Maybe Storming The Capitol Wasn't Such A Good Idea

Why are these people being arrested?  According to Republican congress peoples, the were just "tourist".

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks take great pride in their ignorance and go out of their way to flaunt it, even to exaggerate it. They like to show it off like they are wearing a lair of the latest Air Jordans. I don't get

You are talking about folks that were taking selfies, some with their company IDs hanging from their necks. Burner phones to cover their tracks?  I'm surprised they didn't order delivered pizzas

Posted Images

Gaslighting and bullshitting don’t work very well in court. It might convince bullshitters, morons and bullshitter morons outside the courtroom, but that’s it. 

18 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

"I GOT ONE!"

For any bullshitters suggesting that the Trump Rally to the Capitol on January 6, 2021 was not about, among other things, attacking police officers.  

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/553314-new-bodycam-footage-shows-jan-6-attack-on-officer-i-got-one

They were a well-mannered group of folks on a normal tourist visit.

9 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Especially if they are aware that the early pleaders get the best deals.

Of course awareness is not their strong suit.

Gonna be interesting to see what Chewbacca gets.

I'm waiting for the North Dallas bimbo/real estate agent to be slapped in the face with the dead skunk of reality.

• Like 1

There is already a case from DC involving someone perpetrating an attack after being convinced of something nutty by online bullshitters.  He got a pretty light sentence. Four years for the Savior of Children at Comet Ping Pong. He actually did manage to fire a gun in the process (into the cabinet which he thought contained the children he was trying to save...to give you an idea of the intelligence of this individual), so it's hard to say if the people who attacked police, shit on the nation's Capitol and sought lawmakers to kill will be treated more harshly....

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40372407

10 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

Doubt if it includes his special dietary requirements.

He's not the only "Vegan" I've heard of who wears animal skin, and eats lime flavored cow bones, but he is the most notorious.

15 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

lime flavored cow bones

?????

Green Jello.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

What is the penalty for an active duty service person participating in an Insurrection?

6 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

What is the penalty for an active duty service person participating in an Insurrection?

Maybe he was just a tourist?

20 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

If he is tried in a civilian court you can expect him to plead that he was following the orders of the Commander in Chief. That's probably why they will deliver him to the military for disposal(court martial). He probably gets busted down in rank and goes to Ft. Leavenworth for a good ten years.

Correction: "Commissioned officers cannot be reduced in rank by a court-martial, nor can they be given a bad conduct discharge or a dishonorable discharge. If an officer is convicted by a general court-martial, then that officer's sentence can include a "dismissal", a separation carrying the same consequences as a dishonorable discharge for an enlisted person and a reduction in rank to the last rank at which the officer served satisfactorily. A US Treasury decision states that even though an officer is dismissed rather than dishonorably discharged, the phrase "discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions" is broad enough to include a dismissal rendered for an officer by a general court-martial, and thus a dismissed officer is also prohibited from possessing firearms or ammunition under federal law, in the same manner as a dishonorably discharged enlisted person"

https://themilitarywallet.com/types-of-military-discharges/ 

There's a reason why Marines are called jar heads.  Career ending stupidity is one of them.

Active-duty Marine charged with assaulting police officers at US Capitol riot

An active-duty US Marine was arrested Thursday for allegedly participating in the deadly Capitol insurrection and charged with assaulting multiple police officers inside and outside the iconic building during the attack. 

Major Christopher Warnagiris, who is stationed at Marine Corps Base Quantico, was arrested in Virginia, according to the Justice Department. 

Warnagiris is charged with assaulting, resisting or impeding officers; obstruction of law enforcement during civil disorder; and obstruction of justice; among other charges.

He is scheduled for an initial court appearance in federal court later Thursday.

The Justice Department says Warnagiris' actions were caught on video posted to YouTube, and that he pushed through a line of police officers guarding the East Rotunda doors on January 6, violently entering the Capitol. 

He then allegedly then positioned himself in the corner of the doorway and used his body to keep the door open and pull others inside. Prosecutors say Warnagiris resisted when a US Capitol Police officer tried to pull the doors shut.

The FBI had been seeking Warnagiris' identity, posting his photo among hundreds of others on their website. The Justice Department said in charging documents that a member of the public who worked with Warnagiris in 2019 identified him to the FBI, which led investigators to go to his military command where they interviewed one of Warnagiris' co-workers, who also said Warnagiris was the man seen in the photos from the FBI's website.

The US Marine Corps confirmed Warnagiris's status as an active-duty Marine and said in a statement that it condemns "racial hatred or extremism in the Marine Corps," adding: "Bigotry and racial extremism run contrary to our core values." 

"Participation with hate or extremist groups of any kind is directly contradictory to the core values of honor, courage, and commitment that we stand for as Marines and isn't tolerated by the Marine Corps," Major Melanie Salinas, a USMC spokesperson, said in the statement.

1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

Hooves, mostly, I believe.  

Nah. That's just a myth. Hooves are made up mostly of keratin (Think fingernails, and hair). Gelatin comes from collagen in the bones, cartilage, and ligaments (as well as the hide. If you've ever used real hide glue you'll note the similarity to un cured Jello as it heats up).

2 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

Can you say Leavenworth?

Can you say firing squad?

4 hours ago, badlatitude said:
4 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

If he is tried in a civilian court you can expect him to plead that he was following the orders of the Commander in Chief. That's probably why they will deliver him to the military for disposal(court martial). He probably gets busted down in rank and goes to Ft. Leavenworth for a good ten years.

Correction: "Commissioned officers cannot be reduced in rank by a court-martial, nor can they be given a bad conduct discharge or a dishonorable discharge. If an officer is convicted by a general court-martial, then that officer's sentence can include a "dismissal", a separation carrying the same consequences as a dishonorable discharge for an enlisted person and a reduction in rank to the last rank at which the officer served satisfactorily. A US Treasury decision states that even though an officer is dismissed rather than dishonorably discharged, the phrase "discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions" is broad enough to include a dismissal rendered for an officer by a general court-martial, and thus a dismissed officer is also prohibited from possessing firearms or ammunition under federal law, in the same manner as a dishonorably discharged enlisted person"

https://themilitarywallet.com/types-of-military-discharges/ 

I thought treason by a serving military person was a firing squad offence.

• Like 1

Major Malfunction will more than likely face double jeopardy. Once the civilian courts are finished with him the military will take their shot.  His life is over.

9 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

Major Malfunction will more than likely face double jeopardy. Once the civilian courts are finished with him the military will take their shot.  His life is over.

Ever see a dog chase a car... and catch it? I have, and it looked like he hadn’t thought things through to their logical conclusion. I see a similar phenomenon with the Capitol riot goobers. 

7 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Ever see a dog chase a car... and catch it? I have, and it looked like he hadn’t thought things through to their logical conclusion. I see a similar phenomenon with the Capitol riot goobers. 

A dog I had once successfully caught the lug nuts on a UPS truck.  I hope these idiots get the same dose of reality.

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

I thought treason by a serving military person was a firing squad offence.

My next door neighbor, USNA 1975, retired from the Navy with the rank of Captain, shared this when I sent him the link.  

Punitive Articles of the UCMJ

Maximum Punishment

For all offenses under Article 94, death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bridhb said:

A dog I had once successfully caught the lug nuts on a UPS truck.  I hope these idiots get the same dose of reality.

It appears they will - the first sentence handed down was 7 years, no parole.

Things are looking up for America.

11 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

That was a bad post, unverified.

15 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Unless the Dems get their shit together and fix the gerrymandering, voter suppression and govern in a way that keeps a voting majority, none of these clowns will serve more than 4 years, max.

Odds on if a Repub President gets elected he'll pardon the lot of them.

FKT

28 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Unless the Dems get their shit together and fix the gerrymandering, voter suppression and govern in a way that keeps a voting majority, none of these clowns will serve more than 4 years, max.

FKT

They are, there is a bill..  The repubs hate hate hate it...  They (dems)may be willing to get rid of the filibuster over it, there is a thread on it... :P

Repub prez and pardons???  oof - No filibuster - oof it's one of those "careful what you wish for" Moments..... It may get some traction and be like the o care thingie where every Repub spends their entire life campaigning against it..  Promises Repeals etc... To milk the elk out of more cashola.  But, like O care (I had just gone through major surgery so the pre existing condition thingie was cool.) Hopefully the dudes that draft it (I assume they are the same people) have it on even more solid ground than Obama did as it pertains to the constitution and basically the law...  They learned from the last time.  But the Filibuster thing...  Donno but don't want to hash that out here.  

45 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

FKT

You seem to be an expurt on things American. Perhaps you can you tell us how the bumbling Democrats are going to fix the gerrymandering, voter suppression and govern in a way that keeps a voting majority, no? Truly, there must be something simple that we're missing which someone from the other side of the planet finds to be child's play. Truly, we await being amazed.

55 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

You seem to be an expurt on things American. Perhaps you can you tell us how the bumbling Democrats are going to fix the gerrymandering, voter suppression and govern in a way that keeps a voting majority, no? Truly, there must be something simple that we're missing which someone from the other side of the planet finds to be child's play. Truly, we await being amazed.

Well, since you can't even articulate anything concrete on how to fix things that you, yourself, claim is so unfair about places like Wyoming having 2 Senators, don't expect me to bother casting pearls.

In point of fact I've NFI how you're going to fix shit because nobody seems to want to have a Constitutional Convention which is the obvious way, but that doesn't stop me from pointing out that your system is dysfunctional and you'd better concentrate on fixing it as a high strategic issue, before you can't.

If a Republican State can fuck with its electoral laws such that it's difficult to impossible to turf them, they only have to win once. From my cheap seat halfway across the planet this seems to be an issue of overwhelming strategic importance, but hey, you might have a different opinion.

FKT

9 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Well I really hope that you are correct, but . . . 

I absolutely do not trust any GOPPER judge to dispense actual justice here. 

Some of you write as though white supremacists in the US have not been let off the hook by the judiciary for these sorts of crimes for several centuries. 

I'll believe it when I see it. 

From my cheap seat in the attic, FKT has it nailed. Kill the filibuster and pass the fair voting act. If the Joe Manchin Party won't play along, then there is a major problem in that these clowns aren't willing to risk their jobs for the future of America, let alone their lives.

3 hours ago, badlatitude said:

That was a bad post, unverified.

Party Pooper.

6 hours ago, Ishmael said:

From my cheap seat in the attic, FKT has it nailed. Kill the filibuster and pass the fair voting act. If the Joe Manchin Party won't play along, then there is a major problem in that these clowns aren't willing to risk their jobs for the future of America, let alone their lives.

Sigh... why is banging your head against the wall, and blaming the wall, so popular?

A Constitutional Convention sounds great. But it's one of those all-or-nothing solutions, except that the "nothing" option could be considerably worse than what we have now. In the absence of national-level leadership that can stage-manage such a Convention to a successful conclusion on at least two major issues, it's certain to be a shitshow with a very negative result.

Yes it's one of the ways to revise the Constitution. Do any of us seriously believe that there won't be one hell of a lot of suggested revisions that will be a lot worse tan what we have now?

We need to choose options that have a higher likelihood of success.

- DSK

Once the filibuster is gone it doesn’t come back, irrespective of which party controls the senate. The DemocRATS nixed it for judicial nominations. The Republicans nixed it for Supreme Court nominations. We have a judiciary loaded with partisan goobers and a Heritage Society Supreme Court as a result. 

Be careful what you wish for us, please. 

2 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Once the filibuster is gone it doesn’t come back, irrespective of which party controls the senate. The DemocRATS nixed it for judicial nominations. The Republicans nixed it for Supreme Court nominations. We have a judiciary loaded with partisan goobers and a Heritage Society Supreme Court as a result. 

Nah.  They'll just say "You gave us no choice.  You made us do it."

Kinda like they said in 2016, after voting for The Former Guy.

40 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Heritage Foundation? Or Federalist Society? Blending both together would make even Dick Cheney's head spin....

2 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Heritage Foundation? Or Federalist Society? Blending both together would make even Dick Cheney's head spin....

Foundation. I get them mixed up from time to time. 

Same clowns, different hats.

A sprawling investigation: What we know so far about the Capitol riot suspects

ince January, prosecutors have secured their first guilty plea and cooperation deal, charged about 75 people with assaulting police and filed conspiracy charges against members of two far-right extremist groups. Those charged publicly so far with federal crimes hail from 259counties spread across 44 states and D.C., according to an analysis by The Washington Post of court filings.

Yet even as prosecutors build cases alleging prior planning and coordination, the majority of those facing criminal charges were not known members of self-styled militias or other organized extremist groups, the filings show.

“The bulk of people being charged is what law enforcement sometimes calls free agents, and that tells you we don’t really have a firm grasp on the radicalization process,” said Colin Clarke, director of policy and research at the Soufan Group, a security consulting firm.

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Sigh... why is banging your head against the wall, and blaming the wall, so popular?

A Constitutional Convention sounds great. But it's one of those all-or-nothing solutions, except that the "nothing" option could be considerably worse than what we have now. In the absence of national-level leadership that can stage-manage such a Convention to a successful conclusion on at least two major issues, it's certain to be a shitshow with a very negative result.

Yes it's one of the ways to revise the Constitution. Do any of us seriously believe that there won't be one hell of a lot of suggested revisions that will be a lot worse tan what we have now?

We need to choose options that have a higher likelihood of success.

- DSK

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

So how are the Dems going to combat the Republican Party killing off democracy at every opportunity? The next time they take national power will be the last.

2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

So how are the Dems going to combat the Republican Party killing off democracy at every opportunity? The next time they take national power will be the last.

Bring minority party leaders into the conversation instead of treating them like the enemy. There has to be bipartisan support at least for the next two years or nothing will get done. Two democRAT Senators have already said that they won't go for nixing the filibuster. One won't go for DC/PR Statehood. Focus on the next two years and do what the American people want, and if it is held up, make sure the American people know who held it up. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

do what the American people want

I think there are HUGE gaps between what the American people want and what elected representatives want.  For example, I believe there are number of surveys showing something like 60-70% of Americans are in favour of 'medicare for all'.  But that isn't on the agenda.  There is also widespread support for environmental issues.   I have no idea how these gaps can or will be addressed. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Well, since you can't even articulate anything concrete on how to fix things that you, yourself, claim is so unfair about places like Wyoming having 2 Senators, don't expect me to bother casting pearls.

In point of fact I've NFI how you're going to fix shit because nobody seems to want to have a Constitutional Convention which is the obvious way, but that doesn't stop me from pointing out that your system is dysfunctional and you'd better concentrate on fixing it as a high strategic issue, before you can't.

If a Republican State can fuck with its electoral laws such that it's difficult to impossible to turf them, they only have to win once. From my cheap seat halfway across the planet this seems to be an issue of overwhelming strategic importance, but hey, you might have a different opinion.

FKT

I'm sorry. I did not know that my well known lack of articulateness and cites is the cause of your inability to understand the State of Cascadia proposal. I dunno what to do but it probably involves some reading on your part.

In re your 3rd paragraph. States gerrymandering of their congressional districts is still subject to judicial review. You're welcome.

Still, I'm glad that you now see that you have NFI. Would that could see that someone with NFI half way across the planet shouldn't be blaming anyone (the Democrats, me, ...) for anything.

Can I interest you in a Vegemite recipe?

14 minutes ago, Bugsy said:

I think there are HUGE gaps between what the American people want and what elected representatives want.  For example, I believe there are number of surveys showing something like 60-70% of Americans are in favour of 'medicare for all'.  But that isn't on the agenda.  There is also widespread support for environmental issues.   I have no idea how these gaps can or will be addressed. 

I get that it will be tough.  Anything we do will be tough. The problem is that we are on the verge of a civil war right now. Just look back to 1/6. Just look right here on these pages.  We have people who hate hate hate their fellow Americans. I used to think it was just trolling and having some fun, but 1/6 relieved me of such delusions. We must try to lower the temperature. 

That doesn't mean just shrugging and giving up when Moscow Mitch says "up yours, n!gger!" It means ensuring that there is no common ground short of him saying that before going noocular. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Another one that realizes it a bit too late...

more need to realize this.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Another one that realizes it a bit too late...

Read the last line.  He sees himself as a soldier.  Fucking traitor.

• Like 4
Just now, Bus Driver said:

He was just following The Merc's 2A theory and defending against a tyrannical government.

16 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Fixed.

Which is what the 2A is for. To defend the US Gov't against threats. Like democracy. As Eva Dent.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ishmael said:
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

He was just following The Merc's 2A theory and defending against a tyrannical government led by elected Democrats.

Fixed.

Double fixed. Or you might say, Dogfixed

- DSK

Hundreds of people stormed the Capitol. Most won’t face hefty prison terms, legal experts say.

Though there was great national outrage at the Jan. 6 assault on the U.S. Capitol by a mob of President Donald Trump’s supporters, nearly half of those charged so far in federal court probably will not face any jail time if they are convicted because they are charged only with misdemeanors, a Washington Post analysis shows.

About 44 percent of those accused in federal court as of Monday — 181 of 411 defendants — are charged solely with low-level crimes, primarily trespassing or disorderly conduct on restricted grounds, which typically don’t result in a jail or prison sentence for first-time offenders. Most of the Jan. 6 defendants have no serious criminal records.

The riot “looked awful. It was awful,” said Jay Town, former U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Alabama, who is not involved in the cases. “But the criminal penalties associated with most of the offenses will not likely result in lengthy prison terms, especially if these individuals plead guilty and cooperate. And that’s how our system is supposed to work.”

Those charged with felonies, such as assaulting police or interfering with the electoral college vote count, face heftier sentences. Even so, the frequently cited maximum sentences of 20 years or 10 years simply don’t apply, according to numerous legal experts. Federal sentencing guidelines set a suggested range of months of incarceration for every crime, based in part on a defendant’s criminal history and the severity of the crime, and that range rarely ventures close to the maximum possible term.

27 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

the frequently cited maximum sentences of 20 years or 10 years simply don’t apply, according to numerous legal experts. Federal sentencing guidelines set a suggested range of months of incarceration for every crime, based in part on a defendant’s criminal history and the severity of the crime, and that range rarely ventures close to the maximum possible term.

Contrast this with the draconian sentences handed down to the Plowshares Seven . . 

https://kingsbayplowshares7.org/impact/

Boy, that frosts my kiester. 

There is your "Rule of Law", or in other words . . 

"If you're Reich you're all right !!" 

7 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Contrast this with the draconian sentences handed down to the Plowshares Seven . . 

https://kingsbayplowshares7.org/impact/

Boy, that frosts my kiester. 

There is your "Rule of Law", or in other words . . 

"If you're Reich you're all right !!" 

Lets wait and see where the Capitol Shitrioters end up and for how long.  The people charged with felonies are facing life-changing consequences for their actions, as a result of being foolish enough to believe a bullshitter to that extent. I like the analogy of the goober who shot up Comet Ping Pong after the same crew of bullshitters convinced him that there was a democRAT pedophile ring in the basement of a pizza parlor with no basement. He "only" got four years, but those four years will have a much longer consequence. 

On the other hand, every person who breached a barrier, door or window on 1/6 is lucky to be alive. I could not believe that more people were not martyred.  

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Bring minority party leaders into the conversation instead of treating them like the enemy. There has to be bipartisan support at least for the next two years or nothing will get done. Two democRAT Senators have already said that they won't go for nixing the filibuster. One won't go for DC/PR Statehood. Focus on the next two years and do what the American people want, and if it is held up, make sure the American people know who held it up. 

And w/ Trump squeezing every republican's balls in his tiny little hands, you think this is possible?

I don't. 

Sadly I think it'll take another Pearl Harbor, or 9-11 to bring this country together again. The threat from with-in can only be ameliorated by a threat from with-out.

58 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

Hundreds of people stormed the Capitol. Most won’t face hefty prison terms, legal experts say.

Though there was great national outrage at the Jan. 6 assault on the U.S. Capitol by a mob of President Donald Trump’s supporters, nearly half of those charged so far in federal court probably will not face any jail time if they are convicted because they are charged only with misdemeanors, a Washington Post analysis shows.

About 44 percent of those accused in federal court as of Monday — 181 of 411 defendants — are charged solely with low-level crimes, primarily trespassing or disorderly conduct on restricted grounds, which typically don’t result in a jail or prison sentence for first-time offenders. Most of the Jan. 6 defendants have no serious criminal records.

The riot “looked awful. It was awful,” said Jay Town, former U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Alabama, who is not involved in the cases. “But the criminal penalties associated with most of the offenses will not likely result in lengthy prison terms, especially if these individuals plead guilty and cooperate. And that’s how our system is supposed to work.”

Those charged with felonies, such as assaulting police or interfering with the electoral college vote count, face heftier sentences. Even so, the frequently cited maximum sentences of 20 years or 10 years simply don’t apply, according to numerous legal experts. Federal sentencing guidelines set a suggested range of months of incarceration for every crime, based in part on a defendant’s criminal history and the severity of the crime, and that range rarely ventures close to the maximum possible term.

The only thing that makes this worse is to suddenly discover that Trump granted secret pardons for all of these clowns. If not, the immediate loud chorus for restoring voting rights will flood state capitols everywhere.

1 minute ago, justsomeguy! said:

An extraterrestrial threat would be nice.

That'd be the solar powered Jewish space lasers that started all those fires out west.....

Jewish lightning is not a new technology. It's been blamed for inconvenient fires in failing businesses for centuries.

4 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Who did he consider his Commander in Chief?

Hint:

Who said “March to the Capitol, I’ll be right there.” Or words to that effect?

Thank god that didn’t happen it would have been a bloodbath and the nation,  not just the R pollies would be pledging fealty to an orange lunatic.

He needs to face charges in the matter or the next prodigy will succeed simply because the orange one has always been an incompetent.

His mistake was surrounding himself with yes men instead of truely competent, the next guy won’t.

4 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Who did he consider his Commander in Chief?

Hint:

Who said “March to the Capitol, I’ll be right there.” Or words to that effect?

Thank god that didn’t happen it would have been a bloodbath and the nation,  not just the R pollies would be pledging fealty to an orange lunatic.

He needs to face charges in the matter or the next prodigy will succeed simply because the orange one has always been an incompetent.

His mistake was surrounding himself with yes men instead of truely competent, the next guy won’t.

Trump has always surrounded himself with "Yes" men (or women). That's why he fails so spectacularly every time. But that's also why these people are attracted to him. If they say what he wants to hear, they're praised by the father/mother/ teacher who always told them to "sit down, shut up and listen".

If Trump had ever hired a competent advisor, he might have succeeded in life..... But nope. All he has is his fake TIME magazine covers, a bunch of underwater properties, a gazillion law suits, and a tremendously failed presidency.

LO - Fuckin' - L:

A Proud Boys leader charged in the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection expressed shock that former President Donald Trump abandoned him and other rioters.

“Alright I’m gonna say it. FUCK TRUMP,” self-described Proud Boys sergeant-at-arms Ethan Nordean said in a Telegram message on Jan. 20. “Fuck him more than Biden. I’ve followed this guy for 4 years and given everything and lost it all.”

Maybe, just maybe, a few more congress-critters will begin to realize that loyalty is a one-way street lined with Mango trees.  

1 hour ago, justsomeguy! said:

No, I mean a real threat.

Like De Camptown Ladies.

Doo dah doo dah......

• Like 1
5 hours ago, justsomeguy! said:

An extraterrestrial threat would be nice.

Attention all planets of the Solar Federation

We have assumed control
We have assumed control
We have assumed control

On 5/13/2021 at 12:56 AM, AJ Oliver said:

Verbal violence can be just as bad. My dad was a master of that dark art. 

Riding my bicycle on Freedom Parkway yesterday, I screamed "move".

I thought he might have killed me with his car.  He'd pulled right into my path and if either of us arrived sooner, both of our lives would be sadly altered.

He said don't disrespect me. 

My brakes worked and he failed to understand.

2 hours ago, hasher said:

Riding my bicycle on Freedom Parkway yesterday, I screamed "move".

I thought he might have killed me with his car.  He'd pulled right into my path and if either of us arrived sooner, both of our lives would be sadly altered.

He said don't disrespect me. 

My brakes worked and he failed to understand.

That could almost work as a haiku 

2 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

That could almost work as a haiku 

The forms of language as all forms of art constantly evolve.  Do you like commas?

6 minutes ago, hasher said:

The forms of language as all forms of art constantly evolve.  Do you like commas?

Speaking for myself, I'd say they're consistently overused.

27 minutes ago, hasher said:

well to give you a rough idea i'm a charter member of the 

e e cummings advanced school of anti-punctuation  

life's not a paragraph And death i think is no parenthesis 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, AJ Oliver said:

I like the next line

fuck your an idiot

6 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

blinkers need to be engaged

hand signals have their place

a strong whistle like mine which is always handy saves catastrophe

trouble can come from misunderstanding easily avoided with warning

• Like 1
On 5/11/2021 at 8:13 PM, Olsonist said:

Yes! There is 1-800-CALL-FBI or tips.fbi.gov. The FBI wants to know if you can identify these people:

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/capitol-violence

Do the matching yourself. If you have any information which can help identify these people, call the Feds. You will get multiple starboard crossings for the duration.

it is a hell of a lot of effort, but i hope worth it in the end......

• Like 1
14 hours ago, hasher said:

As in the Comma Sutra?  

It depends what position they're in.   

(OTOH is your sentence clearer as: "The forms of language, as (do) all forms of art, constantly evolve"?)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Any of our bullshitters gonna tell us that the Whiteness Gone Wild Rally was like a regular tourist day at the Capitol? 

I'm sure Dog and Malarkey Jack would be right on top of that, if they were still here. Dog still mumbles in his sleep, "there were good people on both sides"

- DSK

• Like 2

Suckah!

'You left us': Proud Boys leader Ethan Nordean slams Trump in expletive-laden message

Proud Boys leader Ethan Nordean lashed out at President Donald Trump, accusing him of misleading his supporters and then deserting them despite their unwavering loyalty.

"We are now and always have been on our own. So glad he was able to pardon a bunch of degenerates as his last move and s--- on us on the way out," Nordean said in an expletive-laden message about the former president. "F--- you trump you left us on [t]he battle field bloody and alone."

"I've followed this guy for 4 years and given everything and lost it all. Yes he woke us up, but he led us to believe some great justice was upon us...and it never happened," Nordean wrote on Jan. 20, after Proud Boys members were charged, "now I've got some of my good friends and myself facing jail time cuz we followed this guys lead and never questioned it."

The filing was in response to a motion by Nordean's attorney accusing prosecutors of failing to timely release evidence that contradict allegations of a conspiracy. Defense attorneys cited several messages sent after Jan. 6 in which Nordean said that storming the Capitol was not planned and that he no longer wants to be involved in politics.

Prosecutors dismissed the allegations, saying the trove of messages extracted from Nordean's phone are "far from being exculpatory" and contain additional evidence of a crime.

6 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

Suckah!

'You left us': Proud Boys leader Ethan Nordean slams Trump in expletive-laden message

Proud Boys leader Ethan Nordean lashed out at President Donald Trump, accusing him of misleading his supporters and then deserting them despite their unwavering loyalty.

"We are now and always have been on our own. So glad he was able to pardon a bunch of degenerates as his last move and s--- on us on the way out," Nordean said in an expletive-laden message about the former president. "F--- you trump you left us on [t]he battle field bloody and alone."

"I've followed this guy for 4 years and given everything and lost it all. Yes he woke us up, but he led us to believe some great justice was upon us...and it never happened," Nordean wrote on Jan. 20, after Proud Boys members were charged, "now I've got some of my good friends and myself facing jail time cuz we followed this guys lead and never questioned it."

The filing was in response to a motion by Nordean's attorney accusing prosecutors of failing to timely release evidence that contradict allegations of a conspiracy. Defense attorneys cited several messages sent after Jan. 6 in which Nordean said that storming the Capitol was not planned and that he no longer wants to be involved in politics.

Prosecutors dismissed the allegations, saying the trove of messages extracted from Nordean's phone are "far from being exculpatory" and contain additional evidence of a crime.

Imagine how depressed he will be once Democrats make January 6th, a national day of mourning.