Jump to content

Maybe Storming The Capitol Wasn't Such A Good Idea


Recommended Posts

I am not a lawyer.

But, it seems like things are really not going your way when the response to your request includes the line "that argument is so frivolous as to insult the Court's intelligence".

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks take great pride in their ignorance and go out of their way to flaunt it, even to exaggerate it. They like to show it off like they are wearing a lair of the latest Air Jordans. I don't get

You are talking about folks that were taking selfies, some with their company IDs hanging from their necks. Burner phones to cover their tracks?  I'm surprised they didn't order delivered pizzas

We've had some bad experiences with pardoning nazis attempting a coup here in Germany. I'd strongly advice against such measures.

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I am not a lawyer.

But, it seems like things are really not going your way when the response to your request includes the line "that argument is so frivolous as to insult the Court's intelligence".

If nothing else, these folks are useful in finding all the worst lawyers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I am not a lawyer.

But, it seems like things are really not going your way when the response to your request includes the line "that argument is so frivolous as to insult the Court's intelligence".

Bullshitters do much better when they are outside of the room where they have to tell the truth. That argument probably sold very well on bullshitter media, with an audience sporting a developed taste for the bovine poo. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Trying to do the math and don't have all the information.  The idiots who were arrested for their roles on 6 January, I know some are facing very serious charges, but for the masses, are their charges felonies?  If so, they will have to hire lawyers, travel back to DC multiple times for court dates, and may face jail time.So what, 10K+ plus time in prison with the attendant lost wages and maybe lost jobs.  Was it worth it?

Don't know if they are all felonies but they should be.

There should be no mercy shown to anyone who was there. Financial ruin would be adequate for the least culpable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

I am not a lawyer.

But, it seems like things are really not going your way when the response to your request includes the line "that argument is so frivolous as to insult the Court's intelligence".

Squatting Bull's lawyer is a heck of a bullshitter though. 

 https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/the-bio-of-the-lawyer-representing-two-gun-toting-st-louis-attorneys-will-leave-you-speechless/

 He's AMAZING, just ask him.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Maybe not so spontaneous?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/legal-issues/stewart-rhodes-oathkeepers-capitol-riot/2021/03/09/2c3d7fd8-808a-11eb-9ca6-54e187ee4939_story

Excerpt -

U.S. prosecutors alleged Monday that Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes was in direct contact before, during and immediately after the Jan. 6 Capitol breach with members since charged with plotting to prevent Congress from confirming the results of the 2020 presidential election.

In a late-night court filing, prosecutors alleged that Rhodes directed the right-wing, anti-government group to rally during the riot to the southeast steps of the Capitol, after which several members forcibly entered the east side of the building.

Prosecutors said they had recovered a chat called “DC OP: Jan 6 21” on the encrypted Signal messaging app that “shows that individuals, including those alleged to have conspired with [others], were actively planning to use force and violence.”

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sean said:

 

Maybe not so spontaneous?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/legal-issues/stewart-rhodes-oathkeepers-capitol-riot/2021/03/09/2c3d7fd8-808a-11eb-9ca6-54e187ee4939_story

Excerpt -

U.S. prosecutors alleged Monday that Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes was in direct contact before, during and immediately after the Jan. 6 Capitol breach with members since charged with plotting to prevent Congress from confirming the results of the 2020 presidential election.

In a late-night court filing, prosecutors alleged that Rhodes directed the right-wing, anti-government group to rally during the riot to the southeast steps of the Capitol, after which several members forcibly entered the east side of the building.

Prosecutors said they had recovered a chat called “DC OP: Jan 6 21” on the encrypted Signal messaging app that “shows that individuals, including those alleged to have conspired with [others], were actively planning to use force and violence.”

Interesting that they were trying to use secure comms. @PrivyTom should be along to tell us why the Feds cracking supposed secure comms is bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sean said:

Prosecutors said they had recovered a chat called “DC OP: Jan 6 21” on the encrypted Signal messaging app that “shows that individuals, including those alleged to have conspired with [others], were actively planning to use force and violence.”

These morons put their piss ant encrypted coms up against the NSA?  Along with everything else they should be charged with gross stupidity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

These morons put their piss ant encrypted coms up against the NSA?  Along with everything else they should be charged with gross stupidity.

Criminalizing stupidity.

Great concept.

Making it a capital offense would be icing on the cake.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A second oathkeeper....

 

Joshua James, who has been seen in photos flanking Stone ahead of the Jan. 6 riot, was later seen on camera inside the building amid a crush of rioters who overran police.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

These morons put their piss ant encrypted coms up against the NSA?  Along with everything else they should be charged with gross stupidity.

The SHA-1 encryption algorithm used for security in many applications was invented by the NSA.  I'm guessing they know how to crack it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

The SHA-1 encryption algorithm used for security in many applications was invented by the NSA.  I'm guessing they know how to crack it.

Crack it?  If NSA developed it it's got a backdoor built in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Criminalizing stupidity.

Great concept.

Making it a capital offense would be icing on the cake.

A crime committed in the Capitol should be a capital offense.  But given the behavior of some elected types, maybe not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:
23 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

The SHA-1 encryption algorithm used for security in many applications was invented by the NSA.  I'm guessing they know how to crack it.

Crack it?  If NSA developed it it's got a backdoor built in.

I would imagine there is more than a bit of tech out there that can easily be used against any one of us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, frenchie said:

You'd expect conspiracy theorists, of all people, to know that.

When the Trump campaign sends people to storm the Capitol and shit on the place, they don’t send their best people. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rain Man said:

The SHA-1 encryption algorithm used for security in many applications was invented by the NSA.  I'm guessing they know how to crack it.

What Is the Signal Encryption Protocol?

 

Quote

 

...You might already know Signal thanks to the popular end-to-end encrypted text messaging app by the same name, created by cypherpunk Moxie Marlinspike and in recent years hosted by the nonprofit Signal Foundation. Signal, the app, has an unparalleled reputation for security and privacy, with high-profile endorsements from NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden and WhatsApp founder Brian Acton

...

"Every time you send a message, your key is updated," Green says. "That means if your phone gets stolen at time X, any message you send before time X should still be safe." That assurance is lacking, Green notes, in Apple's iMessage, another popular messaging app that uses end-to-end encryption but doesn't offer perfect forward secrecy.

Perfect forward secrecy is useless, it's important to note, if users don't delete their messages periodically. If someone's phone is seized or stolen with all their messages still intact, they'll be just as visible to whoever has the phone in hand as they were to the original owner. The Signal app offers disappearing messages that are automatically deleted after a certain time limit. WhatsApp is rolling out an auto-delete feature, too, after going years without one. Android messaging users, crucially, will have to manually delete any messages they want to protect to get the full benefits of the protocol's perfect forward secrecy.

Signal's popularity stems not just from its perfect forward secrecy feature, but simply from its reputation as a well-designed, open-source protocol.

...

 

 

20 hours ago, Raz'r said:

@PrivyTom should be along to tell us why the Feds cracking supposed secure comms is bad.

No, it's expected. I'll be along to say what I always have: citizens who don't work for the government have a need for secure encryption and back door men are bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shambolic Tom said:

No, it's expected. I'll be along to say what I always have: citizens who don't work for the government have a need for secure encryption and back door men are bad.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ex-State Department employee appointed by Trump ‘switched sides’ in joining Capitol mob, judge says

A former State Department staffer with a top-secret security clearance betrayed his oath of office when he joined the Capitol mob that attempted to subvert the electoral process on Jan. 6, a federal magistrate judge said Tuesday.

Quoting that oath, which requires federal workers and appointees to “defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic,” Judge Zia M. Faruqui said that on Jan. 6, domestic enemies were striking “directly at the heart of our democracy” and Federico Klein “switched sides.”

Stanley Woodward, his attorney, argued that Klein’s military and government service should weigh in favor of release. Although he did not concede that the Trump appointee was the man seen in video from the riot, Woodward said that the event was “total chaos” and that an individual might not have been able to hear or follow police orders.

Prosecutors said Klein was not a hapless member of the crowd but a leader in the charge to storm the building. Assistant U.S. Attorney Jocelyn Bond said Klein fought officers in “hand-to-hand combat” for half an hour, while calling for “fresh people” to help take the building.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

Don’t piss off software developers,” he said.

https://jan6evidence.com/#/e

About

Since the January 6 attack on the Capitol, hundreds of volunteers have scrutinized photos and video of the event. They have reviewed thousands of hours of footage, created timelines, identified and tracked persons of interest, synchronized videos, and provided analysis.

This site is an effort to help organize and visualize this crowdsourced information. Contributors include data scientists, academic researchers, software engineers, and many others. All are motivated by a desire to understand what happened on January 6 and why. Most wish to remain anonymous.

If you find this site helpful in your own work, please credit “crowdsourced investigations shared on Jan6evidence.com.”

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

Citizen Sleuths Launch A Slick New Website To Hunt Down Capitol Insurrectionists

Scott-Railton said the effort also offers a lesson that Capitol insurrectionists should’ve kept in mind on Jan. 6. “Don’t piss off software developers,” he said.

Here's hoping all of those Insurrectionists have a pucker factor of 11.  Gotta be fun wondering when the Feds are going to ask you to put your hands behind your back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jan. 6 Capitol defendant wants trial moved to west Texas, calls D.C. too anti-Trump, politically correct

Attorneys for a woman who bragged in a Facebook live stream about storming the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 asked a federal judge Wednesday to move her case from Washington, D.C., to near her home in western Texas, saying a more Republican-friendly jury would decide her guilt or innocence more fairly.

Jenny Cudd, a 36-year-old florist and former mayoral candidate from Midland, Tex., has been indicted on five counts including obstruction of an official proceeding, trespassing, disorderly conduct, and parading, demonstrating or picketing in the Capitol building.

“Pretrial publicity and community prejudice in Washington D.C. is so likely to have affected the jury pool that the [entire panel] must be presumed as tainted,” Cudd’s attorney Marina Medvin argued.

“The facts of this case center around Donald Trump and his supporters. The evidence in this case is emotionally political in every respect,” the Alexandria attorney wrote. “But the jury who would hear the facts in Washington D.C. is the most politically prejudiced jury in the entire country” against Trump.

Cudd, who ran as a political outsider and won 15.6 percent of Midland’s vote in 2019 after campaigning on growth issues and who protested pandemic restrictions last year, gained notoriety after Jan. 6 for a Facebook live stream in which she announced, “We did break down . . . Nancy Pelosi’s office door.”

Draped in the Trump flag she’d worn inside the Rotunda and Statuary Hall, Cudd said she “charged the Capitol today with patriots,” adding, “Hell yes, I am proud of my actions.”

Cudd later said in a local television interview that critics including those who turned her in to the FBI were trying to “cancel me because I stood up for what it is that I believe in.” The backlash, she added, “is 100 percent cancel culture.”

Link to post
Share on other sites

Battle for the West Terrace: Capitol riot charges reveal details of police attacks on Jan. 6

A woman lay dying after being trampled by the mob on the steps of the Capitol on Jan. 6, and her friend was trying to carry her across the threshold to police officers guarding the building’s west side, prosecutors said. But within seconds, two of those officers would be dragged to the ground themselves and brutally beaten.

One lost his helmet, gas mask, baton and cellphone to the mob, prosecutors said, and was sprayed with a chemical irritant and needed staples to close a gash in his head. Another was dragged over the body of the first officer and then beaten with an American flag as he lay facedown in the crowd, according to court records.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mid said:

https://jan6evidence.com/#/e

About

Since the January 6 attack on the Capitol, hundreds of volunteers have scrutinized photos and video of the event. They have reviewed thousands of hours of footage, created timelines, identified and tracked persons of interest, synchronized videos, and provided analysis.

This site is an effort to help organize and visualize this crowdsourced information. Contributors include data scientists, academic researchers, software engineers, and many others. All are motivated by a desire to understand what happened on January 6 and why. Most wish to remain anonymous.

If you find this site helpful in your own work, please credit “crowdsourced investigations shared on Jan6evidence.com.”

Outstanding!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Meh.  He was a "nobody", a coffee-fetcher, and only there for a minute.

Wasn't he the hand-picked guy who was supposed to ensure the coup succeeded?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Those not already arrested and charged get a few more sleepless nights while the feds dig deeper.

Axios.

Federal prosecutors submitted a filing Friday morning requesting a 60-day delay in a series of cases related to the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, describing the massive undertaking as "likely the most complex investigation ever prosecuted by the Department of Justice."

The big picture: More than 300 suspects have been charged in connection with the attack, which FBI Director Christopher Wray has described as "domestic terrorism."

  • In addition to individual crimes like assault, trespassing and destruction of government property, federal prosecutors are investigating "conspiratorial activity" that began before Jan. 6.
  • The Justice Department expects that at least 100 more individuals will be charged, according to the filing.

By the numbers: A total of more than 900 search warrants have been executed in nearly every state and Washington, D.C. Documents and evidence compiled by investigators across dozens of federal and local law enforcement agencies include:

  • More than 15,000 hours of surveillance and body-worn camera footage from the day of the attack.
  • Approximately 1,600 electronic devices and the results of hundreds of searches of electronic communications providers.
  • Over 210,000 tips, "of which a substantial portion include video, photo and social media."
  • Over 80,000 reports and 93,000 attachments related to interviews of suspects and witnesses.

The bottom line: "The investigation and prosecution of the Capitol Attack will likely be one of the largest in American history, both in terms of the number of defendants prosecuted and the nature and volume of the evidence," prosecutors wrote.

Driving the news: The request for a delay comes one day after the swearing-in of President Biden's new Attorney General Merrick Garland, who has pledged to make the Capitol riot investigation a top priority.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bus Driver said:
16 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Wasn't he the hand-picked guy who was supposed to ensure the coup succeeded?

 

That was before he sold out.

He understands that you don't gain anything by loyalty to Trump, and you don't win by being last hold-out in favor of a failed coup

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites

Capitol riot prosecutors may charge more than 400 people and plea deals may come 'within a few weeks'

The Justice Department is preparing some of the first guilty plea offers for people charged in the Capitol insurrection, as prosecutors grind through massive amounts of evidence, videos and tips against more than 400 possible defendants in an investigation called one of the "largest in American history." 

Department officials are working on the timing of potential plea deals. Internal discussions will likely be influenced by the arrival of Attorney General Merrick Garland -- who got his first briefing about the investigation on Thursday -- and other senior aides who are coming onboard as part of the Biden administration.

"Based on the information we received from supervisors, it sounds like things are moving along. I hope to have plea offers for these parties soon," Assistant US Attorney Amanda Fretto said at a hearing Friday in Washington, DC, for two Texans charged in the Capitol attack.

"That could happen within a few weeks," Fretto added, the first time a prosecutor gave a possible timeline for plea bargains in open court.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hobie1616 said:

Capitol riot prosecutors may charge more than 400 people and plea deals may come 'within a few weeks'

The Justice Department is preparing some of the first guilty plea offers for people charged in the Capitol insurrection, as prosecutors grind through massive amounts of evidence, videos and tips against more than 400 possible defendants in an investigation called one of the "largest in American history." 

Department officials are working on the timing of potential plea deals. Internal discussions will likely be influenced by the arrival of Attorney General Merrick Garland -- who got his first briefing about the investigation on Thursday -- and other senior aides who are coming onboard as part of the Biden administration.

"Based on the information we received from supervisors, it sounds like things are moving along. I hope to have plea offers for these parties soon," Assistant US Attorney Amanda Fretto said at a hearing Friday in Washington, DC, for two Texans charged in the Capitol attack.

"That could happen within a few weeks," Fretto added, the first time a prosecutor gave a possible timeline for plea bargains in open court.

I'd like to believe you but dog said it was exactly 82 people and his reputation here is impeccable.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

Capitol riot prosecutors may charge more than 400 people and plea deals may come 'within a few weeks'

The Justice Department is preparing some of the first guilty plea offers for people charged in the Capitol insurrection, as prosecutors grind through massive amounts of evidence, videos and tips against more than 400 possible defendants in an investigation called one of the "largest in American history." 

Department officials are working on the timing of potential plea deals. Internal discussions will likely be influenced by the arrival of Attorney General Merrick Garland -- who got his first briefing about the investigation on Thursday -- and other senior aides who are coming onboard as part of the Biden administration.

"Based on the information we received from supervisors, it sounds like things are moving along. I hope to have plea offers for these parties soon," Assistant US Attorney Amanda Fretto said at a hearing Friday in Washington, DC, for two Texans charged in the Capitol attack.

"That could happen within a few weeks," Fretto added, the first time a prosecutor gave a possible timeline for plea bargains in open court.

Fuck that.

None of those treasonous assholes should get a minute less than the consecutive total sentences of every crime they committed.

There should be NO mercy for any of them.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Tough guy with a big mouth.
 

Alex Jones allegedly threatened to throw Trump rally organizer off a stage

Police in Washington, DC, are investigating an allegation that conspiracy theorist Alex Jones threatened to push a pro-Trump political organizer off of an event stage in December, according to people familiar with the incident. 

The allegation was filed with DC police by Kylie Jane Kremer, executive director of the organization Women for America First, a group that helped organize a series of post-election rallies, including one in a park south of the White House that preceded the Capitol riot on January 6.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Fuck that.

None of those treasonous assholes should get a minute less than the consecutive total sentences of every crime they committed.

There should be NO mercy for any of them.

break windows = "treason"

Pity that our foreign experts seem to be unable to actually read things like the constitution.

Pity that these same "experts" seem to be unwilling to comment on things like daily assaults on federal officers every day at the fed courthouse in Portland.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people you worry about....some you don't.

Some you prepare for, some you don't. 

Some people respect law enforcement.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bpm57 said:

break windows = "treason"

Pity that our foreign experts seem to be unable to actually read things like the constitution.

Pity that these same "experts" seem to be unwilling to comment on things like daily assaults on federal officers every day at the fed courthouse in Portland.

What the fuck do you care about the constitution?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Man Charged With Attacking Cop At Capitol Riot Buried Police Badge In Backyard

A New York man arrested Friday for assaulting a D.C. Metropolitan Police Officer during the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol confessed to the FBI that he buried the officer’s badge in his backyard after he returned home.

Thomas Sibick was arrested Friday in Buffalo, New York, according to court records. Sibick faces five charges, including obstruction of law enforcement during civil disorder, assaulting or impeding officers, and taking a thing of value by force or intimidation.

Sibick was caught on video assaulting MPD Officer Mike Fanone, who was tasered and assaulted by rioters, who dragged him into the mob as they tried to get into the Capitol. HuffPost previously reported on the identity of a man in a MAGA hat seen using a taser on Fanone during the attack.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bpm57 said:

break windows = "treason"

You've joined the Dog Club of minimizing.  Waterboarding is "Squirting water up someone's nose".

Congratulations. 

 

You're an idiot.  

Minimize that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bpm57 said:

break windows = "treason"

Pity that our foreign experts seem to be unable to actually read things like the constitution.

Pity that these same "experts" seem to be unwilling to comment on things like daily assaults on federal officers every day at the fed courthouse in Portland.

Interfering with the peaceful transition of power by attempting a coup. Treason.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, benwynn said:

You've joined the Dog Club of minimizing.  Waterboarding is "Squirting water up someone's nose".

Congratulations. 

 

You're an idiot.  

Minimize that.

Took you long enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Navy investigators found contractor in Capitol riot was known as a white supremacist

A U.S. Army reservist who participated in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot was widely known as a white supremacist and regularly discussed his hatred of Jews while working at a New Jersey-based naval facility, according to new evidence revealed by federal prosecutors late Friday.

The reservist, Timothy Hale-Cusanelli, who worked as a security contractor at Naval Weapons Station Earle and held a secret-level security clearance, was arrested and charged Jan. 15 for allegedly breaching the Capitol. At the time, prosecutors described him as an “avowed white supremacist” and Nazi sympathizer, a determination based in part on evidence provided by a confidential source to the Naval Criminal Investigative Service and a YouTube channel in which Hale-Cusanelli expressed those views.

But Friday’s filing — a bid to keep Hale-Cusanelli in prison while awaiting trial — included newly revealed results of an extensive NCIS investigation following Hale-Cusanelli’s arrest. That investigation included interviews with 44 colleagues at NWS Earle conducted on Jan. 20 and 21.

Of those interviewed, 34 agreed Hale-Cusanelli held “extremist or radical views pertaining to the Jewish people, minorities, and women.” One contractor colleague said he discussed his dislike for Jews every day. A supervisor told investigators she had to admonish him for sporting a “Hitler“ mustache (images of which prosecutors extracted from Hale-Cusanelli’s phone).

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

WTF is wrong with the Navy for not DD'ing him?

He was a contractor so it wouldn't have been a DD. They could have fired him but he was working with other contractors and that tends to be a right wing lot together with a dose of choirboy syndrome thrown in.

Clearances are hard to get (cumbersome might be a better word) but once you have them, they're like a union card. You're in the guild. Then there are jobs which only clearance holders can qualify for. Moreover, it is a recession proof industry. But DON'T call it socialism.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, benwynn said:

You've joined the Dog Club of minimizing.  Waterboarding is "Squirting water up someone's nose".

Congratulations. 

 

You're an idiot.  

Minimize that.

Atomic bomb = physics experiment

Arson = BBQ that got out of hand

Rape = amateur gynecology

Car theft = test drive

Murder = target practice

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Atomic bomb = physics experiment

Arson = BBQ that got out of hand

Rape = amateur gynecology

Car theft = test drive

Murder = target practice

 

To be fair, the side on which someone falls in those examples depends on whether they are DemocRATS or Americans. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Atomic bomb = physics experiment

Arson = BBQ that got out of hand

Rape = amateur gynecology

Car theft = test drive

Murder = target practice

 

Thank you.  My kids kids enjoyed this. 
 

At their dentist’s office, a standard form asked me if the patient had any psychological problems or mental handicaps. I wrote “just his parents”.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Olsonist said:

He was a contractor so it wouldn't have been a DD. They could have fired him

A U.S. Army reservist who participated in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot was widely known as a white supremacist

Army reservist working for the Navy and the military couldn't axe him?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

A U.S. Army reservist who participated in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot was widely known as a white supremacist

Army reservist working for the Navy and the military couldn't axe him?

Yeah, you have a point. But that would have been the Army Reserve discharging him from his one weekend a month reserve duty and not the Naval Weapons Facility firing him from his security contractor day job. That said, this piece of shit is going to get fired, DD'd, lose his clearance and go to prison. He'll then be a felon; so he won't be able to own a gun either.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Yeah, you have a point. But that would have been the Army Reserve discharging him from his one weekend a month reserve duty and not the Naval Weapons Facility firing him from his security contractor day job. That said, this piece of shit is going to get fired, DD'd, lose his clearance and go to prison. He'll then be a felon; so he won't be able to own a gun either.

He is quite the character

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Yeah, you have a point. But that would have been the Army Reserve discharging him from his one weekend a month reserve duty and not the Naval Weapons Facility firing him from his security contractor day job. That said, this piece of shit is going to get fired, DD'd, lose his clearance and go to prison. He'll then be a felon; so he won't be able to own a gun either.

Goll Durn. Bein white is hard. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

He is quite the character

 

Put a hat and some medals on him and he'd look like the dictator from Moon Over Parador

MV5BYTAyZDU2ODctNWViYi00ZmViLTgxMWUtNmFlNjMxMzZlNzkzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Police Shrugged Off the Proud Boys, Until They Attacked the Capitol

Mr. Biggs, 37, and Mr. Nordean, 30, are major targets in a federal investigation that prosecutors on Thursday said could be “one of the largest in American history.” They face some of the most serious charges stemming from the attack on the U.S. Capitol in January: leading a mob of about 100 Proud Boys in a coordinated plan to disrupt the certification of President Donald J. Trump’s electoral defeat.

But an examination of the two men’s histories shows that local and federal law enforcement agencies passed up several opportunities to take action against them and their fellow Proud Boys long before they breached the Capitol.

The group’s propensity for violence and extremism was no secret. But the F.B.I. and other agencies had often seen the Proud Boys as they chose to portray themselves, according to more than a half-dozen current and former federal officials: as mere street brawlers who lacked the organization or ambition of typical bureau targets like neo-Nazis, international terrorists and Mexican drug cartels.

“There was a sense that, yes, their ideology is of concern, and, yes, they are known to have committed acts of violence that would be by definition terrorism, but we don’t worry about them,” said Elizabeth Neumann, an assistant secretary for threat prevention in the Department of Homeland Security who left last year. “The Proud Boys are just the guys-that-drink-too much-after-the-football-game-and-tend-to-get-into-bar-fights type of people — people that never looked organized enough to cause serious national security threats.”

Although law enforcements agencies cannot investigate political groups without reasonable suspicion of a crime, some former officials said they were surprised by the Proud Boys’ apparent impunity.

“They committed violence in public, used videos of that violence to promote themselves for other rallies and then traveled across the country to engage in violence again,” said Mike German, a fellow at the Brennan Center for Justice at New York University and a former F.B.I. agent who worked undercover among right-wing groups. “How that didn’t attract F.B.I. attention is hard for me to understand.”

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 Men Charged In Capitol Riot Recorded Bonkers Boasts They Crashed The White House

Two men who have been charged in the Capitol riot recorded gleeful — and embarrassing — shots of themselves in the Rotunda that day, boasting that they had “crashed the White House.”

 

Nope.

The goofy foul-up was exposed in an FBI affidavit late last month supporting criminal charges against wannabe big shots Jeffrey Shane Witcher and his friend Richard Franklin Barnard, both of Texas.

“I am in the White House! We crashed this! Our house! We did it! We did it, family, we did it!” Witcher said in a cellphone video, according to the affidavit.

“We did it! We’re in the White House!” Witcher added in case viewers didn’t get the mistake the first time around. “I’m out here with my brother Richard Barnard. ... It’s our house, it’s our house! Our house! Hey family, we did it. We came, and we did it. We’re inside the White House. Our house.”

 

Is there such a crime as "criminally stupid"? They are from Texas,, I guess they could have been from Florida.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

2 Men Charged In Capitol Riot Recorded Bonkers Boasts They Crashed The White House

Two men who have been charged in the Capitol riot recorded gleeful — and embarrassing — shots of themselves in the Rotunda that day, boasting that they had “crashed the White House.”

 

Nope.

The goofy foul-up was exposed in an FBI affidavit late last month supporting criminal charges against wannabe big shots Jeffrey Shane Witcher and his friend Richard Franklin Barnard, both of Texas.

“I am in the White House! We crashed this! Our house! We did it! We did it, family, we did it!” Witcher said in a cellphone video, according to the affidavit.

“We did it! We’re in the White House!” Witcher added in case viewers didn’t get the mistake the first time around. “I’m out here with my brother Richard Barnard. ... It’s our house, it’s our house! Our house! Hey family, we did it. We came, and we did it. We’re inside the White House. Our house.”

 

Is there such a crime as "criminally stupid"? They are from Texas,, I guess they could have been from Florida.

Or Alabama, or Mississippi, or Louisiana...

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Officers Danced at a Black Lives Matter Rally. Then They Stormed the Capitol.

ROCKY MOUNT, Va. — One sunny day last spring, Bridgette Craighead was dancing the Electric Slide with three police officers in the grass next to the farmers’ market. It was the first Black Lives Matter protest this rural Virginia county had ever had, and Ms. Craighead, a 29-year-old hairdresser, had organized it.

She had not known what to expect. But when the officers arrived, they were friendly. They held her signs high, and stood next to her, smiling. Later an officer brought pizzas and McDonald’s Happy Meals. They even politely ignored her cousin’s expired license plate.

This, she thought, was the best of America. Police officers and Black Lives Matter activists laughing and dancing together. They were proving that, in some small way, their Southern county with its painful past was changing. They had gotten beyond the racist ways of older people. This made her feel proud. In a photograph from that day, Sgt. Thomas Robertson is smiling, and Ms. Craighead is standing behind him, her face tilted toward the sun and her fist held high.

She did not see the officers around Rocky Mount much after that. But in early January, someone sent her a photograph. It showed Officer Jacob Fracker and Sergeant Robertson posing inside the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, the day the building was stormed by Donald J. Trump’s most fervent supporters.

At first, she did not believe it. Not her officers. But there they were, Officer Fracker giving the camera his middle finger. She confronted them on Facebook and they did not deny it. On the contrary, they were proud.

What came next happened fast. The officers were arrested, their homes searched and their guns confiscated. Residents yelled at one another outside the municipal building while the Town Council was inside debating the officers’ jobs. Ms. Craighead and her hair salon received threatening emails and Facebook messages. The officers did too. Everybody, it seemed, was angry.

From the best of America to the worst of America. That was Franklin County over the past year. But what happens now? Mr. Fracker, 29, and Mr. Robertson, 48, both veterans, one who served in Afghanistan, the other in Iraq, say they did not participate in any of the violence that happened at the Capitol that day, when scores of people were hurt and five lost their lives. The charges they face — disorderly conduct and disrupting the proceedings of Congress — are nonviolent, and less serious than those facing people accused of assaulting police officers. They went to Washington to express their views, and they say they went to war so Ms. Craighead would be able to express hers too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

The Officers Danced at a Black Lives Matter Rally. Then They Stormed the Capitol.

ROCKY MOUNT, Va. — One sunny day last spring, Bridgette Craighead was dancing the Electric Slide with three police officers in the grass next to the farmers’ market. It was the first Black Lives Matter protest this rural Virginia county had ever had, and Ms. Craighead, a 29-year-old hairdresser, had organized it.

She had not known what to expect. But when the officers arrived, they were friendly. They held her signs high, and stood next to her, smiling. Later an officer brought pizzas and McDonald’s Happy Meals. They even politely ignored her cousin’s expired license plate.

This, she thought, was the best of America. Police officers and Black Lives Matter activists laughing and dancing together. They were proving that, in some small way, their Southern county with its painful past was changing. They had gotten beyond the racist ways of older people. This made her feel proud. In a photograph from that day, Sgt. Thomas Robertson is smiling, and Ms. Craighead is standing behind him, her face tilted toward the sun and her fist held high.

She did not see the officers around Rocky Mount much after that. But in early January, someone sent her a photograph. It showed Officer Jacob Fracker and Sergeant Robertson posing inside the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, the day the building was stormed by Donald J. Trump’s most fervent supporters.

At first, she did not believe it. Not her officers. But there they were, Officer Fracker giving the camera his middle finger. She confronted them on Facebook and they did not deny it. On the contrary, they were proud.

What came next happened fast. The officers were arrested, their homes searched and their guns confiscated. Residents yelled at one another outside the municipal building while the Town Council was inside debating the officers’ jobs. Ms. Craighead and her hair salon received threatening emails and Facebook messages. The officers did too. Everybody, it seemed, was angry.

From the best of America to the worst of America. That was Franklin County over the past year. But what happens now? Mr. Fracker, 29, and Mr. Robertson, 48, both veterans, one who served in Afghanistan, the other in Iraq, say they did not participate in any of the violence that happened at the Capitol that day, when scores of people were hurt and five lost their lives. The charges they face — disorderly conduct and disrupting the proceedings of Congress — are nonviolent, and less serious than those facing people accused of assaulting police officers. They went to Washington to express their views, and they say they went to war so Ms. Craighead would be able to express hers too.

That's the danger of being sucked into the swirl of RWNJ fantasy media.

There's an element of American idealism in demanding accountability from our representatives, in person and loudly. There's an element of being a violent dumbass in eagerly swallowing a pack of racist lies and storming the Capitol.

The people that I know personally who were in DC for "the rally" on Jan 6th all say they left "when Antifa and BLM started the violence" so not everybody was fully caught up in the "let's storm the Capitol" wave. I'm inclined to give people benefit of the doubt... I also think those who are guilty of violence are just as culpable in the 5 deaths.

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

That's the danger of being sucked into the swirl of RWNJ fantasy media.

There's an element of American idealism in demanding accountability from our representatives, in person and loudly. There's an element of being a violent dumbass in eagerly swallowing a pack of racist lies and storming the Capitol.

The people that I know personally who were in DC for "the rally" on Jan 6th all say they left "when Antifa and BLM started the violence" so not everybody was fully caught up in the "let's storm the Capitol" wave. I'm inclined to give people benefit of the doubt... I also think those who are guilty of violence are just as culpable in the 5 deaths.

- DSK

Did you tell them that it wasn't Antifa, or BLM that started the violence, or are they too far gone to accept the facts?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Yeah, you have a point. But that would have been the Army Reserve discharging him from his one weekend a month reserve duty and not the Naval Weapons Facility firing him from his security contractor day job. That said, this piece of shit is going to get fired, DD'd, lose his clearance and go to prison. He'll then be a felon; so he won't be able to own a gun either.

Love a happy ending.:P

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

“We did it! We’re in the White House!” Witcher added in case viewers didn’t get the mistake the first time around. “I’m out here with my brother Richard Barnard. ... It’s our house, it’s our house! Our house! Hey family, we did it. We came, and we did it. We’re inside the White House. Our house.”

I think he might get tired of all the winning upon discovering that prisons are "our houses" too. A perfect example of why "nincomcoup" applies.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Two men arrested and charged for assaulting Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick

Two men have been arrested and charged for assaulting US Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick, who died after responding on January 6 to hundreds of rioters who stormed the Capitol, the Justice Department announced Monday.

Julian Elie Khater, 32, of Pennsylvania, and George Pierre Tanios, 39, of West Virginia, are alleged to have worked together to spray police, including Sicknick, with bear spray, 

Investigators had struggled for weeks to build a federal murder case in Sicknick's death as they pored over video and photographs to try to determine the moment in which he suffered his fatal injuries. Investigators determined that initial reports suggesting Sicknick had been struck with a fire extinguisher weren't true.

"Officers Sicknick, Edwards and Chapman, who are standing within a few feet of KHATER, all react, one by one, to something striking them in the face. The officers immediately retreat from the line, bring their hands to their faces and rush to find water to wash out their eyes," the FBI wrote in court papers, describing the melee caught on video.

The two men are charged with nine counts, with several of them relating to violence and assaulting officers.

Court records show federal authorities also searched Tanios' property in West Virginia this weekend. 

Prosecutors are seeking to keep him in jail pending trial, because he could flee or obstruct justice, and because they believe he is a danger to the community, court records say.

More than 300 people have been charged in connection with the January 6 assault on the US Capitol by pro-Trump rioters -- a figure DOJ now says could easily pass 400. Charges are also likely coming against additional members of the Oath Keepers, building on the existing conspiracy case that already has nine defendants, prosecutors said last week in court.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Sol,

What is it you say about bullshitting in the courtroom?  Granted, this guy didn't do that - yet.  But, a judge appears to have caught him bullshitting.

A Judge Thinks the QAnon Shaman Is Lying. And Has Videos to Prove It.

He is clearly advocating a relative truth which he believes and will repeat until it becomes accepted as the truth. We see that often around here. Bullshitters like that fare poorly in court. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2021 at 3:40 PM, Bus Driver said:

I am not a lawyer.

But, it seems like things are really not going your way when the response to your request includes the line "that argument is so frivolous as to insult the Court's intelligence".

But he saved the muffins! 

 https://www.thedailybeast.com/qanon-shaman-says-he-stopped-muffin-theft-during-capitol-riot?via=rss&source=articles_fancylink

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Great Red Shark said:

coincidence.jpg

That's a very good point. Many of these clowns were just waiting to be pegged by people who thought they were abhorrent assholes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Texas Three Percenters member charged in Jan. 6 riot set up security company to circumvent gun laws, obtain high-grade weapons, U.S. alleges

“I have a new security business to circumvent the 2nd Amendment issue,” Reffitt said via encrypted chat Jan. 9 to two recruits he met at the Capitol, prosecutors said in court papers and a teleconference hearing.

He named his company TPP Security Services in the chat, prosecutors said.

“We can get ammo and weapons available to law enforcement. . . . The fight has only just begun,” Reffitt allegedly wrote, according to Assistant U.S. Attorney Jeffrey S. Nestler.

Reffitt allegedly directed other members to destroy evidence and be ready for future violence, and kept an unregistered silencer in a safe, the prosecutor said. He wrote Jan. 13: “This has only just begun and will not end until we The People of The Republic have won our country back. We had thousands of weapons and fired no rounds yet showed numbers. The next time we will not be so cordial.”

Link to post
Share on other sites