Maybe Storming The Capitol Wasn't Such A Good Idea

6 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

"A lot"? I'd say at least 20%, like that AF dude in Cali who killed two police and was aiming for more . . 

And the media was all over it . .  how quickly you forget !!

Here is the AP . .  

But tucked into the protest-related cases are accusations of far-right extremism and racism as well.

John Malcolm Bareswill, angry that a local Black church held a prayer vigil for George Floyd, called the church and threatened to burn it to the ground, using racial slurs in a phone call overheard by children, prosecutors said. Bareswill, 63, of Virginia Beach, faces 10 years in prison after pleading guilty to making a telephonic threat.

Two Missouri militia members who authorities say traveled to Kenosha, Wisconsin, to see Trump’s visit in the wake of the police shooting of Jacob Blake were arrested at a hotel in September with a cache of guns, according to court documents. An attorney for one of the men, Michael Karmo, said he is “charged criminally for conduct that many Americans would consider patriotic,” as authorities have alleged his motive was to assist overwhelmed law enforcement.

Three of the men arrested are far-right extremists, members of the “Boogaloo” movement plotting to overthrow the government and had been stockpiling military-grade weapons and hunting around for the right public event to unleash violence for weeks before Floyd’s death, according to court documents.

After aborting a mission related to reopening businesses in Nevada as the coronavirus pandemic raged, they settled on a Floyd-related protest led by Black Lives Matter. Angry it had not turned violent, they brought carloads of explosives, military-grade weapons, to a meet-up about 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) from the protest site and pumped gasoline into tanks. FBI agents arrested them before they could act, according to a criminal complaint.

What the fuck does any of those articles have to do with "infiltrators" masquerading as BLM protestors?????  They had planned to clash with the BLM folks, not "pretend" they were BLM folks.  

You get a D- on your homework for poor citations and lazy reasoning.  Go back and redo your assignment.  If this shoddy academic effort on your part continues, you'll be talking to the Dean soon.  Now git.....

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks take great pride in their ignorance and go out of their way to flaunt it, even to exaggerate it. They like to show it off like they are wearing a lair of the latest Air Jordans. I don't get

You are talking about folks that were taking selfies, some with their company IDs hanging from their necks. Burner phones to cover their tracks?  I'm surprised they didn't order delivered pizzas

The judge was rather eloquent in his denial of bail.   https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2021/02/22/marion-county-couple-accused-of-plotting-with-oath-keepers-during-capitol-riot-denied-bai

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Burning Man said:

WHY the fuck has she not been expelled from the House already???  Seems like a simple majority vote and she's gone.  

So many simple things that could have been fixed with 'checks and balances' and a simple majority vote...............and yet, absolutely nothing for 4 years.

Corruption, fear, or apathy??

3 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Head of the Proud Boys was an FBI informant. From fraudster to terrorist. 

But I thought you were the FBI's biggest fan.  Wow. :huh:

3 hours ago, benwynn said:

I'm stealing this:

10 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Jeff's a few cartridges short of a bandolier.

I missed that.  That's a good one too.  

5 hours ago, Burning Man said:

You get a D- on your homework for poor citations and lazy reasoning.  Go back and redo your assignment.  If this shoddy academic effort on your part continues, you'll be talking to the Dean soon.  Now git.....

For a change, you are mostly right - that source above is not the best. But there are hundreds of others . .  

such as this . . https://docs.house.gov/meetings/JU/JU00/20200610/110775/HHRG-116-JU00-20200610-SD019.pdf

You don't even know what an agent provocateur is, do you ?

3 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

For a change, you are mostly right - that source above is not the best. But there are hundreds of others . .  

such as this . . https://docs.house.gov/meetings/JU/JU00/20200610/110775/HHRG-116-JU00-20200610-SD019.pdf

You don't even know what an agent provocateur is, do you ?

110471_ecom_02.jpg

https://www.agentprovocateur.com/us_en/new-in

What do I win?

• Like 1

now we find out that a second officer has committed suicide in the wake of the insurrection, making it three dead Capitol policemen that bullshitters try to overlook when bullshitting about Trump's foot soldiers. 

Florida Cop Fired Over Racism and Support for Capitol Riot...and Because Bigots Never Learn to Delete Their Facebook

In one post, Johnson shared a meme on his Facebook page with the words “BLM Activists in Wisconsin paint street mural in support of Jacob Blake,” emblazoned next to a photo of a handicapped parking spot. 

At first, I didn’t get the handicapped parking spot thing, and then I remembered that Blake’s wounds left him paralyzed from the waist down and I thought: “Ahhh, so Johnson is a racist and ableist supporter of police brutality and treasonous insurrection. Somewhere someone is playing KKK Cop Bingo and is now turning in their scorecard for a $40 Walmart gift card.

28 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

now we find out that a second officer has committed suicide in the wake of the insurrection, making it three dead Capitol policemen that bullshitters try to overlook when bullshitting about Trump's foot soldiers. 

69 or so got covid too...  

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Head of the Proud Boys was an FBI informant. From fraudster to terrorist. 

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/536086-proud-boys-leader-has-been-informant-for-law-enforcement-since

I wonder how soon they'll find his body in a ditch?

59 minutes ago, Mike G said:

A few rounds short of a clip?

Only lefty/collectivist ignoramuses call them "clips".

The pedantically correct terminological exactitude is "Mag" or magazine.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Or those that like to mock the pedantic.

1 hour ago, Mike G said:

The plot gets thicker..

https://sethabramson.substack.com/p/january-5-meeting-at-trump-international

In attendance at the large and only recently uncovered meeting, conducted “in the private residence of the President” at his hotel, were, according to Herbster’s account, the following individuals (Note: Donald Trump’s presence at the meeting, either in person or via speakerphone, as yet remains unclear, so his name is temporarily absent from this listing):

• Donald Trump Jr., eldest son of the president

• Eric Trump, second-eldest son of the president

• Michael Flynn, former National Security Advisor to the president

• Peter Navarro, Assistant to the President, Director of Trade and Manufacturing Policy, and National Defense Production Act Policy Coordinator

• Corey Lewandowski, 2016 Trump campaign manager

• David Bossie, 2016 Trump deputy campaign manager

• Adam Piper, executive director of the Republican Attorneys General Association

• Tommy Tuberville, United States senator from the State of Alabama

According to research by political strategist and regular CNN, MSNBC, The Hill, CBS, and Fox News contributor Cheri Jacobus, Txtwire CEO Daniel Beck claims he was at the January 5 meeting also, and that additional attendees at the gathering included the following three people:

• Rudy Giuliani, personal attorney to the President of the United States

• Kimberly Guilfoyle, girlfriend of Donald Trump Jr.

• Michael Lindell, Trump donor and MyPillow CEO

41 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Or those that like to mock the pedantic.

Gun nutterz are immune to mockery and irony.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Gun nutterz are immune to mockery and irony.

Actually...  both clips and magazines hold cartridges...  :ph34r:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, roundthebuoys said:

Worst party ever except all the the hookers and blow.

Sounds like the best party ever.  

3 hours ago, weightless said:

Clips go in from the top of the weapon (M-1), magazines go in from the bottom (M-14, M-16, AK, etc).

1 hour ago, hobie1616 said:
4 hours ago, weightless said:

Clips go in from the top of the weapon (M-1), magazines go in from the bottom (M-14, M-16, AK, etc).

Oh yeah, that's Linnaean taxonomy, isn't it?

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

How many things has dog said are reprehensible, but doesn't care and still goes full MAGA with weasel words?

About 75% of his total fecal output. 

Update from our favorite real estate agent, Jenna Ryan.  She appears to be seriously delusional.

Despite creating what appeared to be appeals for legal defense funds, Ryan tweeted that she wasn’t hard-up for help.

“Take a secret? I really don't need the donations,” she wrote in a since-deleted tweet. “I was just giving people the opportunity to contribute and be blessed by their giving. Whoever donates to me is going to be blessed beyond measure.” 

Saturday, in another deleted tweet, Ryan posted about spending $800 on lobster, steak and Champagne. (Although to her credit, she said she paid $400 for a bottle of bubbly that she thought was $100.) In late December, she also tweeted-then-deleted that she didn’t need another stimulus check from the federal government because she has “plenty of money” and is “abundantly blessed," according to an image of the post shared by Brooks.

Brooks widely circulated these tweets and accused the broker of conducting a scam, calling her move to ask for donations “disgusting” and “arrogant.” But Ryan said she merely provided a donation outlet for supporters who asked her if they could help.

“I’m not a desperado over here; it’s not like I can’t make my own attorney’s fees,” she told the Observer. “I will have to work extra hard to do so.”

Ryan said she’s a "tough cookie" who is a “beautiful person inside and out;" she also says she is innocent. The FBI has charged her with disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds and knowingly entering or remaining in a restricted building or grounds without lawful authority. 

“Cancel culture” has become a serious problem, Ryan said, who believes she is being censored. 

Eventually, she will “come out on top” because she has integrity, empathy and skills, she said. 

“Unless people want to put me in a concentration camp and kill me, that’s about the only thing you can do,” she said. “But if you put me in a concentration camp and do all these crazy things that they’re asking be done to me, then it’s going to happen to all of us. It’s just a matter of time.”

Her Twitter account had a post in September about her having violated Facebook’s Community Standards for a post in which she said, “Heil Hitler.” Ryan went on to write that “independent thought is a No No on Facebook” and that their move to remove her post “makes me want to say Heil Hitler even louder.”

“I’m against Hitler; I’m against Nazi Germany; I’m against people being killed,” she said. “But the way I’m being treated right now is how they treated the Jews.”

Her Twitter account included a post in support of Kyle Rittenhouse, the Illinois teen who was charged with fatally shooting two Black Lives Matter protesters last summer. She also told the Observer that she “loves Kyle Rittenhouse.”

The tweet on her account was a meme of a victim of Rittenhouse with the words “Shoot me nigga, shoot me nigga.”

Ryan has flirted with a run for office and counts herself a member of the burgeoning pro-Trump Patriot Party. But now, she said she’s putting politics on the back burner, opting instead to pursue a singing career.

1 hour ago, hobie1616 said:

Update from our favorite real estate agent, Jenna Ryan.  She appears to be seriously delusional.

Despite creating what appeared to be appeals for legal defense funds, Ryan tweeted that she wasn’t hard-up for help.

“Take a secret? I really don't need the donations,” she wrote in a since-deleted tweet. “I was just giving people the opportunity to contribute and be blessed by their giving. Whoever donates to me is going to be blessed beyond measure.” 

Saturday, in another deleted tweet, Ryan posted about spending $800 on lobster, steak and Champagne. (Although to her credit, she said she paid $400 for a bottle of bubbly that she thought was $100.) In late December, she also tweeted-then-deleted that she didn’t need another stimulus check from the federal government because she has “plenty of money” and is “abundantly blessed," according to an image of the post shared by Brooks.

Brooks widely circulated these tweets and accused the broker of conducting a scam, calling her move to ask for donations “disgusting” and “arrogant.” But Ryan said she merely provided a donation outlet for supporters who asked her if they could help.

“I’m not a desperado over here; it’s not like I can’t make my own attorney’s fees,” she told the Observer. “I will have to work extra hard to do so.”

Ryan said she’s a "tough cookie" who is a “beautiful person inside and out;" she also says she is innocent. The FBI has charged her with disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds and knowingly entering or remaining in a restricted building or grounds without lawful authority. 

“Cancel culture” has become a serious problem, Ryan said, who believes she is being censored. 

Eventually, she will “come out on top” because she has integrity, empathy and skills, she said. 

“Unless people want to put me in a concentration camp and kill me, that’s about the only thing you can do,” she said. “But if you put me in a concentration camp and do all these crazy things that they’re asking be done to me, then it’s going to happen to all of us. It’s just a matter of time.”

Her Twitter account had a post in September about her having violated Facebook’s Community Standards for a post in which she said, “Heil Hitler.” Ryan went on to write that “independent thought is a No No on Facebook” and that their move to remove her post “makes me want to say Heil Hitler even louder.”

“I’m against Hitler; I’m against Nazi Germany; I’m against people being killed,” she said. “But the way I’m being treated right now is how they treated the Jews.”

Her Twitter account included a post in support of Kyle Rittenhouse, the Illinois teen who was charged with fatally shooting two Black Lives Matter protesters last summer. She also told the Observer that she “loves Kyle Rittenhouse.”

The tweet on her account was a meme of a victim of Rittenhouse with the words “Shoot me nigga, shoot me nigga.”

Ryan has flirted with a run for office and counts herself a member of the burgeoning pro-Trump Patriot Party. But now, she said she’s putting politics on the back burner, opting instead to pursue a singing career.

Was she at that January 5th meeting with Don Jr and some of the Trump insiders and insurrectionists?

A song about that could be her greatest hit

- DSK

19 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Was she at that January 5th meeting with Don Jr and some of the Trump insiders and insurrectionists?

A song about that could be her greatest hit

- DSK

I wonder if jail cells have the same reverb qualities as bathrooms for recording.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Ishmael said:

About 75% of his total fecal output. 

High praise.

I'd put it at 100%

He's lying scum.

3 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

The way some of that is worded, I'm starting to think that maybe Venom is actually Jenna Ryan.

1 minute ago, benwynn said:

The way some of that is worded, I'm starting to think that maybe Venom is actually Jenna Ryan.

Parts of her, maybe. The asshole for sure. 

26 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Parts of her, maybe. The asshole for sure. 

“But the way I’m being treated right now is how they treated the Jews.”

Oh yeah... Because when I think being censored on Facebook, I think being starved and gassed to death. 

So when you order a MAGA hat, do they include a "How to Be a Victim" pamphlet?  It's an ongoing pattern so there must be manual they are working off of.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, benwynn said:

“But the way I’m being treated right now is how they treated the Jews.”

Oh yeah... Because when I think being censored on Facebook, I think being starved and gassed to death. 

So when you order a MAGA hat, do they include a "How to Be a Victim" pamphlet?  It's an ongoing pattern so there must be manual they are working off of.

I never want to go back to Auschwitz,  but I would go again if she had to join me.

I wonder if she would change her tune when she sees the room full of bales of human hair.

cunt

On 1/27/2021 at 4:06 PM, hobie1616 said:

Clips are used to speed the loading of magazines, whether or not the mag is internal or external and/or detachable. Speeds the loading of blow-in ads too, or so I've heard. 

• Like 1

Chief federal judge in DC scorches Capitol riot suspects and keeps man who was in Pelosi's office in jail

The judge noted that Barnett had bragged to a reporter that he had written "a nasty note, put my feet up on her desk and scratched my balls" in Pelosi's office. Barnett's lawyer says he hadn't seen the report of that quote from his client in The Washington Post.

8 hours ago, BrickTopHarry said:

I don't know how many times I heard it asked, "How did so many Germans get sucked in my Hitler?"  But now we see for ourselves how this kind of thing happens.  It's like the preacher who claims to heal people.  Believers gotta believe a better life is out there for them or they will have to face the fact their lives suck.

• Like 2

Yeah, and as Chris Hayes pointed out tonight  . . 

LOE of any sort has yet to hold a press conference, or issue a report, on the events of Jan 6th 

WTF  ?? 

7 hours ago, benwynn said:

Naaa... she's too smart.

1 hour ago, Not for nothing said:

The QAnon Shaman says he's wiling to testify at Trump's impeachment trial - against the president

Mark Morton et al. wearing costumes: Jacob Chansley, the "Q Shaman," was one of several protesters to confront Capitol police officers at the US Capitol on January 6, 2021, in Washington, DC. - Demonstrators breached security and entered the Capitol as Congress debated the a 2020 presidential election Electoral Vote Certification. SAUL LOEB/AFP via Getty Images

The gift that just keeps on giving.

"Hey thanks a heap, Shaman.  Hey...  If you could do us a favor... Could you show up at trial with face paint and dressed up like a fucking water buffalo?   Because it just screams the look of credibility we strive for."

Fucking moron. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Not for nothing said:

The QAnon Shaman says he's wiling to testify at Trump's impeachment trial - against the president

Mark Morton et al. wearing costumes: Jacob Chansley, the "Q Shaman," was one of several protesters to confront Capitol police officers at the US Capitol on January 6, 2021, in Washington, DC. - Demonstrators breached security and entered the Capitol as Congress debated the a 2020 presidential election Electoral Vote Certification. SAUL LOEB/AFP via Getty Images

Fucking scary Dude!

The guards must have been pissing themselves. :blink:

tenor.gif

Body Camera Footage Shows Capitol Rioters Trampling Over Woman

As 34-year-old Rosanne Boyland lay dying on the steps of the Capitol on Jan. 6 after being crushed by a mob, fellow rioters were charging over her to attack police officers with crutches, a hockey stick and pepper spray, new police body camera footage shows. Video obtained by The Times provides a previously unpublished view of the brutal fight between rioters and officers at a central entryway on the west side of the Capitol — the same one that President Biden used to descend to his inauguration ceremony two weeks later. The footage shows how rioters, in their effort to attack the police, trampled on Ms. Boyland even as her friend, Justin Winchell, shouted that she was dying and needed help.

As 34-year-old Rosanne Boyland lay dying on the steps of the Capitol on Jan. 6 after being crushed by a mob, fellow rioters were charging over her

Does anybody really care?

I've been saying for a long time that we need to stop interfering with Darwins work.

• Like 1

As 34-year-old Rosanne Boyland lay dying on the steps of the Capitol on Jan. 6 after being crushed by a mob, fellow rioters were charging over her to attack police officers with crutches, a hockey stick and pepper spray, new police body camera footage shows. Video obtained by The Times provides a previously unpublished view of the brutal fight between rioters and officers at a central entryway on the west side of the Capitol — the same one that President Biden used to descend to his inauguration ceremony two weeks later. The footage shows how rioters, in their effort to attack the police, trampled on Ms. Boyland even as her friend, Justin Winchell, shouted that she was dying and needed help.

I thought they were just taking selfies.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

there were only 82 of them, this is fake news.

8 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Dems have control of stuff this time around right??  Shumer better march all of those fucksticks in front of the chamber to reenact their goings on that day...  

Just now, Raz'r said:
10 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

there were only 82 of them, this is fake news.

And, they brought a "toy" gallows.  Maybe the flex cuffs were to better organize computer and power cords in the Congressional offices?

7 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Sure looks like more than 82 people.  And, they appear to be interested in moire than taking selfies.

Even if the gallows was a prop (it looks like a poorly thought out real gallows to me; we have lots of evidence that these guys were not strong in the planning department), there are lots of trees near the Capitol that could be used for a good lynching or three.

I suppose this is one of those times in which the Faithful are able to divine how the rhetoric being spewed by that mob was hyperbole, and not to be taken seriously.

It would be about this point when Happy Jack would have labeled "Hang Mike Pence!" as a rhetorical flourish. 

But, if the same type of shit came at a BLM protest, it'd be a threat.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Even if the gallows was a prop (it looks like a poorly thought out real gallows to me; we have lots of evidence that these guys were not strong in the planning department), there are lots of trees near the Capitol that could be used for a good lynching or three.

It looks to me like that gallows was capable of hanging someone. Sure it is not a typical gallows, but stick their neck in the noose and push their feet off the edge and it would work. I don't know why we are expected to dismiss the threat because it was not better constructed. Zip guns look ridiculous but can kill folks too. 

• Like 1

It can be dismissed by bullshitters trying to minimize the event.  Just like the selfie comment.  In reality it was made and brought there to make a point. And while some people can dismiss the lackadaisical effort by some of the assaults, there were some very motivated people there too trying to do some real damage.  Sad that an event that should cause the joining of all sides for a thorough investigation and thirst for justice for all has turned into an avoidance of respinsibility for some. 

6 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

it looks like a poorly thought out real gallows to me

Poorly thought out is pretty much the anthem of those pathetic loosers.

7 hours ago, Mike G said:

It can be dismissed by bullshitters trying to minimize the event.  Just like the selfie comment.  In reality it was made and brought there to make a point. And while some people can dismiss the lackadaisical effort by some of the assaults, there were some very motivated people there too trying to do some real damage.  Sad that an event that should cause the joining of all sides for a thorough investigation and thirst for justice for all has turned into an avoidance of respinsibility for some. 

The selfie comment was slightly worse than the toy gallows comment.  He might have been in the capitol that day.  It's pathetic, and to be honest he should be flicked. It's not a game with him.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

I'm not clicking, I have to sleep tonight. 

It was kind of refreshing.  People are paying $5 just to throw shade at her.  The comment on the first $5 donation I saw:

I spent $5 to call you out. You are a narcissistic con artist who gives life coach advice despite being a divorced loser. Wow, that was worth it. You are going to jail for a long time no matter what you raise, because you broke the law and were (stupid - sic) enough to video it. Bye bye

The next one:

Lol. Looks like this fund raising thing is going good for you. Maybe if you didn't brag about how wealthy you are, how successful your business is and post pictures of you riding around in private planes, people might give more. FYI "Patriots" don't engage in treason or participate in insurrections. I hope you rot in jail for the rest of your life for being the seditious traitor that you are.

The one after that:

Please put this donation towards something useful. Like one of these books: "Never Believe a Man Who Makes Fun of the Physically Disabled". "Don't Trust a Man Who is a Pathological Liar" "Never Trust a Man Who Insults a Congressional Medal of Honor Winner" "Never Trust a Man Who Slept With a (Porn - sic) Star while His Wife Was Pregnant With His Child"

• Like 1
4 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Note that in a number of these cases, local courts have released the Reichista perps with little or no bail . . 

but some federal courts are saying "Not so fast !!" 

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/20/fbi-evidence-capitol-insurrection-plan-460836

Obviously, this must be some conspiracy against the conspiracy nuts.

• Like 1