Maybe Storming The Capitol Wasn't Such A Good Idea

2 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

I went to high school with the guy second from the left.

Is that Richard Simmons beside him?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks take great pride in their ignorance and go out of their way to flaunt it, even to exaggerate it. They like to show it off like they are wearing a lair of the latest Air Jordans. I don't get

You are talking about folks that were taking selfies, some with their company IDs hanging from their necks. Burner phones to cover their tracks?  I'm surprised they didn't order delivered pizzas

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Great Red Shark said:

They all say: "You'll never take me alive" until it's Go Time.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

It had to come up sooner or later . .  

This is the plea . . 

“not guilty by reason of Sean Hannity” 

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/5/6/2029310/-Not-guilty-by-reason-of-Sean-Hannity-Insurrectionist-s-lawyer-claims-he-suffered-from-Foxitus

Influenza/affluenza was easy. It is hard to come up with a catchy rhyme that means “has been force fed bullshit” but Foxitus is close. 

Counselor, what do you mean by “Foxitus”?

Well, your Honor, it is a version of the insanity defense. My client has had bullshit rammed, jammed, crammed and slammed down his throat every day for the past several decades. Sean Hannity could say that the sun rises in the west and this moron would look that way for a sunrise until he had a melanoma on the back of his head, and die from it because melanomas are a liberal hoax.

Sorry to be pedantic.  Shouldn't that suffix be -itis?

It seems as if it's being used to describe some sort of condition.

(I know the use would be incorrect, using the medical definition of the suffix.)

9 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Influenza/affluenza was easy. It is hard to come up with a catchy rhyme that means “has been force fed bullshit” but Foxitus is close. 

Well, your Honor, it is a version of the insanity defense. My client has had bullshit rammed, jammed, crammed and slammed down his throat every day for the past several decades. Sean Hannity could say that the sun rises in the west and this moron would look that way for a sunrise until he had a melanoma on the back of his head, and die from it because melanomas are a liberal hoax.

If ignorant stupidity is a defense they might as well close the courts and the prisons.

12 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Well, the Tucker Carlson defense is only a crazy person would believe what he spews...it had to have been a pre-existing condition! 

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Well, the Tucker Carlson defense is only a crazy person would believe what he spews...it had to have been a pre-existing condition! 

And they keep him spewing admittedly specious bullshit to his bullshit repeaters night after night.

12 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Sorry to be pedantic.  Shouldn't that suffix be -itis?

It seems as if it's being used to describe some sort of condition.

(I know the use would be incorrect, using the medical definition of the suffix.)

Could be "Foxosis".... Or "Foxititis".....  Or "Foxarrhea" Or even "Foxy tits".....

Just now, Mrleft8 said:

Could be "Foxosis".... Or "Foxititis".....  Or "Foxarrhea" Or even "Foxy tits".....

No, I'm pretty sure that "Foxy Tits" are something else entirely.

- DSK

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

No, I'm pretty sure that "Foxy Tits" are something else entirely.

- DSK

image.jpeg.1b873c7f8338fc14ad8b23a10490efec.jpeg

http://image.celebrityleakednudes.com/thumbs/Maria-Bartiromo-nude-celeb-pics-1.jpg

Not bad for mid 50's.

Old has changed a lot over the past 30 or so years.

12 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Not bad for mid 50's.

Old has changed a lot over the past 30 or so years.

Photoshop. The face doesn't match the body at all.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

And they keep him spewing admittedly specious bullshit to his bullshit repeaters night after night.

"What came first, the Hannity or the insanity?" may be an imponderable. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I think we should replay the audio of Kevin's phone call that afternoon, where his voice was shaking as he recounted the mob piling in as they were exiting, and he was not sure if he would make it. I don't recall his actual words but he said it was clear the mob intended to commit murder. At the time of the call, widely replayed on news on Jan 6th and the week after, he did not know if all his staff made it out alive.

Now, of course, all that is brushed aside and he is pretending he was cool with it all along. Plead with Trump to call them off? Who, me?

- DSK

Just now, Steam Flyer said:

I think we should replay the audio of Kevin's phone call that afternoon, where his voice was shaking as he recounted the mob piling in as they were exiting, and he was not sure if he would make it. I don't recall his actual words but he said it was clear the mob intended to commit murder. At the time of the call, widely replayed on news on Jan 6th and the week after, he did not know if all his staff made it out alive.

Now, of course, all that is brushed aside and he is pretending he was cool with it all along. Plead with Trump to call them off? Who, me?

- DSK

The denial of recorded reality is becoming something of a trademark for the R's. Who are you going to believe, me or your own lying eyes/ears?

Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-44959340

3 hours ago, Olsonist said:

“Okay ladies let me tell you what happened as my husband was there inside the Capitol Rotunda,” begins one now-deleted post.

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!

Man who claimed 'Foxitis' prompted him to rush Capitol says he believed 'America was being robbed of a president'

A US Capitol riot defendant whose lawyer says he was hooked on Fox News and developed "Foxitis" said Monday evening that he had "believed that America was being robbed of a President" when he participated in the insurrection. 

Anthony Antonio, who is charged with five federal crimes related to the riot, told CNN's Chris Cuomo on "Prime Time" that he "got wrapped up in what was being told to me, and what was on TV" and as a result "truly believed that (former President Donald Trump) won the election."

16 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

Anthony Antonio, who is charged with five federal crimes related to the riot, told CNN's Chris Cuomo on "Prime Time" that he "got wrapped up in what was being told to me, and what was on TV" and as a result "truly believed that (former President Donald Trump) won the election."

Well, whether we like it or not . . 

there are millions of other USAeans who believe that Big Lie. 

Fear for the republic, such as it is. 

37 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

Man who claimed 'Foxitis' prompted him to rush Capitol says he believed 'America was being robbed of a president'

A US Capitol riot defendant whose lawyer says he was hooked on Fox News and developed "Foxitis" said Monday evening that he had "believed that America was being robbed of a President" when he participated in the insurrection. 

We will start seeing that claim a lot.  Anything to shift the blame.

So....  personal responsibility is out the window.....

23 minutes ago, MauiPunter said:

So....  personal responsibility is out the window.....

They should drag Hannity and Fucker into it somehow. A couple of thousand lawsuits for damages would sting.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

Tony Tony. YCMTSU. 

• Like 1

In North Texas, schism deepens between GOP moderates and ‘skewed’ hard-liners

Battles with liberals are enduring and predictable, but what worries Fuller is the deepening rancor between Republican moderates and far-right conservatives over what America should look, sound and feel like. Inspired by nativist fervor and fed by Donald Trump’s rage, the Republican Party here encompasses anti-vaccination protesters, QAnon conspiracy theorists and those whose mistrust of President Biden only hardens as he reverses his predecessor’s policies.

“It’s just not the party I recognize anymore,” said Fuller, 58, a moderate Republican whose Trump-supporter siblings no longer speak to him. “We are at a place where families are torn apart by political ideologies that are so skewed and out of whack.”

What is evident across this county — where in the 1970s the oilmen-rancher TV drama “Dallas” was filmed — is that extremism has gone mainstream in certain pockets of America. Hard-line sentiments that would have been whispered only years ago are now spoken unabashed. That worries Alonzo Tutson, a Black Independent, who said right-wing radicals here are everyday people who say “howdy to you at soccer practice. They just blend right in.”

Texas was home to three dozen of the 377 alleged insurrectionists arrested in connection with the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, tied with Pennsylvania for the most of any state, according to a study by terrorism experts at the University of Chicago. Of Texans charged, 20 live in half a dozen rapidly diversifying blue counties around Houston and Dallas, including several in McKinney’s Collin County.

The study found that Texas’ rioters were older, more professional and had fewer ties to radical groups than past far-right conservatives. All came from counties that had lost white populations in recent years. Collin County’s white population has declined at a rate of 4.3% since 2015. The study’s authors cited increased fear among conservative whites that they would be overtaken by minorities in a “Great Replacement.”

9 hours ago, Ishmael said:

They should drag Hannity and Fucker into it somehow. A couple of thousand lawsuits for damages would sting.

But they're there to entertain, not tell the truth right? Didn't  Alex at Infowars try that?

Watching these guys pull a complete 180 once the lawsuits  start should be fun but the sheep will be oblivious.

3 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

In North Texas, schism deepens between GOP moderates and ‘skewed’ hard-liners

Battles with liberals are enduring and predictable, but what worries Fuller is the deepening rancor between Republican moderates and far-right conservatives over what America should look, sound and feel like. Inspired by nativist fervor and fed by Donald Trump’s rage, the Republican Party here encompasses anti-vaccination protesters, QAnon conspiracy theorists and those whose mistrust of President Biden only hardens as he reverses his predecessor’s policies.

“It’s just not the party I recognize anymore,” said Fuller, 58, a moderate Republican whose Trump-supporter siblings no longer speak to him. “We are at a place where families are torn apart by political ideologies that are so skewed and out of whack.”

What is evident across this county — where in the 1970s the oilmen-rancher TV drama “Dallas” was filmed — is that extremism has gone mainstream in certain pockets of America. Hard-line sentiments that would have been whispered only years ago are now spoken unabashed. That worries Alonzo Tutson, a Black Independent, who said right-wing radicals here are everyday people who say “howdy to you at soccer practice. They just blend right in.”

Texas was home to three dozen of the 377 alleged insurrectionists arrested in connection with the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, tied with Pennsylvania for the most of any state, according to a study by terrorism experts at the University of Chicago. Of Texans charged, 20 live in half a dozen rapidly diversifying blue counties around Houston and Dallas, including several in McKinney’s Collin County.

The study found that Texas’ rioters were older, more professional and had fewer ties to radical groups than past far-right conservatives. All came from counties that had lost white populations in recent years. Collin County’s white population has declined at a rate of 4.3% since 2015. The study’s authors cited increased fear among conservative whites that they would be overtaken by minorities in a “Great Replacement.”

I believe TX and PA are also the top two states for NRA membership. 

Bail denied to Officer Sicknick’s attackers.

"Both [the defendants'] history and characteristics do not weigh in favor of detention, but they still committed this attack on uniformed police officers, and I don't find a way around that," the judge said.

How about that, bullshitters?  Tune in to your sources for the talking points and get back to us.

https://thehill.com/regulation/other/552840-judge-denies-bail-for-two-men-charged-with-assaulting-sicknick-during

19 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Bail denied to Officer Sicknick’s attackers.

"Both [the defendants'] history and characteristics do not weigh in favor of detention, but they still committed this attack on uniformed police officers, and I don't find a way around that," the judge said.

How about that, bullshitters?  Tune in to your sources for the talking points and get back to us.

https://thehill.com/regulation/other/552840-judge-denies-bail-for-two-men-charged-with-assaulting-sicknick-during

But But But, it's not true! he died naturally!

Just more proof that Trump was surrounded by enablers.

11 minutes ago, basketcase said:

is there a web page where one can submit a person's photo to get matched with photos from the insurgency?

Asking for a friend?

32 minutes ago, basketcase said:

is there a web page where one can submit a person's photo to get matched with photos from the insurgency?

Yes! There is 1-800-CALL-FBI or tips.fbi.gov. The FBI wants to know if you can identify these people:

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/capitol-violence

Do the matching yourself. If you have any information which can help identify these people, call the Feds. You will get multiple starboard crossings for the duration.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

" It's like my Mom used to say... what the hell is wrong with you?"

- DSK

Your Mom and my Mom were quite similar.

3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:
34 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Your Mom and my Mom were quite similar.

Did yours yank you around by the ear while she said it?

But it worked, look how great we turned out!

- DSK

34 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

My mom’s line was “if all your friends were going to jump off a bridge would you do it too?”

• Like 2
1 hour ago, jerseyguy said:

My mom’s line was “if all your friends were going to jump off a bridge would you do it too?”

My mom's was "If everybody else was standing naked on a streetcorner, would you too?"

She was very uninterested in my response that "Sure, I'd stand around naked too, because if everybody else was doing it it obviously had become socially acceptable." 

2 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

My Dad's line was Well, why don't you go out and play on the freeway, too? 

16 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

My Dad's line was Well, why don't you go out and play on the freeway, too? 

Not exactly on topic, but one of my dad’s lines was “if you aren’t paying the bills you don’t get a vote.”

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

Tommy Smothers had the best answer for that, when it was asked of him by his brother - 

"Not again."

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Did yours yank you around by the ear while she said it?

But it worked, look how great we turned out!

- DSK

That is exactly why my ears are not quite even and my reading glasses are always askew.

14 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Yes! There is 1-800-CALL-FBI or tips.fbi.gov. The FBI wants to know if you can identify these people:

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/capitol-violence

Do the matching yourself. If you have any information which can help identify these people, call the Feds. You will get multiple starboard crossings for the duration.

Its a shame that you can't just upload a photo and their software does the rest.

35 minutes ago, basketcase said:

Its a shame that you can't just upload a photo and their software does the rest.

There's also Faces of the Riot but yes, it seems you have to do the legwork.

https://facesoftheriot.com/

You can ask the same question on Twitter, @SeditionHunters. They'd know better.

BTW, you gotta wonder how good ClearView and Palintir really are if they have already identified everyone lickety-split. 

4 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Someone I am close to says that to their four year old child . . 

It's cringe making. 

Watch me say something about it and get myself in trouble. 

In case you were wondering, there is a faction of retired US military officers  . . 

who sympathize with the insurrectionists . . . 

https://sofrep.com/news/retired-officers-question-2020-election-and-bidens-health-in-an-open-letter/

I really want them to issue a second clarifying letter that explains why a $15 min wage is "Marxist totalitarian". 

It's not fine. Even at 12. It's programming the kid to believe s/he has something wrong. Kids' nature is to live up to expectations, especially those of their parents or those whom they respect. Tell them they're fucked up, stupid, etc. and that's what they'll aspire to and that's how they'll end up.

You'd have to be one fucked up person to say things like that to your kids.

1 minute ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

that's what they'll aspire to and that's how they'll end up.

Yeah, my Mum never said that to me, and look how great I turned out!! 

33 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

In case you were wondering, there is a faction of retired US military officers  . . 

Here is the letter. It is beyond bat-shit insane. 

Once the military ceases to understand and support its mission has to be apolitical, 

we are in trouble. 

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/fb7c7bd8-097d-4e2f-8f12-3442d151b57d/downloads/2021 Open Letter from Retired Generals and Adm.pdf?ver=1620643005025

1 minute ago, AJ Oliver said:

Here is the letter. It is beyond bat-shit insane. 

Once the military ceases to understand and support its mission has to be apolitical, 

we are in trouble. 

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/fb7c7bd8-097d-4e2f-8f12-3442d151b57d/downloads/2021 Open Letter from Retired Generals and Adm.pdf?ver=1620643005025

@Burning Manshould take a look at this one.

1 minute ago, LenP said:

Might be a good time to seriously think about reducing the size of the military. 

Getting rid of anyone with the surname of "Flynn" would be a good first step.

8 minutes ago, LenP said:

Might be a good time to seriously think about reducing the size of the military. 

I was thinking a good time for courts martial and cuts in pensions for some takers.

1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

Getting rid of anyone with the surname of "Flynn" would be a good first step.

No doubt, but in all seriousness I think we need to completely re-evaluate what national defense looks like. As we can see over the last several years, our biggest threats to national security are coming across telco lines and satellites. The large standing armies are costly, unneeded, and consume resources we should be using to beef up cyber security. Plus, with all these fascists running around, a large military can pose a national security threat itself.

I am not anti military, my son was in the Navy for a number of years, but there is a growing hard right element which is quite comfortable with the idea of an authoritarian leader. This segment believes not in being willing to fight for our values, but  in fighting to restore the old order. That is dangerous. 

• Like 3
Just now, Raz'r said:

I was thinking a good time for courts martial and cuts in pensions for some takers.

Agreed, but that only pushes them out of view. It does not reduce substantially reduce the threat. 

1 hour ago, AJ Oliver said:
5 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Someone I am close to says that to their four year old child . . 

It's cringe making. 

Watch me say something about it and get myself in trouble. 

As a joke between adults, it's funny. In many cultures it's a point of pride to brag about the extreme punishment one's parents gave. "My dad beat me with a belt. In fact he had a special belt with nails in it. He was nicer to my sister, for her he took it out of the nail gun."

As a real life of way of correcting a child's behavior... yeah, no. Not good.

1 hour ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

It's not fine. Even at 12. It's programming the kid to believe s/he has something wrong. Kids' nature is to live up to expectations, especially those of their parents or those whom they respect. Tell them they're fucked up, stupid, etc. and that's what they'll aspire to and that's how they'll end up.

By 12 kids can understand that their parents get angry. OTOH parents should be examples of constructive control of one's behavior and one's anger. Everybody gets mad once in a while. It's not OK to be violent towards those around you, when angry.

Punishment is necessary, violence is not. In fact I take violence as a sign of losing control of the situation and of oneself

- DSK

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

More on topic

And so it begins. May the families of the other insurrectionists pull the PD lever earlier. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

https://sofrep.com/news/retired-officers-question-2020-election-and-bidens-health-in-an-open-letter/

I really want them to issue a second clarifying letter that explains why a $15 min wage is "Marxist totalitarian". 

Because getting wage slaves to competitively bid against each other to drive the cost of labor down to starvation level is the backbone of American capitalism.   

Ignoring, of course, that they, the corporations, actually have to sell there shit to someone.  But then, that's Walmart genius:  Selling the worst to the poorest.  

Trump's defense secretary confirms he didn't approve plan to deploy National Guard until after Pence called him — over 3 hours after the Capitol riot began

https://www.businessinsider.com/chris-miller-aoc-mike-pence-national-guard-2021-5

AOC rips a new asshole into Miller.

"What we have here is that the order was not issued after a conversation with DC Mayor Bower," Ocasio-Cortez said. "The order to clear the Capitol was not issued after a conversation with Speaker Pelosi. It was not issued after a conversation with Leader Schumer.

"This conversation with Vice President Pence happened at 4:08, and at 4:32 was when the actual verbal authorization according to the DOD happened. That was nearly three hours after Mayor Bowser first requested National Guard assistance," she added.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

As Richard Barnett's family burned through their life's savings in legal fees, sold both their cars and their house ...he has now turned to a Public Defender who has worked out a plea deal of 82 months NO PAROLE. I hope this idiot enjoyed himself.

The rest of the butt puppet brigade must be peeing their collective pants after hearing this news.

7 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Trump's defense secretary confirms he didn't approve plan to deploy National Guard until after Pence called him — over 3 hours after the Capitol riot began

https://www.businessinsider.com/chris-miller-aoc-mike-pence-national-guard-2021-5

AOC rips a new asshole into Miller.

"What we have here is that the order was not issued after a conversation with DC Mayor Bower," Ocasio-Cortez said. "The order to clear the Capitol was not issued after a conversation with Speaker Pelosi. It was not issued after a conversation with Leader Schumer.

"This conversation with Vice President Pence happened at 4:08, and at 4:32 was when the actual verbal authorization according to the DOD happened. That was nearly three hours after Mayor Bowser first requested National Guard assistance," she added.

We knew this from watching, but it is good to "know" it....  Some heads need to roll. 

2 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

The rest of the butt puppet brigade must be peeing their collective pants after hearing this news.

Screw them.  They should spend the rest of their lives in government housing, with free meals and good company...but I guess that would be socialism.