Maybe Storming The Capitol Wasn't Such A Good Idea

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks take great pride in their ignorance and go out of their way to flaunt it, even to exaggerate it. They like to show it off like they are wearing a lair of the latest Air Jordans. I don't get

You are talking about folks that were taking selfies, some with their company IDs hanging from their necks. Burner phones to cover their tracks?  I'm surprised they didn't order delivered pizzas

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Mike G said:

Well that didn't go well. :D

I like those prosecutors.

Is it just me or has anyone else been unable to see anything going on in the eyes of any of those insurrectionists?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, phillysailor said:

A bit of jaundice, perhaps

If they tilt their head just right with the sun shining in their ear you can see the back of their skull. 

Well, he was moved to a jail where they say they have organic food.  How close do you think anyone checks to be sure all the food is organic for a prison?  

2 minutes ago, Bugsy said:

Well, he was moved to a jail where they say they have organic food.  How close do you think anyone checks to be sure all the food is organic for a prison?  

I've got a tad of insider knowledge here.   How close do you think anyone checks to be sure all the food is organic, through the entire supply chain,  for a grocery store?  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Bugsy said:

Does a guard's lugie on your bologna sandwich count as organic?

3 minutes ago, benwynn said:

I've got a tad of insider knowledge here.   How close do you think anyone checks to be sure all the food is organic, through the entire supply chain,  for a grocery store?  

Oh, please, do share.   I am skeptical of most claims of 'organic'.   

4 minutes ago, Bugsy said:

But it has the organic sticker and iks in the organic section.....

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Olsonist said:

What's with the dot in between his eyes? Shot point blank with a .22 by one of his buddies?

7 minutes ago, Bugsy said:

Oh, please, do share.   I am skeptical of most claims of 'organic'.   

I'm not going to be specific.  I'm just saying you've got a seed producer growing plants to produce the seeds. These are sold to another outfit growing the seeds into seedlings. Then , if not sold directly to a farm, yet another outfit growing the seedlings into established plants, and then you've got the farm growing the plants to the point of harvest. 

Along any step you've got the potential for a disease or pest outbreak that, when first detected, could be allowed to run it's course wiping out profits, or some sort of chemical application to save them.   It can be a brutal business anywhere along the way.

Certified organic has paperwork with signatures.

I leave this right there.

7 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

What's with the dot in between his eyes? Shot point blank with a .22 by one of his buddies?

He's known for his tats. So my theory is that it's a tat.

4 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Every time I see the word "Organic" I recall and old joke.  What's better than roses on your piano?  Tulips on your organ. 

Try the veal.  It's organic. 

Prefer the tulips, but I am still struggling with that small cow you keep mentioning!? :blink:

7 hours ago, benwynn said:

Who is it that "certifies" all the "Certified Organic" food.

No-one has ever been able to tell me.

7 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

That's where the lobotomy probe went in - they don't need to go in each side anymore.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

That's where the lobotomy probe went in - they don't need to go in each side anymore.

Looks like about 3/16". Enough for a coat hanger easy. 

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Who is it that "certifies" all the "Certified Organic" food.

No-one has ever been able to tell me.

Years ago, I tried to report misuse of the JIS standard for waterproofing.  Got absolutely nowhere.  It's like zero enforcement with no reporting mechanism that I know of. 

2 hours ago, benwynn said:

Years ago, I tried to report misuse of the JIS standard for waterproofing.  Got absolutely nowhere.  It's like zero enforcement with no reporting mechanism that I know of. 

You don't like your lettuce Scotchgarded? It makes the slugs go down easier too.

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

You don't like your lettuce Scotchgarded? It makes the slugs go down easier too.

For whatever reason, lately when people here quote me, sometimes I don't know what the fuck they are taking about.

3 minutes ago, Mike G said:

But, the Faithful have assured us the Insurrection had already begun, and was perpetrated by a group OTHER than the people the defeated ex-President exhorted to go to the Capitol and "fight like hell" or they "wouldn't have a country anymore".

Who are we to believe?

Woman charged in US Capitol riot can take trip to Mexico, federal judge says

The case involving Jenny Cudd got national attention this week after she wrote to a judge asking for permission to visit Riviera Maya, Mexico, for a four-day retreat this month. On Friday, Judge Trevor N. McFadden of the DC District Court granted her request. McFadden, a Trump appointee, noted that the Justice Department did not oppose Cudd's request to visit Mexico.

"The Court also notes (Cudd) has no criminal history and there is no evidence before the Court suggesting the Defendant is a flight risk or poses a danger to others," McFadden wrote in a written order.

23 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

The case involving Jenny Cudd got national attention this week after she wrote to a judge asking for permission to visit Riviera Maya, Mexico, for a four-day retreat this month. On Friday, Judge Trevor N. McFadden of the DC District Court granted her request. McFadden, a Trump appointee, noted that the Justice Department did not oppose Cudd's request to visit Mexico.

"The Court also notes (Cudd) has no criminal history and there is no evidence before the Court suggesting the Defendant is a flight risk or poses a danger to others," McFadden wrote in a written order.

I guess Democratic Congresspersons don't count as "others".

2 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

Could bee the judge just hopes she will stay permanently in Mexico so he doesn't have to deal with her.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:
3 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

Could bee the judge just hopes she will stay permanently in Mexico so he doesn't have to deal with her.

I don't really see a big problem with this, with these facts known. And yeah, if she doesn't come back, problem solved.

- DSK

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

They're all gonna get the kid-gloves treatment . . 

1 hour ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

I think exiling all the Mexico haters to Mexico has a bit of poetic justice in it.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

I think exiling all the Mexico haters to Mexico has a bit of poetic justice in it.

Well, maybe, but they've got to do some hard time first 

3 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

It'd be funny if CBP denied her re-entry into the USA based oh her criminal status....

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

It'd be funny if CBP denied her re-entry into the USA based oh her criminal status....

Aren't we suppose to secure the borders to keep terrorist out?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

The trip is described as a “bonding retreat.” Bond with other RWNJs so their next attack is more successful?

11 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

The trip is described as a “bonding retreat.” Bond with other RWNJs so their next attack is more successful?

They cover themselves in Krazy Glue and have a group hug.

8 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

Good for her she's the right color.

On 2/4/2021 at 7:52 AM, hobie1616 said:

A Catholic priest at Trump’s Jan. 6 rally said he performed an ‘exorcism’ on Congress. He’s not an exorcist, the church said.

The Catholic priest, dressed in his clerical collar, was walking through a crowd of Trump supporters outside the Capitol on Jan. 6 and holding a book about exorcisms when a videographer approached.

“Did you do an exorcism at the Capitol?” the videographer asked.

“Yes, I did,” the priest answered, before suggesting a “demon” had taken hold of Congress.

The nearly five-minute interview of the priest, who has since been identified as the Rev. David Fulton of Central City, Neb., has sparked anger among some parishioners and earned a rebuke from the Archdiocese of Omaha, which is investigating his actions in D.C. that day, the Omaha World-Herald reported. 

Fulton, who did not immediately respond to The Washington Post’s request for comment, read an apology on Sunday at St. Michael’s Catholic Church, but also argued that the videographer was “anti-Catholic” and had taken his comments out of context. Fulton told church officials that he did not actually perform an exorcism, but instead “led others in prayer,” and denied entering the Capitol during the violent attempted insurrection.

Either way, church officials said, Fulton erred by showing up to the rally in his collar and claiming to do an exorcism.

“He should not have been there dressed as a priest. It was a misuse of his priestly ministry,” Timothy McNeil, the chancellor for the Archdiocese of Omaha, told the World-Herald while relating the comments of Omaha Archbishop George Lucas.

After Fulton claimed to have performed an exorcism, Becker asked him, “What has possessed the Capitol?” Fulton said that the building had been taken over by a “demon called Baphomet” intent on “dissolving the country.”

Stay away from the Greene lady, Father...

5 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

I don't really see a big problem with this, with these facts known. And yeah, if she doesn't come back, problem solved.

- DSK

The judge might face some blowback if that happens? 

4 hours ago, bridhb said:

Aren't we suppose to secure the borders to keep terrorist out?

I wonder how Canada feel about her? 

On 2/4/2021 at 10:52 AM, hobie1616 said:

After Fulton claimed to have performed an exorcism, Becker asked him, “What has possessed the Capitol?” Fulton said that the building had been taken over by a “demon called Baphomet” intent on “dissolving the country.”

I'm confused.  I thought the building was taken over by insurrectionists (or The Muppets).  

Is this guy saying the insurrectionists are Baphomet?   

38 minutes ago, mad said:

I wonder how Canada feel about her? 

Well since you apparently can't get in with a DUI on your record, methinks she may not be welcome with Federal charges.  Didn't it take the Beatles or Stones years to get back in there for weed?

1 hour ago, roundthebuoys said:

Well since you apparently can't get in with a DUI on your record, methinks she may not be welcome with Federal charges.  Didn't it take the Beatles or Stones years to get back in there for weed?

Yes, they weren't bringing enough to share. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I'll be surprised if Mexico lets her in.

That would be fucking great, I bet CBP will give Mexico LE a heads up...

Hmm. Mexico must have heard that when America sends our travelers, we aren’t sending our best. We are sending those who attack cops. Insurrectionists.

Ya know, Trump defenders.

I wonder if Mexico kinda wants to pay for the wall now?

• Like 1
On 2/6/2021 at 8:13 PM, roundthebuoys said:

It was the Stones (specifically, Keith), not the Beatles.  And heroin (in sufficient quantity to get charged with trafficking), not weed.

And far from being barred, Keith had to ask the court's permission to leave Canada (to go to a rehab in the US); and eventually, part of his sentence was playing a charity concert.

32 minutes ago, frenchie said:

It was the Stones (specifically, Keith), not the Beatles.  And heroin (in sufficient quantity to get charged with trafficking), not weed.

And far from being barred, Keith had to ask the court's permission to leave Canada (to go to a rehab in the US); and eventually, part of his sentence was playing a charity concert.

And he’s prolly outlived most of the people who prosecuted him. 

28 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:
1 hour ago, frenchie said:

of-his-daughters-under-the-caption-keith-richards-daughters-when-they-die-hell-inherit-everything.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Not to mention his dealers.

4 hours ago, frenchie said:

Thank you.  This place is good for something.

GOP senator attempts to blame Nancy Pelosi, not Trump, for the Capitol riot as impeachment trial looms“

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-senator-attempts-blame-nancy-114334291.html

Ladies and Gentlemen, once again Johnson earns the nickname (Mo)Ron.

On 2/6/2021 at 5:10 PM, jerseyguy said:

Let her go, the FBI already has an informer on the guest list.

On the verge of release, an Auburn-area Proud Boy charged in Capitol siege instead ordered transported to D.C.  

Ethan Nordean, center, and other Pro-Trump protesters march in front of the Capitol Building on January 6, before a violent pro-Donald Trump mob stormed the Capitol, breaking windows and clashing with police officers. (Jon Cherry / Getty Images)

This screenshot from federal charging papers shows Ethan Nordean, also known as “Rufio Panman.” Nordean was charged for his involvement with the insurrection at the Capitol on January 6. (U.S. Dept. of Justice)

1 of 2 | Ethan Nordean, center, and other Pro-Trump protesters march in front of the Capitol Building on January 6, before a violent pro-Donald... (Jon Cherry / Getty Images) More 
By 
Seattle Times staff reporter

After a Monday morning video-hearing before a federal magistrate in Seattle, Ethan Nordean appeared to be on his way home near Auburn, with a signed order allowing him to walk out of detention later that afternoon to await a court case as a free man.

But by early afternoon, Nordean’s release order had been stayed by a federal judge on the other side of the country.

Instead of going home, the 30-year-old bodybuilder and a prominent member of the right-wing extremist group the Proud Boys was ordered to be taken to Washington, D.C., where he’ll face charges that he planned and participated in a pro-Trump mob’s deadly siege on the U.S. Capitol last month.

The quick turn of events came after U.S. District Court Judge Beryl A. Howell granted federal prosecutors’ appeal seeking to stay U.S. Magistrate Judge Brian Tsuchida’s order, issued in Seattle early Monday, that had approved Nordean’s pretrial release.

Nordean, who is known in far-right circles by his alias, “Rufio Panman” — a reference to a character in the 1991 Peter Pan fantasy movie, “Hook” — was arrested near Auburn last week and charged in the District of Columbia with four federal criminal counts. The charges include obstructing an official proceeding, aiding and abetting injury to government property, disorderly conduct and knowingly and violently entering a restricted building, according to a criminal complaint.

Nordean faces more than 30 years in prison if convicted on all counts.

• Like 1
On 2/8/2021 at 12:19 PM, frenchie said:

Thanks, amazing the things you learn in this place. 

No wonder they support him.  They have money problems, just like the defeated ex-President.

A majority of the people arrested for Capitol riot had a history of financial trouble

In all fairness, they are likely angry about their financial situation, and feel like they had no hope until the Charlatan-in-Chief told them that not only was he like them, he would fight FOR them.  So, they were willing to overthrow the government to give him more time to fix things for them.

They bought into the fantasy and hopefully are coming to realize how badly they were duped.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Ishmael said:

For this crowd of idiots they will use Con-Dumb.

Nice. 

For all I'm concerned they can fight for their right to refuse vaccines while incarcerated with hundreds of their buddies. Feel bad for their jailers, though.

Real estate agent Jenna Ryan wakes up.

A majority of the people arrested for Capitol riot had a history of financial trouble

Jenna Ryan seemed like an unlikely participant in the mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. She was a real estate agent from Texas. She flew into Washington on a private jet. And she was dressed that day in clothes better suited for a winter tailgate than a war. Yet Ryan, 50, is accused of rushing into the Capitol past broken glass and blaring security alarms and, according to federal prosecutors, shouting: “Fight for freedom! Fight for freedom!” But in a different way, she fit right in.

Despite her outward signs of success, Ryan had struggled financially for years. She was still paying off a $37,000 lien for unpaid federal taxes when she was arrested. She’d nearly lost her home to foreclosure before that. She filed for bankruptcy in 2012 and faced another IRS tax lien in 2010.

Nearly 60 percent of the people facing charges related to the Capitol riot showed signs of prior money troubles, including bankruptcies, notices of eviction or foreclosure, bad debts, or unpaid taxes over the past two decades, according to a Washington Post analysis of public records for 125 defendants with sufficient information to detail their financial histories.  The group’s bankruptcy rate — 18 percent — was nearly twice as high as that of the American public, The Post found. A quarter of them had been sued for money owed to a creditor. And 1 in 5 of them faced losing their home at one point, according to court filings.

“I think what you’re finding is more than just economic insecurity but a deep-seated feeling of precarity about their personal situation,” said Cynthia Miller-Idriss, a political science professor who helps run the Polarization and Extremism Research Innovation Lab at American University, reacting to The Post’s findings. “And that precarity — combined with a sense of betrayal or anger that someone is taking something away — mobilized a lot of people that day.”

The financial missteps by defendants in the attempted insurrection ranged from small debts of a few thousand dollars more than a decade ago to unpaid tax bills of $400,000 and homes facing foreclosure in recent years. Some of these people seemed to have regained their financial footing. But many of them once stood close to the edge. 

Ryan had nearly lost everything. And the stakes seemed similarly high to her when she came to Washington in early January. She fully believed Trump’s false claims that the election was stolen and that he was going to save the country, she said in an interview with The Post. 

Trump’s lie that the election was stolen has cost $519 million (and counting)

But now — facing federal charges and abandoned by people she considered “fellow patriots” — she said she feels betrayed. 

“I bought into a lie, and the lie is the lie, and it’s embarrassing,” she said. “I regret everything.”

Ryan, who lives in Frisco, Texas, a Dallas suburb, said she was slow to become a big Trump supporter. 

She’s been described as a conservative radio talk show host. But she wasn’t a budding Rush Limbaugh. Her AM radio show each Sunday focused on real estate, and she paid for the airtime. She stopped doing the show in March, when the pandemic hit. 

But she continued to run a service that offers advice for people struggling with childhood trauma and bad relationships. Ryan said the work was based on the steps she took to overcome her own rough upbringing. 

Twice divorced and struggling with financial problems, Ryan developed an outlook that she described as politically conservative, leaning toward libertarian. 

But politics was not her focal point until recently. She recalled being upset when President Barack Obama won reelection in 2012. And she preferred Trump over Hillary Clinton four years later. But she said she wasn’t strident in her support for Trump. 

That changed as the 2020 election approached. 

She said she started reading far-right websites such as Epoch Times and Gateway Pundit. She began streaming shows such as Alex Jones’s “Infowars” and former Trump campaign manager Stephen K. Bannon’s “War Room: Pandemic.” She began following conspiracy theories related to QAnon, a sprawling set of false claims that have coalesced into an extremist ideology. She said she didn’t know if the posts were true, but she was enthralled. 

“It was all like a football game. I was sucked into it. Consumed by it,” Ryan said. 

She attended the first protest in her life in April, going to Austin to vent about the state’s pandemic lockdown orders. That was followed by a rally for Shelley Luther, who gained national attention for reopening her beauty salon in Dallas in defiance of the lockdown. 

Ryan said she traveled to Trump’s “Save America” rally on a whim. A Facebook friend offered to fly her and three others on a private plane. 

They arrived in Washington a day early and got rooms at a Westin hotel downtown, Ryan said. 

It was her first trip to the nation’s capital. 

The next morning, Jan. 6, the group of friends left the hotel at 6 a.m., Ryan said. She was cold, so she bought a $35 knit snow hat with a “45” emblem from a souvenir shop. They then followed the crowd streaming toward the National Mall. 

“My main concern was there were no bathrooms. I kept asking, ‘Where are the bathrooms?’” she said. “I was just having fun.” 

They listened to some of the speakers. But mostly they walked around and took photos. She felt like a tourist. They grabbed sandwiches at a Wawa convenience store for lunch. They hired a pedicab to take them back to the hotel. 

She drank white wine while the group watched on television as Congress prepared to certify the electoral college votes. They listened to clips of Trump telling rallygoers to walk to the Capitol and saying, “We fight like hell, and if you don’t fight like hell you’re not going to have a country anymore.” 

They decided to leave the hotel and go to the Capitol. 

Ryan said she was reluctant. 

But she also posted a video to her Facebook account that showed her looking into a bathroom mirror and saying, according to an FBI account of her charges: “We’re gonna go down and storm the capitol. They’re down there right now and that’s why we came and so that’s what we are going to do. So wish me luck.”

She live-streamed on Facebook. She posted photos to Twitter. She got closer to the Capitol with each post. She stood on the Capitol’s steps. She flashed a peace symbol next to a smashed Capitol window. The FBI also found video of her walking through doors on the west side of the Capitol in the middle of a packed crowd, where she said into a camera, according to the bureau: “Y’all know who to hire for your realtor. Jenna Ryan for your realtor.” 

The FBI document does not state how long Ryan spent inside the building. She said it was just a few minutes. She and her new friends eventually walked back to the hotel, she said. 

“We just stormed the Capital,” Ryan tweeted that afternoon. “It was one of the best days of my life.” 

She said she realized she was in trouble only after returning to Texas. Her phone was blowing up with messages. Her social media posts briefly made her the infamous face of the riots: the smiling real estate agent who flew in a private jet to an insurrection. 

Nine days later, she turned herself in to the FBI. She was charged with two federal misdemeanors related to entering the Capitol building and disorderly conduct. Last week, federal authorities filed similar charges against two others on her flight: Jason L. Hyland, 37, of Frisco, who federal authorities said organized the trip, and Katherine S. Schwab, 32, of Colleyville, Texas. 

Ryan remained defiant at first. She clashed with people who criticized her online. She told a Dallas TV station she deserved a presidential pardon. 

Several Capitol rioters are blaming Trump's rhetoric. What's in it for them?

Then Trump left for Florida. President Biden took office. And Ryan, at home in Texas, was left to wonder what to do with her two mini-goldendoodle dogs if she goes to prison. 

“Not one patriot is standing up for me,” Ryan said recently. “I’m a complete villain. I was down there based on what my president said. ‘Stop the steal.’ Now I see that it was all over nothing. He was just having us down there for an ego boost. I was there for him.”

• Like 1

Arrested Capitol rioters had guns and bombs, everyday careers and Olympic medals

The initial round of charges do not reflect the full gravity of the siege that paralyzed Congress as members fled for their lives and hid from the mob. Authorities expect more serious charges to follow after more intensive investigations. Washington’s acting U.S. attorney, Michael Sherwin, said Tuesday that he had assembled a team to focus on building sedition and conspiracy cases related to the most “heinous” actions during the siege. Investigators are reviewing communications, along with travel and financial records, to track any coordination or organization among the rioters.

“Michigan state Sen. Mike Shirkey apologizes after saying Capitol attack was a hoax, and that rioters weren’t ‘Trump people’: ‘I have many flaws’“

https://www.chicagotribune.com/midwest/ct-aud-nw-michigan-mike-shirkey-capitol-riot-20210210-ju2bhx5fana3zilqc3afb3fadq-story.html

People with more and bigger flaws—the people who elected him.

Hillsdale County almost 71% voted Republican 

3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

They bought into the fantasy and hopefully are coming to realize how badly they were duped.

Check with Ron White about that.

6 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

No wonder they support him.  They have money problems, just like the defeated ex-President.

In all fairness, they are likely angry about their financial situation, and feel like they had no hope until the Charlatan-in-Chief told them that not only was he like them, he would fight FOR them.  So, they were willing to overthrow the government to give him more time to fix things for them.

It will be interesting to see if some and how many turn against him over time as they feel sold out??  It may take a while

1 hour ago, mad said:

It will be interesting to see if some and how many turn against him over time as they feel sold out??  It may take a while

I hope they are as angry at him for conning them as they were over the fake stolen election.

3 hours ago, Mike G said:

Throw mommie under the bus.

Momma must be one tough cookie for him to need that many zip cuffs to ensure he could control her.

image.thumb.png.d360d0d45a706b018c79743992b254ad.png

3 hours ago, Mike G said:

Throw mommie under the bus.

If I am not mistaken, this is the guy who claims he wandered by an open cabinet, saw flex-cuffs in there, and grabbed them to keep them from falling into the wrong hands while he looked for an officer he could return them to.

(cough, cough) Suuuuuure.