Good Luck Getting Parler, Bullshitters.

20 minutes ago, Dog said:

She's not completely wrong.  Social media injected steroids into the low information part of society you like to swim with.  Suddenly any Dog could spew anything unchecked.  And since dogs like you simply search for confirmation bias and call it a source, the myths and lies persevere.  Parler has taken the next step and become the defacto space for white nationalism and now calls Russia home.  

• Like 2
  • Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree with you on what Parler was doing, and would not have any problem with the CEOs of all the companies jumping on Zoom to talk about what a dangerous platform Parler was. I just don't see any po

BLM is not the other side of MAGA/Trumpers. BLM is a movement to raise awareness of systemic racism. They may be less hostile to Dems since Dems are willing to listen to them, but they are not a polit

Collusion isn't a crime.

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

So you want to take advantage of the fact that the chairman of the intel committee cannot talk about the specifics of information he has seen in his capacity as his district's representative on the intel committee, which views classified information?  Sounds like the bullshitter is you. I'd rather not have the intel committee spilling the beans on specifics in public. I'll just leave you an ...

Okay Bullshitter. That's all the time you get for free. 

Dude....The evidence Schiff is talking about does not exist. The Mueller Report cleared that up for all reasonable people.

8 minutes ago, Dog said:

I understand that AWS. DDOS Guard is not owned by "The Russians" it's owned by two Russians and is run out of Edenborough so "The Russians" would only have access to the data if the company sent it to them.  

As someone who does this type of work for a living, I would not trust it. I say this as someone who, among other things, has designed globally distributed systems for processing billions of financial transactions per day. Using any 3rd tier provider to provide a service like this, where the potential to intercept sensitive and personal data exists, is risky at best. If the 3rd party has connections to a hostile nation which has been attempting to insert itself into our politics, and the end point is a social network which is dominated by political discussions, that goes from risky to really really stupid. This is the same company which was hacked because it's architecture was so poorly thought out, exposing not just cat pics and cheating spouses, but significantly more sensitive information including copies front and back of drivers licenses for all the members. Given their prior reckless behavior, this move is par for the course, but the course is still stupid and anyone who trusts them with their info is making an enormous mistake. 

4 hours ago, Dog said:

You probably also believe Putin had compromising materials on Trump and was using it to dictate US policy. Or that Trump was a straight up Russian agent. Or all the other bullshit that went on for years in the Drip drip drip thread.

Were you disappointed to learn that the president of the United States did not collude with Russia?

Prove it. Last I checked, we have an entire report/witnesses.  What you got??  

1 minute ago, shaggy said:

Prove it. Last I checked, we have an entire report/witnesses.  What you got??  

I believe I have the same report. The Mueller report that found no collusion between Trump and the Russians.

1 minute ago, Dog said:

I believe I have the same report. The Mueller report that found no collusion between Trump and the Russians.

Are you talking about the unredacted report, or the bullshit synopsis by AG Barr?

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

Are you talking about the unredacted report, or the bullshit synopsis by AG Barr?

I'm talking about the unredacted part of the report. Page 2 if you want to look it up.

"In evaluating whether evidence about collective action of multiple individuals constituted a crime, we applied the framework of conspiracy law, not the concept of “collusion.” In so doing, the Office recognized that the word “collud[e]” was used in communications with the Acting Attorney General confirming certain aspects of the investigation’s scope and that the term has frequently been invoked in public reporting about the investigation. But collusion is not a specific offense or theory of liability found in the United States Code, nor is it a term of art in federal criminal law."

Page 2 of the report Dog didn't read.

4 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

"In evaluating whether evidence about collective action of multiple individuals constituted a crime, we applied the framework of conspiracy law, not the concept of “collusion.” In so doing, the Office recognized that the word “collud[e]” was used in communications with the Acting Attorney General confirming certain aspects of the investigation’s scope and that the term has frequently been invoked in public reporting about the investigation. But collusion is not a specific offense or theory of liability found in the United States Code, nor is it a term of art in federal criminal law."

I was saying that collusion was not an offense except in some anti-trust cases, even before the report.  The bullshitter working that word into the conversation is the same bullshitter working the term "Russia Russia Russia" into the conversation. Bullshitters like straw men. 

6 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

"the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities".

Page 2 of the report many claim to have read but didn't.

3 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I was saying that collusion was not an offense except in some anti-trust cases, even before the report.  The bullshitter working that word into the conversation is the same bullshitter working the term "Russia Russia Russia" into the conversation. Bullshitters like straw men. 

Could you imagine doing business with him?  The king of weasel words.  My Pillow Dog.

9 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Substitute "conspired or coordinated" if that makes you feel better.

6 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

Could you imagine doing business with him?  The king of weasel words.  My Pillow Dog.

No. Not ever. As trustworthy as a wet fart. 

49 minutes ago, Dog said:

"the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities".

That was from Barr's "summary" not the Mueller report itself

- DSK

1 hour ago, Dog said:

I understand that AWS. DDOS Guard is not owned by "The Russians" it's owned by two Russians and is run out of Edenborough so "The Russians" would only have access to the data if the company sent it to them.  

Dog, I don't know if you have any technical skills, but try doing a tracert on Parler.com and see where it leads.  

1 hour ago, Dog said:

You missed the first part of that sentence.  How.........convenient.

Although the investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, and that the Campaign expected it would benefit 1 U.S. Department of Justice Attorney Work Product // May Contain Material Protected Under Fed. R. Crim. P. 6(e) electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts, the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.

Nothing there, right?

4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Although the investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, and that the Campaign expected it would benefit 1 U.S. Department of Justice Attorney Work Product // May Contain Material Protected Under Fed. R. Crim. P. 6(e) electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts, the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.

Nothing there, right?

Pretty sure if another investigation was done now without any restrictions or interference or being PC about what actually happened trump, his kids and team would be facing charges.

5 minutes ago, VhmSays said:

Pretty sure if another investigation was done now without any restrictions or interference or being PC about what actually happened trump, his kids and team would be facing charges.

No no no.  Now is the time for Unity. We must forget all the stuff, while bullshitters that facilitated the alternate reality continue to bullshit us. 

47 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

Dog, I don't know if you have any technical skills, but try doing a tracert on Parler.com and see where it leads.  

Or take a look at the DDOS corp website. They are hiring for their corp office: "comfortable office in the city center of Rostov-on-Don."

Vacancies|DDoS-GUARD (ddos-guard.net)

I would not want my private info passing through their network. 

9 minutes ago, VhmSays said:

Dog would like us to pretend this sentence (below) doesn't appear in the report.  And, he can't claim to have missed it, as it is in the paragraph immediately preceding the one containing the partial quote he just provided.

Accordingly, while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

No no no.  Now is the time for Unity. We must forget all the stuff, while bullshitters that facilitated the alternate reality continue to bullshit us. 

Sadly Biden has signaled he's leaning towards letting bygones be bygones in the interest of " unity ". Hopefully the coup attempt and continuing support for trump has shown him where that leads.

3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

According to the GOP-led Senate investigation, there was a "breathtaking level of contacts between Trump officials and Russian government operatives that is a very real counterintelligence threat to our elections"

Senate report outlines ‘grave’ Russian threat in 2016 election interference probe - The report details ties between the Trump campaign and Russia but doesn’t find evidence of coordinated scheme

Now, I know you will zero in on a lack of evidence of conspiracy.  That means the President was an unwitting dupe - a "useful idiot". 

I am sure that makes you feel so fucking superior in your continued defense of your status as chief moron here.

FTFY

Nothing there, right?

Nothing at all implicating the Trump campaign.

3 hours ago, Rain Man said:

I don't have the chops to do that. I'm only interested in why Parler was targeted given that similar content has existed on other "platforms". Smells a bit like censorship.

Dog would like us to pretend this sentence (below) doesn't appear in the report.  And, he can't claim to have missed it, as it is in the paragraph immediately preceding the one containing the partial quote he just provided.

Accordingly, while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.

Why would a man that has not been accused need to be exonerated?

• Downvote 1
9 minutes ago, Dog said:

Why would a man that has not been accused need to be exonerated?

They were making clear he was not blameless.  But, they stopped short, citing the DOJ memo.

Why would a man claim a report "totally exonerated" him, when the report clearly states it doesn't?

21 minutes ago, Dog said:

I don't have the chops to do that. I'm only interested in why Parler was targeted given that similar content has existed on other "platforms". Smells a bit like censorship.

Parler was information central for the organization of the attack on the Capitol.  Google, Apple and AWS were able to look into the platform and see what the content was, and were no doubt horrified.  In spite of Parler claiming in their TOS that they would moderate the incitement of violence and other illegal activities, Parler was not doing so.  Google, Apple and AWS demanded Parler moderate.  My guess is that Parler refused, so they were deplatformed by AWS and the apps removed by Google and Apple.   Apple, BTW, has said they could come back if they agreed to moderate.  https://www.businessinsider.com/tim-cook-parler-could-return-apple-app-store-moderation-2021-1

My guess is that Parler didn't want to be beholden to Google, Apple and AWS to arbitrate what adequate moderation was.  Essentially, Google, Apple and AWS would be policing Parler.  So, I'm guessing the Parler management decided to look elsewhere for services.  The fact that Parler is still down suggests that they had trouble finding someone who would host - though the persistent rumour is that they are on Epik with DDOS protection from this Russian outfit.  Or perhaps AWS is sending their data to them on a dialup line?

That, of course, does not exonerate the roles that the users of Twitter, FB and Gab, notably the POTUS on Twitter, played in the organization of the attack.  That other shoe is still to drop.

IMHO Parler is done.  Because of the long delay in getting back up and running, Gab has grabbed all their users. In a way that is a good thing, it is convenient to have all the RWNJ's and Q crazies in one place.  Lauren Boebert is big on Gab now, as is Marjorie Greene.

18 minutes ago, Dog said:

Are businesses free to censor?  I know there is that old document that stipulates how "Congress shall make no law..."

Are businesses permitted to end a deal with an entity?

Citing "other platforms" suggests you are looking for "fairness".  Maybe there should be a doctrine?

16 minutes ago, Dog said:

What's the lie?

You never answer that one.

That's another lie

24 minutes ago, Dog said:

But this is the one I referred to a half hour or so ago.

- DSK

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Are businesses free to censor?  I know there is that old document that stipulates how "Congress shall make no law..."

Are businesses free to NOT publish statements by third parties? Are businesses free to lie, too?

- DSK

6 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Citing "other platforms" suggests you are looking for "fairness".  Maybe there should be a doctrine?

Twitter and Facebook have carried the same shit and were in fact used to organize the assault on the capitol which was ostensibly what prompted deplatforming of Parler.

23 minutes ago, Dog said:

Because, you inept fucking dumb motherfucker, other platforms have their own servers.  Parler was shopping in a cake shop as a gay couple and were refused service.  Get it yet?

Just now, roundthebuoys said:

Because, you inept fucking dumb motherfucker, other platforms have their own servers.  Parler was shopping in a cake shop as a gay couple and were refused service.  Get it yet?

Irrelevant

27 minutes ago, Dog said:

Since you never logged onto Parler like several of us did, you have zero frame of reference.  Parler's entire existence relied on white nationalists spewing garbage.  

Just now, Swimsailor said:

Since you never logged onto Parler like several of us did, you have zero frame of reference.  Parler's entire existence relied on white nationalists spewing garbage.  

I don't believe that. There are not enough white nationalists to sustain it.

1 minute ago, Dog said:

So what?

Bjesus..  You are thick or dumb or just a fucking paid troll.  So a business can refuse service, Parlor was utilizing a service provided by a company..  Said company can boot Parlor because....  that's it...  Since you are thick, AWS = business.  

35 minutes ago, Dog said:

I don't believe that. There are not enough white nationalists to sustain it.

I wish you weren't wrong on this one, but you are.  Check out Gab.com, the ugly stepchild of Parler.  The front page of Gab has a news feed of the day's top posts which offers us a glimpse into the mindset there.

Typical Gab top post: 

Capture.thumb.PNG.aa2ac65ac7535bf34887e0b2947284a0.PNG

I don't know about you, but I read the message here as "I can't say this out loud, but if you were a good Christian you would go start a righteous war against the Democratic usurpers."

More Gab.  If we invent time travel we need to go back and give McEnany père a condom or two.  

Capture.PNG.7d727edda70ab6914773a986c9e4b0d2.PNG

I think I just threw up a little, for her adulation, and for knowing he would bang her in a second if he thought he could get away with it.

8 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Bjesus..  You are thick or dumb or just a fucking paid troll.  So a business can refuse service, Parlor was utilizing a service provided by a company..  Said company can boot Parlor because....  that's it...  Since you are thick, AWS = business.  

Duh....Facebook and Twitter carried the same shit and have been for years and no one said fucks.

It's up to everybody here to prove, to dogs satisfaction, why no other company did what dog thinks they should have done, because of what happened to one company.

If you can't do that, then that means that it's all a deep state conspiracy.

Keep playing ball with dog.  

47 minutes ago, Dog said:

Twitter and Facebook have carried the same shit and were in fact used to organize the assault on the capitol which was ostensibly what prompted deplatforming of Parler.

Sounds like the free market for which Republicans have long advocated.

It sounds like you want regulation.

51 minutes ago, Mike G said:

It's up to everybody here to prove, to dogs satisfaction, why no other company did what dog thinks they should have done, because of what happened to one company.

If you can't do that, then that means that it's all a deep state conspiracy.

Keep playing ball with dog.  

Even better, dog wants to know why the fuck AWS didn't shut down Facebook!

(even though facebook has it's own servers)

Dumb Dog!

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

He wants AWS to deplatform Facebook and Twitter!

ahh, the logic of the stupid. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dog said:

You are Americas enemies' wet dream, so blind and more malleable than wet clay. 

A life determined and directed by spotty nosed uni grads in a Russian sweat shop. 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

spotty nosed uni grads in a Russian sweat shop.

How do you know that isn't exactly who he is?

Do you think it's possible for an adult American to be as stupid as he professes to be?

12 hours ago, Dog said:

You probably also believe Putin had compromising materials on Trump and was using it to dictate US policy. Or that Trump was a straight up Russian agent. Or all the other bullshit that went on for years in the Drip drip drip thread.

Were you disappointed to learn that the president of the United States did not collude with Russia?

I'm certain little don never had a functioning brain.  Oh, I don't know it might have been everyone around him that told me so.  But you might have your own take.  

18 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

How do you know that isn't exactly who he is?

Do you think it's possible for an adult American to be a stupid as he professes to be?

No. But a visit to Oklahoma confirmed that it's at least certainly a possibility.      

3 hours ago, Dog said:

The other platforms take down content that glorifies violence.  Not a perfect job, but enough to protect them in any lawsuit.   

Parler didn't, and didn't seem likely to start.  As a result, they're a lawsuit waiting to happen. 

Nobody wants to get caught up in that mess.  

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

Even better, dog wants to know why the fuck AWS didn't shut down Facebook!

(even though facebook has it's own servers)

Dumb Dog!

It's not just unfair.  It's....Sol, you wanna take this one?

Well, if you really want to know what went down with Parlor on Jan. 6th 

you can see a ton of their posts here, 

https://projects.propublica.org/parler-capitol-videos/

or an analysis of it here from a gent who took one for the team - watched the vids so we don't have to  .. 

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/1/19/2010242/-I-Watched-the-Parler-Videos-So-You-Don-t-Have-To-Here-Are-My-Dumb-Opinions

I did the latter, having not the stomach for the unadulterated Reich. 

10 hours ago, frenchie said:

The other platforms take down content that glorifies violence.  Not a perfect job, but enough to protect them in any lawsuit.   

Parler didn't, and didn't seem likely to start.  As a result, they're a lawsuit waiting to happen. 

BLM assholes, Antifa assholes, and now the right wing assholes that assaulted the capitol all use Facebook and Twitter to organize their riots. Now that right wing assholes have used Facebook they are getting some flack for it, most notably on Morning Joe.

12 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Actually, when a variety of companies act in unison to shut down a targeted company it doesn't look much like a free market.

7 minutes ago, Dog said:

BLM assholes, Antifa assholes, and now the right wing assholes that assaulted the capitol all use Facebook and Twitter to organize their riots. Now that right wing assholes have used Facebook they are getting some flack for it, most notably on Morning Joe.

Yeah, so what's your endgame?  Spell it out.

Just now, Dog said:

Actually, when a variety of companies act in unison to shut down a targeted company it doesn't look much like a free market.

Again, I would never do business with you because you're a weasel.  Are you saying I have to?

3 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

Again, I would never do business with you because you're a weasel.  Are you saying I have to?

Take it from one who has probably been around the sun a few more times, putting others down may give you a momentary kick but it's not the way forward.

4 minutes ago, Dog said:

Take it from one who has probably been around the sun a few more times, putting others down may give you a momentary kick but it's not the way forward.

I gave you credit for clearly stating Trump Incited an Insurrection and should be held accountable.  That moves us forward.

15 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

Free markets, free people, sayeth the Nannygoat. 

how long before he reappears?

9 minutes ago, Dog said:

Wrong again.

RTB is telling you a cold hard fact. That’s doing you a favour, not putting you down.

Here’s another, your have a strong victim complex as well.

12 hours ago, frenchie said:

I think glorifying violence is sometimes OK.

On 9/2/2019 at 4:19 PM, Steam Flyer said:

nor do I regard beating the fuck out of a marching Nazi as "throwing the first punch."

By declaring themselves to be Nazis, they are declaring themselves to be enemies of the USA, our principles, and many of our (certainly mine and my family's) lives.

On 5/2/2020 at 5:07 PM, Fakenews said:

Too bad Antifa is currently practicing social distancing, they can usually be relied on to punch a Nazi in the face.

On 6/4/2020 at 5:42 PM, Raz'r said:

If you’re referring to “yeah, see a nazi, go ahead and punch” well, I’m guilty.

On 11/10/2019 at 1:11 PM, SloopJonB said:

I never said I wanted to punch out Nazi's, I said I was O/K with people doing it.

On 8/14/2017 at 12:20 PM, frenchie said:

(reminder: I never argued anyone has the right to punch a nazi; just that illegality doesn't erase a patriotic american's moral obligation to punch nazis)

Is calling violence a moral obligation glorifying it?

22 minutes ago, Polytelum Tom said:

I think glorifying violence is sometimes OK.

Is calling violence a moral obligation glorifying it?

I am amazed by the advances of medical science.  Sadly, the legal system routinely uses the same failed barbaric methods that are of ancient origins.  Locking people up might be worse than a firing squad.

2 hours ago, Dog said:

It sounds like you are in favor of the government dictating to companies what they can and cannot do. I suppose you therefore support more government intrusion into the market.

In the name of “free markets” you would Increase governmental authority to dictate business decisions.

There’s a reason we’ve classified you as a dumb bitch. Go do what you’re good for and lick your balls. I think Americans can manage the country quite well without your right wing authoritarian bullshit. Stop spreading lies and denying truth & quit being so obviously hypocritical.

Or, just continue as is and join on the ground floor of Trump’s “Patriot Party.” Soon we will be calling you a stalwart member of the PeePees.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Dog said:
16 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Sounds like you don't think companies should be free to protect themselves from liability.  That sounds like you favor a form of regulation.

1 hour ago, phillysailor said:

It sounds like you are in favor of the government dictating to companies what they can and cannot do.

Of course, a regulatory framework is a precondition for capitalism.

4 hours ago, Dog said:

Turn the other cheek again?  My face is getting sore.

4 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:
4 hours ago, Dog said:

Wrong again.

RTB is telling you a cold hard fact. That’s doing you a favour, not putting you down.

Here’s another, your have a strong victim complex as well.

Putting others down is bad, but lying constantly is OK? Weird set of values Dog has. 

10 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Well, if you really want to know what went down with Parlor on Jan. 6th 

you can see a ton of their posts here, 

https://projects.propublica.org/parler-capitol-videos/

or an analysis of it here from a gent who took one for the team - watched the vids so we don't have to  .. 

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/1/19/2010242/-I-Watched-the-Parler-Videos-So-You-Don-t-Have-To-Here-Are-My-Dumb-Opinions

I did the latter, having not the stomach for the unadulterated Reich. 

Every single person in this country needs to read those 2 articles.  Good stuff..  

On 1/19/2021 at 3:58 AM, Dog said:

Were you disappointed to learn that the Mueller report did NOT clear him of collusion with Russia?  

Just now, Burning Man said:

Were you disappointed to learn that the Mueller report did NOT clear him of collusion with Russia?  

In America prosecutors do not clear people, they prosecute people. People are assumed to be innocent and the prosecutors job is to prove guilt.

On 1/19/2021 at 3:58 AM, Dog said:

I'm honestly not convinced that Putin didn't have something on him.  His behavior vis a vis the USSR and its Prezident was far too weird for something not to be there.  More than likely it was $$ rather than some pee tapes.  $$ seems to be the only that motivates the fat orange man.  

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I'm honestly not convinced that Putin didn't have something on him.  His behavior vis a vis the USSR and its Prezident was far too weird for something not to be there.  More than likely it was $$ rather than some pee tapes.  $$ seems to be the only that motivates the fat orange man.  

How do you square that with Trump resumption of arms sales to Putin's neighbors or prompting NATO nations to pony up or to compete with Russia for the European energy market?

12 minutes ago, Dog said:

In America prosecutors do not clear people, they prosecute people. People are assumed to be innocent and the prosecutors job is to prove guilt.

Yup, OJ is innocent and jeffrey hung himself.

13 minutes ago, Dog said:

How do you square that with Trump resumption of arms sales to Putin's neighbors or prompting NATO nations to pony up or to compete with Russia for the European energy market?

I’m sure their private conversations were totally above board.  Go home.  You lost.  I’m sure Trump will welcome you to the his Florida palace.

2 minutes ago, Swimsailor said:

I’m sure their private conversations were totally above board.  Go home.  You lost.  I’m sure Trump will welcome you to the his Florida palace.

Mar a Liar always has room for people to debase themselves in service to a lying fraud. 

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Trump did not do this, Congress did. Trump fought it and lost, because he's dumber and weaker than McConnell

- DSK

• Like 1
6 hours ago, roundthebuoys said:
6 hours ago, Dog said:

And right wing assholes like Soreass use Sailing Anarchy.

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

Trump did not do this, Congress did. Trump fought it and lost, because he's dumber and weaker than McConnell

- DSK

Bullshit