Jump to content

Maybe Storming The Capitol Wasn't Such A Good Idea


Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Whatever, twatwaffle. You don’t have a reputation which supports a “holier than thou” attitude, at least not in the biblical version of “holy.”

Holey, tho? Your arguments have trended that way maaany times. 

Your criticizing Sol on honesty is like Thanos complaining about the physics in a Buster Keaton film.

Are you referring to The Joker or Remodel?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks take great pride in their ignorance and go out of their way to flaunt it, even to exaggerate it. They like to show it off like they are wearing a lair of the latest Air Jordans. I don't get

You are talking about folks that were taking selfies, some with their company IDs hanging from their necks. Burner phones to cover their tracks?  I'm surprised they didn't order delivered pizzas

Posted Images

15 hours ago, phillysailor said:

Whatever, twatwaffle. You don’t have a reputation which supports a “holier than thou” attitude, at least not in the biblical version of “holy.”

Holey, tho? Your arguments have trended that way maaany times. 

Your criticizing Sol on honesty is like Thanos complaining about the physics in a Buster Keaton film.

:blink:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2021 at 11:02 AM, The Joker said:

It must really sting to know you were the one regularly  spreading the bullshit about how Officer Sicknik died. 
 

Have fun with your circle jerk

People here were quoting what was reported.  Did you know better at the time?   Were you out there with some sort of portable MRI device?   You could have set our asses straight with your diagnosis early on instead of Monday morning quarterbacking. 

It really is pathetic that when right wing extremists injure and maim police officers (lost eyes and lost fingers), erect a gallows, invade the capital building, trashing the place and hunting down lawmakers, that you are running with the bone that the manner of death of one person was not initially extracted accurately from a day of absolute fucking chaos.   

Good job, Joker.  Way to make lemonade out of lemons. 

At the time I described Jacob Chansley as dressed like a fucking buffalo.   If you can find out what specific animal skins he was wearing, maybe you can gig me on that one.   That would shed a whole new light on the day. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Joke is a moran who will try and excuse anything done or said by a right winger, just as he will trash anything done or said by any non-right wing extremist.

He is irredeemable - Why do you engage him?

Link to post
Share on other sites

not to beat a dead horse, but you could make good money placing bets that the Jerker is going to say stupid shit; it's what 'they' do.

to be right-wing means to have a myriad of cognition deficiencies. smh

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, benwynn said:

People here were quoting what was reported.  Did you know better at the time?   Were you out there with some sort of portable MRI device?   You could have set our asses straight with your diagnosis early on instead of Monday morning quarterbacking. 

It really is pathetic that when right wing extremists injure and maim police officers (lost eyes and lost fingers), erect a gallows, invade the capital building, trashing the place and hunting down lawmakers, that you are running with the bone that the manner of death of one person was not initially extracted accurately from a day of absolute fucking chaos.   

Good job, Joker.  Way to make lemonade out of lemons. 

At the time I described Jacob Chansley as dressed like a fucking buffalo.   If you can find out what specific animal skins he was wearing, maybe you can gig me on that one.   That would shed a whole new light on the day. 

His mother stated he died of a stroke 2 months ago.   But as usual it was ignored by those that needed a violent death at the capital riot to really stoke the fires.  The unarmed woman shot by the mystery cop didn’t count. 
 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9275449/amp/Mom-Capitol-police-officer-Brian-Sicknick-believes-died-stroke.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Patriot warrior barricades himself on the Minority Leader’s shitter with a sword during the 1/6 GOP Pep Rally for no reason at all. 
 

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/550533-gop-lawmaker-barricaded-himself-in-bathroom-with-sword-during-capitol-riot

In related news, sword shitter Congressman voted against impeachment.

https://www.hotsr.com/news/2021/jan/15/westerman-releases-reasoning-on-impeachment-vote/

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Patriot warrior barricades himself on the Minority Leader’s shitter with a sword during the 1/6 GOP Pep Rally for no reason at all. 
 

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/550533-gop-lawmaker-barricaded-himself-in-bathroom-with-sword-during-capitol-riot

 

I heard his Mom said it was a pocket knife. Back in February.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, benwynn said:

I heard his Mom said it was a pocket knife. Back in February.

 

And this is why 99% of us that are not hard core left are posting less and less.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Joker said:

And this is why 99% of us that are not hard core left are posting less and less.   

And that's a bad thing why? 

Would Sicknick have suffered a stroke if the Capitol Building had not been attacked?  If you know the answer to that, then you should be predicting earthquakes or at least picking horse races.

He's dead and it's not much of a reach to say that the insurrection played a part.   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Joker said:

And this is why 99% of us that are not hard core left are posting less and less.   

Why, because having your sword compared to a pocket knife reminds you of your dating life?

try the veal. (Bring a knife).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Joker said:

His mother stated he died of a stroke 2 months ago

you modus operandi is well know here , why do you persist ?

 

what you are trying to pass as a FACT is what his mother said she believed .

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

To date, I am really pleased by how the investigations and arrests have gone.  The government seems to have their shit together and are doing a systematic and thorough job of rounding up those involved.  I can just hear some kid from Iowa watching the Capitol Building being invaded and thinking to himself, what the hell, they can't arrest all of us.  It appears they can and won't give up easily on that goal.  I think many deals will be offered, many might be refused until the first trial defendant is sentenced.  

I'm sure most involved are not bad people, but they did a bad (read stupid) thing.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 3to1 said:

not to beat a dead horse, but you could make good money placing bets that the Jerker is going to say stupid shit; it's what 'they' do.

to be right-wing means to have a myriad of cognition deficiencies. smh

Where would you find the sucker who would take that bet?

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

I'm sure most involved are not bad people

Depends on your definition of bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, The Joker said:

And this is why 99% of us that are not hard core left are posting less and less.   

The surface of the sun is not cold.

 The Mariana Trench is not shallow.

Joker is not hard core left.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Why, because having your sword compared to a pocket knife reminds you of your dating life?

try the veal. (Bring a knife).

Well... There goes that remaining 1%.   

Nice job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Remodel said:

:blink:

Ooops

I haven’t been her for a bit. Methinks I’ve responded stupidly and will backtrack and see what devilry I’ve mismanaged 

 

No doubt I will owe an apology by the look of this page. Aargh. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Sorry you got caught in the crossfire. 

I knew who you were targeting and suspect everyone else did as well.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cal20sailor said:

And that's a bad thing why? 

Would Sicknick have suffered a stroke if the Capitol Building had not been attacked?  If you know the answer to that, then you should be predicting earthquakes or at least picking horse races.

He's dead and it's not much of a reach to say that the insurrection played a part.   

The medical examiner agrees - "all that transpired played a role in his condition." 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Joker said:

The unarmed woman shot by the mystery cop didn’t count. 

The woman who was breaking into a secure area of the US Capitol?

She, like many folks who engage in criminal behavior like breaking and entering, learn too late of their role in their own demise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Ok, I quoted the wrong post. My apologies @Remodel

I was reacting to The JOKER claiming that Sol is  loose with the truth. The hypocrisy was a bit staggering, and needed ventilating.

Sorry you got caught in the crossfire. 

Not the first friendly fire incident...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Where would you find the sucker who would take that bet?

probably be some takers at BreitFart.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

Despite the quiet, I suspect Merrick Garland is not sitting around doing nothing.  The insurrectionists are shitting themselves as they should.  One orange notable jackass in particular. 

Right?  They are rounding up least one of these idiots practically every other day.  

Sedition Has Consequences | Sedition Tracker

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, benwynn said:

Right?  They are rounding up least one of these idiots practically every other day.  

Sedition Has Consequences | Sedition Tracker

 

It frequently appears that those idiots are rounding themselves up.

They are so fucking dim that more than 30 years into the Internet they still haven't realized that what is posted stays posted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, phillysailor said:

Ok, I quoted the wrong post. My apologies @Remodel

I was reacting to The JOKER claiming that Sol is  loose with the truth. The hypocrisy was a bit staggering, and needed ventilating.

Sorry you got caught in the crossfire. 

No worries. We're good.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

It frequently appears that those idiots are rounding themselves up.

They are so fucking dim that more than 30 years into the Internet they still haven't realized that what is posted stays posted.

They're so stupid that they think people who don't agree with them are stupid.

DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, benwynn said:

Right?  They are rounding up least one of these idiots practically every other day.  

Sedition Has Consequences | Sedition Tracker

 

That site is awesome. I love the sedition dating game version. “We are not a match.” Classic. That interaction might not have gotten him laid but he sure got screwed by it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

That site is awesome. I love the sedition dating game version. “We are not a match.” Classic. That interaction might not have gotten him laid but he sure got screwed by it. 

It may yet get him laid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

What one of the police who lived through the 1/6 Trump rally has to say about his experience, in his own words, without some bullshitter “whitewashing” it:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/04/28/officer-michael-fanone-ctn-capitol-attack-intv-vpx.cnn

The Joke and I will be withholding any comments on this until we hear from his Mom.

 

 

 

lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, benwynn said:

The Joke and I will be withholding any comments on this until we hear from his Mom.

 

 

 

lol

Watching that guy struggle several months after the fact, I couldn’t help thinking that he is one of the ones strong enough that he didn’t commit suicide after bathing in the aura of Trump supporter love. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, benwynn said:

The Joke and I will be withholding any comments on this until we hear from his Mom.

 

 

 

lol

Is a lone lol sufficient, or should you include an emoji?

Of course, I could be mixing up the morans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Is a lone lol sufficient, or should you include an emoji?

Of course, I could be mixing up the morans.

I think I just did mix it up a bit.

"lol" is a Sea Dipshit move. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, benwynn said:

The Joke and I will be withholding any comments on this until we hear from his Mom.

 

 

 

lol

I sure wish the DOJ would comment on this, if they don't intend to prosecute we should know about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I sure wish the DOJ would comment on this, if they don't intend to prosecute we should know about it.

@Benwynn Sorry, I should have added - prosecute the House and Senate perps who organized and pushed the capitol event

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

They're so stupid that they think people who don't agree with them are stupid should have violence inflicted on them..

DSK

FTFY

Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone who breached a barrier that day, along with everyone who facilitated them, should get a lengthy stay in government housing. 
 

Politicians in that category can stay at a facility run by the private prison company that contributed the most to their campaigns. 
 

None of them should see the light of day to do it again. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Everyone who breached a barrier that day, along with everyone who facilitated them, should get a lengthy stay in government housing. 
 

Politicians in that category can stay at a facility run by the private prison company that contributed the most to their campaigns. 
 

None of them should see the light of day to do it again. 

If we don't, then all we accomplished is giving them a dress rehearsal for the next insurrection.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Everyone who breached a barrier that day, along with everyone who facilitated them, should get a lengthy stay in government housing. 
 

Politicians in that category can stay at a facility run by the private prison company that contributed the most to their campaigns. 
 

None of them should see the light of day to do it again. 

Gov't housing as in Gitmo. For all of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, badlatitude said:

If we don't, then all we accomplished is giving them a dress rehearsal for the next insurrection.

Exactly. Not all authoritarians accomplished their goal on the first try. When people tell us that they want to stop our system from functioning, we should listen. When they take action to accomplish it, we should respond accordingly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, badlatitude said:

If we don't, then all we accomplished is giving them a dress rehearsal for the next insurrection.

Reminds me of "The Last Castle" movie...they stage a takeover with the sole intent on seeing what the 

response would be.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It really was a nothing burger (is the Bidenfuhrer going to outlaw those burgers too, bullshitters?) 

Quote

One of the posts on the platform 8kun reportedly called on people to "go to Washington on Jan 6 and help storm the Capital." "We will storm government buildings, kill cops, kill security guards, kill federal employees and agents," the post added, according to an email obtained by CNN.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/550633-officials-determined-troubling-posts-did-not-indicate-threat-ahead 

The Johnny on the Spot law enforcement folks determined this was not a threat to be taken seriously.  I presume that they concluded that after not being able to substantiate it by contacting the poster's mother. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

That does seem to be the place where we store people who have demonstrated that they hate Americans. 

I’m sure a little waterboarding would have them wishing their mother’s were close by.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, badlatitude said:

If we don't, then all we accomplished is giving them a dress rehearsal for the next insurrection.

^^^^ This

They already have had plenty of rehearsals, and got away with it:

https://www.themandarin.com.au/148637-rioters-faced-few-consequences-invading-state-capitols-no-wonder-they-turned-to-the-u-s-capitol-next/
 

https://www.propublica.org/article/sense-of-entitlement-rioters-faced-no-consequences-invading-state-capitols-no-wonder-they-turned-to-the-u-s-capitol-next

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to this clown for getting convicted in just three hours.

Trump supporter found guilty of threatening to kill members of Congress after Jan. 6 insurrection

 

 

C6DBNNVILII6XPFFASFSOWNERE.jpg

 

NEW YORK — Brendan Hunt, an enthusiastic Trump supporter who called for killing members of Congress days after the Jan. 6 insurrection, was found guilty Wednesday of making a death threat against elected officials. It took the jury in his case about three hours to reach a verdict, finding that comments Hunt made in a disturbing video posted online two days after the U.S. Capitol riot amounted to a genuine threat to murder elected officials in Washington. He faces up to 10 years in prison. 

The jury also concluded that menacing social media posts Hunt made in 2020 — including one directed at Sen. Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.), then the Senate minority leader, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) — did not rise to the level of criminality. Hunt, 37, was charged with one count of making a threat to assault and murder a United States official. He was arrested Jan. 19, a day before President Biden’s inauguration, after the FBI received a tip about his video, titled “KILL YOUR SENATORS: Slaughter them all.” The clip had been posted on BitChute, a hosting site popular with far-right conservatives, after the deadly riot in Washington. 

The case centered on several disturbing social media posts and uploads that Hunt’s lawyers said were removed from the Internet before his arrest. The defense also argued that the elected officials he targeted were not aware of his comments at the time. Hunt did not participate in the Capitol riot, nor did he contact their offices or tag the lawmakers’ social media accounts in any of his controversial posts, according to testimony and evidence. 

“The fact that they didn’t see any of those posts because he aimed it at them, because he sent it to them, that’s reason to doubt,” Hunt’s attorney Leticia Olivera argued in summations. Hunt’s prosecution in U.S. District Court in Brooklyn has been seen as a test of how far violent speech can go before it crosses a line into criminality. His lawyers argued that his comments, made from his Queens home, were constitutionally protected and that, while offensive, they were not legitimate threats.

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/trump-supporter-brendan-hunt-convicted-death-threat-democrats/2021/04/28/9a239624-a838-11eb-bca5-048b2759a489_story.html 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He also earns a Wiki entry for being the first conviction where a jury was asked to consider the events of Jan 6th.

Mr. Hunt testified that when he is released from prison, he hopes to continue making videos.

“I think I should maybe stay away from the political kind of stuff or offensive material,” he said. “Maybe reviewing comic books, reviewing movies. Things like that.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/28/nyregion/brendan-hunt-verdict.html

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude was a precinct chair of Cooke County Precinct 14 with its 302 registered voters. Such an auspicious position.

"Precinct Chairs are an elected position in the Party or can be appointed to fill a vacancy and there is no mechanism in Texas election law to remove a sitting precinct chairman in this situation," McNamara said.

The Republican Party has its own rules. Texas election law doesn't give a shit about the Republican Party's precinct chairs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

I felt sorry for Ashli Babbitt's family.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/29/capitol-rioter-ashli-babbitts-family-to-seek-10-million-from-uscp-in-lawsuit-.html

I no longer feel sorry for Ashli Babbitt's family.

I never felt sorry their Trumpalo asses.

They should sue former V.P. Pence for not going meekly to his hanging

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Olsonist said:

I felt sorry for Ashli Babbitt's family.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/29/capitol-rioter-ashli-babbitts-family-to-seek-10-million-from-uscp-in-lawsuit-.html

I no longer feel sorry for Ashli Babbitt's family.

well, maybe the uscp, and the government should counter sue for the damages to the capitol; and the officer that pulled the trigger should counter sue for ptsd. fuck these people.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, basketcase said:

well, maybe the uscp, and the government should counter sue for the damages to the capitol; and the officer that pulled the trigger should counter sue for ptsd. fuck these people.

We MIGHT see some flip-flopping from the "if they try to break through my window I'll shoot them" crowd.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Mike G said:
34 minutes ago, basketcase said:

well, maybe the uscp, and the government should counter sue for the damages to the capitol; and the officer that pulled the trigger should counter sue for ptsd. fuck these people.

We MIGHT see some flip-flopping from the "if they try to break through my window I'll shoot them" crowd.

What would it take to make it legal for a security team to go shoot the rest of the family? I'll chip in to buy them tickets to Abbottabad if that would help

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oregon lawmaker who let far-right demonstrators into Capitol charged with criminal misconduct

https://www.oregonlive.com/politics/2021/04/oregon-lawmaker-who-let-far-right-protesters-into-capitol-charged-with-criminal-misconduct.html

Oregon House Speaker Tina Kotek fined Nearman $2,000 and stripped him of his committee assignments and appointments. Kotek also asked him to resign. Kotek and others are planning on filing a formal complaint about Nearman's actions creating a hostile workplace. Nearman also gave up his Capitol building badge; he agreed not to let unauthorized people into the building and must give 24 hours notice before he enters the building. Oregon State Police have an open criminal investigation against him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Nearman

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Proof Pence is spineless twit, a twit still displaying fealty to a guy that sought to make him a sacrificial lamb to perpetuate the lie that the election was stolen. I wonder if he really understands just how close the former guy came to having him hanging.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

Proof Pence is spineless twit, a twit still displaying fealty to a guy that sought to make him a sacrificial lamb to perpetuate the lie that the election was stolen. I wonder if he really understands just how close the former guy came to having him hanging.

He should change his name to Chad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Oregon lawmaker who let far-right demonstrators into Capitol charged with criminal misconduct

https://www.oregonlive.com/politics/2021/04/oregon-lawmaker-who-let-far-right-protesters-into-capitol-charged-with-criminal-misconduct.html

Oregon House Speaker Tina Kotek fined Nearman $2,000 and stripped him of his committee assignments and appointments. Kotek also asked him to resign. Kotek and others are planning on filing a formal complaint about Nearman's actions creating a hostile workplace. Nearman also gave up his Capitol building badge; he agreed not to let unauthorized people into the building and must give 24 hours notice before he enters the building. Oregon State Police have an open criminal investigation against him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Nearman

Buht Antifa!

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Should we ask him if he knows the Russian one?

They are closing in and hell bent on taking over the world and making tax slaves of us all! :o

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Venom said:

They are closing in and hell bent on taking over the world and making tax slaves of us all! :o

Well your former guy did give them a huge leg up.

Manafortrski and Flynneski sure were helpful.

Just remember Da and Nyet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep hearing that - about a lot of people.

Mostly they are Retardicans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2021 at 8:31 AM, hobie1616 said:

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 8.26.03 AM.jpg

 

I’ve been thinking about downsizing. What’s the rent on that. Parking included?  And how’s the neighborhood. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

National Guard soldier charged for storming the US Capitol

The Justice Department charged a soldier in the Wisconsin National Guard for storming the Capitol during the January 6 insurrection.

Abram Markofski and an associate allegedly traveled to DC together to attend then-President Donald Trump's protest against the certification of the 2020 presidential election. After the rally ended, investigators say Markofski and his associate walked to the Capitol and spent about 40 minutes inside the building.

Markofski has been charged with four federal crimes, including violent entry or disorderly conduct. He has not yet entered a plea.

Maj. Joe Trovato, a spokesperson for the Wisconsin National Guard, said that Markofski enlisted in the Army National Guard in 2019. He is currently a private first class assigned to the 1st Battalion, 128 Infantry Regiment. Trovato declined to comment further.

Link to post
Share on other sites