Maybe Storming The Capitol Wasn't Such A Good Idea

11 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

143639521_3759065954175368_7606186817810057948_n.jpg

Except, they're not even apologizing.

In some ways, the Republican Party has become like Irish Republican Army of the 1970s... unprincipled assholes who are cheerfully in bed with murderous psychos, grasping for more power simply because they WANT it rather than out of any intention to actually govern.

- DSK

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks take great pride in their ignorance and go out of their way to flaunt it, even to exaggerate it. They like to show it off like they are wearing a lair of the latest Air Jordans. I don't get

You are talking about folks that were taking selfies, some with their company IDs hanging from their necks. Burner phones to cover their tracks?  I'm surprised they didn't order delivered pizzas

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Fakenews said:

The only other full gamut grocery chain (other than Walmart) in FL is Winn Dixie and they didn’t get that name by accident (also they suck) I do frequent Fresh Mart, Whole Foods and Sprouts but when you need everything at once Publix is the choice, largely due to their employees.

Hitchcock’s. 

Grocery chain Publix says heiress not connected to company after report links her to Trump rally before riot

Publix posted a statement on Twitter saying, "Mrs. Fancelli is not an employee of Publix Super Markets, and is neither involved in our business operations, nor does she represent the company in any way. We cannot comment on Mrs. Fancelli’s actions."

But many on Twitter have criticized the statement as hollow and the hashtags #Publix and #BOYCOTTPUBLIX were trending Saturday.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

Grocery chain Publix says heiress not connected to company after report links her to Trump rally before riot

Publix posted a statement on Twitter saying, "Mrs. Fancelli is not an employee of Publix Super Markets, and is neither involved in our business operations, nor does she represent the company in any way. We cannot comment on Mrs. Fancelli’s actions."

But many on Twitter have criticized the statement as hollow and the hashtags #Publix and #BOYCOTTPUBLIX were trending Saturday.

Was just discussing that and a friend started bitching about boycotts being part of the "cancel culture of the libs".  I mentioned this, and he got quiet.

Trump calls for Goodyear boycott after company bans MAGA attire among employees

• Like 4

Cathy Anne Has The Answer For Insurrectionists: Throw The Nazis In Prison

“Hello! Put ’em in prison!” she told Che. “That’s where they should be, right? They’re Nazis. Actually, I think they’d like it. Prison’s got all the things white supremacists love: other white supremacists, drama, loungewear and chicken fingers. ... There, I solved it.”

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Except, they're not even apologizing.

In some ways, the Republican Party has become like Irish Republican Army of the 1970s... unprincipled assholes who are cheerfully in bed with murderous psychos, grasping for more power simply because they WANT it rather than out of any intention to actually govern.

- DSK

Hey, good thing you didn't say that over in CA. Someone would have taken strong exception...

FKT

13 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Except one is fascist, and one is not. 

I think we need to meet together over copious quantities of wine and seafood . . 

and thrash this out like the gentlemen we pretend to be. 

9 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Except one is fascist, and one is not. 

The system is indeed fascist with perhaps 1,000 oligarchs controlling both parties. 

You're merely a useful idiot perpetuating a half truth Oliver. Nothing more.

9 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Hey, good thing you didn't say that over in CA. Someone would have taken strong exception...

FKT

My grandmother gave money to the IRA. The romantic ideal of the 1920s IRA kind of fades when you look at the indiscriminate murdering of the Provos and some of their other factions, and by the 1950s they were getting funded by the USSR... another effort to undermine and destabilize The West.

I tried to persuade her to stop and ended up on one of their mailing lists for suckers. Anybody who thinks blowing up children is a good way to achieve their goal does not deserve a chance to explain their goal IMHO.

And all that malevolent insanity is bottled up and slowly waning, currently... as much as I hope it will never emerge again, I'm sure it will.

- DSK

• Like 1

The White House was involved in the rally, prior to the Insurrection.  Kinda "grass-rootsy", eh?

I realize it is longer than a Tweet, and the Faithful are reading averse.  But, it's worth the read.

Key Takeaways From Trump’s Effort to Overturn the Election

A New York Times examination of the events that unfolded after the election shows how the president — enabled by Republican leaders, advised by conspiracy-minded lawyers and bankrolled by a new class of Trump-era donors — waged an extralegal campaign that convinced tens of millions of Americans the election had been stolen and made the deadly Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol almost inevitable.

26 minutes ago, basketcase said:

sorry if this fucktard has been posted before, its hard to keep up. still good for a laugh.......

When he says "I -LOVE- Donald Trump" that's all that needs to be said

- DSK

6 hours ago, Venom said:

The system is indeed fascist with perhaps 1,000 oligarchs controlling both parties. 

Can you provide some evidence for that assertion ?  A cite maybe ? 

Or is it as is usual for you  . . totally out the ol' Wazoo ?  

Hmmm, it sounds a little Alex Jones-y  . .  Could it be from there ?  

Honestly, making wild claims with zero supporting evidence is 

not the hallmark of a halfway bright person. 

1 hour ago, AJ Oliver said:

He didn't use an emoticon this time.  That's gotta be worth 6 or 7 IQ points right there. 

I have a legal question for Sol or other lawyers here. Most of those who 'visited' the Capitol have been charged with 

"knowingly entering or remaining in restricted building or grounds without lawful authority, violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds".

How serious is this? Will these innocent until proven guilty folks who are found guilty be publicly flogged on live TV? What about being told to behave more respectfully next time? Will they loose the right to bear arms (or bare arms) in a well-regulated militia?

Investigators recommend no charges for US Capitol Police officer accused of killing pro-Trump rioter during insurrection

Investigators have recommended that prosecutors decline to bring charges against a US Capitol Police officer in the shooting of a pro-Trump rioter who was killed during the insurrection, according to people familiar with the matter.

The shooting of pro-Trump rioter, Ashli Babbitt, remains under investigation by the DC Metropolitan Police, the US Attorney's Office in Washington, DC, and civil rights prosecutors, a routine process for shootings involving the Capitol Police. A final decision hasn't been made, the people familiar with the probe told CNN.

9 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

Investigators recommend no charges for US Capitol Police officer accused of killing pro-Trump rioter during insurrection

Investigators have recommended that prosecutors decline to bring charges against a US Capitol Police officer in the shooting of a pro-Trump rioter who was killed during the insurrection, according to people familiar with the matter.

The shooting of pro-Trump rioter, Ashli Babbitt, remains under investigation by the DC Metropolitan Police, the US Attorney's Office in Washington, DC, and civil rights prosecutors, a routine process for shootings involving the Capitol Police. A final decision hasn't been made, the people familiar with the probe told CNN.

This country is so screwed up that I can see most rioters/insurrectionists being given a slap in the wrist and the cop being indicted

2 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

I have a legal question for Sol or other lawyers here. Most of those who 'visited' the Capitol have been charged with 

"knowingly entering or remaining in restricted building or grounds without lawful authority, violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds".

How serious is this? Will these innocent until proven guilty folks who are found guilty be publicly flogged on live TV? What about being told to behave more respectfully next time? Will they loose the right to bear arms (or bare arms) in a well-regulated militia?

Not sure without looking up the statute, but I did find a discussion of it. 

https://www.washingtonian.com/2021/01/07/what-crimes-can-the-capitol-insurrectionists-be-charged-with/

On 1/28/2021 at 9:00 PM, Not for nothing said:

The QAnon Shaman says he's wiling to testify at Trump's impeachment trial - against the president

Mark Morton et al. wearing costumes: Jacob Chansley, the "Q Shaman," was one of several protesters to confront Capitol police officers at the US Capitol on January 6, 2021, in Washington, DC. - Demonstrators breached security and entered the Capitol as Congress debated the a 2020 presidential election Electoral Vote Certification. SAUL LOEB/AFP via Getty Images

I don't have a ton of sympathy for the douchetard ginger security guy wearing his mask around his chin.  Well, at least his beard is protected from COVID.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I don't have a ton of sympathy for the douchetard ginger security guy wearing his mask around his chin.  Well, at least his beard is protected from COVID.  

Hell, I would wear a mask with those guys even if there wasn't a pandemic going on. 

4 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

Some context would help. That was a pretty chaotic scene. It could have slipped. I get it though. Chin bras piss me off. 

hey dumb fuck, why bother?!  I can’t remember the last time I went to the store without thinking some version of that. 

10 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

I realize it is longer than a Tweet, and the Faithful are reading averse. 

By "faithful", you mean @Raz'r, @Olsonist and others here who constantly whine about TL;DR, right?

9 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

I don't have a ton of sympathy for the douchetard ginger security guy wearing his mask around his chin

They are known as "FreeNosers"

40 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Not sure without looking up the statute, but I did find a discussion of it. 

https://www.washingtonian.com/2021/01/07/what-crimes-can-the-capitol-insurrectionists-be-charged-with/

According to the restricted building charge, which everyone is getting at least in a starting point before more serious charges, you can get 10 years in jail.  Is being too stupid to know I shouldn't be here a valid defence?

12 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

At that moment in time the guy is probably wondering whether or not he is going to make it out of there alive. 

The bearded guy next to Jake Water Buffalo looks like he's contemplating life's choices.  Either that or he's trying to remember if he left his oven on. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, benwynn said:
18 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

At that moment in time the guy is probably wondering whether or not he is going to make it out of there alive. 

The bearded guy next to Jake Water Buffalo looks like he's contemplating life's choices.  Either that or he's trying to remember if he left his oven on. 

From both the looks and the actions of some of these guys, somebody in the crowd was passing out roofies

- DSK

2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

From both the looks and the actions of some of these guys, somebody in the crowd was passing out roofies

- DSK

Woodstock 2021. 

Meanwhile, Lindsey Graham weighs in on the Water Buffalo.  Accompanying illustration is mine:

"I cannot think of a better way to turn the upcoming impeachment trial into a complete circus than to call the QAnon Shaman as a witness on anything," Graham tweeted. 

5fc86f912300001614400ec1.png?cache=ujezh

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Seriously though....   I am trying to envision what is going on in that guard's head.   That is a practically hallowed place. NOTHING EVER goes to shit there.  It has to be one of the most boring jobs on planet earth.  I'm talking even more boring than @Venom's job at the laundromat.  Now, he is staring down a seemingly insane crowd, with a guy in fur and horns at the front.  It's a whip-saw of epic proportions. 

I'd be thinking, "I'm fucked. Paleoanthropological Tom was right.  I wish I had a dogballs and had attended some gatherings once or twice in a year (even though it's too hard) right about now. But even then I'm probably fucked."

6 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

By "faithful", you mean @Raz'r, @Olsonist and others here who constantly whine about TL;DR, right?

Jeff, I don't know if you know anything about writing; maybe your native tongue doesn't have a writing system and if that's the case, forgive my insensitivity. But your prose seems like an alligator dragging a calf underwater to drown it. Eventually the calf is going to die, in a few minutes. We know that it doesn't end well for the calf and that its remaining time is not going to be pleasant. But it'd be more humane (dunno if that's an alligator thing or not) to just get it over with.

Anyways, I read somewhere, maybe it was a correspondence course advertised on a matchbook cover, I can't remember, but putting your bottom line up front obeys the lesser known and still unratified Geneva Convention on Bad Writing. Who knows, maybe if you just said what you were going to say rather than dragged your long suffering reader several paragraphs into the deep, you wouldn't have to complain about being misunderstood.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Olsonist said:

Jeff, I don't know if you know anything about writing; maybe your native tongue doesn't have a writing system and if that's the case, forgive my insensitivity. But your prose seems like an alligator dragging a calf underwater to drown it. Eventually the calf is going to die, in a few minutes. We know that it doesn't end well for the calf and that its remaining time is not going to be pleasant. But it'd be more humane (dunno if that's an alligator thing or not) to just get it over with.

Anyways, I read somewhere, maybe it was a correspondence course advertised on a matchbook cover, I can't remember, but putting your bottom line up front obeys the lesser known and still unratified Geneva Convention on Bad Writing. Who knows, maybe if you just said what you were going to say rather than dragged your long suffering reader several paragraphs into the deep, you wouldn't have to complain about being misunderstood.

I have a relative who is an editor.  This is being sent to him immediately, and I don't give a fuck about permission.  It's that good.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, benwynn said:
4 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

I have a relative who is an editor.  This is being sent to him immediately, and I don't give a fuck about permission.  It's that good.

What exactly is your relatives goal? This is not exactly a kinder, gentler, rejection letter

But anyway, at least have the goddam curtesy to say "I'm totally stealing that" it's the SA/PA equivalent of a reach-around

- DSK

8 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

I'm totally stealing that.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

AJ, consider the source. Some morons should just not be engaged with. That only feeds the troll's need for some sort of self validation. Put it on ignore, otherwise it becomes a pseudo Trump using this platform because he can't get an audience on Twitter.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, benwynn said:

Seriously though....   I am trying to envision what is going on in that guard's head.   That is a practically hallowed place. NOTHING EVER goes to shit there.  It has to be one of the most boring jobs on planet earth.  I'm talking even more boring than @Venom's job at the laundromat.  Now, he is staring down a seemingly insane crowd, with a guy in fur and horns at the front.  It's a whip-saw of epic proportions. 

I'd be thinking, "I'm fucked. Paleoanthropological Tom was right.  I wish I had a dogballs and had attended some gatherings once or twice in a year (even though it's too hard) right about now. But even then I'm probably fucked."

Yup, it's kinda strange as they could see literally them coming as scheduled and had weeks to prepare. Incredibly no counter protests/riots either. Reminds me of a herd or cattle being led to the slaughter led by buffalo boot boy with a flag painted on his face and a bearded midget! Scary stuff! :D  

3 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

ok.... To get back to the warning that I've received, you might take it with however many grains of salt you wish, that the brown acid that is circulating around us is not specifically too good. It's suggested that you do stay away from that. Of course it's your own trip, so be my guest

2 hours ago, Venom said:

Yup, it's kinda strange as they could see literally them coming as scheduled and had weeks to prepare. Incredibly no counter protests/riots either. Reminds me of a herd or cattle being led to the slaughter led by buffalo boot boy with a flag painted on his face and a bearded midget! Scary stuff! :D  

I'm hungry.  Start another thread. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2021/01/08/ashli-babbitt-shooting-video-capitol/

It Was an Attempted Coup: The Cline Center’s Coup D’état Project Categorizes the January 6, 2021 Assault on the US Capitol

Bottom Line: Using the Cline Center’s Coup D’état Project definitions, the storming of the US Capitol Building on January 6, 2021 was an attempted coup d’état: an organized, illegal attempt to intervene in the presidential transition by displacing the power of the Congress to certify the election. Specifically, at the time of this writing, we classify it as an attempted dissident coup

• Like 1

Trump Supporter’s Delusions About A Stolen Election Make Him More Dangerous: Judge

A federal magistrate judge ordered a defendant charged in connection with the Capitol insurrection to be held until trial, in part by finding that the man’s delusional beliefs about a stolen U.S. election make him unlikely to recognize the government’s authority.

“The defendant has taken ‘nothing off the table’ in pursuit of his aims to ensure ‘Biden will never be president.’ The defendant’s inflammatory conduct, repeated threats, delusional worldview, and access to firearms makes him a danger to the community,” the government argued in a court filing. “In order to protect the community and assure his appearance at future court proceedings, the defendant should be held without bond pending trial.”

Not sure where this belongs, but the NYT is now calling it a scam.  

With breathless, often misleading appeals, the former president promised small donors that he was using the money to fight the election results, but in fact stored much of it for future use....Former President Donald J. Trump and the Republican Party leveraged false claims of voter fraud and promises to overturn the election to raise more than a quarter-billion dollars in November and December as hundreds of thousands of trusting supporters listened and opened their wallets.

Making claims about a stolen election has netted hundreds of millions of dollars for Trump.   

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/01/us/politics/trump-cash.html

There was no election steal.  It was all about money for Trump.   

13 minutes ago, Bugsy said:

With breathless, often misleading appeals, the former president promised small donors that he was using the money to fight the election results, but in fact stored much of it for future use....Former President Donald J. Trump and the Republican Party leveraged false claims of voter fraud and promises to overturn the election to raise more than a quarter-billion dollars in November and December as hundreds of thousands of trusting supporters listened and opened their wallets.

Making claims about a stolen election has netted hundreds of millions of dollars for Trump.   

The folks who REALLY need to hear this are the ones who have (figuratively) stuffed their fingers in their ears and are loudly chanting "I can't hear you! MAGA! MAGA! MAGA!"

1 hour ago, hobie1616 said:

Trump Supporter’s Delusions About A Stolen Election Make Him More Dangerous: Judge

A federal magistrate judge ordered a defendant charged in connection with the Capitol insurrection to be held until trial, in part by finding that the man’s delusional beliefs about a stolen U.S. election make him unlikely to recognize the government’s authority.

“The defendant has taken ‘nothing off the table’ in pursuit of his aims to ensure ‘Biden will never be president.’ The defendant’s inflammatory conduct, repeated threats, delusional worldview, and access to firearms makes him a danger to the community,” the government argued in a court filing. “In order to protect the community and assure his appearance at future court proceedings, the defendant should be held without bond pending trial.”

I think it would be extremely funny if the judge and the prosecutor wore lizard masks when they bring in the defendant to tell him

- DSK

45 minutes ago, Bugsy said:

Wow.  So he finally found a way to make money. 

1 minute ago, benwynn said:

Wow.  So he finally found a way to make money. 

The grift is strong in that one.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Remodel said:

AJ, consider the source. Some morons should just not be engaged with. That only feeds the troll's need for some sort of self validation. Put it on ignore, otherwise it becomes a pseudo Trump using this platform because he can't get an audience on Twitter.

Brilliant....  Send him an invite.  It would be priceless to gave the orange one in attendance.  

5 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

Wait, so he's saying that if you world view is completely divorced from reality you shouldn't be playing with guns?  How refreshing.  If only this concept could be applied more generally....

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

According to the restricted building charge, which everyone is getting at least in a starting point before more serious charges, you can get 10 years in jail.  Is being too stupid to know I shouldn't be here a valid defence?

Well, based on the sentences meted out to the Kings Bay Plowshares protesters, who committed terrible crimes (see below). I'd say the DC insurrectionists should get a minimum of three years in the slammer, with much more handed down to those who were violent. 

Do you think they will?  I sure don't. 

Plowshares . . ""Armed" with hammers, bottles of their own blood, crime scene tape, and an indictment charging the U.S. government with crimes against peace, the seven splashed the blood on a wall, spray-painted an anti-war slogan on a sidewalk, and hammered away at a monument to nuclear war. They caused minimal damage." 

Megan Rice was sentenced to 35 months, or just under three years. The other two protesters, Greg Boertje-Obed and Michael Walli, both were sentenced to 62 months, or a little more than five years. 

Home - Kings Bay Plowshares 7

16 hours ago, Olsonist said:

I’m totally stealing that!  :lol:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BrickTopHarry said:

This guy was fired both for this and for being in the Capitol Hill mob and posting it on social media.  Qanon has created, or taken advantage of, some serious brain worms in people.

There are a lot of Qidiots out there, I'm actually quite surprised there are that many critically stupid people at large.

'He invited us': Accused Capitol rioters blame Trump in novel legal defense

Emanuel Jackson, a 20-year-old Washington area man, was caught on video using a metal bat to strike the protective shields wielded by police officers as they tried to fend off rioters storming the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

Jackson, awaiting trial in federal court on assault charges, is now adopting a novel legal defense: seeking to pin the blame on Donald Trump, citing the former president's remarks at a "Stop the Steal" rally shortly before the Capitol siege.

Trump told the crowd to "fight like hell," said "we will not take it anymore" and repeated his false claims that the election was stolen from him through widespread voting fraud. Trump exhorted his followers to go to the Capitol. The ensuing rampage interrupted the congressional certification of President Joe Biden's election victory, sent lawmakers into hiding and left five people dead including a police officer.

Jackson's lawyer, Brandi Harden, wrote in a Jan. 22 court filing that "the nature and circumstances of this offense must be viewed through the lens of an event inspired by the President of the United States."

2 hours ago, BrickTopHarry said:

This guy was fired h for this and for being in the Capitol Hill mob and posting it on social media.  Qanon has created, or taken advantage of, some serious brain worms in people.

There have been 206 people arrested so far. Hopefully Mr. McCaig will soon join the honor roll.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/compiling-criminal-charges-following-capitol-riot

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Emanuel Jackson, a 20-year-old Washington area man, was caught on video using a metal bat to strike the protective shields wielded by police officers as they tried to fend off rioters storming the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

Jackson, awaiting trial in federal court on assault charges, is now adopting a novel legal defense: seeking to pin the blame on Donald Trump, citing the former president's remarks at a "Stop the Steal" rally shortly before the Capitol siege.

Trump told the crowd to "fight like hell," said "we will not take it anymore" and repeated his false claims that the election was stolen from him through widespread voting fraud. Trump exhorted his followers to go to the Capitol. The ensuing rampage interrupted the congressional certification of President Joe Biden's election victory, sent lawmakers into hiding and left five people dead including a police officer.

Jackson's lawyer, Brandi Harden, wrote in a Jan. 22 court filing that "the nature and circumstances of this offense must be viewed through the lens of an event inspired by the President of the United States."

That's the thing about an attempted coup. If it fails, the rats go down with the ship.

9 hours ago, Bugsy said:

Send the Tax Man!

And then everyone else he owes.

It won't be enough, I guess ...

14 hours ago, Bugsy said:

Not exactly a scoop  -  people have been saying that since late November. 

And that was fine.  The problem started later, when Trump started falling for his own bullshit.

6 hours ago, Raz'r said:

That's the thing about an attempted coup. If it fails, the rats go down with the ship.

Not this time, apparently. 

What would Mr. Erdogan do in such a situation ??  

Just watch the courts and the Dems wind up playing patty-cake. 

• Like 1

Just watching a re-run of the President of the USA visiting the Capitol rotunda where the ashes of the officer the seditionist  Donald John  Trump had killed is lying in state.

What are we going to do to the Lying Narcissist loser for his crime??

2 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

This is an interesting read and very scary:

https://www.axios.com/trump-oval-office-meeting-sidney-powell-a8e1e466-2e42-42d0-9cf1-26eb267f8723.html

Inside the craziest meeting of the Trump presidency

Well...fuck me. 

I have no words. Fascinating read. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, shaggybaxter said:

Well...fuck me. 

I have no words. Fascinating read. 

Supposedly the most powerful man in the world at the time .Should tRump or another like him be allowed to happen again then it will quite simply be the end .

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Mid said:

Supposedly the most powerful man in the world at the time .Should tRump or another like him be allowed to happen again then it will quite simply be the end .

It was a scary moment.  There were wiser heads in the room that prevented catastrophe.  Little don resembles Caligula.

7 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Thank God for Eric Herschmann, Pat Cipollone, Derek Lyons, and Mark Meadows.

Cipollone is the lawyer, right? They generally try to damp down a client's most crooked tendencies, but yeah. he may have just been pissed off at The Kraken's making lawyers look bad.

Meadows is a fascist creep, they didn't report much of his input. He's a pragmatist though... he knows unless carefully groomed, giving the armed Federal agencies marching orders to seize power would probably fail as officers tend to disregard blatantly illegal orders.

On the one hand, I am glad to see that the USA has not descended to the level of the winners of the national power struggle lining up the losers and shooting them.... yet

- DSK

3 hours ago, Mid said:

It’s not over yet, and it’s not just Trump. It’s most of the GOP, and they won’t go away or reform any time soon...... 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, BrickTopHarry said:

This guy was fired both for this and for being in the Capitol Hill mob and posting it on social media.  Qanon has created, or taken advantage of, some serious brain worms in people.

fucked up in the head...........

18 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

Well yeah.  Babes gotta get their tequila on.

C'mon! You know she's gotta be a good, god fearing evangelical! They don't drink tequila! (They only drink the medicinal stuff the cousins make up in the hill country).

11 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Looking for a little sour cream on the taco?

She just wants to find some Juan who'll treat her like a lady....

On 2/2/2021 at 12:34 PM, Bus Driver said:

So,  I'm guessing this lawyer has never heard of Nuremberg?

• Like 2
On 1/31/2021 at 3:51 AM, Left Shift said:

No...They are the worst grocery store option if you care where and how you spend your money. 

Save a few nickels, find one or two new jams and jellies on the shelf and help fund an insurrection ... the trade off seems to be on the side of shopping elsewhere.

Black listing off certain chains and products in the UK is on the up the last few months.

15 minutes ago, Expat Canuck said:

So,  I'm guessing this lawyer has never heard of Nuremberg? 

He also seems to be unaware of the social convention on not hitting people with metal bats at places you were invited to.

To be fair that's quite an obscure piece of etiquette.