I'll express this in a way you can understand:

Parler shat on Google's lawn. They scraped it up, put it in the trash.

2 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

More bullshit.  They do believe it belongs to themselves.  They are under TOS agreements just like anyone else.  Are you trying to say AWS doesn't have to comply with agreements it makes?

I'm saying they held Parler responsible for content at the same time they claim to be immune themselves.

4 minutes ago, Dog said:

I'm saying they held Parler responsible for content at the same time they claim to be immune themselves.

When did Amazon, Google and Apple claim immunity from complying with privately agreed upon terms of service?  And why should Parler be exempt from fulfilling it's side of the agreement?

8 minutes ago, Dog said:

Wrong as usual.  Facebook and Twitter moderate their platforms.  You might have seen the flags they put on nearly everything Trump wrote about the election.  I believe you've been flagged here with the same graphics.  So AWS gave Parler 24 hours to start moderating.  They didn't and were de-platformed.  They should have followed the rules.

w.jpg.494d0f2edb493606c26cc74c14daadfe.jpg

• Like 2
1 minute ago, roundthebuoys said:

Wrong as usual.  Facebook and Twitter moderate their platforms.  You might have seen the flags they put on nearly everything Trump wrote about the election.  I believe you've been flagged here with the same graphics.  So AWS gave Parler 24 hours to start moderating.  They didn't and were de-platformed.  They should have followed the rules.

w.jpg.494d0f2edb493606c26cc74c14daadfe.jpg

Facebook and Twitter claim immunity from responsibility for content on their sites at the same time they hold Parler responsible for content.