Maybe Storming The Capitol Wasn't Such A Good Idea

23 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Nope

Like I've said, one of the burdens of being the good guys is that you gotta keep trying. You keep holding a hand out knowing the odds of getting bite (judgement comes in how FAR to hold it out). If we offer a path to citizenship for DREAMers, and illegal immigrants with clean records, the non-criminals in the mob should have a path to redemption as good citizens.

They were lied to badly. Their biggest flaw is choosing to believe hateful bullshit. The guys that brought the cuffs, and bombs, and beat Officer Brian Sicknick? Yeah, fuck them. Tie a brick to them and toss 'em off a bridge. That's not who I'm talking about holding a hand out.

Agree

Plenty of southerners have the same idea. Usually when they taser themselves in the nuts, they wanna blame somebody else, too.

- DSK

Just so we're clear, do you advocate that anyone who's committed any crime can demonstrate "they know they messed up" and get no prison time?  Or just these good people?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks take great pride in their ignorance and go out of their way to flaunt it, even to exaggerate it. They like to show it off like they are wearing a lair of the latest Air Jordans. I don't get

You are talking about folks that were taking selfies, some with their company IDs hanging from their necks. Burner phones to cover their tracks?  I'm surprised they didn't order delivered pizzas

We've had some bad experiences with pardoning nazis attempting a coup here in Germany. I'd strongly advice against such measures.

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, BrickTopHarry said:

Just so we're clear, do you advocate that anyone who's committed any crime can demonstrate "they know they messed up" and get no prison time?  Or just these good people?

IMHO it depends on the crime

A lot of people that are repeat petty criminals have really shitty attitudes. All of them have have been pushed around and punished, most of them for pretty much all their lives. My experience is mostly from volunteer work (and boy do they assume you're a soft-headed sucker) but somewhat from years of work in hard-hat USA too. For example, working at the SPCA as a volunteer. I love dogs, always have, learned a lot about them, and want to learn more. Sentenced to community service for DUI, classic. "I ain't shoveling shit" well back to jail then. "OK, I will" an hour later, no shit shoveled but a crumpled pack of cigarettes on the floor. Community service hours 0, now they're REALLY fucking mad.

About a 1/4 of the time, they'll be open to realize that I have to shovel the shit they won't touch. And I do, with no complaint. Fact: shit must be shoveled. Deal with facts, not whiny-ass excuses, you get a lot further in life. Some can learn it by watching if they see it, some will soak it up if you teach t to them patiently enough, some will never fucking learn and will need a serious ass-kicking to keep them the hell away from the rest of society.

But IMHO one of the hallmarks of a good society is one that leaves a door open to learn and improve. Upward mobility, from ANY level of society. It's not easy.

- DSK

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

IMHO it depends on the crime

A lot of people that are repeat petty criminals have really shitty attitudes. All of them have have been pushed around and punished, most of them for pretty much all their lives. My experience is mostly from volunteer work (and boy do they assume you're a soft-headed sucker) but somewhat from years of work in hard-hat USA too. For example, working at the SPCA as a volunteer. I love dogs, always have, learned a lot about them, and want to learn more. Sentenced to community service for DUI, classic. "I ain't shoveling shit" well back to jail then. "OK, I will" an hour later, no shit shoveled but a crumpled pack of cigarettes on the floor. Community service hours 0, now they're REALLY fucking mad.

About a 1/4 of the time, they'll be open to realize that I have to shovel the shit they won't touch. And I do, with no complaint. Fact: shit must be shoveled. Deal with facts, not whiny-ass excuses, you get a lot further in life. Some can learn it by watching if they see it, some will soak it up if you teach t to them patiently enough, some will never fucking learn and will need a serious ass-kicking to keep them the hell away from the rest of society.

But IMHO one of the hallmarks of a good society is one that leaves a door open to learn and improve. Upward mobility, from ANY level of society. It's not easy.

- DSK

What if they are Black and poor and were seen walking on a public street, driving on a public road, shopping, playing in a park, jogging, sitting on a bench, birdwatching or leaving a hotel?  

37 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

What if they are Black and poor and were seen walking on a public street, driving on a public road, shopping, playing in a park, jogging, sitting on a bench, birdwatching or leaving a hotel?  

What if the shape-shifting lizard people aimed an invisible ray at your head and implanted thoughts into your mind?

I mean, if we're dealing with hypotheticals, let's not restrict ourselves...

FKT

21 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

What if the shape-shifting lizard people aimed an invisible ray at your head and implanted thoughts into your mind?

FKT

I think Left Shift's point, and what I was trying to get at, is Steam Flyer is saying "well it depends upon the crime and the criminal" whether they get to say the realize they were wrong and get community service.  It implies that people's education, socioeconomic status etc. are going to play a prominent role in how much of a break they're going to get from Steam Flyer.

To me, attempting a violent overthrow of the government is about as serious a crime as you can commit and the idea that treating any of these people with kid gloves will do anything but encourage them through lack of consequences is laughable, it's a ludicrous position.

25 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Subordination to civilian control is the point. This is opposed to civilians subordinate to the military.  

I suppose politicians are technically civilians, after all they only start the wars. They don't actually fight them. 

3 hours ago, Left Shift said:

Call back after you've done 2,000 hours of community service at your local homeless shelter or food bank.  Then we'll talk.

At least he's smart enough to know he fucked himself.

When convicted he gets to spend 10 years in a Federal one room efficiency.

1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

FKT

Well, George Floyd is a whole lot less hypothetical than shape shifting lizard people.  Agreed?

33 minutes ago, saxdog said:

When convicted he gets to spend 10 years in a Federal one room efficiency.

That's punishment.  Well deserved.  I'm suggesting penance prior to forgiveness.  I badly expressed mywelf.

1 hour ago, BrickTopHarry said:

I think Left Shift's point, and what I was trying to get at, is Steam Flyer is saying "well it depends upon the crime and the criminal" whether they get to say the realize they were wrong and get community service.  It implies that people's education, socioeconomic status etc. are going to play a prominent role in how much of a break they're going to get from Steam Flyer.

To me, attempting a violent overthrow of the government is about as serious a crime as you can commit and the idea that treating any of these people with kid gloves will do anything but encourage them through lack of consequences is laughable, it's a ludicrous position.

I never hung out with murderers (that I know of). Most of the recidivists I've had any experience with were petty crooks... non-support, drunken assault, repeat DUI (it's tough to not hate those guys). The system says that you're not supposed to know what they've done but 1- it's a small town and 2- most of them will tell you if you ask. They're guys let out of jail to do community service. Does the part of the system that makes -that- call need improvement? Probably yes but that's not my field.

To a crook, he's ALWAYS innocent. Always been framed, if you listen to there excuses. Yeah whatever,  you're here to shovel shit, OK? OK... once they get past the whiny-ass excuses (almost universal) you can talk about sports or something. Start small, encourage success and a positive attitude.

As for "violent overthrow of the government" I agree. Colonel Cuff-Ties? Fuck him, tie a brick to him and throw him off the bridge. The skinheads who believe Trump will let them drag niggers behind their pickup trucks? Fuck them too. The dumbass that was stealing the podium? Maybe. 95% of that mob was there because they listened to a string of lies for years. They need to be encouraged and helped to see the destructiveness of lies... yes they need to make an effort but they also need to not have the door slammed in their face.

If you don't like the moral principle of trying to maintain good-guy status, or some of the other namby-pamby shit, here's two hard practical reasons. Our society needs workers. The second is even harder and more practical: there's too many of them to kill 'em all.

- DSK

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I never hung out with murderers (that I know of). Most of the recidivists I've had any experience with were petty crooks... non-support, drunken assault, repeat DUI (it's tough to not hate those guys). The system says that you're not supposed to know what they've done but 1- it's a small town and 2- most of them will tell you if you ask. They're guys let out of jail to do community service. Does the part of the system that makes -that- call need improvement? Probably yes but that's not my field.

To a crook, he's ALWAYS innocent. Always been framed, if you listen to there excuses. Yeah whatever,  you're here to shovel shit, OK? OK... once they get past the whiny-ass excuses (almost universal) you can talk about sports or something. Start small, encourage success and a positive attitude.

As for "violent overthrow of the government" I agree. Colonel Cuff-Ties? Fuck him, tie a brick to him and throw him off the bridge. The skinheads who believe Trump will let them drag niggers behind their pickup trucks? Fuck them too. The dumbass that was stealing the podium? Maybe. 95% of that mob was there because they listened to a string of lies for years. They need to be encouraged and helped to see the destructiveness of lies... yes they need to make an effort but they also need to not have the door slammed in their face.

If you don't like the moral principle of trying to maintain good-guy status, or some of the other namby-pamby shit, here's two hard practical reasons. Our society needs workers. The second is even harder and more practical: there's too many of them to kill 'em all.

- DSK

Not enough workers, too many drones.

3 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

But IMHO one of the hallmarks of a good society is one that leaves a door open to learn and improve.

Well, I got a second chance, luckily for me, so I'm inclined to approve of them for others too . . 

but it is way tougher for folks with zero in the way of family or other support systems, or poor, or minorities  

• Like 1

At least they aren't blubbering like little girls.

Revolutions have consequences.

Are they on a "No Bus" list as well?

How about a "No Car Rental" list?

Let them walk back to fucking Wyoming.

I like this version, better - 

Granted, not all of those starring in this are terrorists from the assault on the Capitol.  Some are just run-of-the-mill "anti-mask" assholes.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, BrickTopHarry said:

I agree with this, but stem is pulling from experience and I think his way of thinking has some marit.  IMHO at the beginning, I felt that anyone that set foot in the building should be hit with a 20 yr sentence(still do).  But, on seeing some of the vids, It is 100% possable that some were in there by circumstance and not necissarily by their own will.  So, Should the guy waving the flag from the top of the steps be charged with the same thing as the horned freak??  I do not know, but everyone that is proven to be in the building needs to be hit with something and not just comm service.  

6 minutes ago, shaggy said:

I agree with this, but stem is pulling from experience and I think his way of thinking has some marit.  IMHO at the beginning, I felt that anyone that set foot in the building should be hit with a 20 yr sentence(still do).  But, on seeing some of the vids, It is 100% possable that some were in there by circumstance and not necissarily by their own will.  So, Should the guy waving the flag from the top of the steps be charged with the same thing as the horned freak??  I do not know, but everyone that is proven to be in the building needs to be hit with something and not just comm service.  

I think you need to arrest everyone and start asking questions. It will become apparent over time who in the bunch were terrorists and who were rioters. Rioters don't need to go to prison forever, just learn a lesson. Terrorists should go to prison forever. As those arrested begin to talk and the FBI has time to sift through photos and hacked data from Parler, they can sort them into the above mentioned buckets.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, LenP said:

I think you need to arrest everyone and start asking questions. It will become apparent over time who in the bunch were terrorists and who were rioters. Rioters don't need to go to prison forever, just learn a lesson. Terrorists should go to prison forever. As those arrested begin to talk and the FBI has time to sift through photos and hacked data from Parler, they can sort them into the above mentioned buckets.

Fuck that - every person that can be identified should be prosecuted to the fullest extent possible. They were all insurrectionists.

No mercy.

Offer the identified ones a month off their sentence for each further insurrectionist they identify.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, 3to1 said:

bahahahaaa!! eat that shit, cooter.

I think the guy is just starting to realize how badly he has fucked up his life. Can't fly home, will have to explain to family, employer, et al, why.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, BrickTopHarry said:

The younger ziptie guy, now in custody, went to a lot of MAGA type rallies around TN wearing exactly the same "tacticLOL" getup, with pics and video posted on social media, it's how he was identified.  Probably goes to bed in that outfit.

In other news, HAHAHAHA:

You play, you pay bitch.

19 hours ago, Amati said:

Caught up in the moment, and from Idaho?  Long moment.  

I’d argue he’s so habituated to ‘the moment’ he wouldn’t know when it started, or if it ended, if it has.  Don’t believe a word he says.  It wasn’t a fucking tailgate party.

That isn't his "moment".  His "moment" started when he bought his plane ticket, got up and dressed himself all in black, filled up his backpack with gear, pulled on his gloves, put on his helmet, listened to the Mango, went to the Capitol, pushed down barriers, fought with police, broke into the Legislative Chamber and climbed over that rail to do damage and/or look for Representatives.  

Fucking looooooong "moment".

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

The last sentence sure sounds like a threat - 

A day after the Capitol riot, the MCCF shared a video of an unmasked group of peaceful protesters waving American and Trump flags and singing the national anthem.

"This is what a peaceful protest looks like. They should pray we stay that way," the post reads.

• Like 1

This is a long (90ish minutes) and tough watch but worth it I think.  It's basically chronological compiled video from 1/5-1/6/21, documenting everything from the buildup of fascists in DC the day before, the inciting speeches by POTUS, his hellspawn, Rudy and others, and the various events of the day including the invasion of the Capitol, the various violent fights within and at the gates, the shooting of Babbitt (although it doesn't contain the longer WaPo video which is best for that), down to the resumption of EC certification.  Some captioning but no voiceover commentary.  Very well done.  The invaders were no doubt a violent angry mob and no one within would have any reason to conclude other than that if they fell into their hands they would likely be maimed or killed.  I don't know if Fox and others are showing all this content or just the sanitized stuff of people walking inside the ropes, but if people are kidding themselves that it was just harmless frat bullshit (or "locker room talk") then they are avoiding seeing what happened.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

At least they aren't blubbering like little girls.

Revolutions have consequences.

Are they on a "No Bus" list as well?

How about a "No Car Rental" list?

I wonder if there will be a sudden uptick of Republican support for Amtrak public rail.  

4 minutes ago, Lark said:
2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I wonder if there will be a sudden uptick of Republican support for Amtrak public rail.  

:lol:

That would be a worthwhile outcome

- DSK

23 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

That isn't his "moment".  His "moment" started when he bought his plane ticket, got up and dressed himself all in black, filled up his backpack with gear, pulled on his gloves, put on his helmet, listened to the Mango, went to the Capitol, pushed down barriers, fought with police, broke into the Legislative Chamber and climbed over that rail to do damage and/or look for Representatives.  

Fucking looooooong "moment".

Yup.  We were until recently living in Spokane for ten years- & I grew up in Wenatchee in the 50’s and 60’s, surrounded by John Birchers.  So I’d argue the moment stretched out for more than half a century............. he had listened to and believed the stuff and men (personally, and in print, for a long time, and on media since the early 90’s) that convinced him to buy all that kit, train on the ranges and training centers before he bought the ticket.

It does help to remember though that Idaho has one of those ‘conservative’ state income taxes ..... :lol::lol::lol:

1 hour ago, hobie1616 said:

Psy Ops.   Great, a person trained by the US military to influence large groups of people to overthrow their government or destroy their country's ability to function tried to take down the US government.   

As a Psychological Operations Officer, you’ll be a master of persuasion and influence, and an expert in political trends, cultural trends, and attitudes of the people in your given area of operation. You’ll utilize your understanding of social psychology and individual and group dynamics to influence individuals, groups, and populations.    GOARMY.com

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Lark said:
1 hour ago, hobie1616 said:

Psy Ops.   Great, a person trained by the US military to influence large groups of people to overthrow their government or destroy their country's ability to function tried to take down the US government.   

As a Psychological Operations Officer, you’ll be a master of persuasion and influence, and an expert in political trends, cultural trends, and attitudes of the people in your given area of operation. You’ll utilize your understanding of social psychology and individual and group dynamics to influence individuals, groups, and populations.    GOARMY.com

She'll be in a certain amount of trouble even with pro-Trump senior officers for attracting the wrong kind of attention to her operation.

But this is an excellent example of what I mean by, don't count 100% on "massive security"

- DSK

• Like 1

As Trump supporters continue to plan rallies in Washington, DC, before and during Joe Biden's inauguration, GoFundMe, the largest fundraising platform in the world, has banned their ability to raise money for travel expenses.

GoFundMe, used by 96 million people, announced the decision to ban those fundraisers on Monday. Like other tech giants, the crowdfunding company, which has processed more than 120 million donations since it launched in 2010, has been scrambling to find, monitor, and remove incendiary pro-Trump content.

"Due to the violence, GoFundMe has removed numerous fundraisers intended to raise money for travel expenses,” a spokesperson told BuzzFeed News. “GoFundMe will remove fundraisers for travel expenses to a future political event where there's risk of violence by the attendees."

GoFundMe campaigns have helped to raise money for and spread the world about pro-Trump events. BuzzFeed News previously identified more than a dozen campaigns, which the site has since removed, that raised money for people to travel to DC for the rally on Jan. 6 that morphed into a violent, deadly attempted coup. In November, the site also took down a fundraising page for spreading election misinformation.

Since November, GoFundMe told BuzzFeed News, it has found and deleted about 1,400 election-related fundraising campaigns that violated their terms of service. Many of these campaigns were related to “Stop the Steal” rallies, spreading conspiracy theories about election fraud, promoting violence, or trying to raise money for legal fees for people who stormed the Capitol.

As a result of its new policy, the platform has removed 40 campaigns that were created solely to help fund people’s travel to DC for upcoming rallies.

Trump supporters, from couples in Arizona to popular right-wing personalities like Candace Owens, had been using GoFundMe to ratchet up financial support for years. The site suspended the commentator in June for her repeated “pattern of inflammatory statements that spread hate, discrimination, intolerance and falsehoods.”

Before the violence in DC last week, millions of people could create fundraising campaigns to help them travel to political events.

In one campaign, titled #PatriotPilgrimageDC, 285 donors raised $21,548 “to financially support Patriots on their voyage to the capital on 1/6/21 for the DC Protest!”

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/briannasacks/gofundme-ban-political-travel

36 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

I don't know why this won't link cleanly. Whatever, it's Twatter.

Hey, Jake!  Ww all realize that your body is a temple, but...Actions have consequences.  Eat your baloney sandwich, dude.  

News Flash!!!  That thing has a mother!

snow-covered-buffalo-688x911.jpg

7 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Hey, Jake!  Ww all realize that your body is a temple, but...Actions have consequences.  Eat your baloney sandwich, dude.  

News Flash!!!  That thing has a mother! 

Failure to launch lunch.

• Like 2
“Jacob Chansley, AKA Jake Angeli, Arizona man makes first court appearance in for charges related to storming the U.S. Capitol. His mom says he hasn’t eaten since Friday because the detention facility won’t feed him all organic food.”
Image may contain: one or more people and beard

He can eat the shit they smeared all over the Capitol, for all I care.  It's "organic".

Ain't this just too damn bad.  

Michael Holmes @holmescnn 

@nytimes - “Deutsche Bank, which has been Trump’s primary lender for two decades, has decided not to do business with Trump or his company in the future. 

“Trump currently owes Deutsche Bank more than $300 million, which is due in the next few years.” 

7:31 PM · Jan 11, 2021

12 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Ain't this just too damn bad.  

Michael Holmes @holmescnn 

@nytimes - “Deutsche Bank, which has been Trump’s primary lender for two decades, has decided not to do business with Trump or his company in the future. 

“Trump currently owes Deutsche Bank more than $300 million, which is due in the next few years.” 

7:31 PM · Jan 11, 2021

Sounds like, as the notes come due, there is no option to refi.

Wonder who will be willing to help him out of THAT jam?

12 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

If he pulls off Wednesday after nexts stunt, a lot of banks.

The more I read of these events, the more apparent it is that this event was an inside job. It was orchestrated not by a sacrificial lamb shaman idiot but by people in a position of power doing Donnie’s bidding and directing that Pence and Pelosi be eliminated.

When are we going to see the heads that are responsible on a pike because that’s what these  people deserve.

They are the traitors that matter and without cutting their heads off your democracy days are numbered.

Because they will try again and do a better more efficient job next time.

• Like 4

The party of "lets lock up kids because their parents broke the law" is now the party of "lets heal" and "it was just a little light insurrection that didn't really go anywhere so dont put us in jail."

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, Mike G said:

The party of "lets lock up kids because their parents broke the law" is now the party of "lets heal" and "it was just a little light insurrection that didn't really go anywhere so dont put us in jail."

Fuck them.

I-AM-A-FUGITIVE-FROM-A-CHAIN-GANG2050.jp

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Bankruptcy. Then start a new grift. One born a minute, ya know.

Remember when Trump said the US Treasury could simply default on the national debt? Looks like we may have dodged that. A small bit of good news.

Larry Brock, the former USAF Lt. Col. was identified and turned in by his ex-wife.

Ouch!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, badlatitude said:
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

If he pulls off Wednesday after nexts stunt, a lot of banks.

The US Treasury

25 minutes ago, El Borracho said:

Remember when Trump said the US Treasury could simply default on the national debt? Looks like we may have dodged that. A small bit of good news.

Oh yes, there are people that work to pull big short position on T-bills around the budget cycle, and lobby their Congresscritters to default.

IMHO that's one very thin line away from treason too

- DSK

1 hour ago, jerseyguy said:

Larry Brock, the former USAF Lt. Col. was identified and turned in by his ex-wife.

Ouch!

I heard she was smiling when she made the call.

1 minute ago, SloopJonB said:

Ouch!

I heard she was smiling when she made the call.

Who knew that being an asshole would make people be less than devote and loyal to you?

- DSK

Ouch!

“If they got one they are one”. I think Bob Dylan said that. 

34 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Good question above - 

Who paid for those buses ?? 

Wait, there's more  . .  https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/09/pro-trump-dark-money-groups-organized-the-rally-that-led-to-deadly-capitol-hill-riot.html

The Antifa buses?  If you head on over to Gab (the Parler replacement) the front page news feed of popular posts is full of Trumpalos typing in all caps "I WAS THERE, BUSES FULL OF ANTIFA PULLED UP AND WERE LET INTO THE CAPITOL ITS ALL A SETUP TO HURT TRUMP" and related fuckery.  

What happens when white trailer trash try to operate above their pay grade.

If you want to know anything about what QAnon is saying, it is all there too.

2 minutes ago, pusslicker said:

It really is true that none of these fucking Trumptards understand freedom of speech. What went wrong?

Shoot, the trumpaloos like @Dogcant figure it out and it’s been beat into him for years. 

when I first saw this clip it did not make much sense   - it was of the the male Karen sobbing in the airport. Rather than shouting at airport staff he seemed to be shoutiung at  his group of fellow travellers telling  them that they  had ruined his life by getting him branded as a domestic terrorist.

he sounded like a man who had been offered a freebie, all expenses winter break  - a wild time -  and found that there was a price to pay

It is my guess that a lot of money was inserted into staging the events of Jan 6th

_ a date now even more significant  than  9.11

Dylan

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/09/pro-trump-dark-money-groups-organized-the-rally-that-led-to-deadly-capitol-hill-riot.html

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Rain Man said:

The Antifa buses?  If you head on over to Gab (the Parler replacement) the front page news feed of popular posts is full of Trumpalos typing in all caps "I WAS THERE, BUSES FULL OF ANTIFA PULLED UP AND WERE LET INTO THE CAPITOL ITS ALL A SETUP TO HURT TRUMP" and related fuckery.  

I guess we might as well have some of that here.

Antifa Was Behind the Capitol Riot

Sorry as usual about the Koch-$pon$ored Trump cheerleading.

I gotta ask. What identification mechanisms could have allowed these (timely, and impressive) arrests, and travel bans, at the airport? 

33 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

I gotta ask. What identification mechanisms could have allowed these (timely, and impressive) arrests, and travel bans, at the airport? 

In my experience it’s when a judge/and or similar approves law enforcement to gain access to information like phone metadata that is normally off limits due to privacy concerns. 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

Cellphone carrier records would be simple. Some were probably already on a watchlist with photos and other records. Facial recognition could be mighty quick too, especially against a watchlist. Maybe just take a phone from the stupidest Capitol Police Officer, or the new Qanon representatives, and add all the FB friends.

A judge may not even be needed since the FBI already has a great amount of data on the movements.

There is apparently no particular proof to appear on the watchlist. Might be enough to just walk into National Airport with cosplay and a stupid look on your face. Or trying to stuff Pelosi’s lectern into an overhead....

• Like 1

One oddity with CCTV analytics. Implementations of facial recognition is usually a live viewing, (or pre-emptive) system , where a successful identification/detection requires a photograph of a subject to be added into the system before the subject enters the facility (eg: airport)

It’s much much harder to add a photograph and try and search for a match on video that is already stored to disc (post event).

So unless the photographs of all the suspects are sent to the airport and added ahead of time, the  chances of the mob being detected by facial recognition by CCTV drops dramatically .

7 hours ago, pusslicker said:

It really is true that none of these fucking Trumptards understand freedom of speech. What went wrong?

This HS Government teacher has a thought - 

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 7.52.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 7.52.48 AM.png

• Like 3
On 1/10/2021 at 12:23 PM, fastyacht said:

So that Becky's Flowers idiot: she calls herself a "patriot."

Maybe we need a new name for them - patridiot

14 hours ago, Bus Driver said:
“Jacob Chansley, AKA Jake Angeli, Arizona man makes first court appearance in for charges related to storming the U.S. Capitol. His mom says he hasn’t eaten since Friday because the detention facility won’t feed him all organic food.”
Image may contain: one or more people and beard

He can eat the shit they smeared all over the Capitol, for all I care.  It's "organic".

A friend offered "For Fuck's sake.  It's jail, not Trader Joe's!"

• Like 1

The president of the Seattle Police Officer's Guild, Mike Solan, is is big trouble. Eight out of nine council members want him to resign. The mayor wants him to retract a certain media post, and for him to apologize, or for him to resign.

Mr. Solan re-tweeted a post suggesting a known BLM agitator was spotted leading the D.C. riot. (We have been under a federal consent decree for ages, and our city council has withdrawn its support for the termination of the decree.)

Mounting Calls For Seattle Police Union President To Resign (msn.com)

36 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

The president of the Seattle Police Officer's Guild, Mike Solan, is is big trouble. Eight out of nine council members want him to resign. The mayor wants him to retract a certain media post, and for him to apologize, or for him to resign.

Mr. Solan re-tweeted a post suggesting a known BLM agitator was spotted leading the D.C. riot. (We have been under a federal consent decree for ages, and our city council has withdrawn its support for the termination of the decree.)

Sounds like people are not of the opinion bullshitting is a good way to approach serious topics.

41 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

Similar stuff going on in Chicago.

“Labor and church leaders, group of aldermen call for FOP president’s dismissal after comments downplaying Capitol attack”

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/criminal-justice/ct-catanzara-fop-capitol-riot-firing-call-20210111-jq3hxrzyfngtvchwumxsdywu3i-story.html