Good Luck Getting Parler, Bullshitters.

So...Has anyone ever noticed that the last letter in LGBTQ is Q!  Now that;s something that you could really build a conspiracy theory around.  Is Ru-Paul really the answer?

• Like 2
  • Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree with you on what Parler was doing, and would not have any problem with the CEOs of all the companies jumping on Zoom to talk about what a dangerous platform Parler was. I just don't see any po

BLM is not the other side of MAGA/Trumpers. BLM is a movement to raise awareness of systemic racism. They may be less hostile to Dems since Dems are willing to listen to them, but they are not a polit

Collusion isn't a crime.

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Dog said:
23 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

That's an odd statement for a defender of ex-President Trump to make, given how putting people down was that guy's #2 thing (second only to telling ridiculous lies).

That I have defended that shit is a figment of your imagination.

Well, given your desire to dissect sentences, focus on specific words, and argue minutiae, it's kinda funny that you suggest I said you defend name-calling.  Read my post again.  

I said you are a "defender of ex-President Trump".  I stand by that statement.  That he engages in the behavior of putting others down is beyond dispute.

Is this another situation in which you can divine meaning beyond what was written?  You know, that like "lipstick on a pig" thing?

4 hours ago, roundthebuoys said:

no warrants were fraudulent

Ummm... that's just flat wrong. Unless you believe IG Horowitz was lying? I do not.

"FBI personnel fell far short of the requirement in FBI policy that they ensure that all factual statements in a FISA application are 'scrupulously accurate,'" Horowitz concluded. Even that assessment is charitable, especially since an FBI lawyer deliberately doctored an email to conceal Page's relationship with the CIA, which had deemed him truthful.

The pattern of these "errors" is not random, of course, since all of them served to bolster the appearance of probable cause. Horowitz told the Senate Judiciary Committee his investigators "did not receive satisfactory explanations for the errors or problems we identified," and he allowed that they might reflect "intentionality," saying "it's fair" to "look at all of these 17 events and wonder how it could be purely incompetence."

I think he was being charitable there. I think it's willfully obtuse to see only incompetence and the pattern of behavior does appear intentional.

6 hours ago, roundthebuoys said:

Republicans hired him, none has been deemed disinformation, no warrants were fraudulent, plenty of Russian interference has been confirmed.  But you keep being your ignorant self. 

Bad faith - bigly on the Dogster's part. 

On 1/20/2021 at 8:50 AM, Polytelum Tom said:

I think glorifying violence is sometimes OK.

Is calling violence a moral obligation glorifying it?

I also think it's sometimes okay. Obviously.

I wasn't talking about morality, I was talking about not getting sued.

Russian hosting provider DDOS-Guard gets  2/3s of its IP addresses revoked, including Parler's:

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2021/01/ddos-guard-to-forfeit-internet-space-occupied-by-parler/

Judge says Amazon won't have to restore Parler web service

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Judge-says-Amazon-won-t-have-to-restore-Parler-15888411.php

That's just awful.

21 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Russian hosting provider DDOS-Guard gets  2/3s of its IP addresses revoked, including Parler's:

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2021/01/ddos-guard-to-forfeit-internet-space-occupied-by-parler/

That's just awful.

Yes, crying shame that.  The comments after that article make interesting reading too.  

It looks like Parler's IP might trace back to Russia from now on.  I'm sure that won't bother any of the users.

The false storefront page for Parler is still up, and it has a few new messages on it.  They are complaining that their CEO, John Matze, and his wife, are being harassed.  I hope that doesn't continue.  Much as I think the content on Parler needed to be reigned in, I don't think the CEO and his family should be threatened.  

This ought to get the gun nutters reaching for the Kleenex:

How libertarian Parler CEO married 'Russian he met during her US road trip'  before founding platform | Daily Mail Online

5 hours ago, frenchie said:
On 1/20/2021 at 8:50 AM, Polytelum Tom said:

I think glorifying violence is sometimes OK.

Is calling violence a moral obligation glorifying it?

I also think it's sometimes okay. Obviously.

Do I really need the purple font for you?

2 hours ago, Rain Man said:

Much as I think the content on Parler needed to be reigned in

You rein in your horse, you reign in your kingdom, and I'm glad there's forecast to be no rain in the harbor today while I'm fishing.

In the meantime, Andrew Torba, the Gab CEO, posted this as the top post on the GAB newsfeed:

It’s really important for Orthodox, Catholic, and Protestant Christians to unite against the rise of communism in the West. We share in common our love for Christ. Let’s start there and work together to stop this great evil. If not, they are coming for us all.

Seriously, these people are worried about the rise of communism?  How quaint.  1970 called, they want their imaginary threat back.

15 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Well, given your desire to dissect sentences, focus on specific words, and argue minutiae, it's kinda funny that you suggest I said you defend name-calling.  Read my post again.  

I said you are a "defender of ex-President Trump".  I stand by that statement.  That he engages in the behavior of putting others down is beyond dispute.

Is this another situation in which you can divine meaning beyond what was written?  You know, that like "lipstick on a pig" thing?

I have defended him when I think it's appropriate. You got a problem with that?

5 minutes ago, Dog said:

I have defended him when I think it's appropriate. You got a problem with that?

If only that were true.

You've certainly defended him.  You've also remained silent on many of his most heinous actions.  You don't just support him, you turn a largely blind eye to his failings and dance around them with pedantic argument techniques like whataboutism and bothsiderism, not to mention arguing semantics as Bus Driver said.

You're a bad-faith actor who values your party more than the truth, and you deserve every ounce of derision for your actions.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

If only that were true.

You've certainly defended him.  You've also remained silent on many of his most heinous actions.  You don't just support him, you turn a largely blind eye to his failings and dance around them with pedantic argument techniques like whataboutism and bothsiderism, not to mention arguing semantics as Bus Driver said.

You're a bad-faith actor who values your party more than the truth, and you deserve every ounce of derision for your actions.

If your going to call posters out for one sidedness you have a lot of work to do.

4 minutes ago, Dog said:
8 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

If only that were true.

If your going to call posters out for one sidedness you have a lot of work to do.

Whataboutism.  And, no denial.

10 minutes ago, Dog said:

Nice try at making it about me, liar.  But that's what makes your brand of argument so effective, isn't it?  You've got a little recipe for when to apply each type of dishonesty.

I suppose, were I you, this is where I would post something like "You've got nothing".  Or "Gossip".

• Like 1
Just now, Bus Driver said:

It's pathetic.

I don't think so. I think "whataboutism" is a bullshit excuse to exempt one's own side from the standards applied to others. Whataboutism is good.

1 minute ago, Dog said:

I don't think so. I think "whataboutism" is a bullshit excuse to exempt one's own side from the standards applied to others. Whataboutism is good.

I disagree. 

But, I'll keep that in mind for when you object to someone doing the same.

1 minute ago, Dog said:

Whataboutism is a method of broadening an argument to the point where you are arguing about EVERYTHING.  It's a way of removing focus from a particular topic.  And you're particularly good at it.

Wrong is wrong.  If you can't accept that, you resort to whataboutism so that you can slide back into 'two wrongs make a right'.

You're an asshole.

1 minute ago, Grrr... said:

Whataboutism is a method of broadening an argument to the point where you are arguing about EVERYTHING.  It's a way of removing focus from a particular topic.  And you're particularly good at it.

Wrong is wrong.  If you can't accept that, you resort to whataboutism so that you can slide back into 'two wrongs make a right'.

You're an asshole.

Wrong is wrong...That's why whataboutism is good.

8 minutes ago, Dog said:

Wrong is wrong...That's why whataboutism is good.

If something is wrong, it's easy to argue against it.

You're trying to shift focus.  And you're still an asshole.

Trump was a horrible person.  And you're a shameless Trump supporter.

1 minute ago, Grrr... said:

If something is wrong, it's easy to argue against it.

You're trying to shift focus.  And you're still an asshole.

Trump was a horrible person.  And you're a shameless Trump supporter.

Whataboutism does shift the focus but it doesn't change the subject.

Trump is an asshole and I have said so numerous times here.  

BTW....Biden is an asshole too.

5 minutes ago, Dog said:

BTW....Biden is an asshole too.

Whataboutism.

Whataboutism is used by people to excuse current misdeeds, by stating the opposition did it, too/first/worse.

I find it pathetic that people employ it to support their team in doing what they object to the other team doing.

29 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Whataboutism is used by people to excuse current misdeeds, by stating the opposition did it, too/first/worse.

I find it pathetic that people employ it to support their team in doing what they object to the other team doing.

I find it pathetic that people invoke whataboutism to discourage the light being turned on themselves.

2 hours ago, Dog said:

I find it pathetic that people invoke whataboutism to discourage the light being turned on themselves.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Holy fucking logic-loop batman.

It's pointed out that dog is supporting misdeeds.  Dog uses whataboutism to change the topic to someone elses misdeeds so he doesn't have to address his own issues.  Dog then accuses people of not wanting to look at their own problems.

Jesus.

CRM 2011 Plugins – Avoiding Infinite Loops | Magnetism Solutions | NZ  (Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin)

40 minutes ago, VhmSays said:

What about parler?

Hey @Dog"all your data are belong to russia"

Did you upload a government issued ID, your SS and bank details or waiting till the Russians start hosting?

1165484325_beRussian.jpg.4128a8624ebbdc643aa5e8341949932c.jpg

I've never visited Parler.

BTW...How did Russia come to own data from Parler? 

11 hours ago, Rain Man said:

I hope that doesn't continue.  Much as I think the content on Parler needed to be reigned in, I don't think the CEO and his family should be threatened. 

Why?

They are one of the leading threats to our shared way of life.

5 hours ago, Grrr... said:
5 hours ago, Dog said:

All the while lying in every imaginable way to support him.

BTW....Biden is an asshole too. but I will lie in every imaginable way to undermine him.

Whataboutism.

FTFY

3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:
11 hours ago, Rain Man said:

I hope that doesn't continue.  Much as I think the content on Parler needed to be reigned in, I don't think the CEO and his family should be threatened. 

Why?

"When you fuck with the bull, you get the horn."

I don't have a lot of sympathy for him, stirring up enraged gun-nutz and handing them a megaphone to scream their hatred and their fantasies of violence is basically a very stupid thing as well as destructive to his community.

- DSK

12 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Why?

I was too general.  The CEO himself is fair game, his wife and family may be unwitting associates to the Parler misdeeds.  If his wife fully supported what Parler was doing, she deserves it, but we have no way of knowing that.  There are lots of photos of her wearing Parler merch and handling weapons but I don't know if that is enough to definitively say she supported it.  This might be giving her the benefit of a doubt she doesn't deserve, but still.

Having said that, uttering threats against a person is probably illegal. 

Gab.com is claiming they have 30 million new users in the last two weeks, and that they are coming from Parler and Twitter.  They also said they have 6 full-time employees.  

I guess content moderation isn't going to be happening there either.  They claim to be intolerant of speech inciting violence or illegal activities, but they appear to back the insurrection at the Capitol, and hope for more of these actions, to stop the spread of "communism".

Unlike Parler, which outwardly appeared to be politically neutral, Gab.com makes it very clear that only right wing users are welcome.  They claim to be supporting "free speech", but what they really mean is "right wing speech".  

It won't be long before the hate starts to appear there.  

On 1/23/2021 at 11:57 PM, Rain Man said:

Gab.com is claiming they have 30 million new users in the last two weeks, and that they are coming from Parler and Twitter.  They also said they have 6 full-time employees.  

I guess content moderation isn't going to be happening there either.  They claim to be intolerant of speech inciting violence or illegal activities, but they appear to back the insurrection at the Capitol, How do they appear to support the assholes who attacked the capitol? and hope for more of these actions, to stop the spread of "communism".

Unlike Parler, which outwardly appeared to be politically neutral, Gab.com makes it very clear that only right wing users are welcome.  Really, how do they make it clear only right wingers are welcome?  They claim to be supporting "free speech", but what they really mean is "right wing speech".  

It won't be long before the hate starts to appear there.  

3 hours ago, Dog said:

Get an account there and go down through the posts from Andrew Torba, the site owner, during the time of the insurrection attack.  I can't see them anymore because they are off the front page, and I can't scroll down past the first few of his posts without an account. 

His take on the site is "this is the place for Christian Patriots.  Come hither all ye who lost their Parler accounts or were banned from FB and Twitter for lying your asses off about the election."

The front page was also covered in Q drops a couple of weeks ago.  Sorry I didn't capture it all.

1 minute ago, VhmSays said:

How much do you want to bet that the intelligence agencies told him exactly what his supporters were ready to do and how little would set them off.

He stopped listening to them months ago.  

So @Dog , go check out this post on the front page of Gab today:

image.png.7e5b14c84d456d56e23ae67b27ac7c4f.png

Andrew Torba sees Gab as the digital beginning of a new Christian society, separate from the communism taking over the western world.  He believes that Christians need their own internet, economy and so on.  Won't be long before he starts saying they need their own land and military.  

In other words, Gilead.   Margaret Atwood totally called it.  And now this whack job has all the Parler nutjobs as his audience, including all the gullible Q's looking for a new thing to be part of.  

As someone said a while back - they can have Floriduh.

Lots of them are already there - maybe even a majority. If they get too crowded it'll be easy to add Alabama to them.

More from the Parler Gab front page:

image.png.dd0c207aaabf4a7707526bc119ec5583.png

I do agree with one thing - some of the mods on Wiki are losers.  I made a wiki page for my WWII hero uncle and one of the lower-level mods flagged it for deletion claiming that he wasn't important enough.    Luckily a more senior mod overruled the loser mod.  

6 hours ago, Rain Man said:

More from the Parler Gab front page:

image.png.dd0c207aaabf4a7707526bc119ec5583.png

I do agree with one thing - some of the mods on Wiki are losers.  I made a wiki page for my WWII hero uncle and one of the lower-level mods flagged it for deletion claiming that he wasn't important enough.    Luckily a more senior mod overruled the loser mod.  

"Not important enough," seriously? No doubt they were posting their opinions from their moms basement

- DSK

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Pedagogical Tom said:

Ironic that, instead of focusing on getting its moderation act together, Parler's first major move was to sign up with a DDOS protection company based in Russia.  

In any case, I think Parler is done, and Gab is the new home of the alt-right.

While this may be an over-reach, it is not surprising that people are being sacked for having accounts on alt-right websites.  Torba can't have it both ways - he can't advocate for the creation of a segregated Christian patriot society on the front page of his website, label everyone who doesn't share his views as Communist, promote right wing extremist views, then expect that people who buy into his whacko fantasy don't suffer some consequences.

Oh, but it's just "free speech".

image.png.18008e1a4202b24c45e0aea5f4e768bb.png

On 1/26/2021 at 11:20 PM, Rain Man said:

While this may be an over-reach, it is not surprising that people are being sacked for having accounts on alt-right websites.  Torba can't have it both ways - he can't advocate for the creation of a segregated Christian patriot society on the front page of his website, label everyone who doesn't share his views as Communist, promote right wing extremist views, then expect that people who buy into his whacko fantasy don't suffer some consequences.

Oh, but it's just "free speech".

image.png.18008e1a4202b24c45e0aea5f4e768bb.png

Was Oefelein having fun? This might matter.

7 hours ago, Pedagogical Tom said:

Was Oefelein having fun? This might matter.

The train has left the station, unfortunately for Mr. Torba.  He has branded his site as alt-right friendly.  That association is not going away no matter how many times he repeats "it is just free speech".

If you make an account there, and have a shred of intelligence, you are accepting the consequences and associating yourself with the alt-right.   It was the same with Parler.  I saw people posting stuff on FB that they grabbed off of Parler without thinking about how people would view that.  Strangely, I never saw anything that wasn't RWNJ, anti-mask or QAnon come from there.  Imagine that.

Case in point: Gab's front page has a news feed (called the "Dissenter" - I doubt Torba knows enough history to realize how ironic that is) which is almost exclusively RW to alt-right propaganda extracted from everyone's favorite RW "news" sites.

Torba refuses to moderate racist and hate speech.  I give the site 6 months before a lawsuit takes it out, or a mass-shooting takes place by someone that was receiving encouragement on Gab.  

Do you have a Gab account? 

2 hours ago, Rain Man said:

The train has left the station, unfortunately for Mr. Torba. 

Do you have a Gab account? 

The article wasn't about Torba, as a reader would know.

If you wish to gossip about me, ask your question there in Tom Ray anarchy and I'll answer it, but don't see how it's relevant here.

21 minutes ago, Pedagogical Tom said:

The article wasn't about Torba, as a reader would know.

If you wish to gossip about me, ask your question there in Tom Ray anarchy and I'll answer it, but don't see how it's relevant here.

No intent to gossip, just wondering if you think a Gab account is a reasonable thing to have.  If you don't wish to disclose, you could simply let us know whether you would consider getting one, instead of whether you actually have one or not.   This issue in question is whether Gab is a general social media site or a site that is specifically associated with the alt-right, and anyone with an account there can be reasonably assumed to be associated with the alt-right. 

It was your decision to step into the discussion of Ms. Ofelein.  Do you now wish to step out of that discussion?

1 hour ago, Rain Man said:

No intent to gossip, just wondering if you think a Gab account is a reasonable thing to have.  If you don't wish to disclose, you could simply let us know whether you would consider getting one, instead of whether you actually have one or not.   This issue in question is whether Gab is a general social media site or a site that is specifically associated with the alt-right, and anyone with an account there can be reasonably assumed to be associated with the alt-right. 

It was your decision to step into the discussion of Ms. Ofelein.  Do you now wish to step out of that discussion?

He'll come back to this thread in six years with posts from another thread to prove something or other. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Rain Man said:

Well, OK. I don't have nor want one. I've carefully trained Facebook to show me stuff about boats, wildlife, history, and a few other things that interest me, and trained it that I will not react to anything political. I don't think Gab has anything but politics.

I differ with your reasonable assumption, though. I have an account on Free Republic and sometimes post, but mostly to annoy TeamR partisans in the same way I do TeamD partisans here. They, like their counterparts here, have figured out that I'm not on the Team.

To your last question, no. My link put it in a sarcastic way, but the question of whether participating in social media is "recreation" is a relevant one under some US state laws. Do you now wish to start discussing that?

14 hours ago, Pedagogical Tom said:

Well, OK. I don't have nor want one. I've carefully trained Facebook to show me stuff about boats, wildlife, history, and a few other things that interest me, and trained it that I will not react to anything political. I don't think Gab has anything but politics.

I differ with your reasonable assumption, though. I have an account on Free Republic and sometimes post, but mostly to annoy TeamR partisans in the same way I do TeamD partisans here. They, like their counterparts here, have figured out that I'm not on the Team.

To your last question, no. My link put it in a sarcastic way, but the question of whether participating in social media is "recreation" is a relevant one under some US state laws. Do you now wish to start discussing that?

Thanks for the answer.  I suspect that my opinion does not matter when it comes to whether using social media is recreation or not.  But, FWIW, my opinion is that using social media is both recreation, and not.   I use social media for work, and for recreational reasons.  

The other question is: what defines social media?  I use stackoverflow a lot in my programming work.  Is that social media?  It certainly isn't recreational.  

In any case, I am wondering what will happen when a politically-motivated shooting occurs that is posted and/or encouraged on Gab.  Sure, it could happen in FB and Twitter and the others, but on Gab, it will not be moderated.

8 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

In any case, I am wondering what will happen when a politically-motivated shooting occurs that is posted and/or encouraged on Gab.  Sure, it could happen in FB and Twitter and the others, but on Gab, it will not be moderated.

An ongoing preview of what will happen has been around for a while. It's called 4chan. It's a zoo and I don't recommend a visit. Can't be unseen.

However, I'd point out that eliminating Section 230 will mean forums like this one must take responsibility for what we all say if there is any moderation/editing of content by the owners. So we'll get much more moderation, or (probably the safer choice) none at all. And become 4chan. We need to keep 230 because the alternatives are way worse.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Rain Man said:

The dude that runs Gab wants to establish Christians as the Master Race:

image.png.c0d91936d1443e984a606aca102e362c.png

Subtext:  but it does have religious and political boundaries....

Interesting that he thinks "the left" is a religion that excludes Christians. If you can call that "thinking". 

On 1/29/2021 at 8:35 PM, Rain Man said:

I am wondering what will happen when a politically-motivated shooting occurs that is posted and/or encouraged on Gab.  Sure, it could happen in FB and Twitter and the others, but on Gab, it will not be moderated.

You mean "again", don't you? 

Tree of Life Synagogue.  "Screw your optics. I'm going in."

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

Torba (Gab CEO) has lost his shit and is advocating for the creation of Jesusland:  

https://news.gab.com/2021/02/01/the-silent-christian-secession/

A bank dropped them, a server company didn't want their business, a software company told them to shove it, and his accountant walked, .

Best quote from the above article - YCMTSU:

"Our Christian “kindness” and “tolerance” have fueled our own destruction and have been weaponized against us. Tolerance is not a Christian virtue. We are commanded to hate that which is evil (Psalm 97:10, Romans 12:9) not to fund it and give our time to it."

4 hours ago, Rain Man said:

Best quote from the above article - YCMTSU:

"Our Christian “kindness” and “tolerance” have fueled our own destruction and have been weaponized against us. Tolerance is not a Christian virtue. We are commanded to hate that which is evil (Psalm 97:10, Romans 12:9) not to fund it and give our time to it."

I'm admittedly no expert, but that does not sound like the teachings of Christ.

21 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

The only thing more hateful and scary than Our Father is their Mullah. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

It’s Old Testament fire and brimstone stuff, not that commie New Testament(Christian) stuff.

4 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

It’s Old Testament fire and brimstone stuff, not that commie New Testament(Christian) stuff.

Yeah.  My CCD lessons weren't all for naught.

It's this "Cafeteria Christianity", in which they pick and choose which verse matters and which doesn't, that makes me shake my head in pity.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Raz'r said:
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Psalms is Old Testament and it gets. Many of them were written by King David and then Solomon.

Isn't "Romans" part of The Apostle Paul's writing? He was the ancient Middle Eastern equivalent of a hanging judge before he SAW THE LIGHT and became an Apostle. He never met Jesus and argued with the remaining Disciples about Christ's teachings, including kicking Jesus brother James out of his own church and removing James The Brother's gospel from our Bible.

Pretty much all of the intolerant bigotry in Christianity is justified by A. Paul's "teachings." I've always felt he was the back-then equivalent of an asshole TV preacher, but that's just my interpretation.

- DSK

2 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Parler CEO terminated. Too ad so sad!  Maybe he should have taken Amazon up on its offer to build algorithms to weed out the QAnon and white supremacists.

https://www.ozarksfirst.com/local-news/national-news/parler-ceo-john-matze-says-hes-been-terminated-by-board-i-did-not-participate-in-this-decision/

Gab will snap him up.  You heard it here first.

Interesting story on Parler and the TrumpOrg.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/02/parler-offered-trump-organization-stake-social-media.html

snip

Parler, the social network that is popular among members of the far-right, was well aware that having then-President Donald Trump as a user was going to do wonders for its popularity. And it was ready to woo him with a strategy that appealed to the president who often touted his supposed ability to close business deals. As part of talks to make Parler Trump’s primary social network, the company ended up offering the Trump Organization a 40% stake in the company, reports BuzzFeed News. As part of the deal, Trump would commit to posting everything on Parler first and waiting at least four hours before posting it on any other platform.

snip

As soon as it got word of the negotiations, the White House counsel’s office immediately put the brakes on the talks, warning that any deal would violate ethics rules. But the discussions restarted after Trump lost reelection. All talk apparently stopped after the Capitol riot and both Google and Apple removed Parler from their app stores. It was later taken offline when Amazon decided to stop hosting it.

There are rumours that Parler will be resurrected in a few days.  Meantime, Gab CEO Torba is throwing shade on Parler on the front page of Gab.  Looks like there will be competition for the tiny, cold hearts, and non-existent minds of the extreme right.

10 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

There are rumours that Parler will be resurrected in a few days.  Meantime, Gab CEO Torba is throwing shade on Parler on the front page of Gab.  Looks like there will be competition for the tiny, cold hearts, and non-existent minds of the extreme right.

Good. They can focus on their internecine squabbles and kill each other. 

Parler is back on-line today.  The RWNJ and Q-batshit crazies can once again feed their paranoia.

New community guidelines here:  https://legal.parler.com/documents/guidelines.pdf

For the TL;DR crowd, they are taking the same approach as Gab: users curate their own experience - don't like what someone is saying just block them.  They are relying on the community to report behaviour in violation of the guidelines.  What is banned is anything illegal, terrorist, pedo, someone's IP.

In other words, they haven't fixed their moderation problems. 

7 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

Parler is back on-line today.  The RWNJ and Q-batshit crazies can once again feed their paranoia.

New community guidelines here:  https://legal.parler.com/documents/guidelines.pdf

For the TL;DR crowd, they are taking the same approach as Gab: users curate their own experience - don't like what someone is saying just block them.  They are relying on the community to report behaviour in violation of the guidelines.  What is banned is anything illegal, terrorist, pedo, someone's IP.

Moderate is not a word they comprehend, as a noun, verb or adjective.

26 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

That didn't last very long...

image.thumb.png.b27b85b3e9583d789cc4253a1b99eda3.png

26 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

[snip]

Much like SA then, isn't it?

Except we don't have a ban on terrorism ... oh, well. :ph34r:

Worked for me.

Community Guidelines2/14/2021Our Guidelines govern your relationship with Parler, your use of Parler, as well as your access to our services and products. By accessing Parler, you agree to these terms. These Guidelines are designed to enable productive,polite discourse among people with differing interests,lifeexperiences, and viewpoints.Our goal is to provide all community memberswith a welcoming, nonpartisan Public Square. While the First Amendment does not apply to private companies such asParler,our mission is to create a social platform in the spiritof the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.We prefer that removing usersoruser-provided content bekept to the absolute minimum. We prefer to leave decisions about what is seen and who is heardtoeach individual. In no case will Parlerdecidewhat willcontentbe removed or filtered, or whose accountwill be removed, on the basis of the opinionexpressed within the content at issue. Parler’s policies are, to use a well-known concept in First Amendment law, viewpoint-neutral. Wedo not curate your feed; we do not pretend to be qualified to do so.We believe only you are qualified to curate your feed, and sowe give you the tools you need to do it yourself. To that end, Parler offers a number of featuresincluding the ability to mute or block other users, or to mute or block all comments containing terms of yourchoiceand we encourage you to use these toolswhenever the content you would rather not encounter here, is not otherwise addressed by what follows.At Parler, we’re committed to continuous improvement toward fulfilling our mission. Accordingly, these Guidelines are subject to modification,unilaterally by Parler,at any time. Principle #1: Parler will notknowinglyallow itself to be used as a tool for crime, civil torts, or other unlawfulacts.We will removereportedusercontent that a reasonable and objective observer would believe constitutes or evidences such activity. We may also remove the accounts of userswho use our platform in this way.Sometimes the law properly requires us to exclude content from our platform once it is reported tous or toour Community Jurycontent we would make it a priority to exclude anyway. Obvious examplesinclude: child sexual abuse material, content posted by or on behalf ofterrorist organizations, intellectual property theft. However,evenwhenthe law may not require us to flag or